May 2007 Moms ITS SEPTEMBER - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can you believe it’s September already? Are little bundles are or going to be 4 months old this month. Boy time flies.

How is everyone doing?

My little angel in the last few weeks has stopped sleeping as long as she was. She sleeps maybe 4 hours at a stretch and then thinks there is a nightly buffet the rest of the night.

What size clothes is everyone's babies are wearing?

Can you beleive we are still in some newborns even though we are now a little over 13 pounds, but Maggie is short.

Heidi
#2 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep - 4 months - I can't believe it. Its going by so fast!

OK, I've got some catching up to do from our August thread.

Hair: uh, yeah. Eewww. I hate it. DH was picking hair off my shirt the other night and I said something - yeah, thanks Emma. He was confused so I explained that having babies truly made your hair fall out. He was dumbfounded about that one. It was pretty funny.

But yeah, I did cut about 12 inches off two weeks ago, so what I'm losing isn't getting wrapped up into Emma's hands or toes. It was long, and now its jaw/chin length. I'm happy with it shorter.

Umm, bumbos - I bought one when DS was 4 months and Emma digs it. She likes to sit in it when DS and I are playing on the floor. DS only used it for about 3 months. He started sitting by himself after using it for about 4 weeks, but I kept putting him in it because he would still fall over. Then at about 7 months, he learned how to get out of it. Not good, he'd fall. So it went into storage for Emma. Anyway - she does like it. But they *can* get out of them - so be careful if you are putting them on a counter.

Diapers - We use prefolds and bsww primarily (for both kiddos). But I just bought 6 way cute covers for Emma from babyblossomdesigns.com I love 'em. I'm thinking of trying to sew my own covers too.

What else? Sleeping - oh yeah, I guess you can add Emma to the list of those that stopped sleeping through the night. Oh well. At least I was able to sleep for a while. She still does sleep through some nights, but usually wakes up 1-2 times. I'm truly not complaining.

Hmm, I think that's about it.

Welcome to September May Mommas!

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#3 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 02:24 PM

Yup, Avery stopped sleeping at night too. Maybe it was just too good to be true that my baby would actually sleep for 7+ hour stretches. Now she gets up every 3 hours to eat, must be a growth spurt. her belly is getting so chubby she looks like she has cellulite!

I went back to work last week, and it broke my heart. But really, it is only 3 days a week for about 6 hours at a time. It is such a PITA to get all of this baby crap together (bottles, extra clothes, etc.) and out the door! I think that is the most stressful thing about working. Avery has been giving everyone a really hard time about taking a bottle, but the last couple nights she seems to be resigning herself to the fact that the boobies are just not available when I'm not around.

I have to pick up a nice wool cover because peanut is a little pee factory and she is leaking through all her covers at night.

Milestones, anyone? On Monday Avery rolled over onto her belly but I missed it (working ). She also discovered her voice and loves to yell for fun. I think she surprises herself.

Oh, and the hair thing? Yuck! I am so sick of shedding! When does it end?
#4 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

honeydee sorry about having to go back to work and missing dd roll over. That must be hard. Will dd take a sippy cup? Maggie has issues with GERDS, she gets cream of rice cereal or oatmeal on really bad days to help with the projectile vomiting. We always do a sippy of water at the same time. About 3 weeks ago she finally got really good hang of using the sippy cup which I am thankful for. She has issues with her one medication with really bad constipation. We found water helps a lot even though I am 100% breastfeeding (one less medication we have to give her) anyway I much prefer she gets her water in a cup then a bottle.

We are debating if Maggie is actually giving kisses or not. She does does this thing on your cheek when you first pick her to all of us. Its like she is trying to give a kiss and not nurse.

Heidi
#5 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOBetz View Post
Diapers - We use prefolds and bsww primarily (for both kiddos). But I just bought 6 way cute covers for Emma from babyblossomdesigns.com I love 'em. I'm thinking of trying to sew my own covers too.
What is bsww?

