April 2007 Mamas - It's October! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to say Happy sweet little Birthday's to those wee babes who've passed 6 months! Oh my!!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#362 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenie View Post
Who else has teeth? How are you dealing with getting bitten during breastfeeding? It's only happened once - but owch!
We don't have any teeth here yet, but Micah seems to have been working on them for about two months. Every time I think "this must be it", it isn't...Still perfectly smooth, unbroken gums. I am really worried about the biting thing, but will be glad to have a reprieve from the fussing (that I have been blaming on the teeth). How did you handle biting?

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#363 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
ShyDaisi: M is really moving! Wow!! I'm scared and impressed at the same time!
And, I have told him he is not allowed to teach the stationary babies how to move...

#364 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
I just wanted to say Happy sweet little Birthday's to those wee babes who've passed 6 months! Oh my!!
A
Micah's half-birthday is tomorrow! Half a year! Can you believe it?

#365 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
We don't have any teeth here yet, but Micah seems to have been working on them for about two months. Every time I think "this must be it", it isn't...Still perfectly smooth, unbroken gums. I am really worried about the biting thing, but will be glad to have a reprieve from the fussing (that I have been blaming on the teeth). How did you handle biting?
Almost the same as Evan, except you can see the ridges of the teeth just waiting to break through. Neither of my other 2 teethed so long and so hard and so early. I really love that little toothless grin, but I'll be happy when he gets through this first tooth.
#366 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Micah's half-birthday is tomorrow! Half a year! Can you believe it?
I know... It's so sad. Romi was born just a day after Micah. I can't believe 6 months have passed... So bittersweet. And that means that I go back to work in 6 mths.
#367 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I know... It's so sad. Romi was born just a day after Micah. I can't believe 6 months have passed... So bittersweet. And that means that I go back to work in 6 mths.
I wish I could afford to stay home that long....I am looking for a job now. I have an interview this evening!

#368 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I wish I could afford to stay home that long....I am looking for a job now. I have an interview this evening!
I'm in Canada so we all get a year off for mat leave (paid). Otherwise there's no way I could afford it!! Good luck on your interview!
#369 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 02:22 PM

I am icredibly grateful to be a SAHM...we make enough to barely squeak by...and that's just fine by me. I work really hard at the budget, so that I don't have to go back to work. I thank God every night that we're able to do it. I feel for you mamas who have to go back to work. It must be heart-wrenching.

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#370 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Oh and on a funnier note, some broccoli did make it through!!
I just changed romi's diaper and there it was!! Little green flowers in her diaper
#371 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Oh and on a funnier note, some broccoli did make it through!!
I just changed romi's diaper and there it was!! Little green flowers in her diaper

Oh that's too funny!

Sophia has one tooth on the bottom. I think I can feel it when she nurses, but maybe that's just my imagination.

She loves to be on the move. Rolling and scooting all over the floor. It's so funny because my secretary at work has a little girl who was born in March and she is non-mobile. She can sit really well and just stays there. Must be nice!

Sophia will be 6 months on Saturday. That is so crazy to think about. I'm just transitioning her into her 6-12 months clothes. I think she is getting clothes for Christmas which will actually be a good thing, because so many of the things are looking worn from her sisters wearing them.

Weight watchers has a program for nursing moms at least on the internet so it can be done.

Welcome to the new people! We love to read posts so post away!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#372 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
He worked on his teeth forever, too. Well his tooth. Now he's working on the one next to it.

When he bit me I just pulled back, then switched sides since it hurt. I am sure there are better ways of dealing with it, but that's what I did.

Thankfully, he has been bite free all day today.

Stephenie, Wife to Nick partners.gif 9/3/05 Mama to Keagan treehugger.gif autismribbon.gif 4/12/07, Eden dust.gifhomebirth.jpg3/29/09  3rdtri.gif Someone new coming in July and two angels 6/06 and 10/10. Check out my blog! blogging.jpg

#373 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Daniel--five months, 1 week--is starting to scooch backwards on the floor. Ugh! Too soon!!!

And tonight, I am going to see Hairspray. The milk is pumped, the sitter for the older kids is arranged (Daniel is going with Daddy to church for a meeting), the ticket is bought. W00t!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#374 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM

Lucky

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#375 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 07:39 PM

NAK

Exciting Annettemarie!!! I wish when I was kid free it was too do something exciting.

