It's September! Calling all April 2007 mama's! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Daniel cut his second tooth today. He turns five months on Saturday!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Queen: your mom is gorgeous!!! Wow, what a beautiful picture, even if E is cut off
Romi always feeds around 3am, what's E's sleep schedule like? Actually, she's been waking up laughing the last few nights, which, although too freaking cute, is a sure bet she won't go back to sleep easily.

On another note: I SCORED SOME CRANKYPANTS!!!!!
Yep, some Jollyrogers for Romi off diaperswappers!!! I'm so ecstatic, who knew a pair of wool pants would get me this giddy :
Aww...thanks! :
Yes, I know I totally cut off her head, we were laughing b/c we couldn't get in the picture!
Well, Eva eats in the mid evening, then has daddy-time and naps for a few hours, then her final feeding is 10-11ish. She usually sleeps till4:30-5:30ish. Comes to bed, eats, then sleeps till 7 ish. She's been weird. Totally frantic at the breast and table. Last night was better, though.

I CAN'T. BELIEVE. YOU. GOT. CRANKYPANTS!!! I'm so jealous! I so hoped I could score one before you! : You have good reason to be giddy! I have good reason to sulk! As soon as you get them I know you're just going to tell us all how great they are and post pic after pic of Romi looking adorable in them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
So, what counts as eating? I've been letting him gum stuff like frozen kale stalks, whole raw potatoes, and peeled apples and he is just so happy. He also drinks a few sips of water or kid's tummy tea from a cup. Is this bad? I feel like I prefer this over plastic teethers.
That's what I want to know too. Eating or exposure? Is the allergy concern though, with exposure and tasting? Hmm.

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 09-26-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
:

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 09-27-2007, 04:58 AM

Aaahh! I've missed so much! I tried to go back and read everyone's posts. All of your babes are so absolutely gorgeous. I kept meaning to pop in, but I guess I've been busier than usual, getting ready for house guests. My sis and her DH and their 3 kids are coming to stay with us for 2 weeks. They'll get here this weekend. I only get to see them about twice a year and they've never met Scout, so I'm super excited!

Doudat - I'm jealous about the crankypants too. A while back, I sent DH a link to some crankypants pics and titled it "THIS is why I want to learn how to knit". (which is going pretty well. I'm working on a scarf right now)

I splurged and bought a Goodmama diaper off of diaperswappers today. You know you're totally off your rocker when you pay $23 for a USED diaper! I think I'm gonna love it, though. Can't wait 'til it gets here. It's really girly with a sweet old-fashioned looking rose print on it. Then, I made the mistake of going to the Goodmama instock store and seeing that they just stocked some prints. Uuughh! I should definitely wait to see how it fits DD before I go all ga-ga and start selling off my stash to buy rich-people diapers.

Scout is way mobile now. She scoots everywhere. She can't crawl, but she doesn't let that stop her from slithering around on her belly. She has rolled from her back to her tummy for quite a while now, but she just recently learned how to flip from her tummy to her back.....which is nice because she would get so frustrated being stuck on her belly..... yet, when I lay her on her back, she immediately flips to her tummy most of the time. : She LOVES trying to flip over while I'm changing her diaper.

She "talks" quite a bit now. Here favorite sounds to make are "La la la" and "Ba ba ba". She also just learned how to blow raspberries with her tongue.

She can't sit up yet, but sometimes she tries. At first I thought it was my imagination, but her pincer grasp is pretty good already. She can grip the little tags on her toys and stuffed animals between her thumb and index finger and bring them to her mouth. (in fact, that's one of her favorite things to do) It's funny to watch her do it, because she's concentrating soooo hard.

Queen, I am torn about the whole food thing too. Sometimes I will let Scout lick the juice of a peach that I'm eating - but only a very small amount. She grabs for my food constantly. Part of me wants to wait well past 6 months, but then part of me thinks that it would be okay to start letting her play with food right now. Neither of us have a history of food allergies in our families, so I guess I feel pretty relaxed about it. She has no teeth yet, and I know they say that's one of the signs of readiness for food. Hhhmmm...

Here are some recent pics:

This is the bedroom where Scout and I sleep most of the time. I usually lay in bed and watch T.V. w/ DH in our room for a little while and then after he falls asleep, I join Scout in her bed. Then, sometimes we both migrate back to the big bed with DH.