We use proraps and chinese prefolds. I need to get new ones as those are almost too small for Maggie but I am confused about the choices out there and which one will work for us.

Heidi
#6 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
What is bsww?

We use proraps and chinese prefolds. I need to get new ones as those are almost too small for Maggie but I am confused about the choices out there and which one will work for us.
Oh, I think bsww is Bummis whisper Wraps.
#7 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 04:34 PM

I thought I was alone... DD stopped sleeping through the night a couple of weeks ago...must be a growth spurt, she is almost 15 lbs now. She rolled over onto her belly at the end of July, but she just now the other day rolled back to her back.

She is also constantly yelling and shreiking when she gets excited.

We just started using FBs about a month ago. I love them!!! No more wet mornings!!

Time is going by so fast!!

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
#8 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 05:13 PM

Hello mamas!!
I just cant believe how the time if flying by. Ashlyn is 3.5 months now. I notice all you ladies talking about them rolling over but ash still hasnt... nor laughed. I guess shes just taking her sweet time! She does lover her hands right now! They are always on her mouth! She also is loving her mobile and the mirror over her changing table. Things seem to be getting easier... we did have the 3 month spurt where she was nursing all the time and sleeping less at a time but I think were on the other side now. She does have a slight cold right now but nothing to bad... just a stuffy nose and a watery eye. Even after one day it seems to be better.
Anyway I did order a nice ring sling so I cant wait to try it I am borrowing my sil hotsling but its fleece and with weather in the 90's its a tad warm. I am slightly looking forward to the fall days of sweater wearing and cute longies!

This is Ash today enjoying her hands...

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...h3.5Months.jpg

And getting mommy milk

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...Ash13weeks.jpg

Mommy to Two
#9 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Can you believe it’s September already? Are little bundles are or going to be 4 months old this month. Boy time flies.

How is everyone doing?

My little angel in the last few weeks has stopped sleeping as long as she was. She sleeps maybe 4 hours at a stretch and then thinks there is a nightly buffet the rest of the night.

Can you beleive we are still in some newborns even though we are now a little over 13 pounds, but Maggie is short.
DS is in the last stretches of his 0-3m but the 3-6 is waaay too big! Exept for some select bodysuits thaat are 3-6 and gerber onsies are 6-9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemommaof1 View Post
Hello mamas!!
I just cant believe how the time if flying by. Ashlyn is 3.5 months now. I notice all you ladies talking about them rolling over but ash still hasnt... nor laughed. I guess shes just taking her sweet time! She does lover her hands right now! They are always on her mouth! She also is loving her mobile and the mirror over her changing table. Things seem to be getting easier... we did have the 3 month spurt where she was nursing all the time and sleeping less at a time but I think were on the other side now. She does have a slight cold right now but nothing to bad... just a stuffy nose and a watery eye. Even after one day it seems to be better.
Anyway I did order a nice ring sling so I cant wait to try it I am borrowing my sil hotsling but its fleece and with weather in the 90's its a tad warm. I am slightly looking forward to the fall days of sweater wearing and cute longies!

This is Ash today enjoying her hands...

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...h3.5Months.jpg

And getting mommy milk

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...Ash13weeks.jpg
When My boy was born as soon as he was out he's been sucking his hands! It's so cute.

Love the pics!

---

I finally went and bought glass bottles today. They have some at babiesRus. Hopefully he will take them OK. He has been using Soothies when I am at school, but I've been feeling guilty with all that plastic, so I hope he'll do OK with the different nipple.

School is going good so far. He's been staying with my MIL during class and does so well for her! She loves taking him out in the baby bjorn with the dog to the park. And, I got an A on my first essay for my writing class!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#10 of 400 Old 09-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Ok, my little one is standing here wearing 12 month clothing.... I must make steroids in my milk!: and yes, standing, holding onto my thumb and trying to chew my finger off. She doesn't roll over yet, but she absolutely loves to stand or be in her jolly jumper. her clothes are anywhere from 3-6 month to 12 month, it really depends on the brand. She is currently dressed in pink camo pants and a matching shirt by Gitano Baby that is 12 months, but cheapo onsies from Walmart still fit in 3-6 month sizes.

