May 2007 Moms ITS SEPTEMBER - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOBetz View Post
Won't have a problem there, so it looks 99% certain that in October, DH is going to be starting the fire academy. Yay!

Except, 16-20 weeks of 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. M-F training. Did I mention that he'll have to stay 100 miles away during this time? : I'm trying not to freak out about it just yet. Its still 6 weeks away right?

Congratulations.

Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOBetz View Post
How is everyone doing on the weight loss/exercise? I was having some problems (mostly with chocolate) but I've got DH on board and we are definitely on the upside, supporting each other with eating well.

In other news...I posted a while back that DH had gone for a psych test for the Clark County Fire Department - well he's passed that and moving onto the physical/drug test Friday. Won't have a problem there, so it looks 99% certain that in October, DH is going to be starting the fire academy. Yay!

Except, 16-20 weeks of 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. M-F training. Did I mention that he'll have to stay 100 miles away during this time? : I'm trying not to freak out about it just yet. Its still 6 weeks away right?
Weight loss - I have no idea but my jeans aren't tight any more so I have either become a little more fit or lost a bit of weight.... I don't have a scale and hate to obsess, it's an issue. BUT, I noticed a few weeks ago that I have a distinct and curvy waist again! Yay!!

Exercise - well, I get out walking when DH is working, DD and the : and I go for a walk after dinner most nights. And starting next week DD and I are doing mom & baby yoga once a week and a mommy and me land & water exercise class another day a week!

And VOBetz, my DH just went through similar intense training, it's both mental and physical and I know that he was absolutely freaked about going back to school after all the years NOT in school. The physical training left him physically exhausted and the schoolwork left him mentally exhausted and he had homework and studying most nights and weekends. It was hard for us all to get through it (he started back in school when DD was 4 weeks and finished three weeks ago) but it was SO worth it for all of us. It was tough essentially being a single mom but just remember that it is only a few weeks. You can do it!! (and if he's gotten this far, he will probably get it, they don't spend all that money recruiting people to say Nah, never mind)

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#63 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydee View Post
Did you see my thread about whether or not 3 month olds can talk? Avery has been doing this for about a month and I swear she is trying to say my name.
i believe you! raven def. mimicks "hiiii" and has for a long time, and i think she also tries calling my name, "amy" when i'm not paying enough attention to her when she's in her swing and i'm on the computer. if i ignore her calling "amy" (don't pick her up) she starts yelling, "ahhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh" and if i still don't pick her up she cries. that;s sad but the first paret is cute.
#64 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 02:10 PM

Ugh.. I had the worst day yesterday! I think I got food poisoning and I was sick all day, all alone (until the evening when my mom came over). I am still a little sick, but not near as bad as yesterday, I slept and threw up most of the day. I never get sick, so I was freaking out about being preggo again! But, then I realized that I didn't have diarrhea with morning sickness (sorry, TMI).

Weight loss- I don't have a scale, but I have one pair of PP jeans that I've been wearing. I have most of my PP clothes packed away, and have gotten used to my limited selection of clothes. None of my PP shirts fit still, my boobs are too big!

Exercise- Only when I take the dog for a walk... I haven't really been exercising all that much. I would like to start toning my tummy again.

Hair- I also cut a bunch of hair off- about 6-7 inches. It was all the way to my butt, now it is about 3/4 down my back. I haven't noticed a lot of hair loss, but I got the same amount of hair loss when I was PG too. So, it hasn't changed at all.

Ya'll have been pretty chatty! I know I missed a lot.. I love all the baby pics! I keep Sebastian's photo blog updated as often as a take photos. It is the link in my signature. There is a pic in there of MIL with Sebastian in the baby bjorn.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#65 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGroom View Post
wow, I am so proud of all you CD mamam's. We are doing 7th G disposables. I had every intention on cd but in the end it didn't happen.

My DH took my dd, 2 1/2, out to lunch over the weeked so I could get in a good nap with hudson. When they got back I asked how it went and he said "great except for all the evil looks we got." My amazing AP daughter stopped eating her lunch and pulled down her shirt so she could nurse her baby doll: . When I asked what he did after getting all the evil stares he said " I told her she was doing a great job taking care of her baby" I love my Family.
my dd1 did this this the other day! we were having dinner with my entire family & when we were all finished eating, dd1 decided her baby doll was hungry. she whipped up her shirt, put her on the boob & just looked around without missing a beat of the conversation. it actually made my sweet sister cry. of course, i started crying then & everyone was like, "what's going on? why are you two crying? what happened?" it was comical & touching & ridiculous all at the same time.

stephanie asl.gif

#66 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Ugh.. I had the worst day yesterday! I think I got food poisoning and I was sick all day, all alone (until the evening when my mom came over). I am still a little sick, but not near as bad as yesterday, I slept and threw up most of the day. I never get sick, so I was freaking out about being preggo again! But, then I realized that I didn't have diarrhea with morning sickness (sorry, TMI).
Yuck! I got that about a month ago and it was hard. I'm glad it didn't last long.

