June '07 mamas & babes~September! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 229 Old 09-01-2007, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heyla mamas!

The leaves are staring to turn and the breezes are cooling down! I loooooove autumn and it feels "right around the corner"!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 229 Old 09-01-2007, 09:36 PM

I'm jealous, I miss living in New England sooo much and would love to move back. I miss the fall and apple picking All we have down here in FL is gigantic bugs and loads of humidity!

Baths: Evan loves baths and Aiden hated them. I learned a few tricks to minimize stress during baths for DS1. I would first warm up the room and warm up a towel in the dryer. Then I'd get everything ready (including clothes and a diaper for after tub time) and bring him in. I'd immediately soak a cloth in warm water and place it over his belly to keep him warm during the bath. I'd wash his hair last because that made him cold. After I washed his hair I'd dry it quickly, scoop him up in the warm towel and hold him skin-to-skin and nurse him. It took me a long time and lots of crying on DS's part to come up with this system, but once I got it baths got better.

I broke down and bought some bigger shorts today. I got sick of wearing maternity shorts. They are 3 sizes bigger than my pre-preg size, I cannot believe that a measley 10 lbs would make me 3 sizes bigger!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#3 of 229 Old 09-01-2007, 10:13 PM

Hey there mama's I'm gonna join in the convo this month I've been spending so much tiime making dipes and taking care of the kids, I've gotten lazy about posting on MDC, but I miss ya'll, so here I am

Little Gabe (born 6/24) is getting sooo big, it kinda makes me sad! He is a good 15lbs., and much bigger than my girls were, although my step-daughter has always been quite big for her size. He is just the sweetest, snuggliest little guy EVER! Since he's been born I've really been able to slow down and take things a little less personal, I feel like I have really grown. We just have an amazing bond. Not that I didn't have a special bond with my girls, I don't know, maybe it's just cuz he's my last and I'm just soakin it all in, not taking it for granted... yeah that's it!

Well, it's great to be back!

LeeAnn )O( Earth mama treehugger.gif and mother to DD Leela (9), DSD Ari (9), DD Zen (7), DS Gabrael Riot (4!)
Self preservation is a full time occupation! namaste.gif

#4 of 229 Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 PM

Hi all...

Well my LO born on 6/23 is also growing out of control. He is around 23.5 inches and 12+pds... I now know what all my friends were talking about when they said thier kids grew too fast!

I am doing pretty good, am very happy, and feel like I am growing into a decent mom!

Hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!
~Steph
#5 of 229 Old 09-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Mab

wombat, look at me posting in the august thread. Thanks for redirecting me!

I'll repost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephNelson View Post
Ok for those of you who have more than one LO and have done all this before I have a question.

After you had your baby, when did your cycle start back up? When it did was it on the same day/s of the month as before your babe or did it pick a different time of the month to come? Was it worse amount, pms, cramp wise?

I know, lots of questions. My cycle started right at 6 weeks PP
With ds1, my cycles returned when he was 18 months old. They were lighter and..happier, hardly any pain, after a lifetime of excruciating pain during my periods before pregnancy. But I think , in my case, it was because when ds was born many thinks change in me, including a dramatic changing in my eating style (from a sugar addicted to a very natural veg- and sugar plays a huge role in crampyness), and also I took a whole new different approach to menstruation. I began honoring my cycle time, using cloth pads and feeling very in tune with all the woman thing. I'm convinced that helped lots, because years before my approach was the mainstream one, the ob advertisements one: this time is hell, let's do everything we can to get rid of it.

RE: the 6 week bleeding: this time with caetano, I bled postpartum for only 10 days and very, very lightly (I think my placenta smoothie after birth played this amazing role in my general physical and emotional wellbeing pp. I can't recommend doing it enough). I then had this 6 week bleeding thing also, and my midwife said it's called "little return" or something like that, but that it's not a return of the cycle but a little pp thing. ds is almost 8 weeks old so I'll tell in a few weeks but I think she was right, it didn't feel like af.

Baths:

I have a question for you all: do your little ones like being bathed? Caetano HATES it. he's the most peaceful baby in the world all day long except when we give him a bath, when he screams bloody murder. I don't give him a bath that often now because I hate the situation . Any tips?

