It's September! Calling all April 2007 mama's! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, hello everyone. i just got home from a farmers' market meeting and dh has "the worst headache he's ever had" and both boys are asleep! that was my face seeing as though usually both are WIRED when i get home late from something...and dh quickly hurries off to bed and leaves me with them. my next face followed by (actually some wine, but close enough). and i'm finally catching up on reading here.

anika-glad you made it to your new home! can't wait to hear more once you've settled in...

nicoley-congrats on the house!

queen-we just got some lovely wyandotte chicks to go with our rhode island reds. the wyandottes are very pretty birds. i know you've heard this many times, but your work in really amazing. that image of you birthing eva on your blog is the photo that i couldn't forget. it looks beautiful.

zenon has been injured...i bonked his head on something when i was trying to weigh him (b/c we missed his 4 mo wc visit) our scale said 18 lbs! by the way... and i let him tip over and he scratched his nose on some rough grass in a field... and i put a grocery basket next to him in the car and apparently he was trying to grab it--his fingers were all bloody when i got him out of the car... yea, it's all been my fault.

kaylo and zenon will share a room and probably a bed too... if we still live in the house we currently live in and we live like we are now (closing off the upstairs for five months of the year b/c we want to heat with wood and can't heat the whole house with our current stove) we'll have a PACKED family bedroom (yes, everyone in one room). i'd put boys and girls together though ( they'll have no choice in this small house)

are your bebes sitting up? kaylo was at this age but zenon is most definately not. he loves standing though. probably b/c of his thunder thighs...easy support for standing

does anyone do lampworking? i'm having a horrible time with it. i just started with my new lampworking kit...made some rather good looking beads for my first try...and now they won't come off of the mandrels! i had to shatter them all and i got a gnarly cut on my finger too.

i'm finally going to try making sourdough bread. i've created a starter several times but it never really worked. a friend gave me some of hers and i've managed to keep it alive for a while and i finally am going to make some bread. (i'm not a good bread maker) wish me luck

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
queen-we just got some lovely wyandotte chicks to go with our rhode island reds. the wyandottes are very pretty birds. i know you've heard this many times, but your work in really amazing. that image of you birthing eva on your blog is the photo that i couldn't forget. it looks beautiful.

are your bebes sitting up? kaylo was at this age but zenon is most definately not. he loves standing though. probably b/c of his thunder thighs...easy support for standing
wyandottes, eh? I'll have to mention it to my fil. Someone else told me banty, but I don't want them to eat my garden. oh, thanks about the painting! I still haven't decided about the background though.

Eva is pretty much sitting unassisted. I have to be there in case she tips, but she definately holds her own weight for awhile, and for longer periods of time. She's pretty steady. Still no rolling though. I think it's because she's a bit of a whale. I think she's about 20 lbs ! She's so great though, I'm so proud to say, 'yep, I'll take credit for that!

I wish I was smart about saying things. Assertive, I mean, and articulate without being offensive. I had a friend over tonight raving about Ezzo, wish I would have just given her the ezzoinfo website. oh well. I don't have to 'save' babies...

I totally get it about the bed sharing/room sharing thing. Just wondering the specifics. I shared until I was 14, so I guess I didn't really think it was that great! It won't really be a question for us though as far as sharing rooms, that just the way it is! Not building any more after this kid world addition! Thanks for your responses though.

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 AM

kris-congrats on the winey night! All we have is a blechy old bottle of cooking wine. Tonight would have been perfect-noah in bed @ 730 and andy @750. I updated my blog and visited the MDC Lactivist Thread. If I am going to call myself a lactivist, I need to know what it is about...I call myself one just because I NIP and live in MT. Not bc I am really doing anything outrageous!

