July 2007 mama's....lets chat :-) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 138 Old 10-10-2007, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we had a cold here too lots of post nasal drip. into the belly. causing tons of runs so much so that we caved and did sposies(7th gen) for a few days cause she was just pooping all the time! went through a 48 pack in less than 2 days. :
she is just starting to outgrow her 3-6mo clothes length wise. soon width wise too! but her sister and daddy are giants so i was expecting it

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#122 of 138 Old 10-10-2007, 03:51 PM

Sage, too, is growing so fast but the funny thing is she can still wear some newborn things. Onesies and even her dipe covers she still fits better in a nb than in a small.

We were recently gifted a moby wrap and we're LOVING it! I wish I would have had one of these sooner. Today she was really fussy and nothing was working so I plopped her in and went about making cookies with the boys, she quieted and fell asleep where she is presently still.

Sage has recently had green poop, it's not a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, it's not a dairy intolerance so my guess (especially because of the immense amounts of drool and gnawing on me) she's teething. How fun. OH.. and she was going ONCE a day and when she turned two months it went up to a big one in the morning and lots of little ones after every feeding. I don't think she did that even brand new so it's taking some getting used to. :

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#123 of 138 Old 10-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post

Even though it's not realistic, I'm having a hard time with not being able to wear my prebaby clothes. What are you all doing to lose weight?
Nursing two kids! I cannot seem to eat enough! I had a heck of a time loosing weight after Elliot, this time it is melting off! I am back to my pre Millie weight and now working to get to my pre Elliot weight! All and all things are going well here!

Jenese Mama to Elliot 8/05 and Millie Jane 7/07 and Cecilia Kate 1/11
#124 of 138 Old 10-10-2007, 04:14 PM

I'm losing weight faster now that I'm off all wheat and cow dairy. Yes, I'm dying for a cheeseburger and a milkshake, but my baby is happier and I'm skinnier.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#125 of 138 Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Hi all, I am struggling with my weight too - I plan on cutting out all sugar - but I am waiting until after halloween because there is just too much candy around to tempt me...

Sam was 3 months last weekend and is 18 lbs and already wearing 6-9 month clothes!!! He is a true joy - sleeping great - smiling - cooing, and just making my heart melt...

I updated my blog with news and photos of Sam and his big sister - you can read it here

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
#126 of 138 Old 10-12-2007, 03:01 PM

How crazy is this? Sage's green poop was because of my oversupply and a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. It was frothy yesterday morning which meant only that to me.. so I kept her on one boob for the whole day which is how I nursed the boys. She was happier than I've seen her ever AND she comfort nursed for far longer than she ever has, her poops were actually NORMAL this morning. I'm so happy to have figured out the problem (I think)

#127 of 138 Old 10-12-2007, 04:08 PM

YAY for happy babies!
just make sure you pump the other breast to keep up production

#128 of 138 Old 10-12-2007, 04:14 PM

I know it sounds odd but my boys seldom took the right side either. Maybe like one feeding a day. My boobs are so sensitive that if I pump/nurse/stimulate that side at all in the next few days I'll be back at square one. Sage was my attempt at two boob nursing... and I somehow managed to screw her little tummy up for two months. I think I'll stick to being a uni-boob feeder.

#129 of 138 Old 10-13-2007, 12:38 AM

Add no-sugar to my dwindling menu. If I'm wheatfree sugarfree and cow dairyfree then why do I feel like a prisoner?

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#130 of 138 Old 10-13-2007, 12:45 PM

I hear you on the dwindling menu. Amarina has had green poops since birth, and I thought of the foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and started nursing on one side for several feedings at a time. It didn't really help. I've been off primary dairy (straight uncooked unfermented dairy) since she was born, now I wonder if I ought to be more strict about it. She also reacts to onions and cabbage, so anything related to either of those is out... most everything I am used to eating for dinner has onion as a seasoning, I am kind of at a loss as to what to eat... She's starting to have an occasional yellow poop so I think there may be a strong factor of her gut maturing... She's far less gassy than she was last month, and I haven't changed my diet since then except...

I think I'm having gallbladder issues so til I can see my doc, I'm eating lowfat which is not at all good for me, all the years I spent doing lowfat I was sick all the time and underweight. I've been starving all week. I am drooling over IHOP commercials, eek!! If I had to avoid wheat and sugar I'd have nothing to eat at all!! I'm living on toast and jam.

Could going lowfat have improved her digestion?? I thought the milk is going to have a stable amount of fat no matter what the mom eats.
#131 of 138 Old 10-13-2007, 05:07 PM

I forgot about this thread...even though I just posted here not too long ago..