BSWW is Bummis Super Whisper Wraps.
We have regular Bummis wraps and they are not too bad, with prefolds. I also have covers that I have made (and AIOs and pockets) but I am still perfecting them. I ordered a snap press today because the velcro is too expensive.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#11 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 12:15 AM

ezra has been wanting to stand today, too! i was playing with him on the floor & grabbed his hands to assist him to sitting but he popped up to standing instead. he was soooo proud of himself. years ago i remember reading, though, that you need to be careful letting young babies put weight on their legs. anyone read this or remember anything similar?

on a personal front, i cannot seem to finish my doula certification exam!? my goal was to complete it by the end of august so i could start working on the childbirth education curriculum but i'm such a slacker. since dh returned to school & is coaching soccer i have very little time to sit down & focus.

what are your LO's naps like? ezra still takes about 5 45 minute naps a day. in the afternoon i can occasionally soothe him back to sleep but that's only once or twice a week. i'm looking forward to the whopping afternoon nap! who am i kidding, though? my girls weren't huge sleepers (2hr naps tops) so why do i think ezra will be?

stephanie asl.gif

#12 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 03:38 AM

Emma's in 6-9 or 9 month clothing, I think I make breastcream. LOL. Her brother did the same thing - grew really fast and then slowed down around the 5 month mark. I love her little fat rolls.

I'm thinking of trying to make a mei tai. I have a kozy, but I think I might be able to make one, improving slightly on the design. I want a big pocket (like babyhawks) and I want the shoulder straps at less of an angle than my kozy. I had a MT with an adjustable bottom, that I loved that feature, so I'm thinking of adding that too. I'm just rambling, but oh well. I tried a Hotsling today at Target and finally saw the value of the pouch especially for easy in/out. But I think I'd rather sew one myself.

Here's a new pic -
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/VOBetz/emma-1.jpg

Naps - Emma takes 4 naps most days - the first two are "nursing naps". These are 30 minute naps that require a boob. Then we do a 2 hr stretch in the early afternoon. This is family nap time. After DS has lunch, I put him down in his bed then Emma and I go to sleep in my/our bed. That probably has something to do with the duration. I wish DS would/could nap with us, but he can *not* fall asleep in my room. Its like physically impossible for him. LOL. Anyway, then another nursing nap late afternoon.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#13 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
what are your LO's naps like? ezra still takes about 5 45 minute naps a day. in the afternoon i can occasionally soothe him back to sleep but that's only once or twice a week. i'm looking forward to the whopping afternoon nap! who am i kidding, though? my girls weren't huge sleepers (2hr naps tops) so why do i think ezra will be?

Maggie will take a nap in the morning, most days its about 15 minutes long and she will take a nap inthe afternoon. If I lay down with her she will sleep longer but not if I hold her if that makes sense.

Heidi
#14 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

For the mammas using cloth diapers what kind do you use?

We have always used cloth diapers but in the olden days there was no choice. You got diaper service quality and diaper pins. I had a ton from my oldest and when my last two boys were born the internet was available and lot more choices but I figured why mess with what was working. So fast forward to Maggie, I have no cloth diapers and what a shock to me that it comes in sizes. So we borrowed proraps from a friend and have chinese prefolds but we are about to grow out of them and I am not sure what to get for the next size up. I do not want to sink a ton of money into it.

Heidi
#15 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Hi Mamas!

I have been lurking along with the group throughout my pregnancy and as much as I can since DS was born on 5/13. Congratulations to you all on such beautiful babies!