Ashton doesn't have any teeth yet but he will fool me into thinking one is cutting in. So you other mama's aren't alone
He is also scooting around. If he wants something he goes for it. Like some of the rest of you, I'm NOT ready for him to be mobile either but at the same time I kinda root for him. I know that doesn't make any sense.

Doudat - That is pretty cool that Romi ate broccoli for her first solids AND she fed it to herself!! Woo-Hoo!! Ash hasn't had anything yet but he did taste a lemon today. My BIL laughed because of the look on Ashton's face. He twisted it pretty good then wanted more. Oh and I am jealous that you get a year off for maternity leave. I think we get 6 weeks and I don't think it is a paid 6 weeks.

I remember Elijah biting me when his teeth came in. Oh it hurt but luckily he didn't make a habit of it.

Ok this post is kinda jumbled. I hope you all can make sense of it.
#376 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 08:25 PM

Mmmm, liam never bit me when his teeth came it, so I'm hoping it'll be the same with romi... But now you gals have me worried!! Romi has "bit" me quite a few times, and even without teeth it hurt! I know that they have to move their tongues out of the way to bite so they can't bite while drinking. I'll just have to get vigilant when she starts playing around after she's done drinking.

Velvet: I know, it really sucks that the US doesn't have a better mat leave. I don't know how they expect mamas to breastfeed when they have to go back to work full time.
#377 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 10:25 PM

A quickie-HI!

I have to go back to work too....boo, hoooo....we were able to hold out one year w Andy. But not this time around! DARN!!!

Another note-I cried at Bible Study today when they asked for prayer requests bc I asked for help on deciding about vax...so stressful. We have only done one round and I have done tons of research, but still...it is enought to drive me batty. Anyone else suffering from this type of anxiety!?

No teeth here.
#378 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
A quickie-HI!
Another note-I cried at Bible Study today when they asked for prayer requests bc I asked for help on deciding about vax...so stressful. We have only done one round and I have done tons of research, but still...it is enought to drive me batty. Anyone else suffering from this type of anxiety!?
sorry you are feeling so much anxiety. i was pretty confused about what to do with kaylo...but i guess i felt like if i was so confused and worried about it, i probably should not do them... it's hard to know--you just want to do what's best for your little ones. have you check out the book _Vaccinations_ by Aviva Jill Romm? It's got all sorts of good info in one place. I think it's overwhelming to look at info all over the place.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#379 of 810 Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 PM

annettemarie-- you go mama! have fun!

a year mat leave would be great! well, i mean if i had a "real job" i waitress (and went back at 6 weeks by choice--it's only a couple nights a week at a swanky little spot ), grow veggies and craft. oh and nanny once a week. we have to live pretty simply though for me not to do any normal job.
i wish the u.s. had better parental and maternity leave.

we are headed away again this weekend. we are visiting dh's family and going to a wedding bash. it will be nice to get away except that it means paying a caretaker. we found a great one, but she's so great we pay her quite a bit to take care of the animals/milk the cow/etc. oh and i'm going to ikea for the first time! we don't have one around us, so i usually pick out things online and have my mom grab them when she comes out to visit. i'm a little nervous--i hope i don't go overboard...how much can fit in the back of a subaru forester??

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#380 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I've been dealing with plugged ducts in BOTH breasts at once over the past couple of days. At least I got it to go away but wow, did that hurt! I've had them before but only in one breast at a time. DS went one night without eating very well through the night... and boom, plugged the next day! It just kills me that I have such low supply with IGT -- yet, still get these stupid plugged ducts all the time.

I took lots of showers, used warm rice socks and lots of massage. I was afraid for a bit that it wouldn't go away and that it might turn in to mastitis but it started to clear up in 24 hours. Whew!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#381 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama;
I've dealt with some anxiety about vaccinations on and off. So far we've decided not to do any at all. It is a really tough decision. PM if you wanna talk!

I've also worried that I shouldn't have accepted the Vitamin K shot but my MWs talked me into it. Did anyone else accept this?

#382 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi;
Same here! Smooth gums! But he has been gumming my boobs here and there. :

#383 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_anne78;

all this crawling....crazy. G just figured out how to flip herself from her tummy to her back. I think it's highly amusing to watch her do tummy time now, because she grunts and strains, and sometimes she gets her arms all straight and pushes up, but mostly....all that noise and nothing happens I have no idea why she's up right now. I woke up to hear her pooping, changed her dipe, and she resisted all attempts to get back to sleep. Whatev.
That is what DS did too! He would get on his tummy and just flap his arms to the side and grunt and strain and just get plain mad. Now he gets way up on his hands and is working on getting his belly and legs off the bed. He still grunts and strains and gets plain mad. He is going to be something else when he is starts to really move!

