Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I did of course :
And you posted the same one twice
dag nam it! now I have to go fix it!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#182 of 441 Old 09-14-2007, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttimepreggers View Post
Queen, I love your family. You're all just beautiful!!
:
aww thanks!
I actually love to see pics of other people, and not just the babies...I'm a visual person and like to have a picture in my head of the mama who's posting...and I'm curious of course!!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#183 of 441 Old 09-14-2007, 10:10 PM

hey guys, check out my cool new blog! it's tracking my new painting series....blogspot is SO easy!
http://amandagreavette.blogspot.com

#184 of 441 Old 09-14-2007, 10:27 PM

the Pictures are so cute!!! Caroline loves to have her feet up in the air too! and/ or feet in her mouth, and the last to days she has started holding up her pointer finger! its to cute, shes not reallly pointing at anything just has that finger out!

on other news ia m really frustrated tonight, Caroline would not go down! took me an hour and a half to get her to stay asleep! grr and on top of that or maybe what made that frustrating to begin with, i am upset with my dh he really didn't do anything either and i am just crazy and emotional and weird today, but i feel like he would rather spend time with his nephew (23 living withus for a while) or on his stupid computer then with me ever! i swear he is always on it BUT will get off and hang out with nephew/ play guitar and even had the nerve to ask if they could go out tonight... leaving me with all 4 kids YET again ( work all week, and then tomorrow he is helping his mom have a yard sale) and i was like no way and i know he was pissed, and i know its not like he goes out all the time or anything but damn it i am feeling overwhelmed and alone and he wants to go out !!! ugg its so not fair somedays, THEN they say they wanna play scrabble and i was like cook i wanna play well by the time i got Caroline down they are both like nevermind we don't wanna play!!! so here i sit board at the computer frustrated at everyone all for no reason.

ok thanks for the place to vent

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#185 of 441 Old 09-14-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
hey guys, check out my cool new blog! it's tracking my new painting series....blogspot is SO easy!
http://amandagreavette.blogspot.com
your work is so amazing! ! i have some great pics of my son being born, i wish they where on the computer so i could share them.

#186 of 441 Old 09-14-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Funny these monster babies!!
I was looking at liam's baby book and he was romi's length at 10 months and her weight at 8 months
She looks so much older than she really is!
Oliver at 4 mos weighs as much as Cecilia did at 9 mos. My arms are killing me. It's funny because I'm pretty sure he'll end up a skinny toddler like Cecilia did - so I'm enjoying the fat rolls while they last.
#187 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 01:28 AM

Tomorrow I giving a HB talk at a birthing class. I just finished writing my birth story and posting it on MDC. It is loooonnnnngggg....and I cried all over again. If you want to read it

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=751206

Amber-glad you are back. Ladies, check out her Birth Project. All I can say is AWESOME!!!! Go mama!

And a pic, from hiking in the Beartooths. Near our house.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145.../278196406.jpg

Chubby-bubby
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145.../278196736.jpg
#188 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 01:42 AM

OK, My turn for some more pics:

This is my second ever dipe, just finished today. It's waterproof even!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...l/IMGP1984.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...l/IMGP1985.jpg

And a pretty amusing sequence of events here!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...roughsep-3.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...roughsep-4.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...roughsep-5.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...roughsep-6.jpg

My little cutie!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...roughsep-7.jpg

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#189 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 01:48 AM

Queen, that painting is just amazing. I wish I had ANY pictures of my birth. I would so have you do one for me. I wish I could attend the show, to, but of course I'm not going anywhere for a while!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#190 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 02:25 AM

MonTANA mama, where in MT are you? I lived in Msla for 5 years and cried my eyes out when I had to leave. I still miss MT.
Your baby looks really cute!!

I did a HB too (HBAC), I'll have to find my old link sometime and share it with you guys on this thread. Mothering will actually publish my birth story as a web exclusive early next year. I've never been published before, so I'm thrilled.

Gotta get some zzzz's, dd1 had been pretty sick for 4 days and is getting well now, so I have to catch up on sleep when I can.

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#191 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani View Post

I did a HB too (HBAC), I'll have to find my old link sometime and share it with you guys on this thread. Mothering will actually publish my birth story as a web exclusive early next year. I've never been published before, so I'm thrilled.
So Cool!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#192 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 05:46 PM

She is ADORABLE! And nice job on the dipe too!!:
#193 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 05:51 PM

#194 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 07:05 PM

Here is the link for our HBAC birth story, it will have only a few small corrections for the publication next year.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=673110

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#195 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
The 30 minute car ride home was awful for her. She screamed and screamed. We stopped at a Wal-Mart halfway home just so I could nurse her and we could walk around with her for a little bit. It didn't help.
I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one stopping at Walmart for that!

