~*~April 2007 Mamas~*~ Wow, It's August already!! - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 418 Old 08-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Slings: right now, I'm still in ring sling mode. I'v got a Zolo that I adore and I don't want to give it up. I still have a bit of a stash from when Liam was a baby, an Ergo, hemp Hotsling (which is to small but that I'll keep for hip carries) and a Kozy. But I'm really into my ring sling and my Yamo. I'm about to sell my wraps. I just don't really use them.

Queen: I like the Llamajama, but I bought the longies on clearance and they were the old style ones and the sizing isn't as generous. So the smalls are long but the waist is really small. I have to really squeeze her into them! But the quality is fabulous.

LLL: I'll see if there are any meetings around here... The thing is they only do meetings in english and the english neighbourhoods are kinda far from my house, I'd love to find french meetings in the area. I'll try and contact them and see. I'd love to meet AP moms and make real mommy connections as opposed to my tv "Bringing Home the Baby" TLC friends that I end up yelling at because they're so full of mainstream poop. You know they wouldn't enjoy a hard to find Crankypants. But I digress.

Hanno: yep, romi is a stander too and I've let go a few times. Scary to see them grow so fast. Sigh.
#392 of 418 Old 08-30-2007, 09:11 PM

I am in the same boat as you all w the non-sleeping babe! I thought I was getting PPD and went to the DR last Fri. Freaked thinking I was PG (I'm not), had my b-day and a fight w DH! YIKES! I am SO freaking tired! Yesterday my mom took DS1 and I napped w Noah all day-sporadically!

I have been taking Lexapro for anxiety since Monday and I think that is why Noah isn't sleeping! The last 2 nights he was up 8x!!! So I am going to stop w that! And my mom is on me for giving cereal-he weighs 18.5#, obviously gaining. She thinks I can't provide all his nutrition. AND my dad said aren't y going back to teach? You could sub. Don't you want to be part of the solution? You are living on hand-outs and student loans.

My dh is a phyician's assistant student.

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#393 of 418 Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 PM

I think we get addicted to DS bc of lack of support??? from DHs
#394 of 418 Old 08-30-2007, 09:46 PM

Abby had her first formula today

She is on a growth spurt and is drinking 4 full bottles, while I am now only pumping 2 full bottles (maybe because of Aunt Flo?) anyway, I ran out of extra bottles, and sent her with three completly full ones and her daycare provider told me she was done at 2:30. She started screaming at 4:45 and I picked her up at 5:15. I had to stop for the formula on the way home :

She ate it at 6 pm while I pumped, and didn't seem to mind, but I do.
#395 of 418 Old 08-30-2007, 10:29 PM

kelsi
That sucks. I'm so glad we get a year off mat leave here in Canada cause I can't pump more than 2oz... I am in awe of pumping/working mamas!!

geez I'm not looking forward to going back to work.
#396 of 418 Old 08-30-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post

She is on a growth spurt and is drinking 4 full bottles, while I am now only pumping 2 full bottles (maybe because of Aunt Flo?) anyway, I ran out of extra bottles, and sent her with three completly full ones and her daycare provider told me she was done at 2:30. She started screaming at 4:45 and I picked her up at 5:15. I had to stop for the formula on the way home :

Johnny had his first on Tuesday...I hadn't thought about AF - I should be due for it in a couple days.

DH played the meanest joke on me today : he said he had formula and was going to take the baby with him to NYC while I stayed home (I have to work on labor day : ) I KNEW he was joking because he would never want DS to have formula unless he had to and he always says how much Johnny needs me...but he went so far as to say he called his mom and she said the baby would be fine I was so mad I told him I wwould call the police finally after I begged him to tell me he was joking he goes, "you are so gullable, Babe." : :
#397 of 418 Old 08-30-2007, 11:09 PM

