May 2007 Moms ITS SEPTEMBER - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 400 Old 09-28-2007, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am a little intimidated by computers, but i had heard through a friend that this was a great forum to be involved in. sorry if i seem a little ignorant of the etiquette. i don't have many friends with children who live nearby so this is nice.
#362 of 400 Old 09-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
So does anyone else's DH like to play really "rough" with baby?? Claire absolutely loves it, squealing and shrieking and doing her "up arms" gesture whenever he's even near her --but sometimes i just can't watch! DH picks her up and spins with her, lets her "fall" and then kinda "tosses" her up in the air--i'm going "OMG he's gonna hurt her/scare her" but she apparently has no such reservations I'm probably being uptight. Just tell me.
Prolific Poster asked me to swing by and reassure you...

Yeah, you're just uptight.

That's dad-play and kids LOVE it. THe kids know there is a balance, from mum they get loving and nurturing etc, and from dad they get loving and horseplay. It's where kids learn to fall down and NOT cry, to jump off of the playset, to hang upside down from tree limbs etc.

It's perfectly natural. Our May baby loves rough play when she's not tired or teething...
#363 of 400 Old 09-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Hi everyone!

Is it too late for me to join you? I have a dd, born 5/6/07 (we were excited to have a Cinco de Mayo baby, but it was not to be).

I've been visiting around these forums just recently, but only found this one. Unfortunately, dd never naps or sleeps--and how does she wake up so happy when I'm so grumpy?--so it's relatively rare for me to have time to post.

I met a bf'ing mom today while dd and I were out buying a b'day present for a cousin. This is only the second bf'ing mom I know in my area. I have lovely friends who love their children, but dh and I feel pretty isolated in our parenting practices in this part of the country (NJ). So it's nice to meet all of you! We're not crazy, after all!

Mommy to DD 5-07
#364 of 400 Old 09-28-2007, 02:39 PM

DD plays rough with DS, too and he LOVES it.

DS only rolls from back to tummy as well. Perhaps once or twice from tummy to back?

He'll be 5 months next Tuesday (May 2) and weighs about 17 lbs and 26"+ - was 7 lbs 10 oz and 10.5" at birth (38 wks). Doubled his weight before 4 months.

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#365 of 400 Old 09-28-2007, 02:47 PM

Mine too on the doubling before 4 months. Clay was born 9'8 and weighed in yesterday at his 4 month well babby visit as a whopog 20'3! The doctor said; "that's a whole lotta baby" (and he is french so it sounds funny)

Welcome to all the new moms, great to have you join our May-babylove-fest

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#366 of 400 Old 09-28-2007, 03:17 PM

dh is super rough & tumble with the girls but not so much with ezra yet. our sweet dd's, though....they give little ez a run for his money!? dd1 (4 yrs old) has decided she can carry him. ummmm.....please don't. she loves to hold his fingers & let him stand, which he loves, but occasionally she puts him down a bit too hard. konk!

here's another great shot i got of ezra sitting up yesterday...

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/100_1541.jpg

yesterday i sat him up with pillows surrounding him & was able to start cooking dinner while he played with a few toys. ahhhh...entering a new era. and he took a 2 hr nap yesterday morning!!!

welcome, tinymama! it's never to late to join us.

stephanie asl.gif

#367 of 400 Old 09-28-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyMama View Post
Is it too late for me to join you? I have a dd, born 5/6/07 (we were excited to have a Cinco de Mayo baby, but it was not to be).
It's never too late! The more the merrier in these parts! I think 050607 is a neat birthday to have. My DD was a Cinco de Mayo baby, and a good thing too, I have the WORST cravings for Mexican food when I was pregnant (and we are all of English/German decent, go figure).

DH plays rough with all the kids, it's what dads do. Dad in Blue is right, it helps to teach kids a balance. As mothers it is a very natural instinct to protect and nurture, but those instincts don't teach our kids to go forth and conquer! We provide them with life's emotional safety net and our husbands and partners show them how to take risks without getting hurt. (And sometimes they DO get hurt, but that just serves to teach them what NOT to do!)

Mine also doubled her weight by 4 months. I'm guessing the doubling by 6 months is a bottle-fed standard?

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#368 of 400 Old 09-28-2007, 10:58 PM

I am having a hard time not being super angry wit my dh right now. He rear-ended another driver today, while driving with our son (but not the baby). It was totally his fault (he admits he was messing with the cd player). I always give him a hard time for not paying enough attention and getting distracted and driving with one hand, etc. He always responds by laughing it off and assuring me that he's "got it". Well, he was the first to admit that I am right and he needs to re-evaluate his driving. He totally wa apologizing, totally mad at himself, ashamed that he did this, willing to give up having the cd player while he drives, etc. But still, I am having such a hard time not being mad.

