May 2007 Moms ITS SEPTEMBER - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2007, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
goodness... I am feeling nervous now all the talk of conspiracy and stuff...

Grace Comes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 09:58 PM

Hehe, I do feel like I should tell you just cause I'd hate the anticipation myself
I PROMISE it's fun :
I love you and wouldn't dream of doing anything unpleasent to you ever :

Honestly, I bet you know what it is, just not that it's called DDDDC.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM

Ok, you guys are a bad influence. I gave Kade the teensiest bit of sweet potato today. By the third "bite" he was leaning into the spoon with these huge eyes and his mouth wide open. Needless to say, he totally loved it. I don't know if I'm ready to do any more than that right now though.

Here's a pic of the kids today
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1258/...653bb0298b.jpg
Old 09-24-2007, 03:25 AM

Ha, I agree, bad influences the lot of you!! I gave kayleigh the pod from some peas from our garden and she happily gummed it for a while. She has been watching intently what happens to things on our forks/spoons. I'm sure she'll be ready for real food soon enough, but for now I'm content with leaving her with just breast milk. And when it comes time we are going to go the way of finger feeding and I bought one of those mesh feeded things.

OH and today she rolled over, FINALLY!!! She rolled from tummy to back, then she cried, so I turned her back over and she did it again, and cried again, so I turned her back over on her tummy and she fussed and whined so that was the end of tummy time.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 AM

oh wow... now I get where those tag lines come from!
I can' wait to show Todd!

Ya'll are so sweet
:

Grace Comes.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 AM

oh wow... now I get where those tag lines come from!
I can' wait to show Todd!

Ya'll are so sweet
:

Grace Comes.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Kiran rolled front to back when I wasn't looking today. She's done it before but this was the first time I could be absolutely positive she didn't have any help and was on a flat, hard surface.

pics, movies, etc.
http://web.mac.com/prairie_fire/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

My gf got on me about putting the handle down, then we asked the techs who checked the installation, and they both said the handle should be down. I wanted it to be otherwise, my gf was so driving me nuts . . . .
Old 09-25-2007, 03:37 AM

Ha ha ha ha! I love your DDDDC Baraka!

You all ARE a bad influence. I pretended to give Henry some of my jambalaya the other night. I licked my spoon and then let him lick it.

I dropped him today. It wasn't bad, but of course I feel AWFUL. I tripped outside and on my way down, I dropped him. He landed on soft grass, flat on his back so I think it wasn't too bad but you know. I just had to come on and tell y'all so I might release some of the guilt. LOL

We had a really busy day and he was so sweet all day. Really went with the flow and smiled at everyone and snuggled up to people who held him. Can't wait to go and snuggle up in bed with him!

We've started a blog but we haven't thought of a name for it yet so it's temporarily here: http://www.ryanquick.com/farmblog/
Old 09-25-2007, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
I dropped him today. It wasn't bad, but of course I feel AWFUL. I tripped outside and on my way down, I dropped him. He landed on soft grass, flat on his back so I think it wasn't too bad but you know. I just had to come on and tell y'all so I might release some of the guilt. LOL
Oh thank goodness, I'm not the only one! I put Kayleigh in her swing and went to the bathroom and was putting my hair up in a pony tail and heard her whining in her I'm scared voice and I ignored it. Then I heard a thump. I don't know if I didn't latch the tray properly or if she somehow unlatched it but when I came out she was laying on the floor crying. I feel the guilt too!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:31 AM

my turn to release guilt...

ezra fell off the bed a couple days ago. i laid him on dd's twin bed (the short way so he could roll) and he promptly rolled over onto his tummy. fine. i started putting the girls' books away (about 2 feet from him) and as i had my back turned he scootched forward and dove off onto the floor. i didn't see it....just heard the thump & scream. i thought i was being so smart putting him side ways so he wouldn't roll off. : yes, i felt awful. he wouldn't let me put him down for 1/2 second for about 2 hrs....seriously. it completely threw him for a loop.

did i mention that i've found a new found love for cloth diapers? i've CDd since day one with dd (4.5 yrs ago) but we just did it simple....prefolds, some mother-ease & eventually kissaluvs. dd2 was exclusively CDd with kissaluvs. i've only used the most basic covers, too. but....a friend of mine gave me a few extra WAHM-made CDs she had left over & i became addicted to the cute prints & soft fleece's, etc. i just sold my MEs & bought a few WAHM-made AIOs, some cute fleece & wool covers & a couple tie dye fitteds. i'm absolutely addicted to diaperswappers.com!!! as soon as ezra outgrows his size 1 KLOs i'm switching up my stash again.

