~*~April 2007 Mamas~*~ Wow, It's August already!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzie'sma View Post
Wow I am jealous of your babies size, Zann is only 11 pounds at 3 months. We bought a house and have alot going on. He has another echo the 17th and a cardiac cath on the 21st. Then we are sending everything to Boston and they are confrencing with the cardiologist and surgeons down here and we will hopefully come to a decision soon. This is so nerve wracking.
mama. I hope everything goes well.

Well, we have some big things going on here...
Dp got offered a great job op out in Langley BC, so we are thinking of making a cross country move...in the next 6 weeks!!: : <---that about sums up how I feel right now!
We have to give our notice immediately and we'd have to get rid of all our crap and drive out there and hopefully find a place to live or else camp for a bit until we do...is this totally nuts or what??
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#62 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Dp got offered a great job op out in Langley BC, so we are thinking of making a cross country move...in the next 6 weeks!!
A

Congrats! Good luck with moving!

I can't believe that Scarlet as two teeth already! Can our babies be old enough to have teeth!

I want to get pics done of all 4 girls on Tuesday, but Claire fell down last week so I'm waiting to see if her cheek is all healed. Her eczema is flairing, but most of that is behind her knees or in her elbow, so hopefully we won't see that.

DH is out for his long run this morning. Once he gets back then I need to run into work for a bit. Then my little sister wants to go to the mall and take Maddie school clothes shopping with me. I'm not sure how that is going to work because DH has a long list of things to do and won't be able to do that with Ellysia and Claire at home.

Sophia doesn't really have a nick name other that Sophie. The girls like to sing to her. Do you know the song that Dora and Boots sing to the frog? It goes: Croa-KEE! Croa-KEE! Anyways, they change it to "Soph-EE! Soph-EE!" It's so cute.

For a few weeks now Sophia has been able to wiggle herself around in her bassinet so that when she wakes up her head is where her feet were and vice versa. Now yesterday she had done that and had rolled over too! I'm not sure how she has enough room to do that in her tiny bassinet, but she did it. Crazy girl.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#63 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
Sounds Awesome!!!

Happy Birthday to me!! I am not really celebrating much today though. Just not feeling it. DS1 is especially irritable and whiney. I hope he settles down as the day goes along.

Hehe i conceived Caroline on my birthday too! HAppy Birthday to you!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes it ended up nice, dh had his mom come over and watch the older 3 kids and we took the baby and went to dinner! then yesterday my parents came up and we cooked out it was very nice!

lil, johnny is to cute too!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#64 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 12:13 PM

wow babies with teeth!! i am not ready for that yet! she is my last and i want her to stay little forever lol~
I haven't nursed Caroline in the car yet, i did it with all my others tho.
but in my Van the Car seat is to high i would have to sit on my legs to get my boobs to her! and i have LARGE LONG boobs! lol and its not really that safe :/ so we just pull over

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#65 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 12:25 PM

Hello all!

~ Just checking in! ~
#66 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Hi All-
I'm having a nice solo morning! I can't remember the last time this happened!! My daughter and husband are still sleeping - I'm enjoying coffee toast and MDC by myself...
We had a DATE last night. (Saw SiCKo... pretty good) My in-laws are in town and watched S. Nice, but the unfortunate part is that my MIL used (during the 3 hours we were gone... [that the longest I've EVER been away from S]) used some of my frozen BM stash. I want my daughter to be happy, of course, but I have to work so hard to get pumped BM. As I have posted before, I have so little luck with the pump.
Sometimes I actually think I just under produce. S is gaining weight at a fine rate, but we nurse nearly every 90 minutes in the day. We can go loner and have up to 5 hour breaks at night...
Wow- someones already teething! (I forgot who posted that...) I though S was, 'cause she drool so much and loves to suck her fist/fingers. But I teethed at 9 mo and DH at 7...
Anyway...

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#67 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
Happy Birthday to me!!
: : : : : : : : :

!!!
#68 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 01:25 PM

: Happy Birthday!!! :

#69 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Wow I am jealous of your babies size, Zann is only 11 pounds at 3 months. We bought a house and have alot going on. He has another echo the 17th and a cardiac cath on the 21st. Then we are sending everything to Boston and they are confrencing with the cardiologist and surgeons down here and we will hopefully come to a decision soon. This is so nerve wracking.
good luck with everything

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#70 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 02:47 PM

: velvet!

finn'smama-good luck with the moving! when do you have to decide? i bet it will be fun once your on the road-- a big adventure

mclisa-- zenon's been wigglin too! he can scoot backwards (on his back). he is always moving his feet and now he ends up moving far! the first time this happened we had left the room for a minute and when we returned to find him in a totally different spot we were very surprised

#71 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 03:04 PM

well, we just decided right now! we gave our notice just minutes ago and will be leaving sept.1ish! I'm so excited and nervous...our families our going to flip: and I feel bad for taking the kids away from them, but sometimes you gotta live a little, right??

#72 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 05:17 PM

wow! i'm sure it feels bittersweet right now it's hard to be away from family, but you do have to do what is right for you (that's what we're doing...)

good luck with everything!

#73 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 10:25 PM

Velvet...Happy birthday!

Finnsmama...WOW! What a great new adventure!
Subbing right now....

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#74 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 11:19 PM

Holy smokes, this is a fast moving thread right now!

Happy Birthday Velvet!! Don't go making another baby now....or maybe do!