--------------------------------------
Wombat: I'll try the spray thing. And Jillian, I liked the warm cloth on belly idea. Hope these things help!! thank you both
#6 of 229 Old 09-01-2007, 11:41 PM

I told you guys that I had "bleeding" at 6 weeks, right? Well here I am really freaking tired, bloated, etc.... I did not bleed again...

YES you guessed it I tested and I am PREGNANT :

Is this possible... A line is a line right? Maybe the test was wrong? I am going to re=test in the AM.

My babe is only 10 weeks today! If this test is right I have no idea how I will handle two...

I am really freaking out here...
#7 of 229 Old 09-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Steph: Wow! I hate to say it but a line is a line and it isn't too common to test positive when you're not preg. What kind of test did you use? Congrats mama!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#8 of 229 Old 09-01-2007, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

OMG is right... I hope things work out for you...holy fertily batman! Huge hugs mama.

My dad and his brother are 11.5 months apart, and DH's best friends are 13mo apart. So it happens....oh geez, hang in there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#9 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 12:06 AM

Jillian: I took a dollar store test and got two nicely dark lines

I am not sure how I feel about this, I am shocked and scared!
#10 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 12:08 AM

Thanks Wombat, I will update in the morning after I take the other one I bought with FMU.
#11 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 01:32 AM

oh man. the reality of fertility!!!

bjorn is 12 weeks and 16 pounds 12 ounzes, 26 inches long. he is a heavy dude! he smiles all the time- my cheeks are often sore from smiling along with him so much! his favorite things are: fans, sucking on apple cores, his brothers and sister, the carseat (?), and trees.

we're doing well. trying to sit with the "is this my last baby?" question and all that it involves.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#12 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 03:00 AM

Wow Steph! That is amazing. Ok...this is a little embarrassing... we haven't even had sex yet! My little guy will be 3 months on the 6th. I have NO desire. I was the same way with dd. It took me almost a year to get back into our regular pattern. Thats about when my cycle returned as well. I was starting to think I should maybe take one for the team...but hearing you are pregnant, maybe I will hold out just a wee bit longer. My husband hasn't cumbusted yet...

Sean is now 25 inches long and 16 lbs. Here he is...
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...s/100_1193.jpg
I go back to work after Labor Day so I am savoring this last weekend at home. It will be less hours than when dd was a newborn, so at least I can be happy about that. (7:30-12:30) He will be across the street from where I work so I'll be able to nurse him at 10 a.m... hopefully keeping the bottles of EBM to a minimum....

Mom to :, , and :
#13 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 03:01 AM

Quote:
YES you guessed it I tested and I am PREGNANT :
wow!!! congratulations!!! keep us posted.

my dd is getting big too!! though from reading this thread i guess she could be even bigger. she's 10.5 weks and over 11-lbs now!! and i can't believe how fast it's going the third time around.

she actually likes her bath and i'll put her in there when she's fussy. but we used to have to make the room really warm for dd2. she hated being cold.

does anyone else have a baby who can roll one way but not the other? lucy figured out how to roll from her back to her tummy, but then she gets mad because "someone" put her on her tummy and she can't figure out how to get off her tummy. i wonder if/when she'll be able to roll tummy to back. i thought they were supposed to go that way first?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
we're doing well. trying to sit with the "is this my last baby?" question and all that it involves.
i'm 99.9% sure lucy is our last, yet it makes me sad. i think the last baby would always make me feel sad even if we had more kiddos. it's hard to think we'll never have another newborn in our family, but there is also so much about three girls that feels "right". it's not always an easy decision though is it?

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#14 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 03:03 AM

Mataji4! I see you are in Ashland. I grew up in Grants Pass! Folks still live there. Sure wish I could move back...

... sorry for the off topic post...

#15 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 08:25 AM

Well it is 5 am here and I have tested again using my First Morning and the results are the same, they just happened a bit faster due to more hormones in the urine...

I still am having trouble believing this... What am I going to do!!!
#16 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Well it is 5 am here and I have tested again using my First Morning and the results are the same, they just happened a bit faster due to more hormones in the urine...

