naps - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-07-2003, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds will be 7 months old on the 13th. We do use a swing for his naps, but he is getting too big. This leaves me with having to find a new option for naps. I don't nap him in his crip because I like to associate that with nighttime and sleeping longer. I know that many of you don't use swings or cribs, but would like to know where you all put your babes to nap. We don't cosleep and wouldn't feel safe putting him on the bed for a nap anyway. Any ideas? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-07-2003, 11:16 PM

My first son didn't like co-sleeping and was perfectly happy in his own bed in his own room. I always put him in his crib to nap. I just wanted him to associate his bed with sleeping, not necessarily nighttime. He did great, and never had any nap/sleep issues.
#3 of 6 Old 07-07-2003, 11:38 PM

I guess it depends on how your baby falls asleep, but my DS just sleeps wherever he happens to fall asleep. When I see that he's starting to get a bit sleepy, I'll put him somewhere where it's convenient for him to sleep. I go to garage sales and consignment shops, and I have a few of those blankets with bars over top that have toys hanging down. Those a great place to put him. He plays with the toys for a while, then he just starts sucking his thumb and goes to sleep. We don't have any particular nap times. I just try to put him somewhere quiet when he looks like he needs sleep and then leave him alone for a while so he can get some rest.
#4 of 6 Old 07-08-2003, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

He usually just flalls asleep while nursing, although not necessary for him to fall asleep. I wouldn't mine just setting up a corner with a blanket and putting him down there. I don't really want to use a portacrib if I don't have to...maybe I'll think about using the crib--I never did with my older ds for naps either.
#5 of 6 Old 07-09-2003, 01:16 PM

Right now, DS is actually napping on the living room floor on a nice soft blanket, and he's usually a swing napper too!
#6 of 6 Old 07-09-2003, 05:35 PM

My oldest DD naps in her own bed. She just gets in at naptime and goes right to sleep. It took a year of restless nights of co-sleeping to figure out that she needed her own space.

My youngest DD naps in her crib but sleeps at night with us. I use the crib b/c my DH works nights and sleeps all day. He sleeps very soundly and I am always afraid he wouldn't be aware of her and roll over on her. When it is naptime I either nurse her to sleep or just lay her in the crib and she goes to sleep. She is totally different than my odest who had to be rocked or nursed to sleep. She will nurse and then want to be put down. Even at just 4 months she will squirm in my arms to be put down and then fall right to sleep.:

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page