gift for new mom? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-17-2003, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey,

since you are mostly new mothers....................and my youngest is 2.........................and most of you nursed.........

i want to send my friend pizza one day after she is home from hospital with baby.,

is that a bad idea if you are nursing?

i dont want to do anything to interupt it.

well, actually she is pumping, but i do not want to cause collic or something..................

any other food i could send that might be better?

I think chinese delivers!?

thanks
#2 of 12 Old 07-17-2003, 09:11 PM

i think that would be awesome! some babies do have dairy issues, but that usually isn't identified for a few weeks (i think).
i would have loved it if someone sent me a pizza.
#3 of 12 Old 07-17-2003, 09:13 PM

How awesome of you, Sleepies! You rock.

#4 of 12 Old 07-17-2003, 09:58 PM

I wouldn't send pizza - my baby had issues with cheese from day one. And that's what I sent my husband out for from the hospital the day she was born.:

Go for the chinese!

Just wanted to add that food delivered to the house was one of the best things friends did for us after the birth - well, it's hard to compete with mom doing all the laundry and dishes and sis scrubbing out the tub every day so I could take a sitz bath.
#5 of 12 Old 07-17-2003, 11:22 PM

What a thoughtful friend you are! My baby also has issues with dairy so maybe a pizza wouldn't be a good idea. Chinese or maybe something you homecook? Your friend is lucky to have you!
#6 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 09:11 PM

where were you when my baby was born?
#7 of 12 Old 07-19-2003, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have some friend who have faithfully brought us Pizza, Coke and Oreos ater each of our children were born. We love them

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#8 of 12 Old 07-19-2003, 04:08 AM

You are a cool friend! I would find out what she loves but can't have during pg! I had gest diabetes, so had to cut out so many yummies. I would have loved a big bowl of chow mein! What ever you do don't tell her what you didn't get her because she bfing. My best friend's mom, bless her heart, kept telling me when she didn't give me chocolate- which didn't bother my baby- Because it made her daughter so sick when she was bfing. She's such a sweetheart, but did I have to keep hearing about it? meanwhile I ate her daughters' chocolates!
#9 of 12 Old 07-19-2003, 02:26 PM

I think whatever the momma love is what you should send. I'd love pizza. But even if it is sub sandwichs.

Hey just sending food is a cool thing.

I'd not worry about the whole dairy thing. Yes it can be an issue; my youngest nephew is having that issue right now -- BUT 1) you don't know, so why worry 2) don't go looking for trouble 3) don't make the momma scared or worried "oh I didn't give you this cause....." then she is gulity about a glass of milk herself.

Some babys have that issue but % wise most dont't.

Whatever you do; pizza, coke, chips, ...... I'd vote for "junk food" she isn't likely to ask hubby to bring her.

My thoughts.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#10 of 12 Old 07-20-2003, 11:42 PM

You go girl...I think your idea is EXCELLANT. Might I also suggest you send a HUGE fruit basket or something too...it's nice and nutricious and she can snack on the fruit for more than just a day.
If you decide against the food, I'd hire a housecleaning company to come and do some of the chores.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be MUCH APRECIATED.

#11 of 12 Old 07-20-2003, 11:57 PM

i would send the pizza. joe had no problems w/ ANYTHING i ate, most babies don't. if your friend hasn't mentioned trouble specifically to you, i bet anything'd be fine!

love, jenny
#12 of 12 Old 07-21-2003, 12:00 AM

I agree with above posts - find out what mama likes best and send that over.

Personally, I would just LOVE to get a pizza delivered to my home after having my baby.

~~~Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...you've got to run like a lamb queen out of control~~~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page