We have Gold Lace Wyandottes and Buff Orpingtons. I think you should get chickens that have a flat-comb-my chicks froze their combs to their metal feeder on some below 0 days. My mom made a feeder cozy out of an old t-shirt. The Wyandottes are better layers and the Orpingtons are friedlier. We have a banty rooster. Banties lay tiny eggs. They all will scratch in your garden. So either don't have too many or get banties, less damage. Just my 2 cents. Also they don't lay as much after the 1st year, so you have know what you are going to do w them. I didn't get replacement pullets this year and my hens are down to only 1-2 eggs a day. We have 5 chickens after the coons got them this spring.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:22 AM

A quick link to Mother Earth News about Chicken coops.

http://www.motherearthliving.com/iss...ops_596-1.html
Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 AM

Chicken Talk!

We have Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, Campines and White Faced Black Spanish. We just got them this Spring, so no laying yet. It's pretty new to us, so no real chicken insight yet. THanks for the link, E.

Back to Baby Talk - Scarlet is just about sitting up, at least she doesn't go right into a face plant, but she does this sort of jump wiggle and she really cries when she can't get crawling. There she is, gotta go....
Old 09-19-2007, 08:00 AM

Abby is stiiting unassisted for 30 sec or so, but is a pro at rolling - she can get across the room in a few min - she just rolls! She is also cutting tooth #1, which doesn't seem to bother her except in the evening. At daycare she doesn't seem to notice it!

As for sharing rooms, we are in a 2 br condo now, but hope to get a 3-4 br house in the next year or two. I told Ari (4 yo) that she gets her own room, but she wants to share with Abby. We'll see how she feels in a few years!

On the "me" front, I have bronchitis : , but this is a challenging year for me teaching-wise, and I don't feel up to leaving plans for a sub because I know I'll come back to a mess. I'm already working several hours each evening so I'm not sure when I'd take care of righting everything. Just trying to hold on to sat and I'll get an appointment then. After hours care at my Dr's office is Thursday, but we have back-to-school night that night:

Chicken-talk: I'm fascinated - I just know that a chicken is a chicken. Hopefully someday I'll have land ect for chickens!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
We have Gold Lace Wyandottes and Buff Orpingtons. I think you should get chickens that have a flat-comb-my chicks froze their combs to their metal feeder on some below 0 days. My mom made a feeder cozy out of an old t-shirt. The Wyandottes are better layers and the Orpingtons are friedlier. We have a banty rooster. Banties lay tiny eggs. They all will scratch in your garden. So either don't have too many or get banties, less damage. Just my 2 cents. Also they don't lay as much after the 1st year, so you have know what you are going to do w them. I didn't get replacement pullets this year and my hens are down to only 1-2 eggs a day. We have 5 chickens after the coons got them this spring.
i totally agree about bantys... and when we had a banty rooster, it was a lot more agressive than any other rooster we've had. (maybe it's personality but our dominique and r.i. red roosters were rather nice)

ours are new hampshire wyandottes (i think, i'll have to check). and i also got some blue adrusians (??) but don't have much to say about them yet...they are still really young. our older hens are still laying alright but we've had some trouble with a fox that gets them during the day!!

i didn't know so many of you had chickens!! that's great.

arismom- hope you feel better fast! sounds like you are so busy...i can't imagine being sick too with everything you are doing!

Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Hey thanks E for the link! That's exactly what I'd want, and only a couple chickens, just enough for an egg or two a day. I"m not sure what kind, but thanks for the recommendations. I'd go with my fil to a fair probably, and buy a couple. I just like them pecking around the yard. We also have a golden retriever that keeps everything away. I would like to move towards homesteading, but then again, I absolutely am not gifted in the kitchen...and no, I certainly don't make my own currant jam! I do grow a fabulous garden though, and we make our own power! And, of course, we make great and beautiful kids too!
Funny to hear you say you love the city, doudat! But of course you do, and you actually look like you do! I've never actually been to montreal, shame on me, especially with a very french background: And Anika, I'm curious to know why you hate Abbotsford, I know so many people from there, and from what I've heard it's a great place to live. Maybe those people are super-mainstream, it's more an urban area? Surely you should be in good company in BC!, that's where all the hippies go! I grew up in very rural small-town Alberta, like, we're talking pick-ups, cowboy boots, grain elevators and irrigation ditches and feed lots. So I'm very at home in this romantic part of Ontario, and this country life it sweet and idyllic.
haha, first it was chicken talk, now it's Canada-talk. I'm pretty sure I'm alone on this one. Oh well, i love my country!