Furthermore, he hit hard enough that my son says his head "when forward and then hit the back". My dh, after hitting the driver, immediately jumped out of the car and talked with the person, NEVER even checking to make sure our son was ok!!! He is, he is fine, but still.

So, I am breathing and working on releasing this anger.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#369 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 12:03 AM

~koru~ Super cute pic!
Welcome all new mamas to the may club.

Dh seems to be more gentle with dd then he was with ds... must be that boy thing . He does love to cuddle with her and dress her up :
I am just loving how much ds is getting involved with her. He does Karate so he loves for me to prop her up to watch him. He is also loving changing her diaper its super cute!!
Photo to show...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...ingdiaper2.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...gingDiaper.jpg
I cant wait tell shes up and chasing him around. He'll tell me about how hes going to teach her to walk, play football, and ride his quad

Here are some more recent pic's
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...ilesSept07.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...les2Sept07.jpg

Mommy to Two
#370 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Do you want to know how much I spent on DiaperSwapers last month?
I shouldn't tell :
Oh do tell, make us all feel better.

Mom of 3.
#371 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 01:14 AM

Wow - y'all have some huge stashes! I have a dozen infant DSQ prefolds, 18 thin prefolds (12 vintage curity ones from the 70s that were unopened in a box in my husband's grandma's basement!!!), and some assorted other inserts - flannel ones and some with suedecloth on one side. I have 6 covers I think, SIMPLYcovers. I have 6 Fuzzies trainers, and some assorted other EC Pants but I decided I'm running out of everything too fast so I just ordered 7 more snap side EC Pants.

I weighed Henry today - 20 pounds 2 ounces. He's lookin' good. I knew I would regret weighing him though because now I feel like he's really super heavy!

He's not sitting - he leans forward on both hands. I usually just put him down to roll and scoot around, though, so he doesn't get much sitting practice. I should sit with him more but if he's happy to be on the floor I usually run around trying to get stuff done.

Welcome to the new people! I was hoping for a 5/6/07 baby. Cinco de Mayo would've been cool too. Due date was 5/4 but he came on 5/2. It's amazing he's going to be five months old next week already!

Overall, I feel like we're in a great time. Henry's really super happy most of the time. Working on some teeth needing to chew on stuff sometimes, but not too bothered by them. Delia (big sister) does like to carry him around and roll around with him, but he loves every minute of it. She's pretty careful, except for the time she left him on the couch and he rolled off but I can't blame her because my husband did that once too! He does seem to be waking a little more often at night and is not sleeping as much during the day, except if I nap with him then he has these monster naps. Which means I get a monster nap, so how can I complain too much?!
#372 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
I am having a hard time not being super angry wit my dh right now. He rear-ended another driver today, while driving with our son (but not the baby). It was totally his fault (he admits he was messing with the cd player). I always give him a hard time for not paying enough attention and getting distracted and driving with one hand, etc. He always responds by laughing it off and assuring me that he's "got it". Well, he was the first to admit that I am right and he needs to re-evaluate his driving. He totally wa apologizing, totally mad at himself, ashamed that he did this, willing to give up having the cd player while he drives, etc. But still, I am having such a hard time not being mad.

Furthermore, he hit hard enough that my son says his head "when forward and then hit the back". My dh, after hitting the driver, immediately jumped out of the car and talked with the person, NEVER even checking to make sure our son was ok!!! He is, he is fine, but still.

So, I am breathing and working on releasing this anger.
Accidents happen, that's why they call them accidents.

I'll bet that if your kid was crying, your husband would have tended to him first. In a crisis, people automatically triage their responsibilities -- he very likely triaged his way to the other driver, knowing the boy was ok. And he was, right? So no harm done.

Being 'super angry' will do nothing but drive a wedge between you and cause friction. Get over it and never refer to it again. In a while, he'll be able to laugh about it, but for now, it's not a discuss-able subject.
#373 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadinblue View Post
Accidents happen, that's why they call them accidents.

I'll bet that if your kid was crying, your husband would have tended to him first. In a crisis, people automatically triage their responsibilities -- he very likely triaged his way to the other driver, knowing the boy was ok. And he was, right? So no harm done.

