It's September! Calling all April 2007 mama's! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 441 Old 09-21-2007, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy View Post
yep this is why. We are there to support BF....that is it.
I totally get that, really!! It's more of a question of semantics... Not "endorsing" cloth diapers is a weird choice of words. I think it would've been more logical to say "we are here to discuss breastfeeding, other subjects can be addressed after the meeting." Because saying that you don't endorse (as in approve) something kinda makes me think you're against it, you know?
#302 of 441 Old 09-21-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
DOUDAT-At least she is just about the cutest little chub there is!!! (sorry queen! JK) I am so used to boys...ahhhh...a girl. I wonder if they smell different??
Aaaaah She woke up a few hours later happy as a clam.
Girls smell like vanilla ice cream, yum! Oh wait, so did liam Actually, I find liam smelled more like a baby than romi... I used to sniff the boy non-stop. She doesn't really smell (and I mean that in the good sense of the word!) that much.
#303 of 441 Old 09-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy View Post
yep this is why. We are there to support BF....that is it. Now, other things seem to fall in. Many leaders (not all!) CD, Non/selective vax, Homeschool, but that is NOT we are about...we support BF. We can not talk about those things during the meeting, but can during social time afterwards.
& just so you know, There ARE leaders that WORK outside the home, use bottles & pacifiers, Use disposables & strollers too!! We are just like other mothers, really we are!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I totally get that, really!! It's more of a question of semantics... Not "endorsing" cloth diapers is a weird choice of words. I think it would've been more logical to say "we are here to discuss breastfeeding, other subjects can be addressed after the meeting." Because saying that you don't endorse (as in approve) something kinda makes me think you're against it, you know?
Oh, I totally understand that, and that's what I assumed the reason for her saying that. It was interesting, though, because at the beginning of the meeting she said 'LLL is about supporting breastfeeding and attachment parenting'. And actually, the conversation was after the group was over, another girl had asked me privately, and it really just shut down the conversation. Also, everyone there used cloth, except one girl who was talking to someone else at the time.

Anyway, not important! I still enjoyed myself!

And hey, did I hear someone say Romi is cuter than Evangeline?! Is someone looking for a fight!?
:
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#304 of 441 Old 09-21-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
And hey, did I hear someone say Romi is cuter than Evangeline?! Is someone looking for a fight!?
:
A
don't worry Caroline is the cutest of all :P

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#305 of 441 Old 09-21-2007, 09:28 PM

He sat up!!!!!!!

I'm in shock I wasn't expecting this for another month or so (even though he has been "almost" sitting for a few weeks).

I set out a blanket on our front porch this afternoon to watch for daddy and he fussed when I laid him down so I put him in a sitting position and he seemed so stable I let go; and he stayed upright! then he did it a few more times for 30 or more secs - sometimes with one hand on the floor to ballence! Yikes!
#306 of 441 Old 09-21-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
He sat up!!!!!!!

I'm in shock I wasn't expecting this for another month or so (even though he has been "almost" sitting for a few weeks).

I set out a blanket on our front porch this afternoon to watch for daddy and he fussed when I laid him down so I put him in a sitting position and he seemed so stable I let go; and he stayed upright! then he did it a few more times for 30 or more secs - sometimes with one hand on the floor to ballence! Yikes!
Yay! Arlo has been sitting the last couple of days too. I couldn't believe it. I still thought he was too young to try. I can't believe how fast he's growing...
He's also watching when we eat like a little vulture and his favourite toy is a spoon, so I don't think it will be too long before he's eating solids.
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#307 of 441 Old 09-21-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
He sat up!!!!!!!

YAY!!!! Caroline will sit up for a few seconds then starts getting closer and closer to the floor! lol

Watch for pictures of her here in a few minutes i have to put them on my website then i will share them with you all!

#308 of 441 Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 PM

My good friend slinging Caroline and her little one (this is the friend and baby that Caught Caroline as she was born! her little one was 9 months old and wide awake watching!)
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album73/IMG_0731

I left Caroline on the couch while i cleaned up her spit up on the floor and when i looked up this is what i saw lol
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album73/IMG_0735

Sammy sharing his blankie with Caroline
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album73/IMG_0736

and my newest Favorite pic, Caroline before i got her out of bed this morning
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album73/IMG_0737

#309 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 12:04 AM

OK Ultimate, your baby girl is the cutest! I am only comparing the girls, bc of course, WE have the cutest boy!

I am excited-next Sat. is the Breastfeeding Challenge. I am organizing one for Billings! Nothing major, just come meet me at the park so we can NIP together.

www.babyfriendly.ca more info, maybe there is one where you are. Or organize your own.
#310 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 12:05 AM

Ultimate-did I ask you what you wanted me to do about the pattern? Pls LMK!

Maximom-your MT is en route! YIPPPEEEEEEE!
#311 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
OK Ultimate, your baby girl is the cutest! I am only comparing the girls, bc of course, WE have the cutest boy!

I am excited-next Sat. is the Breastfeeding Challenge. I am organizing one for Billings! Nothing major, just come meet me at the park so we can NIP together.

www.babyfriendly.ca more info, maybe there is one where you are. Or organize your own.
Hehe!

oh i forgot about the challange!! i wanted to try to get people together to do it!!
so anyone in maryland on here pm if you wanna try to do this!

#312 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Ultimate-did I ask you what you wanted me to do about the pattern? Pls LMK!

Maximom-your MT is en route! YIPPPEEEEEEE!

you did ask me and i forgot to respond!! i was lost in post lol
i got a free one from some one on here already, and i think i am going to give that to my MIL to try first! thank you very very very very much tho!!

#313 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 02:46 AM

Ok I'm up to avoid getting annoyed with DH for snoring so loud

finn'smama- I have been letting Johnny sample ity bits of food here in there...I totally wanted to wait but he is reaching for it and really loves it - he doesn't get much though.

