hit head now has indention - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds (13 months) hit his head on the corner of the wall 2 weeks ago. now he has a little indention on his forehead that looks like a dimple. should he see a dr?
#2 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My dd has one kinda like that on her forehead. I think I asked the doc about it once and he didn't seem concerned. I wouldn't worry, but maybe ask the doc at your next visit.

Andrea mommy to G(2/97), S : (1/04), E & J (7/07)
#3 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 04:13 PM

I think all of mine, at some point, have done something like that. I've always treated it with arnica gel and pellets, and left it alone. We joked that my 3rd child needed a padded helmet, she was so prone to knocking her head on hard objects.

Seriously, does your child seem to be bothered, or to be in any way damaged (beyond cosmetic) by the bump on his head? If not, the indent will probably fade with time, and I would leave it alone.
#4 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 04:34 PM

I vote for having a dr take a look. My sister hit her head as a toddler and still has the dent (on her forehead). My parents didn't have insurance so they never took her in and now she's 25 and finds it very frustrating since she feels self-conscious about it. She's not a vain person or anything, it's just a very obvious dent.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#5 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 04:38 PM

ok, but what will a dr. DO about a dent in a head? Really, there isn't much to be done to undo a dent, short of reconstructive surgery. Unless there is suspicion of a closed head trauma, there isn't much to be done at this point.
#6 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

I was just worried that if there is a dent could there be damage. not worried about a tiny little dent.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page