stephanie asl.gif

Old 09-25-2007, 11:36 AM

another nap question...

is anyone else's LO started to fight naps? ezra has always been such an easy put-to-sleeper but lately he fusses & fights & arches his back. he has completely skipped his evening nap 2 days in a row (which translates into a 6-7 hr awake stretch until bedtime). this would be ok if he wasn't so obviously overtired. putting him to bed at night has been a BEAR! this morning he woke up at 5:45 & fell asleep on the boob at ~8am but the second i laid him down his eyes popped open.

i'm sure he's just regulating his sleep pattern but it's exhausting me.

stephanie asl.gif

Old 09-25-2007, 12:00 PM

OK fessing up too... Raven also fell off the bed the other day. she was having a nap and i put her right up against the wall and she's never rolled off the bed before i heard her wake up and went to get to her. But usually i'm in the next room, in the office, with both doors open so I hear here squirming and whining. Y'know cause she can roll, and has been able to for a long time, but not very fast. But a few days ago, it was the weekend, Jeff and i were downstairs in the living room--I was on my way back up but i just stopped to chat for a couple mins. and then all of a sudden i heard her scream and cry and as we were running to get her, I said, "Was that a thump then a scream?!" Jeff took 3 steps at a time to get to her, and when we did she was on the floor screaming... I panicked but she was fine, I guess, just startled. Luckily we have a futon so it's not that far from the floor to begin with.

She has also managed to get out of her Bumbo, which they are not supposed to be able to do...the first time she did it when Jeff wasn't looking and bumped her head. Yesterday I caught her trying, so I stood with my hands hovering over her to see how she was doing it and that time she pushed herself out and held herself up with her arms to get her feet out. What a strong baby! I don't think she could get to hurt falling out of the Bumbo now, anyhow, it's not far of a drop.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 PM

Akasha is starting to sit up .... time is moving fast.

Grace Comes.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
She has also managed to get out of her Bumbo, which they are not supposed to be able to do...the first time she did it when Jeff wasn't looking and bumped her head. Yesterday I caught her trying, so I stood with my hands hovering over her to see how she was doing it and that time she pushed herself out and held herself up with her arms to get her feet out. What a strong baby! I don't think she could get to hurt falling out of the Bumbo now, anyhow, it's not far of a drop.
Yes, I was given a Bumbo in a trade and was warned that they an arch thier backs and pop out. Sure enough, before long Kayleigh was arching her back to get out. Usually it has to do with a dirty diaper that she is trying to get away from. Sometimes I wonder if her poop is corrosive....

Old 09-25-2007, 03:08 PM

Ugh. Just yesterday I named DS "Ultimate Sleep Fighting Champion." Not a good title. He's taken to clobbering me when I nurse him while he's tired. If he falls asleep while nursing or being worn he'll wake as soon as you put him down or within literally 5-10 minutes. He wakes every 2-3 hours all night. I am often reluctantly cosleeping with him in the guest room. Occasionally we can get him back to sleep by patting his bottom while he's on his tummy, but that is almost rare, really. He's a terrible napper. I am so tired and cranky and taking it out on everyone. We all have a bit of a cold to boot. HELP!

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

Old 09-25-2007, 11:40 PM

Rigel has been changing so fast. 2 weekends ago he learned to sit unsupported. He'd been tripod sitting for a while, but it was like one day he decided he didn't need to use his hands anymore. It's fun to watch him enjoy his newfound skills for sure!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well I just got done changing most of Maggie's clothes out as they were too small. We did not even last a month in size 3-6 months. : My kiddo now weighs 17 pounds. She was 14 pounds 9 ounces on September 5th and not even 20 days later 17 pounds.

Heidi
Old 09-26-2007, 01:19 AM

Did I mention that I got out all the 12-24 month clothing for Clay? His onsie today - 18-14 months from the Gap. My boy is big. I'll get numbers on Thursday but he must be at least 20 pounds now.

Here is a picture:

http://meganelin.vox.com/library/pho...c01be0001.html

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
WOW he has rolls like Maggie does. He is so cute.

We reformated our computer and I need to find the photo editor and then I will post pcitures of how big she is. She is really short so it makes her look that much bigger, lol.

Heidi
Old 09-26-2007, 04:10 PM

Finally - some bf support!!!... and then more of the usual :/

My uncle was visiting for the past week, and today I got this email from him.

"I didn't realize what it took to breast feed a baby; can't imagine feeding two! You must be exhausted at the end of a day. You're a GREAT Mom!"

(Most of the time we were around him, it was noisy and crowded so lots of comfort nursing was happening) but FINALLY - a response other than "omg you HAVE to get a break sometime, you should just give them formula sometimes!" (Mind you, everytime I get this, I'm totally calm, held together, and not even close to falling apart... so the problem is what again?)