I think I've hit a wall with the weight loss. I can't get rid of the last few pounds. My PP jeans are fitting again though. I have the same problem with none of my shirts fitting, it's those BF boobs, which I don't mind much. If I could just lose my belly fat...
#67 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 06:00 PM

I tried on my prepregnancy pants today and they finally fit me. I am still about 11 lbs over my weight. I am happy about where I'm at. I just need to tone my stomach now. I haven't been doing much excercise, except walking. I want to lose the belly fat!
#68 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 06:49 PM

I so desperately want to participate more in this thread, but I am crazy busy lately, not to mention sleep-deprived.

I want to second (third? fourth?) the hair-cut recommendation. I cut nine inches of a few weeks ago and I don't regret it at all even though I haven't had hair this short for over a decade. I feel more feminine not having my hair pulled back into a ponytail all the time.

Livy is sleeping poorly lately. I think that since she was born on May 30th, I'm experiencing things a bit later than the rest of you. It's kind of nice to know what I'm in for, but I keep thinking things like, "hey, why isn't Livy rolling over yet?" when the truth is she will be in a matter of weeks. So how the heck long does this three month growth spurt last?! I'm tired, my boobies are tired, and my 2.5yo is tired of being cooped cuz we can't leave the house for long because I don't feel like nursing in public every hour! Oh and, is the popping on and off of the breast a growthspurt thing, too? It's like she's saying, "Is this thing ON?!"

The highlight of my month was that Livy laughed for the first time over the weekend. She was watching her big brother play on the playground equipment when she let out this girly little giggle. My DH and I both said, "She laughed!" and then she did it one more time and she hasn't done it since. 'Course that isn't going to stop me from trying to make her laugh.
#69 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 08:03 PM

Yay! I just got home from my hair cut! I haven't worn my hair down in MONTHS, but today it is

Munchkimo: yes, the popping on and off the boob is totally related to the three month growth spurt and it seems to last three months!!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#70 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 PM

Oh Mamas! I love to hear what's going on with everyone...

Something must be in the air cuz I also just cut my hair. It's still long but I did get about 5 inches off- I feel so much better!

Tomorrow we leave for Vermont and my graduation. I can't believe it. I am here writing out thank you letters to my professors and feeling very sentimental. It's over. wow.

On the weight loss front, I have been following Eat to Live and thankfully loosing some poundage. I have lost 5 lbs so far this past 2 weeks and still have about 10-15 still to go to get to pp weight. Come join us in the fitness forum if you need a little hard core motivation...

Akasha is getting so chunky it amazing!! and she is getting much more independent. She will cry to be let go of and have time alone on a blanket... anyone else have kiddos like this?? I mean she is very cuddly but also wants her space. (heh kinda like her Mama)...

Next time I check in I will have a Master's degree... whoohoo......

Grace Comes.

#71 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 10:29 PM

weightloss--pshh don't make me cry! My dear friend gave me a couple of things from her closet-cleanout, and if i didn't have those things, i'd have exactly one pair of jeans that fit right now--and they are my + + jeans, yk, the ones that are two sizes above my personal opinion of sexy I did find two totally rockin' nursing bras at target today--exactly half the price of the plain jane frump-o bras i was considering buying online. (i had one bra left, that was getting annoying )

exercise, another lost cause around here. i have all these exercise vids, but they're not working. you think i should actually unwrap them??

hair--my dp cut mine about 2 months ago--my hair had gotten reeeely long, so it was still past shoulher length after the trim, but he seriously had to take like 8 inches off to make it even. i cried like a little kid! but it looks great, it was actually just the shock of having volume to my hair again

nak-ing constantly dinner's almost done, will write more later

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#72 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 10:49 PM

There is definitely something in the air, I cut about 4-5 inches off mine a couple weeks ago. I'm now joining the baby won't sleep club. He's eating more often too.
#73 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 11:14 PM

funny about everyone's hair chopping. after dd1 & dd2 i cut my hair super short (from super long). now that ezra is 3 months old i'm starting to grow mine out again b/c i miss the long locks! something about short hair makes me feel older. is that odd? it seems like it should be the other way around. who knows!?

ezra drools constantly! what's with that? simone & kaiya definitely were not drool mongers so this is new to me. he wore only a diaper all day today (no clothes) & he's actually getting a little rash on his chest from all the saliva. yikes.

stephanie asl.gif

#74 of 400 Old 09-05-2007, 11:17 PM

baraka, enjoy your graduation!!!