Here are some of our diapers in a doll cradle

Chillin' in a Tinkle Traps prefitted and some babylegs

Momma and baby

Big smile

Funny face (saying "La la la")
Old 09-27-2007, 09:36 AM

awww first your pics are tooo cute!! and also i have NOOOO money and those goodmama diapers omg they are too cute!! i want!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 09-27-2007, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Oh wow! Congrats! Sophia bites like she wants a tooth to break through

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:

That's insane!!! Are all your babies earlier teeth cutters (I have no idea how to formulate this question better!)?
Romi bites non-stop. But no tooth. Since liam got his first tooth at 13 mths (kewpie-o : teeth are not a sign of readiness for solids, the boy could eat very well without teeth ) I don't expect them too soon... But is it genetics that dictate teeth growth patterns? Mmmmm, off to research...

Kewpie: Scout is adorable! She looks so much like you in that last picture! And you are one crazy lady with your goodmama diaper! You go girl (sounding Oprah-ish)! My most expensive diaper is my one and only Muttaqin which I don't even use cause it's so pretty
Old 09-27-2007, 05:23 PM

Queen: your annoying post on DS made me stalk FSOT for more longies... And cause of you I missed the Woollybottoms stocking on Hyenacart. Bad girl .
Old 09-27-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Queen: your annoying post on DS made me stalk FSOT for more longies... And cause of you I missed the Woollybottoms stocking on Hyenacart. Bad girl .
:
serves you right crankypants!
A

Old 09-27-2007, 08:21 PM

Okay, am I missing something by not being at diaperswappers?? (not that I have time for another addiction....)

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

That's insane!!! Are all your babies earlier teeth cutters (I have no idea how to formulate this question better!)?

I thought Michael was early at six months, but the other two weren't particularly early. Michael lost his first tooth at 6 1/2, and Katie Grace is 6 1/2 and hasn't lost one yet.

I was bitten twice today, once on each milker.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 09-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Abby is cutting her second tooth. Surprise! Ari got her first at 10.5 months, so I was not expecting this!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I thought Michael was early at six months, but the other two weren't particularly early. Michael lost his first tooth at 6 1/2, and Katie Grace is 6 1/2 and hasn't lost one yet.

I was bitten twice today, once on each milker.
Youch! I thought Arlo was going to cut teeth really early, but he still hasn't, thank goodness!
Finn didn't get any teeth until about 7mo. And my sister's dd had two teeth at 3 months and then her ds didn't have any until 11months, so I guess you just never know.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:37 PM

Ok, I can see the diaper addiction, very cute.

Scarlet is a laugher, too. She is very ticklish and now laughs when I pretend to eat her fingers, she'll even put them in my mouth, it's so cute. She's trying to lift herself up when on her back, but she can only lift her head up a little and gets mad.

I have gotten bitten a couple of times while nursing, and even dh says ouch when she chews on his tough fingers. She still has only two on the bottom, and wants to chew everything she can get her hands on, but I don't feel any more teeth yet.

Great pics everyone, our babes are looking so "grown up". That sounds funny.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:55 PM

I've been trying to decide whether I should post here or not, am I welcome? Its just we were all in the same DDC and I really wanted to see all your baby pics and hear your updates I just wanted to tell you all that your babes are so beautiful!!! I held a babe born in April last week, it was amazing, felt soooo good, but I had to fight back tears the whole time. . .didn't want the mama to freak out seeing me cry yk? My translator from my birth is pregnant with her first child and wouldn't you know her due date is the same as my due date was with Naiya. . .weird. DH and I have decided we won't have any more bio children (I would be scared the whole pg), but he does understand this need I have to have another baby (weird huh, I was totally freaked when I found out I was pg last time: ), so we will try looking into adoption when DS is about 5. Anyway, I hope you all are doing well!!!!