And then I get a call from my mom who's going to watch the girls on Friday for a couple of hours about how I need to start giving the girls a bottle once a day so that they get used to it. (Last time I left DH with bottles they didn't like it too much.) And how if they won't take bottles, I'll NEVER get a break... Since you know - babies tend to wean at 18 yrs old and all. And again, I have not once complained about "being tied down" or "not getting a break". Still my family continues to freak out about it.

I guess I can be glad that I have a family that cares, even though their concerns are often misguided...
Old 09-26-2007, 10:46 PM

I have not been checking in the last week because we finally are doing it. Or I should say about to. CD that is!!!!

We have gotten almost everything off of diaper swappers, it is addictive.

Most of my stuff should be here tomorrow.

You guys are cracking me up...Hudson rolled or scooted off the couch at 12 weeks

Mom of 3.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGroom View Post
I have not been checking in the last week because we finally are doing it. Or I should say about to. CD that is!!!!

We have gotten almost everything off of diaper swappers, it is addictive.

Most of my stuff should be here tomorrow.
i am ADDICTED to diaper swappers!!! (did i say this already?) i just discovered it & have already sold my stash of mother-ease & am slowly replacing them with cute little covers for my kissaluvs & and some WAHM AIOs, tie dye fitteds, etc. there's soooo much out there that i never knew existed. i just introduced DS to a friends of mine & now she's cursing me. hee hee.

ezra is seriously sitting up now! i took him to dh's soccer game today & ez was sitting up & pulling at the grass making the funniest noises. at first i thought he was on the verge of crying but then decided he was just overly excited about grass.

stephanie asl.gif

Old 09-27-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
he was just overly excited about grass.

DD is doing the tripod sit, but sine she hasn't figured out that she can pick UP the toy to her mouth rather than bringing her mouth to the toy, she tends to toppel fairly quickly.

how the heck do you spell topple? is that right?they both look wrong!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:21 AM

off to check out diaper swappers....

Grace Comes.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
Be careful we may never see you again

Mom of 3.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
Don't do it, Baraka!!!

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

Old 09-27-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGroom View Post
Be careful we may never see you again
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyTeesa View Post
Don't do it, Baraka!!!
i needed that giggle, mamas! thanks!

and yes, diaperswappers is
..............................a blackhole
.....................................of indulgence
................................................we eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

stephanie asl.gif

Old 09-27-2007, 01:02 PM

Do you want to know how much I spent on DiaperSwapers last month?
I shouldn't tell :

Let's just say that my stash is currently GIGANTIC & to make up for my spending indiscretion I neeeeeeeeeed to sell:
23 XL bumkins AIOs
4 Toddler Kushies AIOs
4 Medium Swaddlebee pockets & 6 medium inners
& various small/medium diapers & covers
& probably some of my Large swaddlebee pocket diaps (cause I think I have about 48 of them now. . .)

I already sold 29 m & L swaddlebee AIOs that I bought on DS. . .at a loss

Hey, who wants to say what your working stash is?
I'd have to count some stuff. . .and look to see how many prefolds I have coming from the Diaper Traders co-op

I feel so guilty for spending all that $

Be careful on DS. be very very careful

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Old 09-27-2007, 02:29 PM

Wow! Now that's a whole lotta dipes!!!

Grace Comes.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:34 PM

Y'all are so funny! Though I have to admit, DS has also swallowed me up a few times, too.

As far as our stash, we are currently dealing with:
36 unbleached infant CPFs
24 tie-dye infant CPFs (dyed by me)
12 BSWWs in the various cute prints
3 Happy Hempy's size M
1 Kissaluvs size 1
1 Under the Nile organic fitted
2 imse vimse bumpy wool covers
1 WAHM wool wrap from wallypop
2 WAHM fleece covers from wallypop
1 peaches n' dreams hyena cart fleece and velour fitted
5 Fuzzi Bunz
1 adorable wool soaker from kozy designs with a puppy on the bum

I am LOVING the hemp fitteds with wool for nightime. By morning the dipes are absolutely soaked through, but the part against her skin is dry. And I love. love, love wool. I'm currently looking at getting some longies for fall/winter.

Synchro, what kind of swaddlebess are the M fitteds? I might be willing to take some off your hands : .

And I still have a few FBs in size small (up to 18 lbs. or so) that are just not selling right now, if anyone is interested.

In other baby-related news, Iris ate ALL night long last night. Literally. I think she must have gained a pound since yesterday, because she was like a little piggy vacuum cleaner. Growth spurt, anyone?

treehugger.gif

User Tag List