Tonight I'm going to LLL with two friends. Yay! Social life. We'll probably go to the beach this morning, it's still supposed to be 30 ish, and we want to enjoy it while it lasts!
off to embrace the sunshine....
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 AM

I don't post in here nearly as much as I'd like to! By the time I have read all of your posts, my time is up! So I have been keeping up with the discussion, just not posting!

Love your paintings, Queen! If you're up for it when we are ready, we'll definitely be on your waiting list of MDC commissions!

Kelsi--I am sorry to hear you are sick, AND trying to work through it--bleck! You know, if we don't hear about a reunion soon, we need to get together and introduce these little ones to one another!

On room sharing--I never had to (short of a few month stint while my parents were waiting on a house to be built) and I have kind of romanticized it a bit, I really do want our kids to share in the early years (3-8 or so). Part of me pictures 2 kids' rooms, 1 big sleeping room with 2 sets of bunks, and 1 huge play room. I don't think we'll actually do this, but I like to play with the idea! Of course, with the 3 year spacing we want, that would mean a 2,5,8,11 year old all in one room, that's not too realistic, huh? Maybe 2 sleeping rooms and 1 playroom? Hmmmm....

Us--Quinn is just past 5 months and is rolling over every chance he gets! Once he gets onto his tummy, he pushes up and lifts his head really high, smiles and laughs, then after about 1-2 minutes he starts kicking his legs furiously and screeching in unhappiness. I always have to go and roll him back to his back, he never does it on his own! I think he is desperate to crawl!

We are so frustrated about having to put off cloth diapering after 4 months of loving it! His diapers (hemp prefolds with a slim wool wrap, just moved up to the middle size) end up so binding on him, he just lays on his back like a plank! We have been using Seventh Generation disposables in the interim while we figure out what to do, and in those he pulls his feet up in the air, toward his mouth, grabs his toes, rolls onto his tummy, etc. In the cloth: plank (screaming plank!) We think this new size of prefold/covers will be okay when he gets a little bigger, so we are thinking about using gdiapers until then, we have gotten a ton of suggestions for switching cloth products, but we don't really want to start over as we just bought the new size in hemp/wool. I figure the g's will be nice to have around as backup/travel, etc. assuming we are able to go back to cloth in a couple months.

Oh, and after using disposables for almost a month, when I put cloth back on to see how they were fitting now, he got a terrible diaper rash after just 1 diaper! Grrr.....

I really want to post pictures, but I am so bad with that kind of stuff, let me see what I can do!

http://picasaweb.google.com/cjmose/Q...ey=TQqTjrfUcoU

I did it!!

Elizabeth
Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
And Anika, I'm curious to know why you hate Abbotsford, I know so many people from there, and from what I've heard it's a great place to live. Maybe those people are super-mainstream, it's more an urban area? Surely you should be in good company in BC!, that's where all the hippies go!
A
Well, I thought it was where all the hippies went too, but just not to abbotsford! I guess it's probably not bad, but I am currently stuck in the 'burbs with neighbours who I have nothing in common with. ( My last neighbour and I would chat while we hung our cds on the line and certainly everyone in my community bf and wore their babes and had homebirths-I think i really took for granted how "normal" all of that was in Guelph.) I am used to living downtown and now I live near a mall.
I got alot of looks while wearing arlo in the ergo at the grocery store last night.
There is really no culture here, no galleries or museums no festivals, no great restaraunts.
Anyway, I am feeling a little better about it this week than last week, I was just feeling like a fish out of water. Basically, I'm not living in my usual type of neighbourhood, so I'm going to have to venture out to make friends! It's all part of the adventure.
I want to be closer to vancouver and the ocean. So we are trying to get a place in white rock.
btw, i'm jealous of all you guys with chickens! maybe we'll find a place with some acreage...
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 09-19-2007, 03:49 PM

UGH! No chickens for me!! I don't like birds. This is crazy, coming from an animal lover like myself, but birds freak me out. Plus, they stink. I'll just buy free range eggs at the market.

