It's September! Calling all April 2007 mama's! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy September 1!

OK, so I get back from the grocery store and find DH looking at the oven. It.doesn't.work.

It won't heat above 250! Ummm, I promised the girls that they could back grandma's birthday cake today. So now I have had to deal with teary eyed girls too.

DH is running back to the grocery store to get a cake that we can decorate. That's not making them happy.

So I'm ovenless until next week when we buy one. DH thinks that maybe it can be fixed. I'm thinking new.

Happy long holiday weekend....

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 05:46 PM

September already, eeek!!
Too bad about your oven, hey a good reason for take-out though!! Ok, not that I ever need a reason... Unless laziness is a reason?

Quote:
Can baby face outwards w/ legs out in a mei tai?
Yep. We do it, we just need to narrow the body with a ribbon.
And now for some more good natured enabling, check the soon-to-be-released Pikkolo (Kewpie: it cinches at the bottom
http://catbirdbaby.blogspot.com/
I soooo want one!!! I'm gonna sell my Ergo, I don't like it anymore. I've grown fickle these past few days :
#3 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 05:51 PM

subbing
mclisa, that's stinks about the oven!!! You DESERVE a new one...don't let DH pull the whole "it can be fixed" thing. LOL jk Do your girls have an Easy Bake oven? Maybe you sould use that to bake the cake.

We're going to a bbq this afternoon and I'm excited about showing off my little girl. It's a bunch of people DH used to work with and probably a bunch of people I don't know, so you'd think I wouldn't be so eager to go. It's funny how fast my attitude about leaving the house has changed in a matter of a few months. I used to dread it with a passion. It just seemed impossible to leave the house with a new baby. The first time DH and I went out to eat after Scout was born, we had to take our food to go as soon as it came because she was crying inconsolably and thrashing around like crazy and fussing when I was trying to nurse her at the table. The whole event just felt embarrassing and I wondered if we'd ever be able to leave the house again. The old adage was true. It DOES get easier. Now, she doesn't mind the car as much and she is usually very laid back and easy to please. Phew!
#4 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 05:55 PM

ooo, i'd be lost without an oven for a week. but doudat has a good point-more reason for take-outs!

i feel the same way about zenon, kewpie-o... i dreaded going out a couple of months ago...he'd fuss and didn't like nursing when we were out (too much stimuli??). now it's a breeze and i like to "show him off" : it's kaylo that makes it hard now. we are well into the 3yo fits!! who would of thought that the baby would be the "easy" one?! anyone else dealing with rough toddler times?

happy september! (i can't believe august is done )

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#5 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
And now for some more good natured enabling, check the soon-to-be-released Pikkolo (Kewpie: it cinches at the bottom
I soooo want one!!! I'm gonna sell my Ergo, I don't like it anymore. I've grown fickle these past few days :
Thanks, doudat!! OH WOW! That carrier is so pretty and looks comfy too. How do I buy one? (not that I have the money right now : ) I went to the catbird baby site and just saw regular mei tais. Am I missing the pikkolos?
#6 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
check the soon-to-be-released Pikkolo (Kewpie: it cinches at the bottom
ooo, those look neat! and a hip strap too!--that's why i like the ergo.

#7 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:

Can you show a pic of the mei tai with a ribbon?? I am very interested in this....TIA
Sorry about the oven. It is 105 here so no oven cooking right now anyway. Even boiling gets the house to hot these days! I am sure ready for cooler temps!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#8 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 10:22 PM

hi guys!! my older girls are camping with grandparents! just 2 kids to night! tomorrow ds is staying with other grandma so then just baby!! maybe we will dtd.....haven't but once since we had caroline..isn't that just sad lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#9 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 11:43 PM

Hey guys
I didn't want this to happen. I thought today, oh no, there's going to be a September thread. Noooooooooo....
I want to see a photo of the ribbon-mei tai too. Although the girl is pretty cool with facing in now. She just knocks her doo doo out everytime she turns her head on my chest, though.
Very cute pikkolo's. Can't tempt me though. I'm in love with my babyhawk. I wore it for 3 hours yesterday and an hour today (with nursing breaks, longest duration ever) and if she's tired she conks right out. Yessss.
Kewpie-o, about the legs out in the sling, like a hip carry? Eva is only ok with it yet, I feel I have to hold her more than in a froggy-leg front position. But, that's mostly cutting off her circulation from the neck down...
My son has been an angel the last 2 days. Yesterday we went to a child-sized version of Canada's Wonderland....ok, say, Six Flags, and he had a blast. I even had fun, it was great. Then today we went to a rockin' 1 yr birthday party for a friend baby and I kinda think he stole the show. oops. I think it's the curls. They just suck you in like a drain tornado...