I'm writing now because my LO has learned how to roll over and he can.not.stop. It's all he can think about. He wakes himself up by rolling from his back to his belly and then he starts screaming. I'm just not sure what he's trying to do. If I let him stay on his belly and he just keeps crying. If I turn him onto his back he just rolls back over. Ugh! I usually get him to sleep by nursing or wearing him in a Moby or Maya wrap. I guess I can just leave him in there for the duration of his nap, but it does get tiring as he's a big boy (at least 17lbs). It's a little better a night because I think he's tired enough to stay asleep and he mostly ends up in our bed (not the co-sleeper and out bed is softer, so harder for him to roll in).

Any ideas? Any mamas been through this sort of developmental obsession before?
#16 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydee View Post
I went back to work last week, and it broke my heart. But really, it is only 3 days a week for about 6 hours at a time. It is such a PITA to get all of this baby crap together (bottles, extra clothes, etc.) and out the door! I think that is the most stressful thing about working. Avery has been giving everyone a really hard time about taking a bottle, but the last couple nights she seems to be resigning herself to the fact that the boobies are just not available when I'm not around.

Milestones, anyone? On Monday Avery rolled over onto her belly but I missed it (working ). She also discovered her voice and loves to yell for fun. I think she surprises herself.
I went back to work PT about a month ago and it is such a PITA, especially while BF. I have to get all the milk in a cooler with ice, bottles, the pump, extra storage for pumping, etc. I have gotten in the habit of doing it the night before and it seems to work better. We use sposies at the babysitter and I give her a package of them and let her keep them there. Then I don't have to worry about forgetting them or not bringing enough. She just tells me when she is getting low.

Milestones: As I type, he is yelling behind me. We just got done putting in laminate in the LR and it makes his voice echo No rolling over yet, but he loves standing now, which DD didn't do this early. He's also started grabbing at things a lot more.

Diapers: I got some Kushies as a gift before DS was born and we've been using those while we're home until I can decide what I want and find the money to get more.

Clothing: He's starting to stretch some of his 3-6 month onesies. He's getting big so much faster than DD did.
#17 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
I went back to work PT about a month ago and it is such a PITA, especially while BF. I have to get all the milk in a cooler with ice, bottles, the pump, extra storage for pumping, etc. I have gotten in the habit of doing it the night before and it seems to work better. We use sposies at the babysitter and I give her a package of them and let her keep them there. Then I don't have to worry about forgetting them or not bringing enough. She just tells me when she is getting low.

Milestones: As I type, he is yelling behind me. We just got done putting in laminate in the LR and it makes his voice echo .
I've been pumping during his noon-time nap and when he falls asleep around 8ish for the couple hours before i bring him to bed.

Sebastian has been squealing a lot lately too! No real laughs yet though.

---

DH has been out of town so I've been trying to figure out how to do everything on my own knowing I don't have the extra hands to relieve me. Does anyone have any tips- like how you shower.. he doesn't like to be in the swing for longer than a couple minutes most of the time...

#18 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Akasha is 15.5 lbs and wears anywhere mostly 3-6 months but a few 6-9or12 usually due to big diaper bootie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
School is going good so far. He's been staying with my MIL during class and does so well for her! She loves taking him out in the baby bjorn with the dog to the park. And, I got an A on my first essay for my writing class!
Awesome Mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
what are your LO's naps like?
We've had no real rhyme or reason here. But I am hoping with my shchedule becoming more regular, so will dd's. We loosely have a mid morning and late afternoon nap... anywhere from 30 mins to 1.5 hrs.

Quote:
For the mammas using cloth diapers what kind do you use?
This is an ever evolving thing around here. Around the house we use mostly thirsties prefolds w/ a woolie, or bumware AIO's, or G Diapers w/ a cloth insert. Out and about we use the G Diapers w/ flushable/compostable inserts.

Happy September Mamas! Times-a-Flyin'!

Grace Comes.