Quote:
Wow, this sounds tough. What exactly is CHD? I seem to have missed what is going on with your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i think we need a picture
Lol, sure. As soon as I take one. We had to leave the 'stang at my parents tonight, due to a flat tire and leaking transmission fluid.: Poor dh was working on it all day. Guess what my licence plate will say?
'MYLDLPNY'

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
well, we just decided right now! we gave our notice just minutes ago and will be leaving sept.1ish! I'm so excited and nervous...our families our going to flip: and I feel bad for taking the kids away from them, but sometimes you gotta live a little, right??
Wow! That was so fast! How exciting for you! I absolutely think you gotta go while you're young. It's too bad about being away from your family with the babes...but what an adventure. Go west! Have you been to Langley?

Uhhhh that's all. I can'te believe we have teeth and rolling around here! My sweet butterball is just that....she's strong and alert and healthy and laughing all the time, though!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#75 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Guess what my licence plate will say?
'MYLDLPNY'
that's good! My folks are mustang lovers...my dad just got a Shelby and my mom drives a bright yellow convertable!

Quote:
Wow! That was so fast! How exciting for you! I absolutely think you gotta go while you're young. It's too bad about being away from your family with the babes...but what an adventure. Go west! Have you been to Langley?
I know, we're nuts! I can't sleep I'm feeling a little : about it. I have not been to Langley specifically, but we both lived out there when we were younger (not together) and loved it. I really am looking forward to being by the ocean and mountains.

A

#76 of 418 Old 08-05-2007, 11:56 PM

Wow-this is moving fast! Finn's mama-goodluck! How exciting! And umm...Queen...what does your licence plate mean? You're really going to have to spell it out for me!
#77 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 12:04 AM

lol....awww c'mon! you can guess!

(my little pony)!!!!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#78 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 12:16 AM

Too foggy-got up w DS1 twice and DS2 twice, last night...duh!
I was thinking the NY stood for New York! So I thought it was My -something- New York.... Why??
So I am trying to put pics in my siggy...how do you do it?

Here are pics of Noah:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145.../269948429.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145.../269950245.jpg

Can you believe the size of that 'heed'?? It is a 'virtual planetoid!!!' Who know which movie that is from?? (I know-I am not that foggy!)
#79 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 12:17 AM

Finn's Ma-
I love BC - I used to like just across the straight of Juan de Fuca in WA. I'd love to be back there...

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#80 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 12:24 AM

finnsmama- Congrats on the move, it can be refreshing to start over and moving forces you to go through all the clutter.

Wow teeth and scooting! Zann has trouble holding his head up!

CHD- Congenital Heart Disease, he was born with 4 heart defects. He had a coarctation of the aorta (it was 2mm wide) that was repaired on his 2 week birthday, but he also is borderline for hypoplastic left heart syndrome, has a small mitral valve, an enlarged right heart that is causing pulmonary hypertension, a VSD or hole between the ventricles in his heart, and his tricuspid valve is only a bicusipd and it's too small also. So he is being watched and it is looking like we are moving toward converting him to a one pump heart. That would take 3 more surgeries. So that's my Zanny in a nutshell. I haven't posted much here since he was born.... but I lurk
#81 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 AM

*Poop update!!*

For those who were wondering...all but one of the tests came back negative for anything. : We're still waiting on the last one, but the nurse says that she just doesn't think the problem is bacterial. I really do think it was just from the antibiotics, although we stopped taking them about a week and a half ago. I guess her system must be just getting them out. I'll update again when I find out about the last test.

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#82 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 03:03 AM

Man, I can't keep up. Then again, I can barely keep up with MY life.

Happy Birthday, Velvet!

Finn's Ma, I envy you a bit. Though I love my home, I yearn for another adventure... (and a new car )

Montana - you'll have smart kids with those big 'heeds'.

Rozzie - I don't really know what to say, I can't imagine such a challenge. You are strong, mama!

Here's a pic of my little baldy
http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...07/t_=91799807
#83 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Can you believe the size of that 'heed'?? It is a 'virtual planetoid!!!' Who know which movie that is from?? (I know-I am not that foggy!)
can't remember the name--but does it have mike myers in it?

#84 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
can't remember the name--but does it have mike myers in it?
So I Married an Axe Murderer!

"If it's not Scottish, it's craaaaaap!"
#85 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM

#86 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 10:26 AM

I posted this in Birth & Beyond, but I'll try here too:

I had DD four months ago by c-section. At the beginning of June I had a light period and nothing more until Saturday (August 4).

Saturday morning I woke up bleeding and it has been the heaviest I have ever had, as heavy as my postpartum bleeding.

I use the Diva Cup and I have had to empty it 10 times since Saturday morning, so that's about 10 ounces in 48 hours. Just this morning, in the last 2 hours I emptied the cup twice and then went through two Super absorbency OB tampons, one right after the other. Ordinarily, I have to empty the cup once at bedtime (and it's not even full) and then I empty it in the shower in the morning. I never leak out of the cup, but besides leaking a lot yesterday, this morning I left a trail of blood to the bathroom twice (that dear darling DH cleaned up for me). I looked like "Carrie" from the waist down in the shower.

I have a call in to my OB, but in the meantime, this seems excessive to me, how about you? I have never had a period like this in my 27 years of having periods.
#87 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 10:41 AM

Yikes! It *sounds* excessive to me, but I've heard that the first period can be very heavy. Still, that sounds like a LOT of blood. I think I'd be going to the doctor.

#88 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 AM

that does sound really heavy! i would call my doc too.

#89 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. We didn't do anything yesterday except go grocery shopping fun fun!!! At least dh was with me which was a treat.

CorbinsMama- I don't know what to say except I'd be calling the doctor. i hope it gets better soon. Have you had any cramping?

Finnsmama- Sounds exciting to be moving like that!!

Rozzie - I didn't realize your LO had heart trouble. I hope everything works out.

Gotta go. I'm getting out of the house today. I'm going to get a new outfit!!
#90 of 418 Old 08-06-2007, 10:52 AM

I think I would try to be seen immediately. That does sound really excessive. How are you feeling?
A

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page