#384 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I also have no idea how often he nurses in the night, which makes for interesting answers to the does he sleep through the night questions
I've found it hard to answer those questions too.

#385 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Velvet: I know, it really sucks that the US doesn't have a better mat leave. I don't know how they expect mamas to breastfeed when they have to go back to work full time.
That's just it though...Most people (at least in my area) don't expect you to breastfeed. Lately, I have started getting the "you're still doing that??" looks and round about comments....and he's only 6 months. What in the world are they going to say or do 3 months from now? Or, 6 months? Or, a year? (This is part of the reason I want to move...)

#386 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 AM

Quote:
I'm in Canada so we all get a year off for mat leave (paid). Otherwise there's no way I could afford it!! Good luck on your interview!
Thank you! It actually went really well. I have an appointment for a physical and drug test on Tuesday, and they have to do a background check. Pending all of that, the orientation starts on October 27th!! And the shifts they are hiring for are 4pm to midnight, so I won't miss too much of Micah's awake time.

#387 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 01:39 AM

I have been worrying about supply issues lately, especially since I am about to go back to work. It seems when Micah is eating that my breast is empty, but when he pulls off and I squeeze and a little comes out. He doesn't seem frustrated (but he has been fighting sleep lately, which doesn't help)...I'm sure stressing about it isn't going to help, but I am so worried about having to supplement. I don't want to have to, and I am sure I am getting ahead of myself, but NOTHING went the way I was trying with Micah's birth. I have a huge guilt complex going on about it (which no one IRL understands, because it's just "normal" here). I am worried that my borderline PPD will go full blown if something goes wrong with the BF -- it is the one thing I have clung to...:

#388 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitii View Post
I've also worried that I shouldn't have accepted the Vitamin K shot but my MWs talked me into it. Did anyone else accept this?
I started out in a birthing center and moved to a hospital mid-hard labor via ambulance...I had not expected to have to go through "the list" because it is standard policy for the birthing center to NOT do those things. So, as I was going through all of this pain, stress, and trauma (this was not even in my alternative birth plan), I am having to go through the list of all the things that I don't want them to do...no Hep B, no antibiotic drops in the eyes, no circumcision, don't give a bottle, don't give a pacifier, wanted him in my room at ALL times (I didn't trust them to not do the things I didn't want them to do)...the ONE thing I forgot was the Vit K!! : So, yes, I did, but not necessarily willingly -- they didn't even ask...

#389 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitii View Post
I've dealt with some anxiety about vaccinations on and off. So far we've decided not to do any at all. It is a really tough decision. PM if you wanna talk!

i did because, even though i know all about it an alternatives, i felt that if by some chance something happened and she needed surgery it was best for her to have it... now they never needed surgery but its one of those what ifs to me, the shot is faster acting going straight to the blood then oral dose... any way i actually had to ask my mw to do it and she had to search her bag for it lol ( home birth)

i do have major anxiety over vaxs we selectivly/delay vax one vax at a time, which helps me a lot

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#390 of 810 Old 10-12-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I have been worrying about supply issues lately, especially since I am about to go back to work. It seems when Micah is eating that my breast is empty, but when he pulls off and I squeeze and a little comes out. He doesn't seem frustrated (but he has been fighting sleep lately, which doesn't help)...I'm sure stressing about it isn't going to help, but I am so worried about having to supplement. I don't want to have to, and I am sure I am getting ahead of myself, but NOTHING went the way I was trying with Micah's birth. I have a huge guilt complex going on about it (which no one IRL understands, because it's just "normal" here). I am worried that my borderline PPD will go full blown if something goes wrong with the BF -- it is the one thing I have clung to...:
I went through supply issues when I went back to work, but I wanted to encourage you by saying even though I couldn't pump enough for him while I was gone I always had enough for him when I was home (he just nursed a ton!) If you have not started pumping yet I would reccomend taking fenugreek and pumping and freezing now so you can build your supply up as well as have a stash of milk if you have trouble pumping enough. I hope it goes wel for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page