#19 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
DH has been out of town so I've been trying to figure out how to do everything on my own knowing I don't have the extra hands to relieve me. Does anyone have any tips- like how you shower.. he doesn't like to be in the swing for longer than a couple minutes most of the time...
I take DD in the shower with me, it's the easiest and has become part of our bedtime routine (which we're skipping entirely for a few days in hopes of breaking the wake every hour cycle). I can wash her and then me and then wrap her up and put her in the bouncy chair and then quickly wash my hair. (I have long hair and it's really hard to wash it with just one hand!) If the bouncy chair isn't handy I just swaddle her in her towel and put her on the bath mat, she's usually content for a few minutes, long enough to wash hair and sometimes enjoy some really hot water!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#20 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 03:11 PM

oops just bumping this thread up again b/c I stupidly posted yet again in the August thread...

geeesh Baraka!

Grace Comes.

#21 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 03:22 PM

nak

clothes, claire is in 6-9m, mostly for the length. i think she's 13-ish lbs. around the house, i can still use 3-6m onesies unsnapped.

dipes--right now i am using prefolds with bummis, imse vimses, and wool at nite. supposedly thirsties covers are the best over prefolds, so for the next size up i will get those and maybe more imses, and some longies for wintertime Heidi, what are these "olden days" you speak of? my mom had me in disposables! :

showers--well i put claire in the bouncy chair in the bathroom and sing to her, or i just invite one of the older two to come in and hang out with her i would not like having to shower avec bebe all the time--I like hot water! i guess i am lucky claire finds my singing amusing i kwym about having to do everything on your own--my dh pulls about 60 hours a week at work lately, so very often i am having to juggle all the housework, errands, cooking, baby stuff, plus the kids' school too

re: the standing being bad for baby's legs thing--i think that's old advice, and i don't rly believe it. i mean, if babe's capable of doing it and IS doing it, esp. with a big grin on his face, then i think those are all good signs he's ready to be doing it Claire pushes herself up to standing when i'm holding her hands sometimes--usually when she's excited and has those little spring-reflex legs happening

re: the rolling over then screaming--yeah my older two had things like that--they'd get themselves in a position, be all proud of themselves for doing it, and then scream cause they didn't know how to get out of it and then try again! it doesn't last long.

naps/sleeping--not sleeping thru the nite anymore, i chalk it up to growing. claire will only go down for a nap if i nurse her in the slng--she's very particular all i can count on is at least one daily nap that's long enough and deep enough for me to put. her. down. for an hour or two of it. i try to do dishes then, cause doing them with her in the sling KILLS my back. yea i'm all about *me time*, cantcha tell??

the hair loss--not happenin' here! now before you get annoyed with my bragging, remember that i was one of the few who had major hair loss during pregnancy! so i think i lost enough hair then to be able to keep it now

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#22 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
nak

Heidi, what are these "olden days" you speak of? my mom had me in disposables! :

My olden days...my oldest will be 17 next month. I was the weird mom who breast fed until he weaned at a year and kept my child in cloth diapers.

Funny a little off topic. Maggie was crying with dh last night so he brought her to me (I was cleaning). So John tells Maggie how Johnny our oldest was allowed to cry and how mean I was to let him do that and how it broke his heart etc. Thanks husband of mine telling stories to our baby. Johnny had all kinds of health problems and severe acid reflux. He did not sleep at all. Well what I know now it was caused from reflux anyway the experts advices for us was to let Johnny cry it all. It was so stressful and tore my heart out. There was no internet or anyone I knew that thought like me. I had no idea it bothered my husband as much as I hated it until last night when he was telling Maggie how mean I was and that I would not allow him get Johnny. Anyway, I became I closet, "let the baby sleep with you person" as soon as John got deployed. Calm reigned in our house once more. John came back home when Johnny was 16 months old and did not say a thing having him in our bed or any of our other children for that matter.