wow, this thread is moving fast!
I have been busy busy busy with packing I haven't had much time for posting (have been lurking a bit though!). I see there are some diaper addicts here! I have had to reign in all spending so I can afford to live on the west coast, but I have been buying wool and knitting soakers. I just started on my first pair of longies...hopefully they will actually be finished before the cooler weather is over, .
Arlo is cute as a button...he is really easy. Just smiles all the time. He is a real roller too, I can barely get his diaper changed these days because as soon as I put him down he rolls!
It's been a sad few weeks for us saying goodbye to family and friends. Trent left this morning for the west coast and we all had a very teary goodbye, but we will see him on wednesday. I feel bad taking the kids from family (I know I've said this before) but we are looking forward to the adventure! Anyway, I will update more and pay closer attention to what's going on with everyone else once we get settled.
A
eta I can't believe there is talk to ttc around here!! I am petrified of having sex because I'm afraid of getting knocked up! I love having my two boys close together, but if I were to have any more I would space them further apart. I don't think I would ttc until Arlo was 2, since my milk dried up around 5 months pg and Finn was only about 20 mos by then, and I found the first couple months pp pretty overwhelming.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#398 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 11:22 AM

Good to hear things are going well with the move Anika. I'm sure it's a very busy and turbulant time for you! I'm sure it will all be bittersweet.

Well, somethings' up with Eva too. NO, she's still sleeping fine, but she's been fussy. She's really fussy at the breast, only taking one, on and off, short sessions, last night I actually had to pump because she was not interested! And yesterday she had an enormous throw up in her bassinet, all over her back, bed, head and body. I had to bath her immmediately. Then she did it again this morning, like fountain throw up. What's up?? Oh, and she's had big, wet diapers with a lot of runny poop. I wonder what's going on. I hope it doesn't last long!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#399 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 PM

Hey I found a LLL meeting right next door!! Woohoo!!! But it's only once a month. Better than nothing, right?

Queen: sounds like a virus to me.
#400 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Hey I found a LLL meeting right next door!! Woohoo!!! But it's only once a month. Better than nothing, right?

Queen: sounds like a virus to me.
That's awesome! (And most LLL's meet only once a month. Sometimes, if there's interest, they have "enrichment" meetings between regular meetings)

Daniel insists on helping me type. He's insane

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#401 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 01:02 PM

Queen, it sounds like a virus to me, too.

PAK

Hannah's been drinking out of a sippy!!! Actually, I just gave her a NUK sippy with spring water in it to play with. she actually 'gets' that you have to hold it by the handles and put it in your mouth, but by the time she finally gets it in her mouth (which is HILARIOUS to watch) half the time she forgets to tilt it up!! Then there are times that she tips it up, and gets soaked all down the front. It's amazing and sooooo funny to watch. I stay right by her, in case she chokes, which she did for the first couple of times, but after that she pretty much got used to the flow. It's awesome to see her learning how to do things!!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#402 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
That's awesome! (And most LLL's meet only once a month. Sometimes, if there's interest, they have "enrichment" meetings between regular meetings)

Daniel insists on helping me type. He's insane
Oh. I wanted to do the cool social ap stuff like Queen does more than once a month I'll just go back to stalking mamas with baby carriers around the market. JK!!
#403 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 01:13 PM

So, I'm doing something I've never done with any other baby this early. On October 11 I'm leaving the baby (and brothers and sister) with Daddy and going to see Hairspray at the Arts Center. I've wanted to see this show forever, so I'm going to pump a bottle. The theater is only five minutes from my house, plus our favorite local brew pub is just across the street, so my plan is to take the cell phone and have DH meet me with the baby at the restaurant if he (Daniel, not DH) freaks out and absolutely has to nurse. I'll practice with a bottle (or maybe even a sippy cup? He'll be 5.5 months at that point) a couple times before then.

Tell me I'm not selfish. :

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#404 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I'll just go back to stalking mamas with baby carriers around the market. JK!!
I've done that. :

#405 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
So, I'm doing something I've never done with any other baby this early. On October 11 I'm leaving the baby (and brothers and sister) with Daddy and going to see Hairspray at the Arts Center. I've wanted to see this show forever, so I'm going to pump a bottle. The theater is only five minutes from my house, plus our favorite local brew pub is just across the street, so my plan is to take the cell phone and have DH meet me with the baby at the restaurant if he (Daniel, not DH) freaks out and absolutely has to nurse. I'll practice with a bottle (or maybe even a sippy cup? He'll be 5.5 months at that point) a couple times before then.