UltimateSerj- CUTE pics!!! I love the one of her and Sam - so sweet!
#314 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 03:30 AM

Awww, ultimate, that last one of her is adorable!!!!

I wish I could do the challenge...I work till 3pm filling in a shift for someone. I plan on telling the owner that it's the last shift I'm going to work, just as soon as she gets back from her carribean cruise. I had already told her that I was only going to do the beer order, but she scheduled me to work for 2 days while she was gone. I got out of one and a half of the shifts, so when she gets back, that's it. I've bartended there for 3 years, and loved it, but I'm a bit busy now.

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#315 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 06:45 AM

Hi all! Just thought I'd pop my head in the door and say hello to all the other April mamas. Things here are good, finally. We survived some crazy medical stuff, my baby and me, but the future is looking awesome.
#316 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
He sat up!!!!!!!

Wow! That's amazing! I can't believe he can do that already!

wanderinggypsy: pop back anytime and update us with what's going on with you and your family. we love pics! And stories!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#317 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 10:46 AM

Abby is sitting up AND you can her tooth!

And sorry, but she is the true cutest (no offense) - but all of the other april babes are running a close second (no clear front runner, but people do say Scout looks like Abby so...)

#318 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 11:32 AM

Still no sitting or rolling....

WIC office started giving me checks for juice for him! WHAT?! The gal said the govt wants them to start drinking juice from a cup to get Vit C. She said most moms buy babyfood and it is pasturized-so no Vit C. I said well, I won't be doing that. She said she agreed. I said why don't they just allow you to buy fresh fruit and veggies? She said they were in the process of changing it. Right now we receive 10 containers of juice per month! Can you believe that???

My thinks WIC is a BIG subsidy for farming. They do allow you to get some of the strangest stuff. I wonder if she is right.
#319 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 11:33 AM

Kelsi-does Abby have hair that stands straight up?? That is CUTE!
#320 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Thanks, MTMama! I'll post a pic when I get it. Hooray, another member of the Mei Tai club! This will really help, as Scarlet really naps best when she's right next to me. I put her down yesterday after she'd been asleep in the sling for a while and she woke up 10 minutes later, darn it.
#321 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Caroline is a doll! Love all of her pics!

I keep toying with getting a different sling or such, but then winter is coming so I keep wondering how much I will use it then.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#322 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

new pics of my girls

http://ipusheddadoverboard.blogspot.com/

#323 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Caroline is a doll! Love all of her pics!

I keep toying with getting a different sling or such, but then winter is coming so I keep wondering how much I will use it then.

Thank you! your girls are adorable!!! i love my slings! i just wear them under my coats and then i don't really zip up i just wrap it over both of us, i have a fleece sling i got when i had me ds but it got warm and didn't use it as much but i used it the other day at the bus stop and loved it!

#324 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Kelsi-does Abby have hair that stands straight up?? That is CUTE!
Yep! Ari's did too. It's so neat - when we went to the Renaissance Festival, people kept talking about her hair!
#325 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 11:49 PM

Ok...it's all "quick picture mover" fault lol I keep posting more....

But here is a pic of Johnny sitting up, a pic of him holding hands with his cousin Carolyn (who was born 21 days after him) and a pic of them cooing at each other.. Today was the first time they paid attention to each other - SO cute they kept smiling at "talking"

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...07/t_=90941907

Ohh..but totally offended my SIL because I got toys out of the toybox and gave them to the babies to play with without spraying them with toxic disinfectants first. : And then they were complaining about how their daughter can't eat solids because of her tongue thrust (but they feed her cereal everday anyway). And my BIL was making remarks about BF as usual (he says stuff in front of his wife about how much better BF is - my DH says he is doing it because he is mad that his wife gave up BF (he actually once fed my niece a bottle of my BM and denied it to my face while he was doing it and my son's name was on the bottle!)...but still it totally makes things alkward.

Oh...sorry for the rant...I just get annoyed everytime I go there
#326 of 441 Old 09-22-2007, 11:54 PM

omg look at Johnny!!! don't let him teach Caroline that!!!!

Ack! shes is waking up, guess i am going to bed

#327 of 441 Old 09-23-2007, 03:08 AM

Hey mamas! We have been moving so I havne't really been on the net lately. It's up and going now AND I have wireless!! I forgot how convieninet it is. Ashton is doing well. He is such a mama's boy though. He is pretty laid back and easy going as long as I am around. He doesn't mind hanging out in other peoples arms as long as I am somewhere near.
Thanks to Queen, I bought a Babyhawk and I'm lovin it. I think we may start going on short hikes.

I can't believe there are babies sitting up already. I'm getting a little teary eyed realizing how fast our little ones are growing. Ash isn't sitting up yet but sometimes he "crunches" like he wants too.

All this LLL talk has me thinking of going to a meeting. I have never been to one but I think I would enjoy it. It would be a bit of a drive now that we have moved out to BFE - which, I might add is quite peaceful and relaxing (well, it will be once we really get settled)

I miss being around here but now that I am a little more settled (not in between 2 places) I'll be posting more often.

The babies are cuter and cuter all the time!!!
#328 of 441 Old 09-23-2007, 05:28 PM

Welcome back, Velvet! I was wondering about you. And I still owe you 10 bucks, so now that I've figured out PayPal (thanks E), I can get that off to you. New babe, toddler, school and moving?! Wow.
#329 of 441 Old 09-23-2007, 05:36 PM

MM-you should receive your wonderful new MT tomorrow! And thank you for the something extra!
#330 of 441 Old 09-23-2007, 05:39 PM

Love your pics Velvet! Welcome back! Congrats on your new home!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page