Heidi
#23 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

oh oh oh I wanted to add something about being the weird mom....by the way at the time we lived in Rural North Carolina and the hosptial I had Johnny in had less then 10% breast feeding rate but that is not what I was going to say...gahd I ramble.

I was the only person who used cloth diapers (only poor people use cloth diapers don't you know. : ) Anyway Johnny, potty trained himself at 19 months when his brother was born. We tried to actually stop it. James was just under 2 and potty trained overnight. Levi and Liam were just a little bit over 2 again we had no potty training horror stories. All of them it was child led. I chalk that up to us using cloth diapers.

Heidi
#24 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 08:18 PM

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#25 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 09:57 PM

Welcome to September! I am loving the cooler nights with all the windows open, sittin' on the porch sipping wine after DD goes down...I love this time of year!

Iris was 3 months old yesterday (she was technically a June baby) and she is already 14 lbs. 8 oz. She is mostly wearing 3-6 and 6-9 month clothing.

Dipes: We are using unbleached CPFs with BSWWs, fleece covers, and a few wool wraps. We also have a handful of Happy Hempys and FBs that we have been using at night, but her little thighs are just to chunky for the FBs and they create a HUGE bulge in between her legs. I like the HHs, but they are sooooooo bulky. Any suggestions for nightime? She seems to soak through almost everything except the FBs.

Showers: We have the bjorn bouncer and sit her in it for the few minutes we are in the shower...she likes bouncin' around and hearing us sing to her, so that's what we'll keep doing for now.

Naps: We're also on the 45 minute naps, 5 times a day schedule. I start teaching again next week and will be out of the house about 10 hours a week, so I'm hoping she'll start napping longer in the afternoons while I'm gone, thus eliminating the need for too many bottles.

Milestones: Lots of new vocalizing, grabbing, and lots of new neck strength. No rolling over yet, just rolling onto her side, arching her back like a little mermaid and waking herself up. Melts my heart every time, though.

Carriers: I still love my maya wrap, and DH loves the Babyhawk; We also have a beautiful Mammas Milk pouch sling which is not getting much use these days. I'm dying to try the Ergo...

treehugger.gif
#26 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
Any suggestions for nightime? She seems to soak through almost everything except the FBs.
What I found to work for nightime, and I know everyone is different. . . is a thick fitted with a velour innner (personal favorite is bunny huggs) and a doubler with a fleece liner with a wool soaker on top. It worked for Seamus. Now I just use sposies at night. Mickey cannot stand to be even a little wet so it doesn't really matter what I use. I'm up three times just to change him. I could probably use bumkins AIOs for all it mattered with him. I use sposies to MAYBE buy me a little longer

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#27 of 400 Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:

welcome to the seriously broken sleep club by the time i go to bed, she's already woken up from her long 4-5 hour block and is up every 2 or so rest of the night.

raven is in anything from newborn to 6-12 months depending on the brand. she's mostly out of newborn, or some of it would almost fit if it weren't for her bulky CD's (like Baraka said)

Quote:
I swear I don't work for bumbo, but DP just started his new job here in Hamilton last week (he'd been not working since we moved her on July 19!!!) and so i get my much needed morning shower (it's muggy here, to say the least) I put her in the bumbo with a toy in the bathroom with me so if she starts getting fussy I can talk to her and smile at her, etc.

I don't remember if I answered the diaper question or not before so I'm gonna do it again since I'm having a conversation about them on MSN right now during the day we use unbleached Indian prefolds with either a Bummis SWW or a Wiggle Worms Bottoms cover. We also have 1 bummis fleece and 1 Stacinator fleece but I rarely use them just cause I reach for the other ones first... (and it's HOT out!) At night we use pockets, we have 2 Fuzzi Bunz and 1 DryBees. I actually prefer the DryBees to the Fuzzi Bunz but that's just because Raven is sometimes cranky after her bath and it takes longer to do up the snaps on the Bunz...
#28 of 400 Old 09-03-2007, 03:51 AM

Hi Everyone!

