July 2007 mama's....lets chat :-) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 138 Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
Erika~ breastfed babies space their poops out around this age AND your body will start to regulate your supply now. So your breasts won't feel as full, you may even feel like you are empty but you aren't. If you are concerned with your supply try eating a little oatmeal in the morning.
:
nic you took the words right outta my mouth
#62 of 138 Old 09-19-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddysMama View Post
ok i have to share.
last night Niamh was nursing and i was half asleep as i always am while she nurses in her sleep, i woke up this moring with a HUGE purple hickey half on half off my areola. apparently she had unlatched and then latched herself on to my prectios tender skin instead of the ipple and i didnt realize it.

so, YAY for hickies.
heehee Elu pulled that trick last week!
serious purple nurple. it hurt for a few
days but it was kinda funny.

i havent gotten on a scale since i was
still pregnant. i suspect im back to my
pre pregnant weight, with extra skin in
place of the muscles that i once had from
farming. i fit into my pants, but now that
i have boobs (a new thing for me!) i dont
fit in any of my shirts.

im pretty small and finding it hard to eat
enough. and when i do its always with one
hand or rushed. its getting easier though,
i dont think ill waste away.

but enough about me, id much rather
talk about my awesome kid! hes getting
nice and fat, i already had to put away his
smallest clothes. my family is bothering me
less to take him to a doctor (for no reason
other than hes never been) now that theyve
seen pictures of how good he looks.

its so awesome when he laughs! sometimes
i want to wake him up to play with him when
hes taking a nap! hes been making all these
cool sounds and he likes to listen to people
talk to him.

i want to write up my birth story too, i just
havent gotten around to doing it. i kept a
daily journal for the last six years or so, but
now i sometimes go for a week without writing,
and i feel kind of guilty about it because i havent
even written down things like the first time he
rolled over or smiled. my mom kept really neat
baby books for me and my sibs, and i wished i
could do that for my kid.

he calls for his boob now...
laters :]

**-wendy, mama to elu!(8/1/07): **
#63 of 138 Old 09-19-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitobamama View Post
:
nic you took the words right outta my mouth
great minds mama!

I'm sitting here holding my pretty girlie. She just got out of her weekly bath. She's sleeping because of how much she cries when she's being washed, I don't know what to do to ease the trauma for her. I already get in with her and hold her, talk to her.. etc. So anyway she's passed out on my lap. She nursed GREAT today, I guess she always nurses great but this was just in a more predictable pattern and more what I am used to.

Today was Aidan's birthday, he's 6 and we had a great day. I was up early, made muffins, did the dishes and frosted his cake before he woke. I took pictures of his big day and what he did, I'll probably post a link to the slideshow if I make one. I also made a huge dinner (the first time I've really cooked since Sage was born >.>) which everybody loved!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#64 of 138 Old 09-20-2007, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel L View Post

We love Carters onesies because they tend to go long. With my long chunk and long skinny (Benji), they worked great.
: my 2.5 year old has a short torse and wears 12 month carters onsies!

Nic- Thanx! i'm new to the exclusivly breastfeeding thing so i just don't know these things! : but i'm slowly learning!

i would just like to say i am in LOVE with my pouch sling!
#65 of 138 Old 09-20-2007, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
She just got out of her weekly bath. She's sleeping because of how much she cries when she's being washed, I don't know what to do to ease the trauma for her. I already get in with her and hold her, talk to her.. etc.
Our little one used to scream in baths a lot too. Then my stepmother told us to swaddle him in a receiving blanket and lower him into the water in that, then slowly unwrap him as he got used to the water. WHAT a difference. It only took two baths with us doing this for him to get used to being in the bath, and now he loves bathtime and the receiving blanket trick is no longer necessary!
#66 of 138 Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo_sue View Post
Our little one used to scream in baths a lot too. Then my stepmother told us to swaddle him in a receiving blanket and lower him into the water in that, then slowly unwrap him as he got used to the water. WHAT a difference. It only took two baths with us doing this for him to get used to being in the bath, and now he loves bathtime and the receiving blanket trick is no longer necessary!
Thanks, I'm going to try this!
#67 of 138 Old 09-20-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo_sue View Post
Awesome, thanks for the advice!

