Stork bites - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS has big obvious stork bites - when did your kid's stork bites go away?

He has one classic one between his eyes, his right eyelid looks like he smacked it on something, and he has some little ones on the back of his head (noticeable now with his baby balding).

They don't bug me or anything - DH and I hardly notice them until someone says that they are starting to go away (they are not - they are just less obvious in certain light) or someone new asks if he fell on his eye.

I usually saw a year or two (read that somewhere) to grandparents, but I was just wondering about personal experience.

Mother to a wonderful 4 year old boy born March 2007 who was once fuzmalesling.gifbfolderchild.gifdiaper.gif and still familybed1.gif

Starting once more from the beginning and  expecting bigeyes.gif a surprise someone pos.gif in September

#2 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 08:10 PM

Dd's are only on her head and back of neck, but they're still there.

-Angela
#3 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 PM

dd has one on her belly, ds calls it a strawberry. I love it and I don't even want it to leave!!
#4 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 PM

I'd say a year or two was when ds's faded. The one between his eyes is still there a tiny bit...when he gets really mad it turns bright red!
#5 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 08:47 PM

dd never lost the one on her eye or the back of her head and she's four. ds2 has one on his eye/back of the head that are still bright red.
#6 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 08:47 PM

Sprogly had one on his neck/back of his head, but it's covered with hair now if it's still there.

Oh, wait! He also had a faint one under his nose, and I think it was gone by the time he was 2 or so.
#7 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 09:10 PM

I still have one at 45.

for intuitive readings click here :
#8 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 09:13 PM

My dd has one on the back of her neck and it disapeared around 9-11 months.
#9 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 09:20 PM

DS had the one between his eyes, it's still there but considerably faded. He had LOTS on the back of his neck and they are pretty well gone.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#10 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 09:24 PM

My dd had a large one on her back but it is totally smooth and has almost disappeared now at 4.5yo. At the pre-school they thought it was a scrape and noted it in their accident book when she fell against a chair last term!

It hadn't occured to me to tell them about the mark as it is on her back and out of sight.
#11 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 09:26 PM

DD has one under her nose and a larger one on her forehead.

They were bright pink at birth and are fading gradually. (15 months)

We notice them when she gets angry!!

I have them on my nose too and DH says they flare up too...when he makes me mad!
#12 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 10:20 PM

DD had one in each inner eyelid corner and they are both pretty much gone at 6 months. The one on the back of her head is still there, but not as bright. You can't see it well, though, because she has so much hair.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#13 of 22 Old 07-26-2007, 11:35 PM

sometimes it takes a couple years, sometimes they stay permanently.

::
#14 of 22 Old 07-27-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreac View Post
I'd say a year or two was when ds's faded. The one between his eyes is still there a tiny bit...when he gets really mad it turns bright red!
yup ..only my sons almost 29 mo and it hasnt faded.
different moods, on his eyelids it looks different. my dad saw him the second time (first he was a day old) at 5 mo and my stepmom whod never seen him accused me of smacking his head off something because i was mad..multiple times, until id been there overa month and :gasp: it didnt go away!!
thats the only thing i dont like about them, being around his eyes, if theyre showing more, it looks like ive beat him
my newborn doesnt have the ones in between or on the eyelids, but he does have i think 4 or 5 little ones on his nose.
#15 of 22 Old 07-27-2007, 01:51 PM

DH still has them on the back of his neck at 27. DS is 8 mos and also has stork bites on the back of his neck but they seem to be fading. Maybe it's just his hair growing in, though...
#16 of 22 Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 PM

My son has a HUGE one on his forehead. He's very fair skinned so I can still see it, and it gets darker when he's running around or upset. They have gotten lighter since birth but not totally gone. He also has tiny ones on the back of his neck. He had them on his eyelids too and a huge one on the back of his head but those are gone now.

DD has a tiny, faint one on her forehead and a few on the back of her neck too.

I'm Scandinavian and blonde with fair skin so I wonder if fair skinned kids' stork bites are just more noticable?
#17 of 22 Old 07-27-2007, 03:12 PM

DD has one on her eyelid, it's really faded now (almost gone). The ones on the back of her head/neck have faded a little but are still there. I'm not worried--both DH and I have thick hair, so they'll end up being covered

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

#18 of 22 Old 07-27-2007, 04:05 PM

both of my children have them.

dd has a gigantic V on her forehead, some on her nose and eyelid and then one on the back of her head. ds has a U on his forehead and the back of his head.

dd is 2.5 and it hasn't faded yet. infact it gets REALLY red if she's mad, hot or sick. I had one as a child and my mom doesn't remember when it faded exactly but she could always tell when i was lying until i was 10 cause the V would show up, lol. dh still has the one on the back of his head but it's very light.

Mama of three.

#19 of 22 Old 07-27-2007, 04:07 PM

DS is 15 months and has a big one in the shape of a V on his forehead. its faded since birth and is barely noticeable unless your looking for it, or he's mad, then its bright as the day he was born.
#20 of 22 Old 07-27-2007, 04:14 PM

DD is now 26 months and hers are very faded. I can still see them when I look up close but for anyone else who meets her they're invisible. Then again, she was breech so hers were very small anyway.
DS has the classic ones and obviously still very visible at (almost) 6 months. They're cute!

Christine, SAHM to DD ('05), DS1 ('07) and : DS2 ('09)
#21 of 22 Old 07-27-2007, 04:19 PM

My mom still has the one between her eyebrows! It's really only visible when she's hot.
#22 of 22 Old 07-28-2007, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

Wow - good to know. My little guy's are really pronounced. WE were told they would be gone by two when he was born, but I doubted that when I posted.

We will proceed with telling the curious that they are birthmarks that may or may not go away.

Mother to a wonderful 4 year old boy born March 2007 who was once fuzmalesling.gifbfolderchild.gifdiaper.gif and still familybed1.gif

Starting once more from the beginning and  expecting bigeyes.gif a surprise someone pos.gif in September

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page