Carrot sensitivity? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2003, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gavin will be 7 months (!) on the 2nd and last week we started solids. After three days of banana mushed up, I gave him a few bites of organic carrots for his second food. I only gave them to him for two days as really, I'm not sure all was well with them.

I was expecting his poo to change colour, but after them, it was *quite* watery and he grunted until his face was red while having the bm. It was also at an odd time - he normally goes sometime in the morning, and this was only about 2 hours after he ate in the evening.

Could this mean they upset his tummy? I'm scared to puree the baby carrots I got the other day and after two days of him not getting any solids, he had a few bites of mushed up banana again.

FWIW, if I have a lot of carrots I get instestinal distress as well, despite it not supposidly being a "bad" food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2003, 03:59 AM

Sounds like it could be a sensitivity(sp?) to the carrots especially with them giving you problems too. Maybe hold off on giving him carrots again right now and maybe try again in a month or two.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:15 PM

Also, it may be benificial to blend them so that he has less he has to digest. You can cook a batch put them in the blender until smooth or still chunky. Then freeze portions overnight in an ice tray. The next morning take the portions and place them in a freezer bag. Your carrots will keep frozen for two months.

User Tag List