Being 'super angry' will do nothing but drive a wedge between you and cause friction. Get over it and never refer to it again. In a while, he'll be able to laugh about it, but for now, it's not a discuss-able subject.
I'm sorry but I feel the need to say that I think your comment here is judgmental and preachy. I think the Mama was just emoting. This DDC has always been a safe space for the members to freely express themselves without fear of being patronized or slammed. I notice that when we are looking for advice we tend to ask for it. When we just want to let off some steam, I notice there is always room here for that too.

I appreciate being able to vent my feelings here so that I can meet my life more clear headed. And I think it is entirely healthy and appropriate. "Getting over it and never speaking of it again" stinks of repression to me. IMO...

I might be reading this totally wrong and if I am I'm certainly sorry for that.

Grace Comes.

#374 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemommaof1 View Post
~koru~
I am just loving how much ds is getting involved with her. He does Karate so he loves for me to prop her up to watch him. He is also loving changing her diaper its super cute!!
Photo to show...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...ingdiaper2.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...gingDiaper.jpg
That pic is way cute! You can see the total concentration on his face, he's working so hard to get it right.

Quote:
That's awful! I'm sure he'll be ok, keep us updated.

--So, AF has returned I yelled "What?!" from the bathroom this morning and scared DH I wasn't expecting it at all, though it does explain why I've been so emotional/tired the past few days. I've forgotten how bad this
sucks
Can this make your lo more fussy than normal? It seems like I heard that somewhere. I've never been in this situation while BF before.
#375 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
Can this make your lo more fussy than normal? It seems like I heard that somewhere. I've never been in this situation while BF before.
Yes, my DD gets super cranky when I have PMS... is it the hormones or is she reacting to mommy's bad mood, I don't know, but I have heard others say the same, so I'm guessing mostly the hormones.

#376 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGroom View Post
Oh do tell, make us all feel better.

Over $700

:

Which, in all fairness, is what I would have spent in disposables in 9 months & I've already sold back $275 of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
--So, AF has returned I yelled "What?!" from the bathroom this morning and scared DH I wasn't expecting it at all, though it does explain why I've been so emotional/tired the past few days. I've forgotten how bad this
sucks
I totally laughed out loud at the "what?!" part
I've heard that your milk supply can dip in the post O/period phase and I imagine that could make a baby irritable.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#377 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Thanks Baraka - you spoke what I was feeling very well, as usual

Laura, we need a 12 step program for you honey! First you must admit that you are powerless against diaper swapper and surrender (all your stash to me)

All you menstrating mamas scare me! With ds I got 13 months with AF and I want that again! I have a lot more sex drive this time, though, which makes me think that I probably won't (perhaps this is not ture though, just a vague sense that horomones and sex drive and fertility must be connected).

We went to the Farmers Market this morning and ran into friends. My dh played volleyball with some friends at the park while I played with the boys. We went to organic juices at the local juice shop and saw my brother and neice on the way so we hung with them. It makes me sad to think about leaving this place. I am sending in a job application next week to move to Milwaukee. Long ways from here, although home in many regards.

#378 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Okay trying to play catch up. Spent the last few days from down under, sigh. Top it off Maggie has a cold oh and her awful stupid mother ate wheat last night, duh fried chicken from the deli so now she is super pukey on top of not being able to breath.

Hi to all the new moms.

MSAX cool about your diploma. How long did it take you to finish your PhD?

Okay I am not venturing into the diaper swap. I am not sure what I like....so we have used the proraps. I just bought a package deal of 5 bummis and 2 dozen diapers as Maggie had outgrown her other diapers. I do not plan on getting any more. Of course now the diaper is huge on her butt, she needs a t-shirt that says does this diaper make my butt look big,

Heidi
#379 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 07:23 PM

It's SNOWING here!

Not much new to report here.. got drunk for the first time in over a year.. I forgot that I am a light weight and drank 2 glasses of wine and woke up with a headache. And I went shopping for some new pants that fit since I've been in-between sizes forever now

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#380 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 09:08 PM

nak
Quote:
I am sending in a job application next week to move to Milwaukee. Long ways from here, although home in many regards.
I'm just south of Mke. Sorry you are leaving family & friends behind ... We dropped a lot of change on frames when DH graduated from law school (got one for his BA, too). And I would be feeling angry about the accident as well! Hope you are feeling a bit better (less angry) about it now.

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#381 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 11:49 PM

firemomma ~ adorable photos! i love the ones of your son putting on her diaper....priceless!

