I Love My Sling!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-17-2003, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:bf

DS is 4 weeks old and not until this week did we get the sling down. I was so heartbroken in the beginning . . . I bought a Rebozo knowing that it would take longer to get the hang of than the Slings w' Rings, but feeling like it was better for me anyway. I always needed dh's help and baby only liked it while sleeping, but would scream bloody murder the moment he woke up . . . Anyway, just this week I got used to adjusting it on my own and he got used to it now that I get it to fit better/put him in better positions. I just am so overwhelmed to finally be able to *get things done!!* and also to be able to not have to lay him down every time he's asleep (therefore waking him back up: )

And of course, it is so nice to get out of the house plus it's great to get all the from strangers when they see my peaceful happy boy in our beautiful sling.

I LOVE MY SLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#2 of 3 Old 07-18-2003, 12:27 AM

I personally think that slings are the one item that every new mother should have. Doesn't matter what kind as long as mom and baby like it. Having use of two arms feels so good.
#3 of 3 Old 07-19-2003, 09:39 PM

My ds is just a few days old and I am borrowing my sil's sling. it is big and bulky and has two rings for adjusting. I haven't really figured it out yet (sil lives too far away to demonstrate). Are their more streamlined options? I think I am going to go to LaLeche and see if anyone there can show me how to nurse in this thing. I have heard so many people rave about them that I really want to make it work.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page