A couple times a weeks DH, Savy, and I drive "into town" about an hour and a half. In the mornings, she's fine with the ride, she plays and sleeps...But at night. Hm, that's another story now. In the last few weeks, the lights (street lights, headlights) scare her
Before we knew what the problem was, we stopped a lot so I could nurse her. Once right off the highway -- a cop pulled over, asked what was going on, thought we were being suspicious, lol, oops. ("yes officer, that's the only reason my boob is out" ) A few times a gas stations we got really strange looks. I'm not embarrassed to accidentally show a bit of boob, but i don't SEEK an audience, so..... Walmart is better.
I hate saying that, lol. For the same reasons that I don't like shopping there, it also makes a good on-the-road nursing spot -- You are a big nobody there, no one cares about you, and you're definitely not the strangest person that's been in the parking lot that day. So no one has given us a second glance.
Well anyway, we finally found out that when its perfectly dark, she's fine, so when there's lots of lights one of us has to sit in the back so she can see us. It's just for part of the trip, luckily, and then she's happy.
So less Walmart parking lot stops

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#196 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 07:29 PM

I can't find the cord for my camera to hook up to the computer. When I do, I'll show ya'll some pics! I love seeing other babies! And i agree about knowing the faces of who you're talking to, you mommas are important too

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#197 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivkajean View Post
Before we knew what the problem was, we stopped a lot so I could nurse her. Once right off the highway -- a cop pulled over, asked what was going on, thought we were being suspicious, lol, oops. ("yes officer, that's the only reason my boob is out" ) A few times a gas stations we got really strange looks. I'm not embarrassed to accidentally show a bit of boob, but i don't SEEK an audience, so..... Walmart is better.
I hate saying that, lol. For the same reasons that I don't like shopping there, it also makes a good on-the-road nursing spot -- You are a big nobody there, no one cares about you, and you're definitely not the strangest person that's been in the parking lot that day. So no one has given us a second glance.
Well anyway, we finally found out that when its perfectly dark, she's fine, so when there's lots of lights one of us has to sit in the back so she can see us. It's just for part of the trip, luckily, and then she's happy.
So less Walmart parking lot stops

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#198 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 10:28 PM

Rikava I am glad Abby is not the only one who hates long car rides. My Mom has been in & out & back in again, the hospital & it is an hour away on a good day. Abby will usually do ok on the way there, but the way home she SCREAMS the whole way. I finally had it when this week, she cried on the way there! I called my Mom & told her I could not do it anymore. I can not drive & listen to her scream the whole way. It is just to much. Thank goodness, my Mom gave me permission not to come that day.

Anyone else struggling with time for themselves? Not necessarily w/out baby, but just finding time to knit, or sew or even read w/out having to tend to Abby is fleeting. How I wish for an hour of uninterupted self time.

Lastly, I updated our family pics. (Finally, her 4 month photo is there! Only taken almost a month ago!)

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#199 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 10:32 PM

Hugs to you, Ultimateserj! I know that the obliviousness of a DH can be downright maddening sometimes.

He's not quite so bad about it lately, but I would give Scout to DH for few minutes so I could use the bathroom or switch the laundry over. Most of the time, she's content to sit in her little reclining chair thingy when I have to put her down for stuff like that, but when Daddy's home, I figure it's good for him to spend a little time w/ her. I would be in the bathroom for all of 2 minutes and DH would come walking in there with her. : ...like he was standing there waiting for me so he could hand her back to me as soon as I was done. Can't I wipe my rear in peace??: Although he hasn't done that exact thing in a while, he still gets "bored" with her if he has to hold her for any amount of time. Uugh.

Firsttimepreggers - that dipe is SOOO cute! It looks so fuzzy and soft. What pattern did you use?

When I was at Wal-Mart today (yeah, I know, a lot of my stories involve Wal-Mart : : ) I thought I'd try nursing Scout in the fitting room because she has been getting distracted when she's trying to nurse in the midst of commotion. I've nursed her up front on one of the benches, but she just can't help but be mesmerized by the cash registers beeping and the carts with crinkley bags and little kids whizzing by. I went up to the fitting room attendant and told her that I didn't have any clothes to try on, but was wondering if I could use one of the fitting rooms to nurse my baby. She looked at me like I was nuts and had to think really hard and finally said hesitantly, "Ummm....hmmmm...yeah...I guess it's okay." She wasn't necessarily rude...I think I had just taken her by surprise.