So, hubby and I are at odds right now. I think he has a hard time respecting my role as a parent. He was letting Hannah chew on a piece of steak when I walked into the living room last night. When I screamed, he got defensive and said "What, it's not like she can get a piece off...it's just steak sauce and meat juices!!" : We had to go over the whole "I don't say these things to be a bitch...I say them because it's not healthy for her to eat certain things...etc. etc.." He flat out asked me how I knew it wasn't healthy for her to have steak. : I nearly punched him in the eyeball.

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 PM

firsttimepreggers- i actually had to laugh when i read that you hubby let her chew on steak...: i would be upset too...but for some reason it makes me laugh--maybe cause i could see my dh doing something like that (which would make me furious and i probably would punch him if he said that to stuff to me)

holiztic--stinks about the diapers...we are sort of in the same position--just switched prefolds (and got some shorter regulars from greenmountaindiapers.com which are great) but still too big. we also use the 7th gen...but i also have a few kissaluvs1 which work alright right now. haven't tried gdiapers--how are those?? cute pics!

Old 09-19-2007, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

as a side note we're still ahead

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

I was the slobby sibling - Me too! I shared a room with my older sister from when I turned 2 until I went off to college. Right after my freshman year she got married. She always cleaned the room because it drove her nuts. We had bunk beds. That way we each had that as our own space. I think it was a great preparation for dorm life. My dorm was bigger than my bedroom.

Speaking of sharing rooms: Claire's bed came yesterday. So now she sleeps in Maddie and Ellysia's room. M and E each have their own twin bed. Claire has a trundle that goes under E's. Last night was the first night. My parents had been over so the girls were still hyper from that. Then we finally got M and E settled down, but not until almost 10. Claire finally fell asleep at 11. Then she got up at 3 for her bottle. So she only got up once rather than twice a night like she has been doing now for weeks.

Sophia had a bad night. She woke up crying twice. I'm not sure if it was her tummy that was bothering her or her ears. She has a very runny nose and DH just called and said she has had 3 poopy diapers today which is unlike her.

So I'm a bit short on sleep. And I have to work tonight.

Queen: I love your style of painting! I don't have any birth pictures, but I have some maternity pictures. I know you don't necessarily like comissions, but if the picture was something that you liked woud it be a possibility? I realize that with your show coming up that you need to focus more on paintings that fit that more. Let me know.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:50 PM

We are a chatty group aren't we??!! I love reading these each day. I wonder where we will be in 5 years? We should plan a reunion, well maybe not a reunion, but a union. I don't think any of us have actually met yet??

Noah is peacefully napping. see my blog for pics. I don't like uploading to MDC. Too time-consuming. Are any of you looking at my blog...you don't have to read it, just check out our cute chubby-bubby!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
Kelsi--I am sorry to hear you are sick, AND trying to work through it--bleck! You know, if we don't hear about a reunion soon, we need to get together and introduce these little ones to one another!
Good idea! Maybe when I get better? I read Lorrie is pg, so she might not be up to a reunion right now.

Quinn is so cute! It is so cool to see pics of you guys after we haven't seen you in a long time, and we've never met Quinn

Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 PM

Firsttime - I'd be peaved too! Ask him what he knows about it!

KM - Glad you're back, I figured you'd doing a lot of harvesting now. We were out picking tomatoes and peppers today at a farm in our burg. I love when we can get local food.

Scarlet is finally asleep at, she hasn't been wanting to nap for long the last couple of days. I love her, but, geez, I need to put her down sometimes! It must be those darn teeth.

