April 2007 Mamas - It's October! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-15-2007, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everyone must have had a busy weekend...Not as many post as we have had of late! Not that we aren't doing well on our count!! 421!! And to think we set our goal at a measely 500...

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2007, 02:26 AM

Well, I have some new pictures to share from this weekend, so here it goes for those of you who care to peruse...(I love looking at everyone else's babies, so this is bait )

Look at me!
Mmmm...keys!!
Splish splash, I was taking a bath...
My fingers sure do taste good!
I told you, no more naked pictures!
Blowing raspberries!

Okay, ladies...your turn!

Old 10-15-2007, 02:35 AM

BTW -- Micah took two crawling "steps" on his hands and knees Friday, and then, yesterday, he sat up from laying on the floor on his own!!

We attempted to do solids for the first time this evening (avacados), but it didn't go very well. We are trying to self feed, so I put the pieces on the tray. He smooshed them around and then looked at me like, "what am I supposed to do now?" I really expected him to pick it up and put it in his mouth!! He is always grabbing at food and attempting to put it in his mouth. So, why didn't he try with this? I put one piece in his mouth so he would know what it was and that he could eat it, and he did eat it...but he sort of coughed/gagged a bit (not enough to scare me...). He kept grabbing things out of my hands: spoon, straw, glass, etc., so I picked up a piece of the avacado and held it out for him. He grabbed my hand, put it up to his mouth, and sucked the avacado off of it...

Old 10-15-2007, 03:35 AM

Count on our babies to not want to put that particular thing in their mouth...Hannah does the same thing! Everything else gets picked up and put in her mouth...why not the food that's chopped into little baby-sized pieces?!?!?!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 10-15-2007, 10:36 AM

Johnny is learnng to do course things like cheerios but when slippery things like avocado or banana are on his tray he just looks at me with an open mouth like a litle bird waiting to be fed
Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 AM

I learned my lesson-remember what I said about a great night?! Well, last night was the COMPLETE opposite. Up every hour! I am so tired! I guess you gotta keep those great nights to yourself or the bad ones come back and bight ya!

We are not starting solids yet. I have given him small pieces of sw potatoe and avo, but everytime he gags like he is dying. So I guess that means-not ready yet. It sounds like fun, but I also need a differnt chair for him. I repainted this one and the paint is chipping. Guess I didn't sand well enough. What types of chairs are you girls using? Are you worried about the surfaces (toxicitity)? I think I am a bit paranoid about that lately. But what would be safe?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 PM

Well I don't consider myself particularly crunchy (I'm not fluffy either though...I must fal somewhere inbetween!) We are just using a regular plasticy high chair - whatever was given to us - not even sure the brand I tried leting him self feed in his excersaucer while I made dinner and it took me hours to clean it

I guess we only put him in a chair while we are eating dinner...during the day I just hold him in my lap unless it's something super messy like farena or applesauce...
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=annettemarie;9416241]: Babies NEED to nurse at night. Night milk has a different composition than day milk, and is really high in brain-building fats and hormones.

[QUOTE]

Really? I hadn't read that before.

Sophia has been sleeping through the night since 5-6 weeks.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
We close on our house a week from tomorrow- YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea!!!!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:06 PM

Wow! Micah can really sit up well!

We have a regular plastic high chair. I can't remember the brand. We got it with #1. S has sat it in once or twice while we were eating supper. Claire saw that and has been asking to sit in it again.

There are cockroaches at my work! Well, just plastic ones. One was on the toilet tank and it made me do a double take. I found another in my stack of papers so now that one is inside a waterbottle of the instigator.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Daniel just accidentally had his first food. He stuck his hand into Nicholas's Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough cone and was sucking the life out of his finger before we noticed to wipe it off.