It feels a little counterproductive to slink into a dressing room to breastfeed, when I know that breastfeeding out in the open is really beneficial to getting people used to seeing it as a common thing....but I admit, feeding her behind closed doors while we're out and about is very nice and relaxing for both of us. She's calm and can actually get some milk down and I can totally relax and not have to be concerned with her popping off a trillion times, exposing my nipple. I guess that's not being a very good lactivist.
#200 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 10:49 PM

kewpie-o- thanks! dh has followed me to the bathroom more then once also! lol
he made up a bit today tho he watched the older 3 kids while i went and met my mom and did some shopping! that was fun mom even took me to lunch!
now he and nephew are at a movie and its ok! Because the older girls are at grandmas for the night and Sam and Caroline are both asleep for the night! i just had a yummy smirnoff ice! hehe and i am finishing watching mary poppins hehe its how i got sam to sleep we watched the movie together while i nursed Caroline!

those of you who knit/ make longies my MIL is a knitter and was talking about getting some real wool to make some hats and i said you know you could make me some longies and she is totally into it! sooo i need to get her a pattern can you all give me one or tell me where to find one... i am honestly not to into wool but i thought if she made them it would be neat to try them! lol

#201 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 10:53 PM

kewpie-o- hehe i know what you mean about distrated nursing~ i have done this 4 times now and almost exactly at 4 months they all get soo distracted!
today at lunch Caroline was starved but had to keep looking all over the place!
i have had to take my others into changing rooms and things like that to get them to nurse it does feel counter productive but you gotta do what you gotta do!

#202 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 11:25 PM

Ok, here's the official 'reply to everyone' reply!

First of all..thanks so much for the support girls. I really, really appreciate it! It's so nice to have people 'get it', even if you're not that into painting.

Also, I had previously wanted to comment on the pics posted before I drowned everyone with my own. Scarlet is such a sweetie- I think she's actually cuter than Eva now..she's not as 'bloated' looking!! : Ok, did I just say that about my own kid???: And Romi, once again, takes the cake for the cutest outfits...where on earth did you get that adorable brown hoodie for her, doudat?? She is so freaking cute! Your vacation looks beautiful but chilly...and then after I saw your pics I dreamt I cut my hair like yours: . ( I did actually get my hair cut a couple weeks ago...got a bang first time in my life, and redid my 'highlight' 2 tone bright gold/ and orange.)
Um, anyway.
Quote:
This is my second ever dipe, just finished today. It's waterproof even!
Wow! I'm so impressed, it looks awesome. I wish I could sew, or knit like all you crafties. I wish I could make my own diapers, exactly the way I want them. And oh, my goodness Hannah is so cute! I love her hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
your work is so amazing! ! i have some great pics of my son being born, i wish they where on the computer so i could share them.
You could consider photocopying them and mailing them to me. Just a thought. I still have 6 months to the show...so there's lots of time!
And I know what you're saying (and Kewpie-o) about the dear husbands thing...sometimes I could strangle that man!! (We have a joke about the things we do in our heads to each other...to lighten an arguement, 'ugh, I just mind-punched you! )They'll never know what it's really like (to be a woman, mama, etc) and never understand. And lately I've noticed I'm a lot more sensitive/pissy, with everyone. But there's also times where I'm sitting at dinner thinking, 'I am SO thankful I have the father of my children to call my husband. And what a good man he is'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani View Post
That is so neat. I can't wait to read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Hugs to you, Ultimateserj! I know that the obliviousness of a DH can be downright maddening sometimes.