I still am having trouble believing this... What am I going to do!!!
You're going to get in a hot shower and have a cry, and then sit down and take a few deep breaths. Get a mug of tea and call the most supportive person you know and celebrate the news. Then take a walk to clear your head and post on MDC. And call your care provider on Tuesday. Repeat as necessary.

*Hugs* mama. You'll make it!

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#17 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 10:02 AM

Congratulations Steph

I agree - take a deep breathe and laugh.

I was in a similar situation last September - one fun night (first time since birth of #3) and one positive preggo four days after I went back to work. The babe was 9 months old so a bit different. Sean is our little man - well loved, not well planned as I always tell people when they do a double take.

I was shocked and in tears - it wasn't what I wanted right then. We did want a fourth but hadn't talked about timing.

However, as a HUGE positive, having kiddos close in age is awesome. I have four - the eldest is just over five years older (by about 3 weeks) then Sean (#4) - we have so much fun. So the other spacings are 21 months, 22 months and 17 months apart so very close. I would so encourage anyone thinking about having more than 1 to have them as close together as possible - the kids have so much fun and I actually think it is so much easier than having a larger spacing. My sister has babes 14 months apart - and they are so close and play so well together.

Also don't ever think about taking away Eric's babyhood - I am convinced the kiddos are so happy to have a sibling with similar interests.

You will do just fine - just get ready for the odd comments from bypassers. Everyone has a view - but most are just happy to see another little baby!
#18 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 10:05 AM

Sorry - meant to say Perrin but it won't let me go back and change it.

Congrats again. (I think the spacing is awesome - the kiddos will be so close and you will have so much fun!)
#19 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Hugs mama... I agree. A nice shower or bath, a good cry, a mug of something warm, breath find an online supplier of the Mamas Milk II (for pregnant nursing mamas...there's also a WAH mdc mama who makes a similar tea), breath, hug your loved ones, take a walk, breath, call your care provider and figure out what sort of body loving supplements would help the most, deep breath...

We're here for you and of course, there's a whole brand shiny new DDC waiting to help you as well! I think babes close in age can be a real blessing...the pregnancy can be tougher and the first year when they are both little little can be hard but then you have built in playmates and friends with the same interests forever!

Huge hugs mama...this is a real adventure!

(and yeah...I'm under doctor's order to avoid DTD till Christmas-ish, but it took probably 3-4 months after dd before I would even consider DTD, and I didn't really get my libido back till around a year. I have some fun books though... "I'm too sexy for my volvo", "The Hot Mama guide", etc)

#20 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 12:06 PM

Steph, oh my goodness! But think of how close friends your little ones will have the chance to be. Much closer interests, and all the diapers out of the way faster.

That said though, HUGS!!!! I highly support the tea, shower, deep breaths, and a good friend suggestions. It all works out in the end, just the way it's supposed to. Always. Please keep us posted.
#21 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 12:20 PM

Steph: It is going to be ok. I know you feel scared and overwhelmed right now but I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and it appears that you were meant to have two babies close in age. You can do it mama, and we're all here if you need to vent or cry. Have you told your DH yet? How does he feel?

Jenny: We are battling the "is this our last baby?" question too. We both feel like we might want another but the risk of another heart defect baby scares us to death. It makes me appreciate each of Evan's days because I know I may never be able to cuddle and nurse another newborn again.

We haven't even dtd yet either DH is about ready to kill me : I'm just not feeling it.

#22 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 05:08 PM

Oh my Steph! Congrats though! It'll be hard but 2 little ones are fun. I'm glad I had my two close together (22mo). Boy I don't want anymore though. You ladies are awesome to have so many. I have a girl and a boy 22 mo apart and I do believe I am very much DONE! DH is planning on getting a vas soon. I got a migraine the other wkend though and it made me nauseous. Somewhere in the back of my head the thought hit "Am I pregnant?" I almost lost it. I can't do another right now. 2 under 2 is okay but 3 under 3? Yikes! It was just a sinus infection though.

DS is sooo adorable. He's mommy's baby. He's getting so big already. I've been busy chasing after 2 but its starting to calm down some now. I'm so glad I have my precious little boy now. Although the second one has made me hit supermom mode. My friends and family are picking on me b/c I've become so "domestic". I've been sewing cloth diapers and wipes, making at home cleaners, cooking, crocheting, everything. Its great though.

