Gassy Baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-15-2003, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My almost 4 mo old is a very gassy baby....she was a bit colicky in the evenings for a while but now she will get gas pains and esp. at night she wakes herself up passing gas. She also has some reflux after almost every feeding. I am a vegetarian and have eliminated dairy...the rest of the list seems impossible to me (wheat broccoli) and my ped says they are now not sure this is really the answer. Any ideas??
#2 of 5 Old 07-15-2003, 10:49 AM

Lukes mom-
Sounds like us. I wound up taking KAthrynn to a cranial sacral healer. I also dramatically changed my diet. I tired eliminating wheat, diary, dark greens, oranges. You name it, i eliminated it! I also made sure she burped after eating. LAstly, i gave her chamomilla- a homeopathic remedy to calm her.
I don't know what worked in the end. It might have just been time. After 4/5 mo she seemed to calm down.
Of course teething started then.
UGH!
#3 of 5 Old 07-15-2003, 10:57 AM

Aidan did this as well and still does no matter what I have eliminated from my diet to pinpoint the culprit. He doesn't get painful gas though so at this point I just accept that he's like his father. Ewwwwww

He had really bad reflux too but pretty much grew out of it by 4 months. I was told that alot of babies have reflux because their stomachs and reflexes aren't mature when they are born so not to worry unless there is alot of projectile vomiting or the baby seems to be in distress. I'm not a doctor though and can only tell you what I've been told. For my little one it seems to be what the problem was though and hopefully it's something simple for your's as well.

Mona- what is a cranial sacral healer? I've never heard that before and was just kind of curious. I hope you don't mind.
#4 of 5 Old 07-15-2003, 11:14 AM

Someone else can probably answer this better, but the best that i can explain---Cranial Sacral healers work with alignments in the head area and the spine area. A lot of times during birth for babies, and other activities for others, the spine and head will go out of allignment. This can cause feeding and digestive problems.
Cranial Sacral healers are a very energetic kind of healer. I bit more refined then chiropractors in my opinion.
#5 of 5 Old 07-15-2003, 11:30 AM

How interesting! I am so very glad I asked and thank you for explaining. I never knew!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page