Not selfish...I'll be doing something similar for our annual Marine Corps Birthday Ball. I have no idea how I'm going to do it, but we somehow have to attend this formal event and get a hotel room, or drive a very long time very late at night and abstain from drinking. I'm thinking I'll have to get 2 hotel rooms...one for a sitter and one for us. Ugh, the cost.

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#406 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:

very cool!! i hope it works out for you
we have a wedding to attend on oct 6th caroline will be just over 5 months old, i think dh and i might leave her with my parents.... the wedding is down near them... i think i could take her, but part of me thinks it would be sooo nice to go childless... i haven't decided... i got a bottle we should tryand see if she will take it from dh.....but really if she is in a sling she will be totally happy for my parents and my mom is totally ap ( were i learned it all from!) so i know my baby would be pretty ok... unless hungry. anyone else buy a bottle and wanna tell every one you breastfeed and feel silly buying it ? lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#407 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post

have you lokked at kellimom.com

maybe a bite of applesauce would keep baby happy?

sorry pak can't type

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#408 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:

NOT selfish! i'm amazed you've gone so long without doing something like this zenon is used to the bottle b/c i work a couple nights a week at a restaurant...but i've gone out when i was visiting my sister (dinner and a brewpub) and wish i had more friends around to do that with

have fun!!!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#409 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 PM

arismom- maybe abby will be interested in some foods soon and you won't have to supplement for long.

queen-- too...hope eva's fussiness/pukies pass fast!

maximom- zenon has been scooting too! he can go far! the first time it happened i came back in the room to find him far from where i left him. it's crzy :

man, this is the only thread that i try and keep up with and i can't even manage that it moves fast.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#410 of 418 Old 08-31-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
It's weird, but Scarlet looks a little like Evangeline to me. Adorable of course! But I had always liked the name 'Scarlette' and it goes nice with 'Greavette'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttimepreggers View Post
Queen, it sounds like a virus to me, too.
You really think so eh? It hadn't even crossed my mind. She was fussy nursing again today, I actually have to stand up and walk to nurse her, to accomodate her aerobics. And refusing too. Weird. well...maybe it is a touch, Axel's diaper happenings are a little different too...

Quote:
Oh. I wanted to do the cool social ap stuff like Queen does more than once a month I'll just go back to stalking mamas with baby carriers around the market. JK!!
Hahaha, so I'm not the only one who does that! 'Maybe SHE could be my friend, she looks cool'
I live 1/2way between two towns, and I have the benefit of going to both meetings, every 2 weeks! I'm so glad you found one close to you, I hope you love it! You must be bilingual. Are you French? (I know, that sounds like such a stupid question, but I'm quite sure there a lot of non-french people living in Montreal)

Quote:
On October 11 I'm leaving the baby (and brothers and sister) with Daddy and going to see Hairspray at the Arts Center. Tell me I'm not selfish. :
So NOT selfish! That's nothing!! Go and have a blast, although I bet you'll miss him like crazy! I always did when I left Axel, but I haven't left the girl yet. I always feel 'naked' without my kids, and it's funny that someone said when you buy a bottle you feel like you have to explain that you are breastfeeding; when I'm out sans kids (even for 4 minutes) I always feel as if I should tell people I have 2! (Same with cloth diapering, 'we'll, she wears cloth, so...') I just wish some guy would hit on me so I can say 'ya, I'm lactating'!: . Yes, I still believe (or try to!) I can be 'hit on' despite being a momma of 2...in fact my sweet ride really brings in the comments. (It's true! I never got them with the jeep! so girls, if you need an ego boost just go get a new set of wheels!!!)