This never would have happened with kid 1.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 10-15-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
There are cockroaches at my work! Well, just plastic ones. One was on the toilet tank and it made me do a double take. I found another in my stack of papers so now that one is inside a waterbottle of the instigator.
laughup:

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 PM

Ugh, had a really rough night with Romi. The girl has become the lightest sleeper ever. She wakes if I move my little toe or if I ruffle the bedsheets too loudly. I don't even know how many times I nursed her, or dh jiggled her to get her back to sleep (jiggling normally konks her out). I was worn out. I don't know if its teething or what. I might try a bit of Tempra tonight and see if that helps, cause the girl was ANGRY. All. night. Bleh.

But she was ok during the day. Not fantastic, ok.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:55 PM

Hey girls, haven't been around for a few days. Just lurking now and then i guess! I was having some alone time.

Nothing new here.
I was wondering what everybody considered 'sleep through the night' to be? I consider sleeping through to be 6 hours or more, and both my babies have been doing that for a long time.

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 10-15-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Daniel just accidentally had his first food. He stuck his hand into Nicholas's Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough cone and was sucking the life out of his finger before we noticed to wipe it off.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 PM

i agree w 6 hours. Queen, no wonder u want tons of kids-u aren't sleep deprived. we would like more but are too tired.
nak
Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Ugh, had a really rough night with Romi. The girl has become the lightest sleeper ever. She wakes if I move my little toe or if I ruffle the bedsheets too loudly. I don't even know how many times I nursed her, or dh jiggled her to get her back to sleep (jiggling normally konks her out). I was worn out. I don't know if its teething or what. I might try a bit of Tempra tonight and see if that helps, cause the girl was ANGRY. All. night. Bleh.

But she was ok during the day. Not fantastic, ok.
that sucks! i HATE bad nights, when I wake up in the morning I feel like the day is going to be hell. hope your night is better tonight.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
I learned my lesson-remember what I said about a great night?! Well, last night was the COMPLETE opposite. Up every hour! I am so tired! I guess you gotta keep those great nights to yourself or the bad ones come back and bight ya!

What types of chairs are you girls using? Are you worried about the surfaces (toxicitity)? I think I am a bit paranoid about that lately. But what would be safe?
Sounds like it's been happening a lot!

I use an old wooden high chair we repainted. It's cute and basic. I prefer it to plastic.
A

Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Hey girls, haven't been around for a few days. Just lurking now and then i guess! I was having some alone time.

Nothing new here.
I was wondering what everybody considered 'sleep through the night' to be? I consider sleeping through to be 6 hours or more, and both my babies have been doing that for a long time.

A
nice to see you i have been doing the same lately

for me sleeping thru the night is when i don't have to get out of bed and do anything for baby ( or kids) they may wake up, baby may nurse a few times kids might be sent back to bed, but if i get to stay in bed and roll over and go back to sleep then that is sleeping thru for us!! but yeah 6 hrs is sleeping thru says the books... Caroline did this at 2 months to 4 months.... not anymore i can't even put her in the crib i have to nurse her down in the bed then sneak away..... my others never slept thru till like1 or 2 years old so it was a treat for me with Caroline one i really needed cause for the first month of her life i was up 2 times a night for an hour or 2 Cause she refused ( think we had a slight tongue tie) to nurse laying down!. now she is on to sleeping like the rest of them did... but i can't say i really mind since shes my last and i know that one day i won't have this anymore

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 10-16-2007, 12:39 AM

We use a plastic high chair i think it is baby trend we got it with DS, Caroline has been using it since birth lol it reclines so she sits in it when i am cooking/cleaning/washing dishes.. and sometimes while i eat tho she likes to wait till i sit to eat to cry and want me so i hold her lol we just put the tray on it this week cause she was trying to eat the crouch bar and was putting her whole mouth over it and it cut her mouth a bit so i figured they tray goes over that so she can't do it, well the tray is so high it is at her nose lol but she loves it the toys go on it she reaches and gets them and bangs them on there! she hasn't had solids and we will probably hold off a while but she isn't even 6 months yet so no rush! ( and shes my itty bitty baby and i don't want her to grow up so she isn't allowed big food, and i don't want stinky solid food poops soooo no food lol)

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 10-16-2007, 01:57 PM

Oh, I use ds's old plastic booster seat for romi. She's so big that she fits perfectly in it except liam wants to sit in it as well now that it has resurfaced!!