ashley, i keep meaning to tell you that i find myself calling ezra "munchkimo" all the time & i wonder if it subconsciously seeped into my vocabulary b/c of your user name.

and yay for all of you fitting into your pre-preggo clothes. i'm not near there yet but i feel pretty good about my body. it's a slow process this go-round & i'm trying not to freak out about it. get back to me in a month, though, when the weather starts cooling off & i need to wear pants. eek.

stephanie asl.gif

#75 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:

Weight loss- I don't have a scale, but I have one pair of PP jeans that I've been wearing. I have most of my PP clothes packed away, and have gotten used to my limited selection of clothes. None of my PP shirts fit still, my boobs are too big!

Exercise- Only when I take the dog for a walk... I haven't really been exercising all that much. I would like to start toning my tummy again.

Hair- I also cut a bunch of hair off- about 6-7 inches. It was all the way to my butt, now it is about 3/4 down my back. I haven't noticed a lot of hair loss, but I got the same amount of hair loss when I was PG too. So, it hasn't changed at all.

Ya'll have been pretty chatty! I know I missed a lot.. I love all the baby pics! I keep Sebastian's photo blog updated as often as a take photos. It is the link in my signature. There is a pic in there of MIL with Sebastian in the baby bjorn.
Oh that sucks! You know, I really worry about getting sick with the baby and Zoe running around, I don't know how you got through it. Poor thing . But I'm glad you're feeling better.

Weight loss? Well, somehow, I got lucky this time and lost all of my baby weight from dd1 as well as dd2 and am ahead of the game as far as I can see. I would like to work out more but I really haven't had time, but I walk a lot when I am waiting tables so hopefully that combined with nursing will keep the weight off. You know, this is the best I have felt about my body in 5 years, and it feels pretty good.

I really think I am going to chop off my hair soon! You guys have definitely planted the seed.

And the drooling? Probably a little pre-teething. Can you believe our little people are going to have teeth soon! Where does the time go?!

I mentioned conversationally the other day to dh that I want a third kid in a couple years and he was less than enthused. I don't get it. When I got pregnant each time he was not that happy about it, but then as my pregnancies progress he gets excited. And he definitely loves the end result. But whenever we have talked about having more than one kid (which we obviously now have) he is kind of against having more. But I know I want more! I practically twisted his arm for the second, I am probably going to have to slip rufies in his beer or put a gun to his head for a third. I don't understand why he gets all antsy when I know that he loves when we do have a new little person? Is anyone else's husband like this?
#76 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
There is definitely something in the air, I cut about 4-5 inches off mine a couple weeks ago. I'm now joining the baby won't sleep club. He's eating more often too.
Wow! I haven't chimed in here for ages...Hi, I'm Nicole, mom to Esther .
And I chopped my hair too, last week! Over 6" and its still long (altho the curls are much tighter it not being so heavy.)
Wieght loss...wow, you all are doing awesome! I REALLY want to be back in shape by Thanksgiving --and it is coming off, but there's no way I'm fitting into my "perfect" size yet...what's the secret? :
Exercise--does chasing my naughty goats count? They found a weak spot in the fence and kept escaping.
Esther is such a happy, easy going babe. I'm attributing much of that to bwing and our HB. She is laughing-big jolly chuckles and is 17 1/2 lbs...quite the chunk. She's into 6-9 mos clothes and oh, the rolls! And, speaking of rolls, she is rolling from back to front now, but hates being on her belly, so cries. Her umbelical hernia has healed completely--one day, it just wasn't there and she had an "innie". YAY!
We are adjusting to three, but some days are rough and laundry is outta control.
Her older sis evidently has some food sensitivities (come to find out it wasn't all transitioning to the new babe). That's been slightly overwhelming. Well, just wanted to chime in! Hopefully, I'll be able to get in here more often!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#77 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 01:19 AM

Hi Again

DS went to his checkup and weighed in at 13 1/2 pounds!! I'm so pleased, since he was 4 pounds when he was born and slipped down to 3 pounds while in the NICU. In all, he's put on just over ten pounds!! The doctor says he's very happy with his progression. Whoopee!!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#78 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklett View Post
Hi Again

DS went to his checkup and weighed in at 13 1/2 pounds!! I'm so pleased, since he was 4 pounds when he was born and slipped down to 3 pounds while in the NICU. In all, he's put on just over ten pounds!! The doctor says he's very happy with his progression. Whoopee!!
That's really great, Sparklett!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#79 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 01:58 AM

Quote:
I practically twisted his arm for the second, I am probably going to have to slip rufies in his beer or put a gun to his head for a third.
Aaaaahhh, romance...:

I can't even think about a second at this point. Heck, I can't even think. Sleep deprivation is so debilitating! : Congrats to baraka for the Master's!! Such a great accomplishment, I remember walking across the stage to get mine and having it feel oh so surreal...