Ok, I'm being a huge dork. I'm always a dork nowadays aren't I!? Must be the lactation.
(Ok, here's a joke, who's seen "Anchorman"? 'the bears smell the menstruation'?? well, change that to lactation and it applies for everything!)
: time for bed!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#411 of 418 Old 09-01-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Ok, I'm being a huge dork. I'm always a dork nowadays aren't I!? Must be the lactation.
(Ok, here's a joke, who's seen "Anchorman"? 'the bears smell the menstruation'?? well, change that to lactation and it applies for everything!)
: time for bed!
A
I really like you this way, having 2 kiddos seems to be making you the funnest kind of nutty
#412 of 418 Old 09-01-2007, 12:33 AM

You ladies crack me up! Man, this thread is moving fast! I can barely keep up! Amanda - I just read your story about the LLL poo-splosion. Wow - too funny.

I've really been enjoying our local LLL meetings. There are usually about 10 mommas there and the groups sort of varies from month to month, so I've met lots of nice people. I met a girl who is starting a brick 'n' mortar CD store and is starting out with carrying Mother-ease and Loveybums. Yay! I bought a couple one-size dipes (on organic and one stay-dry) and an airflow cover from her. It's really interesting for me to listen to what the mommas w/ babes a few months older than Scout have to say....so I know what to expect. I usually stop by this AWESOME french bakery on the way there to get a decaf latte and an apple cream brioche. It's like my special day once a month.

I am DYING to buy a Babyhawk. I want one so bad. DH will think I'm nuts if I tell him I want another baby carrier. I have a ring sling and an Ergo. We use and like both.....but I just want to try something new. I know a mei tai wouldn't really solve this, but Scout LOVES to face forward when I am wearing her. She's getting a little too big to be all wadded up frog-legged frontward in the sling (she starts to wiggle a bunch when she realizes her legs are trapped) and when I carry her facing me in the sling or the Ergo, she contorts her neck and shoulders all weird so she can look out in front of us. It's cute, but I'm sure it's not very comfortable. I bet she would enjoy a Bjorn for that reason. :

Speaking of frowned-upon baby gear, my MIL had given us one of those doorway jumper things a while back. I thought I'd just get rid of it because I didn't like the idea of DD hanging from her crotch bouncing (I'm assuming it would be bad for the same reasons Baby Bjorns are thought to be bad)...and my chiro speaks against any such device: exersaucer, jumperoo, etc. (ooh - and I just read a study on exersaucers causing femur fractures in infants! Yikes! ) Anyway, I was curious and put DD in it the other day and she really likes it. HERE'S A PIC. I decided that I don't feel like a horrible mom for letting her play in it because I would never just leave her in it for any extended amount of time (I'm thinking 10-15 minutes every other day or so) AND I would NEVER leave her unattended in it. Something tells me that these kids who are getting broken femurs and subluxated spines from baby entertaining devices are the ones who are left to sit in them all day. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

maximom - OMG - Scarlett has teeth?? Wow! I'm not ready for this! Our babies are growing up so much!

annettemarie - I think that sounds like a blast! Good for you. Momma deserves a little night out every now and then! I bet everything will work out great and you will have so much fun.

Scout's personality is getting stronger and stronger. Today, she even got frustrated and fussed at me when I tried to pry a toy from her fung-fu grip (the only reason I was taking it away is because she had spit up all over it and I wanted to wipe it off : )...but it was the first time I had noticed her being really headstrong like that. I'm sure when she's 2 and throws a fit over something I'm trying to pry from her hands, I won't think it's so adorable then! :
#413 of 418 Old 09-01-2007, 09:05 AM

I know exersaucers ect aren't great, but I will use them (like you said for short periods). DD gets lots of floor time, but she still has those periods of time where she wants to play, but not on the floor. Sometimes she even complains about being in my arms! She also loves pressing her feet against things, so I am thinking she will enjoy the exersaucer.
#414 of 418 Old 09-01-2007, 10:28 AM

last night was INSANE. The G Force did not succumb to sleep until around 1 am. She sleeps like a windmill--waves her arms all over the place--and wakes me up. Unless of course I swaddle her, but she's getting so big that now she's strong enough to get out of it.