So I don't cloth diaper, : but use the 7th gens. However, I do wonder how you all get those poopy stains out of the dipes. Sometimes little Scarlet has a blowout. The last time I soaked the jammies, used stain stick, but still had to wash it twice. Any tips?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:19 PM

Kelsi and Elizabeth and Heather too, And anyone else thats near maryland at all, maybe we could all do a meet up? i think it could be a lot of fun maybe before it gets to cold we could do a park or something? just a thought!

Anyone else's baby hard to get down at night now? Caroline Slept thru the night for like 2 months, now she isn't which is ok except that she is getting hard to get to stay a sleep for a while at night and its driving me CRAZY! i swear i go back to her like every 5 minutes for more then an hour before shes is totally out, and thats with nursing for like 40 mintues then sneaking away cause shes not sucking anymore.... and forget about getting her down in the crib now!! ack

well i am really just venting i know that it will "fix" its self but i am just wanting my time tonight!!

Caroline had her check up on monday and she was 16 lbs 2 oz 26 inches!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 09-19-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
However, I do wonder how you all get those poopy stains out of the dipes. Sometimes little Scarlet has a blowout. The last time I soaked the jammies, used stain stick, but still had to wash it twice. Any tips?
I've been wondering too lol...I don't care that his dipes are stained but he keeps ruining his outfits!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Old 09-20-2007, 04:19 AM

MM I didn't look!!

Hannah has only had 2 blowouts her entire baby life...and that's when wearing sposies. I bleach all of my dipes, and the inserts are always bleached and rinsed 3 times. I don't have any stain problems.

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 09-20-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I do wonder how you all get those poopy stains out of the dipes. Sometimes little Scarlet has a blowout. The last time I soaked the jammies, used stain stick, but still had to wash it twice. Any tips?
With DD1 I had problems with stains, but now I live elsewhere and I have not-quite-full sun on my porch. I put the diaper in the sun in the am and usually the stains are gone at night. I can even leave them inside and they sun out through the window. It works a bit slower with clothes (2-3 days sometimes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Kelsi and Elizabeth and Heather too, And anyone else thats near maryland at all, maybe we could all do a meet up? i think it could be a lot of fun maybe before it gets to cold we could do a park or something? just a thought!
That would be nice! I know for me I would only be available on a weekend...

Quote:
Anyone else's baby hard to get down at night now? Caroline Slept thru the night for like 2 months, now she isn't which is ok except that she is getting hard to get to stay a sleep for a while at night and its driving me CRAZY! i swear i go back to her like every 5 minutes for more then an hour before shes is totally out, and thats with nursing for like 40 mintues then sneaking away cause shes not sucking anymore.... and forget about getting her down in the crib now!! ack
That is Abby too - especially since her tooth popped through. I have to get up early so I usually go to bed when I put her down, but it takes a lot longer and she is waking up at night to nurse again.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
The last time I soaked the jammies, used stain stick, but still had to wash it twice. Any tips?
sun it works wonders...and i usually have luck getting the stains out in a matter of hours. it also kills yeast---we dealt with a nasty yeast rash for many weeks.

and thanks! we have been busy canning...i have to can some more today before we head to maine for the Common Ground Fair. the college where i went (Green Mountain College) is bringing a food preservation class to our farmstead today, which will be fun.

after seeing your chick pics i think that our old rooster (who died last year at age 8) was a buff campine...he looked just like those! love the sleeping angel pic! so sweet.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I would love to get together with you all!

CD's- Do you have any concerns about getting the bleach out? My skin has always been very sensative so I'm being super careful with anything that comes in contact with the baby's skin.
Yeah- I wish I could just hang them but we share our backyard and I don't want anyone to complain to our landlord.

Oh- Johnny has finally decided to reverse cycle and my last day of work is next Saturday! : I wonder if he wil go back to sleeping?