How is my baby getting so big soooo fast? :..it feels like it is just flying by...she is now 11 weeks old and I just can not believe it. She is 12 pounds and 23 inches long...(as of her doc. appointment last week).
#132 of 138 Old 10-13-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcromom View Post
I've been off primary dairy (straight uncooked unfermented dairy) since she was born, now I wonder if I ought to be more strict about it. She's starting to have an occasional yellow poop so I think there may be a strong factor of her gut maturing... She's far less gassy than she was last month, and I haven't changed my diet since then except...

I think I'm having gallbladder issues so til I can see my doc, I'm eating lowfat which is not at all good for me, all the years I spent doing lowfat I was sick all the time and underweight. I've been starving all week. I am drooling over IHOP commercials, eek!! If I had to avoid wheat and sugar I'd have nothing to eat at all!! I'm living on toast and jam.

Could going lowfat have improved her digestion?? I thought the milk is going to have a stable amount of fat no matter what the mom eats.
I had to eliminate every form and partial ingredient of cows milk. No cheese, no butter, no yogurt, no whey, no lactose, no milk solids, etc. We seem to be able to tolerate raw goats milk just fine. Are you doing probiotics? From what I've read, its pretty important to populate the baby's gut with bifidus, not just acidophilus. Eat some toast and jam for me... I'm having goats milk heated with raw honey and filipino cocoa for a snack. About the lowfat? When my mom was little the doctor told her family to switch to nonfat dry milk and it made them all feel alot better. But I don't think that mama can eat whatever and still have stable fat percentages in her bm. Just my opinion.

#133 of 138 Old 10-14-2007, 12:50 AM

My son is 3 months 1 week and over 16 pounds! He's high needs, so he's giving his mummy a run for her money, but he's doing great with sleeping at night.
#134 of 138 Old 10-15-2007, 10:48 PM

Hi Mommas! Alina is doing well! Nursing great but won't take a bottle! I need to increase the efforts since I'm going back to work in a month. She is big but not sure how much she weighs since she hasn't seen the ped. since 6 weeks. I love the big smiles and little laughs!:

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#135 of 138 Old 10-16-2007, 01:49 PM

Glad to hear all these babies are doing so well.. Schuyler has become a wonderful night time sleeper.. and a terrible daytime napper.. can't get much of anything done during the day.. she hates every form of baby swing/seat/vibrating thngy out there.... AND she doesn't like the sling or wrap. sigh. She lovers being held upright.. looking into a face and smiling and batting her eyes.

So how do I say shes wonderfully happy and very difficult at the same time?

She has also gone from about ten poops a day to one every day or two (occasionally three).

I don't know about anyone else, but I have got baby girl clothes piled in every corner of my house. The are all hand me downs but its realy getting ridiculous. I HAVE to start saying no..Not the worst problem to have, I know.
#136 of 138 Old 10-16-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAU3 View Post

So how do I say shes wonderfully happy and very difficult at the same time?

She has also gone from about ten poops a day to one every day or two (occasionally three).

I don't know about anyone else, but I have got baby girl clothes piled in every corner of my house. The are all hand me downs but its realy getting ridiculous. I HAVE to start saying no..Not the worst problem to have, I know.
Sage is the same in personality at least I can still sling her but usually only when she's sleeping.

Sage went from one poop a day to ten, I'm a little worried about it.

I wish someone would pass hand me downs our way, this little girl has very little for the swiftly approaching cold weather. :

#137 of 138 Old 10-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
Sage is the same in personality at least I can still sling her but usually only when she's sleeping.

Sage went from one poop a day to ten, I'm a little worried about it.

I wish someone would pass hand me downs our way, this little girl has very little for the swiftly approaching cold weather. :
oh man i could have written that!
she isnt fond of the sling but i found out last night (with DHS help) that she enjoys a tibetan back carry in the wrap! who woulda thunk? well no she also enjoys a front cross carry too. sometimes, but only if we are out shopping, not at home. when we are at home she wants me to be on the couch nursing her or holding her and talking to her, thats it.
we are getting some chiro help for the slight SLIGHT toricollis she has, and she seems to be doing better already after just one session, a few more and her neck should be normal!
we are moving at the end of the month. so theres lots of packing going on and crazy trying to clean up and get marks off the walls, etc. fun fun fun! :

i ran out of placenta capsules, and felt it so fast. went into a pretty ugly ppd spiral of yuck. within a day of getting more placenta capsulated and in my body i felt better, and now i feel almost 100% again! i <3 my placenta

#138 of 138 Old 11-03-2007, 04:41 PM

I started a new thread for those of us that subscribe to this one.

link

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page