Mothering Forum banner

April 2003 mommas, what is your baby doing?

883 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Free Thinker 
#1 ·
Ok, Joshua rolled over 2 weeks ago and now it seems to be his new "trick"
This is all too much for me considering the girls never even thought about rolling over until they were at least 4 months. 10 weeks seems a little young to me.
So what are all the April 2003 babies doing? We are 3 months!!!
Can you believe it? Goes fast!
My little man is the funniest baby. He gets so excited.
And I forgot all the cute little squeeks and snorts.
Ahhhhhh I am in love with my son!

Wish we had a proud smiley!

See less See more
#2 ·
My little April flower hasn't rolled over yet. But she has learned how to blow raspberries. I wake up in the morning and she is just lying there, perfectly happily blowing raspberries - her mouth covered with milk and spit! LOL Just think of what you miss when you don't cosleep!

She also has become a thumb sucking expert - she loves to suck her thumb - there was no stopping her, unless I gave her a pacifier I suppose but I didn't want to do that.

She also loves to stand up, she can hold herself up standing if she holds onto my fingers and I support her / keep her balanced. She just gets so excited doing this!

#3 ·
Time is sure flying by! Amber likes sitting on my lap and rests her head/back against my legs, so that she can face me. She has discovered her toes and loves reaching for them and she also has been lifting her head from that "sitting/resting" positiont too.

And yep, she also likes "standing" on my lap and loves mirrors to see that other baby!
Hasn't rolled over yet. I remember that my ds was very early in that.

Warmly~

Lisa:bf

#4 ·
lisamarie, our babies have the same birthday!

elijah is "talking" up a storm, or at least trying to communicate with his baby language whenever he's in a good mood. it's great to see him smile and laugh. in his sleep sometimes he even giggles. it's a bit surreal.

he's also munching on his right hand, and he rubs his eyes when tired. no rolling over yet, but when he's under his gymini he does have a hanging stuffed toy that he likes to swat at.

at a new mom's group, i learned another exercise for him--in addition to having him stand, i also hold under the arms and have him slowly walk toward me. i read that you need to practice the "stepping" reflex or else it disappears. but i must admit that i have mixed feelings about encouraging him to walk early. i'm intimidated by toddlers! LOL

#7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! My baby was also born early in the morning--4:09am--which was great because I felt like we had an extra day to recover in the hospital

As you can tell from my log-on, I am a night owl, as is my dh, so Elijah fit into the family from the very beginning!

Speaking of nighttime, how are all your babies sleeping? Elijah was very wakeful since birth because he was a tiny baby with weight issues (only 5lbs 2 oz at birth). but now that he has gotten a bit chunky, he naps well in his sling.
Nighttime is still touch-and-go, but co-sleeping works well, given we do 2-3 night feedings (during which, both of us are usually half-asleep!).

#8 ·
Hi all. Welcome to the new April moms. Cosette (born 4-8) rolled over from her front to her back a couple of weeks ago. She rolled over from her back to her front last week but it was on the bed with momentum into daddy so I don't think it counts. Just tonight though she rolled from her back to her front on the floor -- so it's official, she's a roller. She's so ready to go -- she acts like she wants to get up and run right away. We'll see. Ds was a very physical boy (crawled at 6 months, walked at 9), and so far Cosette is doing things earlier so I might be in for a handful.

She's a very laid back baby and a very good sleeper. We have been very blessed. The time that she goes down to bed varies, depending on what we are doing, usually around 9 p.m. though, and she will usually sleep until between 6:00 a.m., nurse and go back to sleep. Though she occassionally does have her nights when she wants to nurse more often, which is just fine with me. Though I remind myself that ds did the same thing, started out as such a good sleeper, going such long stretches, and then turned into a night nurser. So I'm not holding my breath...

So, are we transferring our April 2003 moms and babies to this thread? Our old thread was getting really long... Just wondering...

#9 ·
Hmm... let's see:

He smiles and does the silent "laugh". :LOL He loves to "talk", blow raspberries, chew on his fist (he's teething), stand in our laps, and has begun reaching for things. When he lays on his tummy it looks like he's going to crawl. LOL He doesn't roll yet, except from his side to his back or his side to his tummy.

I'm not sure how many times he wakes up at night... usually 2x I think. The joys of cosleeping!

#10 ·
Eve was born on 4/16 and rolled from back to stomach for the first time today! How thrilling! She's just a bundle of energy--her legs are always kicking, she loves to look at her toes and chew on her fists. She also held a teething ring for the first time today. She gets mad when she's laying on her stomach because she hasn't quite figured out how to roll that way yet. She generally goes to bed when we do, around 10 pm, and wakes up once in the middle of the night and once in the early morning to nurse. Last night she was very restless and nursed more frequently--we both have conjunctivitis, and I think she may be teething as well.
Ubertulip, your babe is so cute!

#11 ·
I haven't posted to this list before...ds was born on April 6th. He just rolled over from belly to back this week. Wow, I was so amazed! He loves to stand, and kicks his legs wildly all the time. He coos and talks at his "friends" (stuffed animals).

His nighttime sleeping has generally been good. We all sleep together. About 3 weeks ago we started putting him in bed (this was before the rolling, so no worries) before we went to bed. He wakes up a few times to nurse, but will often sleep 4-5 hours in his first stretch of the night. For this I feel lucky.

Someone wrote that their baby was teething...we have had similar suspicions. How do you know?

-Katie

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ktcl
Someone wrote that their baby was teething...we have had similar suspicions. How do you know?

-Katie

I mentioned my ds is teething... I know because I can feel a few bumps on his gums, he often "chews" on my finger instead of sucking like he used to, and the small white spots on his gums where his canine teeth will be coming in are getting whiter.

Of course, teething sometimes takes awhile. Not the case with my dd though. She started at 6 months and had 14 teeth by 14 months old.
She got her 2y molards sometime after 18mo and they were all the way in at her 2y ped. visit... I'm not sure exactly when they came in because the only thing I ever stuck in her mouth was boob or a toothbrush cause I didn't wanna get bit! :LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.