Erika~ no worries mama.. that's what we are here for.

#68 of 138 Old 09-20-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaClara View Post
I can't ever really pump, but Gianna nurses like there's no tomorrow, so I guess that there's no huge reason to pump for now!
Nope! FWIW, my last two kids never had a bottle (and they weaned at 17 months and 2.5 years). So far, Jake hasn't either. Pumping is such a huge hassle - I won't do it unless there is a reason to!
#69 of 138 Old 09-20-2007, 10:14 PM

great idea about swaddling for the bath... i tend to lower her in slowly i let her feet get used to the water then slowly her bum then lie her down yk
yesterday she waas pretty fussy and i so need to get some stuff done so I put her baby bath on the kitchen table and she splashed and cood for almost 25 minutes. I got to unload the dishwasher and load it do the pots and pans and get supper on!
happy birthday aidan!!!
We have been having some tough times around here, dealing with a 13 year old rebel is so not fun! Let's see in the last few days she has been caught skipping school twice, the cops showed up at my door cuz she did a dine and dash, and we are dealing with a creepy 17 year old boyfriend.... can you say STRESS!!! so emersyn has been a bit fussy with all the stress going on!
#70 of 138 Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 PM

Hi there everyone! Good to find this thread.

My little 10 week old, Kieran is teething too! Not only that, I can see the front bottom teeth poking through. My mama said I got teeth at 3 months, but 10 weeks!

Kieran is such a sweetie, pretty easy going and mellow but a bit sensitive. I'm just trying to give him as much love as possible while chasing my wild child, 2.5 year old Milo. I've seriously wondered what I was thinking having them that close. I know it will pay off though when they are a bit older (right?)

Milo was a pretty slim baby so I'm thrilled that Kieran is chunking up and promises to be a fatty. I love the rolls. He was 13 lbs at 7 weeks, up from just over 8.

Nic got it right with the breastfeeding/empty feeling advice. I'd also say to watch dipes, listen for swallowing. You'll know if your baby isn't getting enough, don't count on how your boobies feel but watch your baby. If you are having supply issues, I really recommend Goat's rue tincture and Fenugreek tea. Worked well for me with my first in the early weeks.

I'm still engorged a lot but I think that is really due to tandeming. DS1 nurses a lot still, but doesn't night nurse so I wake up bursting. He went camping with his papa one weekend too and I pumped 20 oz just to be comfortable while he was gone. Just found someone to give it to, a great mama who adopted in May. That is great you have a steady donor, Tiffany. It is so great to hear how you BFAR mamas are putting in the extra efforts and having some success!

I haven't written my birth story yet either, but I got about half way there the other day. For me it is just having no time with a toddler and a new baby.
#71 of 138 Old 09-21-2007, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

i was going to post an update but i hear my toddler waking up....i'll be back tonight!
#72 of 138 Old 09-21-2007, 05:05 PM

So I'm seriously thinking about getting some sort of "thing" to put Schuley down in/on occasionally. I have made it through three babies without a swing or vibrating thing or seat.. but there are times when I just absolutely need to get things done but she's not grooving to just lying on the couch or in her car seat (she really dislikes that)....Does anyone have any suggestions?

