It's September! Calling all April 2007 mama's! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2007, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Well, now I know why women end up keeping it to themselves. He made me feel like a complete idiot for even coming in really. He reluctantly gave me a number for the mental health clinic in town so I could get counselling.
When you are able, write down a record of the appointment for yourself so you don't forget.

After you get help (and I hope the mental health clinic is more with it than he was), you might consider writing a letter of complaint to his boss (if this was a clinic) or to the state board--there's some sort of oversight. There's no excuse for what he said, especially with the details you provided. PPD is very real and shouldn't be brushed off. But don't worry about doing all that right now. Call the counseling place. I really hope they help you or point you in the direction of a better doc.

You're not the idiot here, A. Not at all. I'm sorry he made you feel that way.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
When you are able, write down a record of the appointment for yourself so you don't forget.

After you get help (and I hope the mental health clinic is more with it than he was), you might consider writing a letter of complaint to his boss (if this was a clinic) or to the state board--there's some sort of oversight. There's no excuse for what he said, especially with the details you provided. PPD is very real and shouldn't be brushed off. But don't worry about doing all that right now. Call the counseling place. I really hope they help you or point you in the direction of a better doc.

You're not the idiot here, A. Not at all. I'm sorry he made you feel that way.
Yes, tomorrow I will try again at another clinic or even the ER. My sister talked to dp and he realizes the realness of it now too, so there are people looking out for me!
And yes, once I'm better I will report him to the college of physicians.

And doudat, thanks for that link. I will prolly pm you.
Alright, back to your regularly scheduled thread about cute babies!
I gotta get some pics up

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 09-30-2007, 01:57 AM

finn'smama-boy can I relate!!! My dh is a full-time student, we live in the country, very sensitive 3 y.o. They say PPD is more likely w subsequent pg. I couldn't figure out what was wrong w me in Aug. I was biting my nails, my jaw always hurt-from tension, and I wasn't eating. I felt like putting my hand over Noah's mouth when he started crying while Andy was napping. That is when I decided to talk to my Dr. He gave me Lexapro, made things worse-I became an insomniac on top of it all. So I stopped that and started talking to friends and family. I have a great friend who comes out once a week and entertains the kids while I nap.

I have found that patience=sleep. Can your dp get up w the kids in the am while you get an extra hour. And try to go to bed right after they do. I have been doing this and am feeling so much better. Your dp needs to know this is serious and he needs to support you and allow you to get extra sleep every day! Also let the housework go for a while, which I know is tough after moving. I am scared-we move in 3 weeks!

About baby wearing and hair---Cut it! I just did it last night! 20 inches. I donated it to www.locksoflove.org See my new 'do on my BLog. I think it is very cute and my mom cut it. I was so sick of buns and braids-been doing that for 3 years now. I felt like I could really benefit a child who needs hair rather than feel annoyed by it everyday. I had been considering for 2 months and finally did it. I am so happy!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:29 AM

Finn's mama,

I think I'm one of the old ones here...32 and just getting started on the childbearing!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 09-30-2007, 12:26 PM

Oh man, I'm feeling old! I have two kids at 38 and I think we're done, but we'll see what's in store for us, see how I'm feeling in a couple years. My friend had twins at 40 and she's managing pretty well. Although I know her pregnancy was tough. I often wish I had started earlier, but I was stuck in career and party mode for too long. Plus, I was waiting to meet my dh.

Finn'smama - hang in there. We're all thinking of you!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
finn'smama-boy can I relate!!! My dh is a full-time student, we live in the country, very sensitive 3 y.o. They say PPD is more likely w subsequent pg. I couldn't figure out what was wrong w me in Aug. I was biting my nails, my jaw always hurt-from tension, and I wasn't eating. I felt like putting my hand over Noah's mouth when he started crying while Andy was napping. That is when I decided to talk to my Dr. He gave me Lexapro, made things worse-I became an insomniac on top of it all. So I stopped that and started talking to friends and family. I have a great friend who comes out once a week and entertains the kids while I nap.

I have found that patience=sleep. Can your dp get up w the kids in the am while you get an extra hour. And try to go to bed right after they do. I have been doing this and am feeling so much better. Your dp needs to know this is serious and he needs to support you and allow you to get extra sleep every day! Also let the housework go for a while, which I know is tough after moving. I am scared-we move in 3 weeks!

About baby wearing and hair---Cut it! I just did it last night! 20 inches. I donated it to www.locksoflove.org See my new 'do on my BLog. I think it is very cute and my mom cut it. I was so sick of buns and braids-been doing that for 3 years now. I felt like I could really benefit a child who needs hair rather than feel annoyed by it everyday. I had been considering for 2 months and finally did it. I am so happy!
love the new 'do MontanaMama!

Old 09-30-2007, 03:00 PM

Here's a few recent shots.
A

Old 09-30-2007, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Over 400 posts!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

MonTana Mama: love the haircut! And I love Noah's picture under the pumpkin pics! Too cute!

finn'smama: Some of your mood could certainly be an adjustment disorder, but I think there is still some ppd in there too. You shouldn't want to jump out a window just because you haven't adjusted. I whole-heartedly agree with getting some extra sleep. The counseling is a good idea too. Sorry he didn't prescribe meds, but there is something called self-management goals. Things you do to take care of yourself: talk to a friend, do a hobby, meditate, etc.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

finn'smama: one more thing - did the Barbies come with the new house? I'm sure your boys would loooove those!

Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
finn'smama: one more thing - did the Barbies come with the new house? I'm sure your boys would loooove those!
okay, fill me in! I don't get it
A

Old 09-30-2007, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
okay, fill me in! I don't get it
A
:
I think mclisa saw the pics of MonTana mama's house on her blog where there's a room of Barbies, and she got mixed up and thought it was yours!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 09-30-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
:
I think mclisa saw the pics of MonTana mama's house on her blog where there's a room of Barbies, and she got mixed up and thought it was yours!
phew...I thought I must really be losing it, !

Old 10-01-2007, 12:40 AM

I love our ddc!
Old 10-01-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
I love our ddc!
Me too!!!

So little Johnny got his dedication/blessing (sort of like a christening) at church today...I'm totally posting pics tomorrow! Sooooooooo cute - but way to tired to put pics up tonight! He did get his first taste of icing : We were trying to get pics of him next to the cake and he took me totaly by suprise and put his hands in the cake; once I took him away the hands went straight to his mouth! I don't think he actually consumed any though...

Then I think we must have locked our keys in the trunk of the car (the latch doesn't work - you have to use a key to open it) so my dad drove us home, DH is using my car to go to work and I wil spend the day trying to get a new key and maybe "break in" to the car! Oh, and did I say that last night I was with my sister and she ran out of gas and took over an hour to find a gas canister and then I lost my cell phone so we had to retrace all oiur steps? I'm exhausted!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I also may add: THANK GOD my inlaws live 4 hours away!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired of them even though they are very kind to me. I know I was rude to them because I argued with them over stupid stuff - but they were ever so annoying "why can't you feed him string beans?" MIL said (after I had just told her he had sweet potatos introduced Saturday and will get no new foods for at least a week). Then I kept taking him away from everyone - I mean, sorry I like to hold my son too...how come the second someone hands him back to me another person takes him and DH's cousin even goes, "he wants 'ninnies', he's hungry" and I STILL had to fight to get my crying boy back! : ) I mean...my family is fine; they show interest and hold him quite often...but they don't insist on keeping him when he is hungry and needs ME.

Hmm..but I'll end on a happy note! We did despite a few minor things truly enjoy our day his dedication was beautiful and my whole family chipped in and helped us out with the lost keys and my sisters even bathed, PJ'd and read Johnny (his normal bedtime routine) and he fel asleep.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:10 AM

I'm trying to catch up on all the posts here... it is SO hard to read and keep up with everything in one thread. I really miss our forum! I thought about setting one up on my web site so we could talk like we used to!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
Old 10-01-2007, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttimepreggers;
Finn's mama,

I think I'm one of the old ones here...32 and just getting started on the childbearing!
I'm 34 and DS is my first. We'd like more but had a rough time conceiving this one! I'm actually paranoid AF won't come back with any regularity at all.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:49 AM

mclisa: Your girls are beautiful!

rivkajean: I hope I have a cute lil girl like yours someday too!

firsttimepreggers: What is it with our babes going sideways in the swing? I think Logan is just aching to get out and move. He isn't crawling yet but he has started moving a bit. He squirms on his belly a little and hops backward with his legs and moves with his head : I keep thinking he is going to break his neck!

ultimateserj: Aren't those first laughs just amazing? One night I was changing Logan's diaper and he started laughing. I couldn't figure out at first what it was -- and then I realized -- it was the hook & loop closure. It made him belly laugh everytime I opened it. We got it on video -- it was just too cute!

annettemarie: If I left Logan nekkid like that for even a couple of minutes, he'd be laying in a big puddle. Actually, I have a hard time even changing him without him ending up in a big puddle!

queen: Your family is beautiful and I love your paintings! I wish I had time to explore my artistic desires! I haven't drawn or painted in years. The last drawing I started was a quick pencil sketch Aragorn from LOTR a few years ago and I never finished it: http://www.greyskies.org/drawings/ara.jpg

Debtsmomy: How is BF going with Abby? We manage and I love the BF relationship I have w/DS but I still feel sad that I can't BF like other mamas.

doudat: Let's see a pic of those pants

finn'smama: Keep looking until you get the help you need. I think PPD is much more common than people (or doctors) realize. I've had some anxiety in the postpartum period and am WAY overprotective of DS. I haven't felt like it is unmanageable though.

treemom2: You're always welcome! You've been in my thoughts several times over the past six months. And - I think adoption is a wonderful idea.

MonTana Mama: Nice do! My hair is to my waist. I should donate some - but I just can't bring myself to cut it.

Kewpie-o: Scout is a cutie - she looks just like you!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:28 PM

moved it to october!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitii View Post
I'm 34 and DS is my first. We'd like more but had a rough time conceiving this one! I'm actually paranoid AF won't come back with any regularity at all.
I'm 34 as well! Another old timer here, hehe. Dh is 5 yrs younger than me though
But the baby-making is over here. Our goal of 2 kids has been achieved. Dh really doesn't want anymore anyways. I must admit that I'm very happy with our little foursome. Hard to have more and manage to live in the city, you know?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:56 PM

Doudat - Romi is just so darn cute, those cheeks! And the crankypants are so cool.

Here is the link to the new thread, if you haven't found it already, I still need to post!

User Tag List