WOW!!! Time flies!!! May seems like yesterday.

I was originally in the June DDC, but DS arrived six weeks early on May 8th. Since he's a preemie, he's a tad behind on his development, but he's really starting to catch up!!

He has never, ever slept through the night, so now that he's sleeping a four hour stretch, I feel like I'm in heaven!! He has been taking a short nap (less than an hour) in the morning, and then usually goes down for a couple hours in the afternoon. He sleeps happily in his co-sleeper, but he always ends up snuggling up with me every morning around 5 am.

As far as diapers go, we're using G diapers when we're on the go, and thirsties and happy heinys at home. I'm sorry to say that in a pinch we do use the occasional disposable, but we're mostly using CDs. It all seems to be working out well.

Showers? You mean we're supposed to be showering? Just kidding. I usually wake up half an hour before DH goes to work and jump in the shower while DH sleeps with DS. That's working out pretty well. My hair is really starting to fall out. Ick. And I've also noticed that there's a dent in my fingernails, kinda like a dividing line between pregnant nails and post-pregnant.

DS was 4 pounds at birth, and has grown to about 13 pounds. I have to use a nipple shield (a gigantic pain in the rear) while feeding him, and I'm pretty proud that all of those cute little fat rolls are becuase of me!!

Carriers: We started out with a peanut shell, and have progressed to a Moby and I just bought a Baby Hawk a few weeks ago. I love the simplicity of the peanut shell, but we also alike how cozy the Moby is. The BabyHawk is very comfortable for me and we tend to use it the most while out and about.

The way he is starting to kick out his leg while on his back which makes him shift onto his side makes me suspect that he's thinking about rolling over. He grasping lots of different objects and puts everything in his mouth, but he's still working on actually reaching for things. He's smiling and laughing, holding his head up, and sitting with help. Before he was born, I really thought about buying a Bumbo, but couldn't justify spending the money (honestly, haven't humans been figuring out how to sit on their own for millions of years??). But yesterday, my cousin gave me one she bought for her son and couldn't use becuase his legs are too fat (he got stuck in it!), and I can't get over how happy DS is when he's sitting in it!

Ds still has an umbilical hernia that looks like it may be starting to shrink, but I'm not getting my hopes up. This month he goes in for another visit to the opthomologist to have his eyes evaluated for any long-term effects of being on oxygen for so long while in the NICU. Other than that, his health is great!!

I'm still getting used to being a SAHM. It's so weird to not have any deadlines, meetings, etc. At the same time, I couldn't imagine leaving my little one while I went to work. We're also moving this month, which is introducing quite a bit of chaos into our lives, but I can't wait to get out of this heat and into our new house in the mountains.

Happy September everyone!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#29 of 400 Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 PM

Thanks for the advise on the shower! I have come to the conclusion that I NEED A BUMBO! I think I will buy one when dh gets paid.. though we don't really have the money, I think it is essential if dh is going to be working out of town.

Sparklett- Good to hear your LO is doing so well!

Diapers- We are using Tushies disposables : I am open to CDing, but the initial investment is far more than we can afford right now. I had received 2 cases of Tushies before I considered cloth and I still have 3 more packages left. Laundry is one of the more easier household chores for me, but the rest of my house is a disaster since DS joined us. I just don't think I can put more onto my plate.. when I don't even have a clean plate!

#30 of 400 Old 09-03-2007, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
I'm dying to try the Ergo...
I am not sure if I said this before but I LOVE I mean LOVE my ergo. We tried everything else on the planet but most Maggie would just scream in because of her GERDS. The only thing that worked was the bjorn which I hated (too much preasure on my shoulders) but at least I could buy groceries.

Anyway as I was just at the point that I would always have a messy house and would hold Maggie forever when I tried my friend's ergo and fell in love. They are pricey but for us it was so worth it.

Heidi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page