It feels a little counterproductive to slink into a dressing room to breastfeed, when I know that breastfeeding out in the open is really beneficial to getting people used to seeing it as a common thing....but I admit, feeding her behind closed doors while we're out and about is very nice and relaxing for both of us. She's calm and can actually get some milk down and I can totally relax and not have to be concerned with her popping off a trillion times, exposing my nipple. I guess that's not being a very good lactivist.
Your story made me laugh! Sorry, but sometimes they're clueless! (dh has yet to bath her!)
also, I feel the same way about the nursing. Sometimes you just need a quiet place, there's nothing more frusterating than an unproductive feeding, where you both end up mad, her crying, and you leaking all over your shirt. Eva gets seriously distracted, even when I talk sometimes. It's like, 'oh, what!? (big eyes) I'm listening!' And yet I still feel the urge to inform everyone, 'Oh, I breastfeed. Just thought you should know.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy View Post
Lastly, I updated our family pics. (Finally, her 4 month photo is there! Only taken almost a month ago!)
Sweetie! There's something so interesting about her face...I can't place it. Maybe it's her cute little neck... maybe because I'm used to rolls! She's got such a perky look. Big sis and her together are so beautiful, she looks so proud!

What, that's it??
MonTana mom, I saw your pics too...Noah is so cute and chubby! I grew up in Southern Alberta, and we vacationed a lot in Montana, I always wanted to move there. It looks like you guys do some great things and really enjoy where you live. Good luck with the homebirth talk!
I have yet to read the birth stories. Yay, I love birth stories!

Talkative, anyone?

I know why, Axel was with Poppa all day at a fall fair, so I had no one blabbering to me all day!!
A

#203 of 441 Old 09-15-2007, 11:57 PM

Oh, I forgot some of my own news. Today I heard from one of my galleries and I sold 2 pieces. One of me holding Evangeline (2.5' x 3')and one of her from the back. (16" x 24") It was the first time I've cried over selling a piece. Then for the rest of the day I felt like someone had died.
A
http://amandagreavette.com/newgal/?level=picture&id=85
http://amandagreavette.com/newgal/?level=picture&id=95

#204 of 441 Old 09-16-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Oh, I forgot some of my own news. Today I heard from one of my galleries and I sold 2 pieces. One of me holding Evangeline (2.5' x 3')and one of her from the back. (16" x 24") It was the first time I've cried over selling a piece. Then for the rest of the day I felt like someone had died.
A
They are BEAUTIFUL! I understand your grieving
#205 of 441 Old 09-16-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
A
You are truly gifted!
#206 of 441 Old 09-16-2007, 01:57 PM

Queen your paintings are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#207 of 441 Old 09-16-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
those of you who knit/ make longies my MIL is a knitter and was talking about getting some real wool to make some hats and i said you know you could make me some longies and she is totally into it! sooo i need to get her a pattern can you all give me one or tell me where to find one... i am honestly not to into wool but i thought if she made them it would be neat to try them! lol
http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/org...woolpants.html
This is the only free pattern I know of online... She'll need about 150g of worsted weight wool. I'm glad you're feeling better by the way, men can be so ignorant!! Dh is great at taking romi, but is clueless about naps and other "details" as he calls them. So if he's out with the kids, I usually get a over-tired, hungry baby (and toddler) back. Sometimes it's not worth the break it gives me.

Queen: amazing work!! I so wish I had given birth naturally (darn pre-eclampsia I so would've given you pictures!!
Hoodie: I think H&M. Not sure. Nothing fancy, I swear! It's the combination of items that makes her look, well, her!
I love seeing the pictures of whole families as well, instead of just the babies. It's almost like "really" getting to know you all!

Kewpie: same here with the distracted nursing. It must be the age. Even when I have people over I now need to go nurse somewhere quiest otherwise she'll pull on and off, we both get soaked, and if she's tired watch out! It turns into a mega tantrum :
#208 of 441 Old 09-16-2007, 06:01 PM

HOLY COW!!! I posted about my diapers on a military wive's forum that I frequent, and I now have FOUR orders to fill!! They thought they were adorable, and want to know if they are just as easy as disposable, etc., etc...!!!! FOUR ORDERS!!!! I'd better get sewing!! Plus, I went to a bonfire last night, and my doula ordered an organic carrot cake from me for her birthday on Saturday!!!! I am sooo blessed!

#209 of 441 Old 09-16-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
HOLY COW!!! I posted about my diapers on a military wive's forum that I frequent, and I now have FOUR orders to fill!! They thought they were adorable, and want to know if they are just as easy as disposable, etc., etc...!!!! FOUR ORDERS!!!! I'd better get sewing!! Plus, I went to a bonfire last night, and my doula ordered an organic carrot cake from me for her birthday on Saturday!!!! I am sooo blessed!
I forgot to mention how great your diapers looked, congrats for the orders!!!
Get sewing mama!!
#210 of 441 Old 09-16-2007, 07:55 PM

thanks, Mama!! Add one more order to that...for a future baby!! They just love them!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page