A funny weight story:

I don't have a scale at home, so i weighed myself when i was at my sisters about a week after birth. We were in a hotel a few days ago and there was a scale in the exercise room... so I hop on it and stand there feeling confused. I weigh alot more than I expected...but i'm wearing pre-pregnancy pants....very confusing. So I wander around for a minute then.....hand my 11 lb dd over to dh and try the scale again....
phew.
#73 of 138 Old 09-21-2007, 05:48 PM

I wish I could say I could live without the swing, but omg it's a lifesaver. It's the only way I get showered - nothing else sustains his attention/keeps him napping during the day (except slinging) and sometimes... I just need to get things done without him in the sling.
#74 of 138 Old 09-21-2007, 05:55 PM

I've got a bouncy and a portable swing... she doesn't really like either but will sit in them for Ohh maybe 5 minutes at a time sometimes longer. I use them for when I need to shower and on occasion when I'm doing the dishes and she's up or when I'm cooking and I am moving around hot things. We've also got a portable crib or a pack and play, Sage naps in there for her good naps of the day. My back is so sore I can't feasibly carry her 24/7 yanno? I do hold her all the time though and sometimes even when she's sleeping because I love the look of peace on her face.

#75 of 138 Old 09-21-2007, 09:55 PM

Ok Nic, I'm dying to know if the kimono sweater ever fit her or if it was too small. I remember it being soooooooo itsy bitsy.....

And btw, happy birthday to Aidan! We havent chatted in what seems like ages!!
#76 of 138 Old 09-22-2007, 01:44 AM

hi Bethany!! I've missed you! I need to try it on her yet. When I do I will snap a pic. She is a big baby BUT still fits in some newborn stuff so it will probably fit just fine. It's been sooo warm here. I wanted to tell you, even if her sweater doesn't fit I'm putting it in "her" box of keepsakes. It's so special to me. :

#77 of 138 Old 09-22-2007, 10:30 AM

Bella would not calm down for anything last night. We had a very rough day with Benji, and I think it really messed her up. She was swaddled, changed, fed, and held, and that usually does the trick. Out of ideas, I put her in the swing, and she was quiet right away and out in a few minutes. I really think (can you tell that I am just a little ap?) that sometimes they need what we can't give. Most of the time, dh or I can get her to sleep easily by holding her, but some days (usually the bad Benji days), we can't give her what she wants. I am also a little sad that she has pretty much stopped nursing to sleep. I thought Benji did that much later. Most nights nursing isn't the last thing that she wants to do, and she just wants to be rocked to sleep. I guess I should go wake her up since I am starting to leak. The girl sleeps as much as my dh. This is great for getting things finished, when ds lets me, but it is terrible for my poor breasts! It has been 12 hours since she nursed last. Augh!
#78 of 138 Old 09-22-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
Oh, Tiffany, you should take her into the tub with you - all of my babies have LOVED that. It seems to be very relaxing and calming for them. Jake doesn't like the part where he has to get OUT of the tub and is briefly chilled, but all the warm floating with mama in the big tub time seems to make up for it. Even when he is uber-fussy and NOTHING else works, floating in the tub is guaranteed to soothe him.

Note: It's a two person enterprise though. I've never figured out how to safely give baby a bath with me without another grown up on hand to manage slippery naked baby while I manage slippery naked self when the bath is over.

PS: OR... DP in tub with baby can be fun bonding time for them!
I'm officially an August mama, but I just wanted to comment on how I give the baby a bath solo. I leave a towel on the floor and reach him over the tub and lay him on it and then wrap him up. I then get out of the tub myself, dry quickly and pick him up again still wrapped up in a towel. I figured this out recently. Before that, it was a 2 person operation for me too.
#79 of 138 Old 09-23-2007, 05:52 AM

so you know how i posted my babe never cries.
that ended.
she started crying in the car on the way home from the grocery store, like screaming crying, totally unconsolable. but we were only a minute or two from home. hit EVERY FREAKING RED LIGHT on the way!!!! : and since then she has started crying if i put her down for more than a moment other than a diaper change. and she woke herself up crying. its SO sad!
my heart is so broken. i feel like its my fault for not pulling over and comforting her to calm before resuming the two minute drive.
time for some more CST for sure!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#80 of 138 Old 09-23-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Tiff don't feel bad it happens.....those car drives can seem like a lifetime when you just cant pull over!

Natalie is 2 months old today! where has the time gone?
#81 of 138 Old 09-23-2007, 01:53 PM

8 weeks today here. : where does the time go?!