Ughh...I am off to the regular doc for yucky swimer's ear and then off to the oral surgeon to get all 4 wisdom teeth out and I'm being such a baby
Old 09-20-2007, 10:46 AM

Lil-that stinks!!! Hope you recover quickly.

For stains, we use Bio-Kleen Bac-Out, I just spray it on a stain and through it in the diaper pail or clothes basket. Then if I still have a stain, I put it in full-sun. I don't have any stained dipes or clothes. The Bac-out works wonders! It is all-natural, enzyme action smells like limes. Sold at health food stores.

Kris-sounds like my idyllic life, how do you do it w LOs? Do you family helping out? CUTE pic of your boys!

MM-CUTE pics you have too! Love your chicken tractor! We have one too, it is 9' x 9' w a cattle panel arced over it and chicken wire on the sides, covered w a tarp. we also put a line of electric around the base, so we can leave them in overnight if we have to leave town. or come home late.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:54 AM

BIG NEWS!!! EVANGELINE JUST ROLLED OVER!!!!

YES! she did it! I just set her down on her belly, and she just rolled over, like, well, I think I'm going to do it today. here we go.

Well, actually she has rolled over on a slope before. I didnt' count that though.

So, last night I went to a different lll meeting with a friend. It was also great. The leader is a girl I've seen around and wanted to get to know because she looks cool. I'm so shallow.

Also, a quick note on commissions, if someone is seriously interested, yes, I'd be happy to do a commission, I just meant I usually don't like them because I don't like the subject. Sometimes the client can be a pain in the butt too, 'can you do this pic of me doing the jump on my horse, and change the background and make me look pretty?' or, 'paint my 2 dogs, and make them sit together from these 3 photos, and put them in a dream-like background and change the colour because the photo isn't right, and can you use green and blue to match my couch?' jk, but seriously. commissions are fine, they're the bread of a painters life...but it's so much better when it's a subject I WANT to do. I've actually never had a problem with a finished peice/client, even though I've painted a lot of portraits.
Ok, enough about me. good heavens.
EVANGELINE ROLLED OVER!
A

Old 09-20-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:

Just say where and when! My natural parenting group meets at Larriland farms to pick fruits/veggies sometimes, that's somewhat central location for many of us (on 70, west of 32). A park would also be great, I don't know the options other than here in Columbia, and wouldn't want you to come all that way!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
Just say where and when! My natural parenting group meets at Larriland farms to pick fruits/veggies sometimes, that's somewhat central location for many of us (on 70, west of 32). A park would also be great, I don't know the options other than here in Columbia, and wouldn't want you to come all that way!
hehe we will all have to brain storm on this! oh and my DH works in columbia so we don't think of it as all that far away

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 09-20-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Kris-sounds like my idyllic life, how do you do it w LOs? Do you family helping out? CUTE pic of your boys!
well, my dh does a lot! kaylo loves to help and zenon is an easy baby--he'll sit and watch me get things done. i def couldn't do as much if he wasn't so content. and i really didn't do much of the gardening this year (and dh expanded it to an acre even though we had just had zenon : ) i wish my fam could help but they are 1000 miles away (but my sister is coming out for a month in a week! i'm excited ) and thanks!

lil-good luck with the dental work--ooo, i hate that stuff. at least you'll be knocked out for the extraction-right??

Old 09-20-2007, 02:21 PM

Abby is fighting sleep also. We were up until 11:40 last night swaying & bouncing & nursing. Then she was up around 3am to nurse. She used to sleep all night too....ah well such is life. This too shall pass. It is 9am & she is still asleep, CRAZY! My dh thinks it could be teething, since she is also a little warm these last few nights.

We use the to get rid of diaper stains. It is seriously the best! I also use oxy in every diaper wash, about 3 scoops. I read to stay clear of bleach as it is to harsh on the fibers. First, have you had any problems???? Oh, after they are about 1/2 dry in the sun & stains gone, I do throw them in the dryer for the fluff....it makes them so much softer.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou

User Tag List