I wake up to her determined grunting as she attempts to wiggle out of the Swaddleme blanket. And of course she's up bright-eyed at 8 am (with lots of snacks along the way) this morning. : WHERE do they get the energy??
#415 of 418 Old 09-01-2007, 01:09 PM

Queen - You're hilarious. I get nutty, too, but I try to let it out when no one else is around . Yes, the resemblence is in the eyes and cute button nose, I think. And you've inspired me to contact LLL. They have a meeting in Vancouver (WA), about 15 miles from me, so I'll give it a whirl.

Going out without babe? What's that? It's been 3.5 years since I've been out on my own (at night anyway). I figure I did so much partying/socializing in my younger days, I need to stay with the kids for a while. It would be nice to get out, though. Someday....

I put toothy Scarlet in the exersaucer for a moment so I can post. :

Re: Big milky boobs: When I was home visiting the family, my brother (yes, my brother) commented on how big my boobs are - duh, they're full of milk, silly. If I could just get rid of this extra belly, I'd be svelt mama!

For non-sleeping babes, has anyone tried getting babe out for fresh air, this seems to help Scarlet. Also, I've noticed that she gets overstimulated if I've got her in bed with us when we're watching a video before bedtime (thomas or something). The past three nights I've had to take her out and rock her in the dark.

Finn'sMama - be sure to let us know when you've gotten settled.

Wish you all lived around here, I'd bake something yummy and have you over!
#416 of 418 Old 09-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned

queen, you're cracking me up to!

Kewpie-O, definitely try legs out! I've been doing it with Sophie for months now; she'd only do legs in asleep b/c she hated it. I use my semi-stretchy wrap the most right now and she can turn her body to face to the side and is sooo happy like that, but will often burrow back into mama when she needs a break, or just look up at me to see my reaction to whatever she's seeing. A MT can work that way, too, although I've had to tie low so the straps didn't block her view, but the wrap's easier. Anyway, if you get a MT, just get a MTB adjustable or just tie a ribbon or something around the bottom to cinch it and keep her legs out.

Sophie's just a dream. Some tricky sleep issues at times (witness her bing up for three hours first thing today, which is odd enough, then napping for all if 15-20 minutes!!)but goodness what a delight she is, just smiling and interested and riding along with me for the day's adventures! I feel really capable and human again this week!
#417 of 418 Old 09-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
queen, you're cracking me up to!

Kewpie-O, definitely try legs out! I've been doing it with Sophie for months now; she'd only do legs in asleep b/c she hated it. I use my semi-stretchy wrap the most right now and she can turn her body to face to the side and is sooo happy like that, but will often burrow back into mama when she needs a break, or just look up at me to see my reaction to whatever she's seeing. A MT can work that way, too, although I've had to tie low so the straps didn't block her view, but the wrap's easier. Anyway, if you get a MT, just get a MTB adjustable or just tie a ribbon or something around the bottom to cinch it and keep her legs out.

Sophie's just a dream. Some tricky sleep issues at times (witness her bing up for three hours first thing today, which is odd enough, then napping for all if 15-20 minutes!!)but goodness what a delight she is, just smiling and interested and riding along with me for the day's adventures! I feel really capable and human again this week!
Oh yeah - I should've been clearer....She does ride legs-out in the sling, but she has to face me that way and she doesn't want to look at boring ol' mommy....so she ends up all contorted, straining her neck and shoulders to look out in front of us. The only way she can face forward in the sling is if I froggy leg her and wad her body into a ball, which she's not liking so well. She's better with the ergo, since she loves to gnaw on the straps...but she still strains her neck to try to face forward. Silly girl! Can baby face outwards w/ legs out in a mei tai? I'm trying to picture that and I can't for some reason. Maybe I need to get a wrap so I can put her on the front of me facing outwards. It seems like she'd get overstimulated that way, but she just LOVES to be carried facing the front. That's how daddy has always carried her in his arms. Maybe that's why she likes it. I haven't tried a back-carry w/ the Ergo. Maybe she would enjoy that.
#418 of 418 Old 09-01-2007, 04:24 PM

It's September: new thread

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...47#post9062147

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page