May 2007 Moms ITS SEPTEMBER - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post

yup we get carpenter's crack round here too...
But isn't it just the most adorable carpenter's crack ever??? Even on my 2 yo... we went to the airshow today and she was sitting on daddy's shoulders and her little crack was showing, it totally brought a smile to my face!

I just weighed Kylie, she's about 16 1/2 lbs. Gaining much slower than I expected, still a hefty girl, but she was born at 11 pounds...

I think we are getting teeth! Poor girl has been so sad and inconsolable for the past week. Then today as she was crying and refusing to latch on, I noticed two little white spots and the lightbulb went on...teeth! Poor thing, no wonder. Katelynn didn't cut her first tooth until a few days after her first birthday so I wasn't really expecting teeth this soon for Kylie.

She's also starting to make some awfully cute sounds. like Dadadada and yayayaya and she's laughing, OMG, it's the best sound in the world, hearing your little one laugh!

We are moving on Oct 10th. I'm so excited. We have major mold issues in our current place and it's really been doing a number on the health of the entire family. We're moving about 15 miles away, to a house that has a washer and dryer and an unobstructed view of the entire Monterey Bay!! I'm so excited to finally have my own washer and dryer again! Can I tell you how hard it is to wash diapers in a coin-op machine?? Almost impossible. We've been using about half cloth and half sposies, because it's been so hard to keep up with the laundry. But now, I'll have my own machine and I can wash diapers all darn day if I wanted to...which of course I don't, but just the idea that I could is so nice. And the area where we will be living is sooooo nice with so many families and parks and child friendly places all within walking distance. SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! Okay, enough with my novel!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#392 of 400 Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 PM

OK, I'm a little slow I admit it!
Is it too late to join?
My May Babe was born on mothers day
Her name is Zoe May -- May is my grandmothers middle AND my mothers even though they were both born on July 6th! (why moms named after her ma). Just cool that she a May babe too.
#393 of 400 Old 10-01-2007, 12:03 AM

Nope- it's not too late to join! This thread moves fast, just a warning!

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#394 of 400 Old 10-01-2007, 01:27 AM

We got a doshwasher tonight - it is my new best friend. I did one load and I am in love. Someone on Craigslist was getting rid of it and my borther went and got it for us. I loaded it up within minutes of arrival!

I hear you Jenn on cloth diapers and no washer/dryer - I have to go out of hear and into another building down the block basically and use the shared laundry room for these apartment buildings. Dh does it a lot, which rocks. With ds1 we had to bring them 4 blocks for the first year and we used some sposies with him (about a quarter of the time). This time we have used none so far and I want to keep it that way because (I think it was Emily who said this), they are so sctive. I know if I started with some sposies I would likely continue.

I am excited for your move!

Welcome all he new mamas of May babies! It's never too late to join us!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#395 of 400 Old 10-01-2007, 03:03 AM

Yes - sposies are SO addictive. I am sorry I ever even tried them. I didn't with my first kid and it never even crossed my mind. But I did this time and ugh, now I contemplate buying some kind of often. The longer I resist the easier it will get though. And it will help if I have more cloth so I'm not running out and *having* to do diaper laundry because we're out of diapers. It also doesn't help that we're having lots more misses with EC this time around. I think it's second baby syndrome - I just am not as attentive. Plus, he's already so active and wants to hang out on the floor much more so that's part of it. And we're out and about a lot more for longer days, those are the times I think ugh, sposies would be nice right now! But, it helps to just be prepared. We're going to be out of the house all day tomorrow so I did laundry and I have the diaper bag all packed, plus an auxilliary bag that will stay in the car for backup stash - that will definitely help me not buy a pack of sposies.

Henry is going to get another tooth any day I'm sure. He's chomping hard core on everything, and is cranky anyway. And he crawled a little bit today on his hands and knees. Someone needs to tell him to just relax for a few more months!!!
#396 of 400 Old 10-01-2007, 03:35 AM

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around in a looooooooonnnnnnggggg time. Things around here have been pretty hard. I finally took a deep look into why I was acting so weird and finally realized that I've been dealing w/ some pretty tough depression. I've started taking some herbs to help (if anyone has any that work PLEASE share) they are kinda helping a little bit but I'm not sure how much. I really don't want to go to the dr and get on their meds even though DH thinks maybe I need too but I"m just not sure. I may start to see a counselor but I'm not sure about that either.

I'm going to try to catch up w/ everyone very soon and try to be better about staying in touch b/c I know it will help me.

The bright light is that Elise is doing very very well. She is such a fat and happy baby. She just started rolling over today and it was very cute. She was not so sure about it at first but then after a few times she would crack up. We were all laughing at her. She is now about 17lbs at 5mths old (she was 6lbs 4oz at birth). She has the cutest little laugh.

Didn't mean this to be a book but I wanted to say hi and tell y'all why I haven't been around.
#397 of 400 Old 10-01-2007, 09:56 AM

I didn't even mention my sposie stash I use them nightly. One for the toddler, three for the baby.
Emily, the lots of misses & the being out and about more were what killed EC/cloth diapering for Seamus and I. I always feel badly about that. I wish I had been more. . .whatever the word is for "keeping up with EC".
Right now I'm keeping my sposie use in check by imagining that I have to put a quarter in a machine to get out the diaper before I use it.

EagleV-Congrats on the move! It sounds AWESOME!

MSAX-- I couldn't function without a dishwasher now.

Ewins-- Taking like 4 B-complex vitamins a day + more water helped me when I was having a really hard time. I don't know if what I was experiencing was clinical PPD or not though.

Kristen-- What does PUL stand for exactly? Is polyurethane a plastic? OH and I have another question. I remember that you got a washmachine with a plastic tub & I ended up going that route too. I had a metal tub before. This one has a LOT LESS holes in the tub. I imagine metal tubs are stronger & can have more holes without affecting durability. Anyway, do you think the plastic tubs leave more water in the clothing? It seems like everything takes a lot longer to dry now. I guess that could be that the tub also is bigger so I'm doing bigger loads now

Oh--and about this neck cheese issue. After Mickey puked in bed AGAIN & after I cleaned him up I was playing with him when I saw a stray curd squished in his neck fat. This is when I realized that neck cheese MAY ACTUALLY BE REAL CHEESE made from REAL MILK! I wonder how it tastes. . .

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#398 of 400 Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A new thread has been started http://www.mothering.com/discussions...90#post9316790

Heidi
#399 of 400 Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Oh--and about this neck cheese issue. After Mickey puked in bed AGAIN & after I cleaned him up I was playing with him when I saw a stray curd squished in his neck fat. This is when I realized that neck cheese MAY ACTUALLY BE REAL CHEESE made from REAL MILK! I wonder how it tastes. . .

oh my goodness ya'll keep me laughing!

I got my moon this morning. It's so wild to see it when it's been over a year... what has it been... 14-15 months??

So I know a few of the other Mamas have also had AF return... how's your milk supply and everything else? I need some reassurance and big sisterly wisdom here

Grace Comes.

#400 of 400 Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post

oh my goodness ya'll keep me laughing!

I got my moon this morning. It's so wild to see it when it's been over a year... what has it been... 14-15 months??

So I know a few of the other Mamas have also had AF return... how's your milk supply and everything else? I need some reassurance and big sisterly wisdom here
I am quoting this over to the new thread!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page