Had a good night last night, no Tempra needed!! So I feel great!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:45 PM

I had to search for us and found us on page 2!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post

Isn't that the truth!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Happy 6 month birthday to Noah!

septic tank backed up and flooded bathroom this am. YUCK!!!!!!!!!

and right in the middle of our move. The pipes disconnected on the way out to the septic tank. So the yard is full of the waste water (underground)
Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Happy 6 month birthday to Noah!

septic tank backed up and flooded bathroom this am. YUCK!!!!!!!!!

and right in the middle of our move. The pipes disconnected on the way out to the septic tank. So the yard is full of the waste water (underground)
Yuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Oh, I use ds's old plastic booster seat for romi. She's so big that she fits perfectly in it except liam wants to sit in it as well now that it has resurfaced!!

Had a good night last night, no Tempra needed!! So I feel great!
Max loves to do this, too. He's gotten stuck in Scarlet's exersaucer, it tips over and he can't get out, like he's wearing a huge hoop skirt .

Glad you had a better night. Scarlet sleeps pretty well, but lately it takes forever to get her down, nurse, nurse, nurse, suck, suck, suck, come on already!

I have a wooden high chair that Max used. It's still up in the attic and I'm sure he'll want to get in it before Scarlet does!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 PM

Where is everyone today? Page 2 again!

MonTana Mama: oh man! That is awful! I can't imagine a worse time for that to happen!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:57 PM

I'm here! just skulking around again! bummed that I have a luxe soaker to trade, and my trade fell through b/c I was being indecisive....do I really need another diaper though??
A

Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm here! I tried Daniel with some banana smooshed with boobie juice. He was dubious, but really liked spooning it into his mouth.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 PM

Oh that's so funny- Eva tried banana too tonight. First I mashed it up so she could dip her fingers in it. Didn't go over well. So I gave her 1/2 the banana to hold, but she kept knawing off chuncks, which she would grimace over and eject. Then she rubbed both elbows on her tray, and smoothed her cheeks with her hands, and reached behind her to spread the banana love on the back rungs, and then picked up the last chunk like a crane and dropped it off the side of the tray. Who called it self-feeding anyway??
A

Old 10-17-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Oh that's so funny- Eva tried banana too tonight. First I mashed it up so she could dip her fingers in it. Didn't go over well. So I gave her 1/2 the banana to hold, but she kept knawing off chuncks, which she would grimace over and eject. Then she rubbed both elbows on her tray, and smoothed her cheeks with her hands, and reached behind her to spread the banana love on the back rungs, and then picked up the last chunk like a crane and dropped it off the side of the tray. Who called it self-feeding anyway??
A

I guess I've been sort of lurking too.

Here are a few pics of Scout playing in some sweet potato puree:

What am I supposed to do with this stuff?
Oh, I see. Smear it.
I like the apple better.

I also gave her some apple chunks in a mesh feeder. Introducing 2 foods 3 days?? : Oops. Bad mommy. I would've just given her a chunk of sweet potato instead of puree, but we had a couple jars of organic sweet potato baby food in the house from when I let my little niece spoon a couple bites into Scout's mouth last week....so I figured she might have fun if I dumped it out on the table to let her play with it. I think she did.

As you can see in the pics, we use one of those boosters that hook to the table. She fits really well in it. My 2.5 yr old nephew (who is 35 lbs) fit in it nicely as well, so I guess it will last her a while.

My dad decoupaged this very one-of-a-kind high chair for Scout:

chair
tray

It doesn't have any straps or a crotch bar or anything, so until I figure out how to retro-fit it with straps, we'll just keep using the booster thingy.

User Tag List