How do you post the pics? I can't seem to figure it out and I wanted to show off my baby.
#23 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 05:19 PM

oh my goodness Steph! hugs to you and congratulations. keep us posted.

SO glad to hear others have low libidos - we haven't dtd either, just for lack of interest really. It's actually on our to-do list, how sad is that?! To think it was a year ago next week that I conceived!
#24 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 05:46 PM

It hit me that, like roc_dr said, I got pregnant a year ago. What a year! I'm joining wholeheartedly on the no-libdo bandwagon. Just...no. No desire. How strange to balance that with still finding my DH so attractive though. Also trying to balance that with a strong desire to start trying for another babe. I know that's crazy for us right now. It'd be terrible timing and this first pregnancy already threw off a great many hopes and plans. Not that we mind, but still. I'd really like DH to get to finish school without even more complications.

Owen continues to grow like mad. I don't know if this weekend was a second three month growth spurt, or if he's just making up for having "daddy milk" (BM in a bottle) three days this week. He's been eating like mad since Friday. He's also turned suddenly and ferociously into a cat napper. What happened to his lovely 2-3 hour naps? After his waking up every 1-1.5 hours all night for the last two nights, it's been really hard. I begged him, asleep in the bed last night, for a 2 hour stretch. Just 2 hours!! No luck. Oh well, time to make another cup of tea I guess.

On the fun news front, this boy can laugh! Absolute hysterical laughter that makes everyone in the room double over with laughter as well. He's so pleased with himself, and pleased that he can make other people smile as well. Combine this with the loudest shriek of happiness, and I no longer have a quiet little boy. It's all fun, but with the shriek, it can be hard to tell if he's happy or mad. He's also so, so, so close to rolling from his back to his belly. Only when diaper-less though. He learned belly to back at 3 weeks, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at back to belly at 3 months. Time to bolt the bookcases to the walls, here he comes!
#25 of 229 Old 09-02-2007, 08:12 PM

Hug, hug hug, hug, and a zillion more for you STEPH! Wow, I agree with Jilian that all things happen for a reason and you may not know the reason now, but lets hope that eventually you find out why. Hang in there, you are becoming one strong woman!

Jolie is also growing so fast, she has started to giggle when I tickle her a bit, and boy oh boy does she like to talk, yak, yak, yak all the time. She is always smiling and trying to get my attention with those big beautiful smiles and bright blue eyes, Oh Heaven!: However...she is so interested in whatever is going on around her that she would rather talk and watch her surroundings than eat! I am getting a bit annoyed because I am engorged and can hardly get her to sit for a good feeding, not even to go down for a nap, interestingly she enjoys being put down to fall asleep on her own and will stay awake if I hold/nurse her. I am going to start pumping and letting DH give her a bottle more often so she can look around and eat at the same time. I tend to get a lot of anxiety when I am full of milk and she won't take it, I think it must be a build up of the hormones too. I don't think I give her enough floor time/tummy time, I sling her and hold her quite a bit and she is only just now starting to roll from back to side to belly, but gets her hand stuck under her and can't get them out so gets frustrated. I guess I am still thinking of her as "too little to roll over", kind of my way of holding onto what I KNOW will be my last baby. I am really, REALLY done, although I am very much taking in all her baby goodness so I don't forget a moment of it. There is nothing like a baby, I know when I am a lot older and my kids are out of the house, I am going to be the old lady trying to get a good smell of all the babies heads that I see. Well I am going to go pump, DD is asleep and I am tired of putting her on the breast and only getting her to eat a small snack and decide she is done.