Hannah is out and out giggling now whenever I pretend to chew her neck with accompanying snorting noises. I LOVE it. And her. Like crazy...have a good sleepfilled night everyone! (Oh, one can dream...)
#80 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 02:23 AM

My little one is 14 weeks old. She is 14.5lbs and approx. 25 inches long. She has been wearing 3-6 month size clothing since she was 2 months. LOL. She can stand on my lap while holding onto my hands, she's held her head up and could sit with me holding her since 6 weeks. She has a head full of messy hair that is threatening to be curly. She laughs and giggles and has been doing that since 8 weeks. She can sit up all by herself since a couple of weeks ago and she can roll over and has been since 12 weeks. It's adorable. She's had her first two teeth on the bottom since 8 weeks. They are so cute.
#81 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydee View Post
Did you see my thread about whether or not 3 month olds can talk? Avery has been doing this for about a month and I swear she is trying to say my name.
I did not see your thread about Avery trying to talk, sorry I missed it. That is so cute that she is trying to say something. Do you think in a few years we will be the ones posting how do I get my lo to be quiet, lol.

Maggie has been very verbal since day one. Not your normal coos babies do but it actually sounds like she is carrying on a conversation with you. Not just with me but with strangers in the grocery store etc. We have had several people comment about this.

Its funny, she now says Mamma all the time and she sees her dad now and says "hey". I am laughing at dh because this is my first child that said mamma first before dadda and the fact that she calls her dad "hey" (he always says HEY instead of hi). I guess its better then our friend's baby. Her dad works long hours and is always gone. He always has on a baseball hat so she calls him "hat".

Heidi
#82 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ugh.. I had the worst day yesterday! I think I got food poisoning and I was sick all day, all alone (until the evening when my mom came over).
hope you are feeling better.

Heidi
#83 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklett View Post
Hi Again

that is wonderful.

Heidi
#84 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
exercise, another lost cause around here. i have all these exercise vids, but they're not working. you think i should actually unwrap them??
wouldn't even the act of unwrapping the videos be considered exercise? Somthing to ponder.

Heidi
#85 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 04:49 PM

you guys are funny
#86 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 PM

How are night times going for your little monkeys? I feel like ours have gotten so much worse. I think Berkley prefers to sleep in his bassinette next to the bed, but I usually fall asleep while nursing and then he fidgets and fusses next to me all night long. I remember when he was about 6 weeks old, I would nurse him twice at night, but now it seems like it's 4 or 5 times. I'm wondering if this is just a regular phase that all babies go through.

We seem to have some toothy action going on too. I guess that's probably causing the night time stuff actually.

He's also pushing his butt up in the air when he lays on his tummy. It seems like he could be pushing up his chest within a month! Very exciting.
#87 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
Akasha is getting so chunky it amazing!! and she is getting much more independent. She will cry to be let go of and have time alone on a blanket... anyone else have kiddos like this?? I mean she is very cuddly but also wants her space. (heh kinda like her Mama)...
Berkley is a lot like that. I'll think he needs to go to sleep and spend AGES trying to put him to sleep, then finally lay him on the couch to give my arms a break and Boom! He's giggling, playing with his feet, rolling over... my first baby was NOT like that! It's such a shock to have a baby who consoles himself and prefers to check stuff out on his own agenda.
#88 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_plus_one View Post

He's also pushing his butt up in the air when he lays on his tummy. It seems like he could be pushing up his chest within a month! Very exciting.
ezra is doing this, too! it looks like he's going to take off crawling!?

stephanie asl.gif

#89 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
I am not sure if I said this before but I LOVE I mean LOVE my ergo. We tried everything else on the planet but most Maggie would just scream in because of her GERDS. The only thing that worked was the bjorn which I hated (too much preasure on my shoulders) but at least I could buy groceries.

Anyway as I was just at the point that I would always have a messy house and would hold Maggie forever when I tried my friend's ergo and fell in love. They are pricey but for us it was so worth it.
How do you carry her in the ergo? Legs out? facing you? is she comfortable like that? I have been looking at getting one, but I keep wondering if maybe he's not big enough for it yet?
#90 of 400 Old 09-06-2007, 09:31 PM

ok i just have to drop in and brag Claire can scoot herself about a foot forward in 5 min now, on her belly she's been doing the butt-up thing for a week or two now. still hasn't rolled over with purpose tho I'm always so excited to see them getting more mobile!

we made the mistake of trying to bum around in hobby lobby today, but claire didn't like the heat and decided to be loud and cranky to the point of sending us home

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page