--Barbara

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 PM

I'm running out the door but I just wanted to say I'm so glad you're here treemom.
Anika

Old 09-27-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemom2 View Post
am I welcome?
I'm soooooo happy to see you! You are just as welcome here as everyone else! I'm glad that you are stopping by - I know I would have a lot of trouble (I was in the Dec '06 DDC but m/c and had a hard time seeing those babes, even while pg with Abby)
Old 09-27-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I've been trying to decide whether I should post here or not, am I welcome? Its just we were all in the same DDC and I really wanted to see all your baby pics and hear your updates I just wanted to tell you all that your babes are so beautiful!!! I held a babe born in April last week, it was amazing, felt soooo good, but I had to fight back tears the whole time. . .didn't want the mama to freak out seeing me cry yk? My translator from my birth is pregnant with her first child and wouldn't you know her due date is the same as my due date was with Naiya. . .weird. DH and I have decided we won't have any more bio children (I would be scared the whole pg), but he does understand this need I have to have another baby (weird huh, I was totally freaked when I found out I was pg last time: ), so we will try looking into adoption when DS is about 5. Anyway, I hope you all are doing well!!!!

--Barbara
You are always welcome here! I am glad you stopped in.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Okay, am I missing something by not being at diaperswappers?? (not that I have time for another addiction....)
yes, but you don't want to know what!
A

Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:

--Barbara
So glad to see you here! Yes, of course, you're more than welcome. I wish you could have cried holding that April baby and not felt bad, of course I would have done the same thing, but I just wish it was more accepted. A lot of times I feel like crying and I don't.
A

Old 09-28-2007, 12:08 AM

treemom-SO glad to see you here! Maiya is so pretty in your picture. Thank you for sharing. Here is a beautiful story about Spirit Babies...
http://www.babycatcher.net/excerpt2.html
You have probably seen that before. I don't think it is so wierd that your translator would have the same EDD. I still think about our twin (Noah's) that we lost and get teary-eyed when people have/talk about/are expecting twins. I cry about it when I feel like it. Then I feel better. It is funny, but I think of the tears as the only way I can touch our little angel. To bathe her in tears. I don't know if it was a girl, but something sure tells me that. I call her Angela-for Angel.

I have never gotten to talk to you about Japan. Oh how we miss it!

On another note-we are just this close to having a contract on a house!!!

Noah is still quite sedentary. And very little laughing. Actually he has a cold, so he is pretty fussy and sleepless. I can't wait to be done w this house stuff!

Loving all of the cute pics! I have some pics of Noah in his John Deere longies on our BLog.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 AM

So good to hear from you, treemom!! It is so cool that you are thinking about adoption.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
So good to hear from you, treemom!! It is so cool that you are thinking about adoption.
I agree - I think adoption is beautiful...I really hope we can do that someday.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:03 AM

your totally welcome here!!

Quote:

--Barbara

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 09-28-2007, 03:45 AM

Just subbing.... I've been so freakin busy. My head spins around and around trying to figure out what to do next. I try to keep up with everyone and love seeing the beautiful babies. I'm just so freakin busy with trying to get organized, taking care of the little ones and school - which is going to be a real kicker this semester but if I can manage, I will be graduating after next semester!!

Treemom - I am also so glad to see you here. Of course you are welcome. I agree with the others about the crying and how it should be more acceptable because it is and emotional release. I also think adopting would be very cool.

Ok gotta go. I'm very sleepy. night night
Old 09-28-2007, 10:48 AM

hi everyone! pak

Welcome Treemom! I have been thinking about you--It was a happy surprise to see you had written!

maine was a great time--we love the common ground fair. we also went to acadia national park. ...but now i have to catch up on my reading here again

happy fall!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 09-28-2007, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I've been trying to decide whether I should post here or not, am I welcome?

--Barbara

You and your daughter have been thought of often over here. All have been wondering how you have been coping. Such a loss that I still have trouble understanding.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:53 PM

Treemom2 - Welcome, welcome. My heart goes out to you. I teared up looking at your sweet babe. Hugs to you.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:04 PM

nak
so i was swinging axel and had to put eva down, so instead of lying her i sat her on the grass and she sat there playing with the leaves and grass the whole time!!
the delayed rolling was just a joke- she's turned into a little precocious baby who's interested in grabbing everything and costantly threatening disaster....hair,dinner plates, computers, cords....let me grab it!
A

Old 09-28-2007, 04:04 PM

Treemom, you'll always be welcome here, this is your DDC as well.

User Tag List