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#26 of 229 Old 09-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Mab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Steph: I know you feel scared and overwhelmed right now but I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and it appears that you were meant to have two babies close in age. You can do it
: Hugs Steph!!!! Let this overwhelming feeling be and then thinks will be ok. This two little people chose you for be their mama right now, trust them. You're gonna be fine. We are here for you!
#27 of 229 Old 09-03-2007, 06:29 PM

Steph

My heart truely goes out to you. What a shocker. I do agree with the previous posts in believing that everything happens for a reason and if not already, you will find the blessings in this pregnancy. I almost cried when I read your post because I have been sooo afraid of getting pregnant again right away. Even to the point of having a nightmarish dream about it. I think about it at least 20 times a day. So I can only imagine what you are going through. Hopefully you will have the support you need from everyone in your life right now.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#28 of 229 Old 09-04-2007, 12:09 AM

more congratulations, hugs and warm wishes to you steph...

i love seeing all the beautiful baby pictures. it's amazing to think that it wasn't too long ago we were all posting pix of our bellies - time is really flying!

carina also rolls from back to belly but not the other way. she's super smiley and chatty too. i can't believe how much i love her. we've got a good bedtime routine going (she loves the bath and mini rubdown) and she's been sleeping really well (knock wood - watch her wake up every hour now that i typed that).

today i accidentally knocked her on the forehead when i was trying to unsnap my bra (damn those tough bravado closures). she cried for almost ten minutes and i felt so bad.

my ds starts kindergarten tomorrow and he's not too happy about it. until now he's been at the same daycare since he was 7 months old and he knows everyone and they all adore him. i know it will be okay and he'll make friends and everything but does feel kind of heartbreaking to send him out there into the world. i don't know - it feels big.

dp and i aren't getting along so great - nothing dramatic, just kind of blah. he's being withdrawn and negative and i don't really have the energy to figure it out and work it out and do everything else. we dtd once since carina was born which was good but we probably need to be doing it more to get ourselves back on track. so romantic, huh?

i still haven't lost any weight - maybe 1 pound. i decided to only weigh myself once/week cuz i'm making myself crazy with the scale. nothing fits me (maternity too big and everything else is way too small) and as the weather changes i'm going to have to buy some clothes. i guess wrap skirts are going to be my signature look this fall.

last but not least, i don't know how many of you are in or around nyc but there's going to be a Nurse-Out at Applebee's (50th and b'way) this saturday (the 8th) from 12-1. check out the thread if you want more info:http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=741515

XO
v
#29 of 229 Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 AM

Steph -- Still thinking of you.

BrittanyScott -- to post a picture, you have to upload it to a photo share website, like photobucket (you can get an account for free), and then post the link to that picture in your post. Hope you can get it to work. I love looking at baby pics.

As for rolling...nothing here yet. I may be guilty of not giving him enough floor time though. He is constantly in my arms, sling, or with other adoring family members. I guess its time to dust off the baby blankets and put him down to play tomorrow. He does this funny arm waving and leg pumping like crazy. Like he is trying to run. But no hint of rolling. I tried to help him, and he looked at me like I was crazy. "Why would I want to do that, Mom?" Maybe its hard for him being such a little chunkster.

Bad mama confession... After a crazy day at the in-laws, my daughter started acting out on the car ride home and hit our baby several times before I could stop her. He was more scared than hurt, although his scalp got scratched and there was a tiny pin point of blood. I completely lost it and yelled soooo loud at dd. I was in tears. I could not believe she was hitting her innocent baby brother for no reason!! : I wish I could separate their car seats, but the rear facing one only fits in the middle. I told my husband we either had to buy a new car, or ds and dd are taking separate cars until this stage passes. I feel horrible about yelling. I think that scared my ds more than the actual hitting.

Even after all of that, I still think about having more kids. I never dreamed I would have more than 2. In fact, #1 is such a challenge, we almost didn't try for #2, but now I can't imagine stopping. I think I will have another baby, and that comforts me for some reason.

#30 of 229 Old 09-04-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdInAZ View Post
As for rolling...nothing here yet. I may be guilty of not giving him enough floor time though. He is constantly in my arms, sling, or with other adoring family members. I guess its time to dust off the baby blankets and put him down to play tomorrow. He does this funny arm waving and leg pumping like crazy. Like he is trying to run. But no hint of rolling. I tried to help him, and he looked at me like I was crazy. "Why would I want to do that, Mom?" Maybe its hard for him being such a little chunkster.
Ash isn't rolling yet, either - he's bound and determined to move FORWARD, but he has no interest in going from one side to the other. At this rate, I'm convinced he'll crawl wicked early, and roll sometime after that.

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page