I'm getting really excited about my birth project painting series. I've got some really good 'submissions' from girls on here and I think it's going to be awesome. People have been really generous with sending their photos. I saw both girls who were sharing the show with me, and we're all feeling the pull, I really can't wait to get these darn commissions out of the way so I can get started on the life-size figures. I hope it goes great.
A
ps, I'm sorry mclisa about the stove breaking. what's a stove again??
:

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#10 of 441 Old 09-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
hi guys!! my older girls are camping with grandparents! just 2 kids to night! tomorrow ds is staying with other grandma so then just baby!! maybe we will dtd.....haven't but once since we had caroline..isn't that just sad lol

I wish you some lovin! :

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#11 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 12:13 AM

Oooh Queen, I want to send you a photo. Do you need anymore pics?
#12 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 12:22 AM

#13 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 12:28 AM

Hey everyone...
I cannot believe it's September. Yikes!
I am staying at my parents until the big day on Wednesday. The kids are having a blast. Finn especially loves it on the farm and it's so nice to be able to just let him run around all day.
I am glad to see my baby isn't the only one who hates facing in and I'm also not that fond of my Ergo for just that reason and now I wish I had gotten a mt.: I mean Arlo hates it in the Ergo unless he is about to nap and even then he puts up a fight about it. I have even tried him on my back and he hates that too. It sucks because it was a gift from my sisters, so I would feel kinda bad selling it. I don't know what I'm gonna do at the airport because I was planning on using it there and now I wish I had a MT that I could cinch with a ribbon!!
krismarie-I am dealing with a bit of a wild toddler too. Honestly, the baby is a piece of cake in comparison! In fact he just looks around all day while I chase after Finn trying to get him to listen to at least one thing I say.
On not leaving the house, it's never been the babe that kept me home, but just trying to keep my toddler in check is really draining. He's just sooooo busy all the time. I'm actually pretty nervous about taking them both on a plane...
Oh well, it'll be an experience,!
Happy September everyone!
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#14 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 12:33 AM

queen-I know I've said it before, but I really love your work...:
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#15 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
one more time than us!! maybe I should get the laundry out od the crib.....
#16 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 02:04 AM

Dumb question....can the crotch of the Ergo be cinched with a ribbon like a mei tai can in order to make it so the babe is front-facing?
#17 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
krismarie-I am dealing with a bit of a wild toddler too. Honestly, the baby is a piece of cake in comparison! In fact he just looks around all day while I chase after Finn trying to get him to listen to at least one thing I say.
A
Me three. And I have a poop factor, too. It's driving me crazy!!! Scarlet is quiet amongst the turmoil, I'm grateful for that.

I'm thinking I'll put a Mei Tai on my Christmas list... I like their fabrics.

When we moved into our house the oven didn't work. We bought an oven thermometor and used the gas grill as a makeshift oven, setting the flame to the temp we needed. It worked!
#18 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
A
Me three. And I have a poop-in the pants factor, too. It's driving me crazy!!! Scarlet is quiet amongst the turmoil, I'm grateful for that.

I'm thinking I'll put a Mei Tai on my Christmas list... I like their fabrics.

When we moved into our house the oven didn't work. We bought an oven thermometor and used the gas grill as a makeshift oven, setting the flame to the temp we needed. It worked!
#19 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happy September! Just subbing...

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#20 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
one more time than us!! maybe I should get the laundry out od the crib.....
hehehe i have to take the laundry out too! lol

#21 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 12:08 PM

I just got a MT made by a SAHM...can a baby face out in a MT? I thought they could only face toward you on back, hip and front. We have figured out a way to put Micah facing out in the ring sling -- I just have to be careful in allowing him to breathe -- if he rests on my hip, I can sinch the top rail under his armpits and make it snug everywhere else with his feet dangling.

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#22 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Do your girls have an Easy Bake oven? Maybe you sould use that to bake the cake.
I LOVE that idea!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#23 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
one more time than us!! :
you and UltimateSerj need to get busy!

#24 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Holy crap. Daniel fits into 6-12 month clothes. He truly is the Monster Baby.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#25 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
i know i but a 6-9 month on Caroline and it fit well!! but she has a while left in her 3-6 months

She was 15lbs 7 oz on monday!!

and yes i need to get busy but my dh doesn't want another baby and untill he gets a vas, and is done with all that we will be having a very crappy sex life!! ( his doing not mine!)

baby is waking up have a good day!

#26 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 03:44 PM

happy September!
#27 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 05:03 PM

Anyone else have a short napper? He goes down easy, but wakes right up 35 min later. I have been using NCSS techniques but to no avail. Is it developmental? Any ideas?
#28 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna sell my Ergo, I don't like it anymore. I've grown fickle these past few days :
nak

which ergo do you have? how old/worn? how much you want for it?
#29 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Anyone else have a short napper? He goes down easy, but wakes right up 35 min later. I have been using NCSS techniques but to no avail. Is it developmental? Any ideas?
kaylo was a short napper. seriously from birth until he was 2, he'd take the shortest naps and never seem to need much sleep in general. now he'll take a good 2 hour nap when he naps. not sure what NCSS is...what is it??

hopefully he'll start sleeping longer for you as he gets older.

#30 of 441 Old 09-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
you and UltimateSerj need to get busy!
you're right! I have to admit I'm a litle nervous about the posibility of having another baby (soon - I do want more eventually)!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Johnny is wearing 6-9 (6-12 for pants sometimes), but he also fits some 3-6. I can't wait to see how big he is at his 4mo appt. on Wednesday.

Is anyone elses baby starting to get panicky when you leave them room? Johnny is starting to do that and also cry when people hold him he doesn't know. I thought 4mos was a little young for that...

I just realized I can sign him up for swim lessons in 2mos!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page