#82 of 138 Old 09-25-2007, 05:07 AM

and two hours after writing that we were headed to the ER.
she had an abcess in her arm that went from the size of a lentil and red the night before to almost the size of a small marble and deep purple.
it got lanced and irrigated. it was DISGUSTING, and i felt so badly for my poor sweet innocent baby.
she was given tylenol with codeine before it happened for the pain. she was WAY drugged acting. slept almost all day i had to wake her to eat and even then i could get her latched, then she would fall asleep again suckling in her sleep.
it was not a fun day at all.
but her arm is healing wonderfully. and she is back to her alert, sweet, cooing, smiling self.

#83 of 138 Old 09-25-2007, 09:33 AM

Oooh, poor baby girl! No wonder she was fussy that day. Glad she's ok!
#84 of 138 Old 09-25-2007, 09:48 AM

NAK Poor baby! Hope today is much happier for her.

Gianna will be ten weeks tomorrow. Yesterday I had to go through her clothes and weed out the NB-3 month stuff; they don't fit! It was a little sad, but God willing, siblings will use it!

Okay, post-partum ? I haven't seen yet- too much/ too fast weight loss. Part of me doesn't want to bring it up, but I can't be the only one. This baby is sucking the weight right off of me! I lost 40 lbs by my 6 week PP check with the midwives. The weight continues to fall, I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight and fast approaching High School weight (but alas, not the nice tight HS tummy!). I think part of it is I need to build some muscles back up. I'm trying to squeeze an extra meal into the afternoon, too. Anyone else with this issue? It seems to be a huge drag on my energy as well.

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#85 of 138 Old 09-25-2007, 11:54 AM

nak
hi ya'll. i'd forgotten to check for a life w a babethread. oops crying babe will try later

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
#86 of 138 Old 09-25-2007, 12:10 PM

Clara, lots of ebf moms struggle to stay at a healthy weight. Load your meals with calorie-dense stuff, like some of us had to do to gain while pregnant (funny, I worked my tush off to gain it, and now it won't leave!). Good fats, like olive oil, as much as you can, and seriously don't worry about an extra bowl of ice cream!
#87 of 138 Old 09-25-2007, 10:40 PM

Hi! I barely kept up with the July thread as I was on the pregnancy after a loss thread. Just stopping by to say hello! Life with a new babe is great! It feels like the first time again, as DS is 5. I'm enjoying having Alina all to myself while he is in school. And I'm really love having extended time off from work! I'm still nursing every 3 hours or so at night! And still working out to lose the last bit of weight!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#88 of 138 Old 09-26-2007, 04:02 PM

*sigh*

This morning I packed away the newborn sized onesies and all the teensy stuff that he can't wear anymore. I'm not the least sad that he's growing bigger, as I really don't do well with the teensy weensy stage. But all that cute stuff - it's gone forever!
#89 of 138 Old 09-26-2007, 04:21 PM

I feel that way about the clothes, too.. every cute little dress i put on her, i think to myself "this is the last time she'll ever wear this..."

A friend just gave me three bags of clothes from her daughter, tho... so now i can look forward to cooler weather so I can start in on those.. (and the all came in marked bags..3-6 mo..6-9 mo etc!!!)

Another friend also gave me a swing.. and i now actually have a bit of time to do dishes, etc.. yeah!!!

schuyler continues to sleep so well at night. She'll go 6 hours one night.. 3-4 hours for a night or two, then another 6 hour night. She's awesome.

My six yo ds was holding schuyler the otehr day.. and came to me excitedly."MOM!! she can stand up by herself!!".......how scary is that...
#90 of 138 Old 10-02-2007, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

anyone have an easy pp weight loss routine?? i'm walking when i can (sciatic pain makes it hard to do cardio) and trying to watch what i eat but that has been hard because i feel like i am starving (i sure as hell dont look like it though!)

also any pointers on getting rid of back fat and love handles are greatly appreciated.

and diet tips for nusing moms too!

and im super jelous of all you moms who are dropping your babyweight like its nothing....sooo not fair

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page