MSAX ~ i would be peeved at dh, too! thankfully everyone is safe. how's your son's neck feeling?

laura ~ i'm jealous of your diaperswapper spending!! you go, girl!

lizzyQ ~ snow?

reporting another milestone....

ezra has started leaning towards me when someone else is holding him & i put out my arms! what a great feeling!!! he actually did it to dh today, too. he's such a sweet little guy.

and another diaper story....i found some lovely WAHM-made AIOs on ebay the other day for a reasonable price. i contacted the woman directly to make me 6 of them & she gladly obliged. we emailed (through ebay) for a few weeks & all of a sudden ebay won't let me get in touch with her!? it says that i'm not involved in a transaction so it's a safety measure. i'm so bummed because i'm quite sure she can't get in touch with me now either. i know for certain that she was almost done with my order & i was trying to email her for her paypal addy. frustrating...........

stephanie asl.gif

#382 of 400 Old 09-29-2007, 11:56 PM

Ds is fine - he hardly remembers that it happened. We had a fun day and he was totally cool all day with no worries.

I am over being mad with dh. He is miserable anyhow, trying to quit coffee and really suffering from the caffiene withdrawl badly (flu-like symptoms).

#383 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 12:03 AM

Koru- there has been a lot of drama about an AIO maker from ebay on a few of my other boards- I hope that it's not the same person!

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#384 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemommaof1 View Post
Anyway just wondering what our other may babes are weighing in at??? I was surprised to see shes doubled her weight and put on 6 inches in height! Plus her head was 13 inches at birth and now its 16!
Well off to a early bedtime....
I'm way behind on posts - for some reason I get instant notifications for a couple of days, then it just decides not to for a couple of days, then all of a sudden tonight (with no help from me) I get notifications again - 3 in the last 30 minutes :P (now 4 just in the time I've been typing this).

Anyway, Sam is doing great. He figured out rolling can be used for travelling and now likes it a lot more. He also has started a nap schedule for himself, fortunately one of them is during my morning shift, though not during ALL of my morning shift, so I still end up naking usually twice. Makes for not-so-hot line count (transcription) but I make up for it during my evening shift - if I don't waste time catching up to certain threads

He was 13 lbs 12 oz and 26 inches at his 4 month check last week (really his 2 month, but I "accidentally" forgot to schedule the 2 month one, oops.) - and was 8 lbs. 4 oz. at birth, 21 inches?, so he still has 2.75 pounds to go before he doubles.

Okay, going back to work/will catch up to the last 2 pages of the thread.
#385 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 12:11 AM

It's been a few weeks since I weighed her, but Genevieve is at least 17 lbs. She was 6 lbs 12 oz at birth, so she's gained significantly. She's a little porker.

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#386 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 12:19 AM

My diaper stash consists of:

1/2 bag of Pampers Swaddlers, size 2 (preferred)
1/2 bag of Huggies (the cheaper kind), size 3
1/2 bag of Luvs, size 6
1/2 bag of White Cloud pullups for girls, size 4T
:
#387 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post

1/2 bag of Luvs, size 6
1/2 bag of White Cloud pullups, size 4T
:

#388 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:

1/2 bag of Luvs, size 6
:

I have a bag of Parent's Choice, size 2
And I have 8 AIOs that I made myself that DD promptly outgrew but she is still having to wear them sometimes, I just call her my little plumber.... I also have 15 prefolds (some made by me, some vintage from when I was a baby, some that just never made it back to the diaper service... maybe if they had bothered to count properly then I might have as well!) with two Bummis covers, one MotherEase that I don't like much (fits weird), and two Baby Soft Wraps. I made the CUTEST black/red brocade AIO for DD but she never even got to wear it before she outgrew it and it's a half-size smaller than the others so it really doesn't fit. Oh well, good practice right?

I have some PUL and a snap press on order. When I get it and get a pattern I like put together in a size 2 or bigger I'll send pics and if anyone wants me to make some you can let me know The PUL is actually just PU and I'm going to do cute outers with a PU floating layer, so they will be made-to-order! Pockets, covers, or AIOs.

#389 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:

1/2 bag of Luvs, size 6
:

My diaper stash:
5 Kushies ultra AIO's
2 Little G pants and a few G diapers
Misc size 2 and 3 Huggies/Pampers given to me
On the way---2 dozen PFs and 3 M thirsties covers
#390 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
And I have 8 AIOs that I made myself that DD promptly outgrew but she is still having to wear them sometimes, I just call her my little plumber....

yup we get carpenter's crack round here too...

Grace Comes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page