Forum Jump: 

Old 10-19-2007, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
First of all: congrats on the job!!!

Second of all: what kinda quack doctors are in your area? Seriously. I think maybe you should think about skipping the WBV if the dr risks injury to your son... Foreskin retraction? Cereals because your milk lacks nutrition? Where (or when) did he go to school?
The more I see and hear, the more I think this is a very UNcrunchy area. And to think this is the third and "best" one.

It's nice to talk to someone who understands. I don't even have any friends that understand. I even found out that a couple were conspiring on how to get me to vax my son. : I have seriously thought about moving to a more crunchy area once I get on my feet so that I could feel like I actually belong.

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 04:05 AM

Yikes, ShyDaisi, I think I'd skip the WBV, too. You obviously know what is best for Micah. Hugs to you both.

Ok, so I checked out diaperswappers tonight, bad, bad, ladies. My eyes glazed over and I think I started drooling. But I got on craigslist and have a few leads on some close by. Oh yeah, didn't quite get to my sewing today and didn't pick up any new dipes and of course Scarlet poops tonight and then pooped again after I changed her and I was down to my last diaper! It was only a bit watery, so I wiped out the dipe (TMI) and then stuck a prefold in there (I do have a few of those). Sheesh, I'm in trouble. But I felt strangely calm after I put in the cloth dipe.

Another thing, I dreamt I was having a baby last night, but there were no chux pads around, huh??

It's pouring rain and I have heartburn, I think it's time for bed...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:59 AM

Rebekah - Ugghh! That sounds like a very trying day! Many hugs to you. I feel like I live in a semi-crunchy area, yet there aren't ANY crunchy physicians. I've only tried 2 peds so far, but I am not happy with either of them and the thought of going to another one to try just wears me out. I have met lots of natural-minded mommas at our local LLL meeting, and all of them have had problems with finding decent docs for their LOs too. :

Scout took her first bottle this evening. I left DH with a bottle of EBM and he said she sucked it down and cried for more. I felt bad because I wasn't having much luck pumping today for some reason, so I wasn't able to leave her that much. He also fed her some sweet potato puree, so I know she didn't go hungry. I was actually surprised that she took the bottle. She fusses and screams if I try to get her to suck on a pacifier, so I was almost positive that she would refuse the bottle. Nope. She did great with it!

Hee hee...the way I'm talking, you must think that I was gone the whole day, but I was only gone for 2 hours. Scout just gets hungry at very unpredicatable times and I knew that even if I fed her right before leaving, she might be starving 15 minutes later.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I need one of those hook-on chairs.
Those things are the devil!! I have had one fall to the floor TWICE!! Not with Hannah...with an XDB's son. Ugh, I hate them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Alas, I cannot afford an obsession with cloth diapers, so I've been looking up "sewing cloth diapers" on google. I'm sure I've got enough scraps around the house to make a few. FTP, I know you do it, it can't be that hard is it?
Once I get my little WAHM business going, I'll send you a few!! It might be a few weeks, though!

Speaking of my WAHM-iness, I just now, at 1:30 AM finished the cutest decorations for a Tinkerbell cake. I cannot WAIT to show everyone!! I'll post pics when I finish the cakes on Sat. So, apparently Hannah decides that tonight, the night that I'm up till 1:30, will be the one that she decides to sleep through! : She's been asleep since 10:00!!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 10-19-2007, 07:33 AM

ShyDaisi- Congrats on your job, sorry to here about your visits to the pedi though! It must be really hard to be surrounded my moms who parent so differently also.

UltimateSerj- I'll have to google that also...I'm planning on sewing some dipes after I get my sewing machine; I have no idea how they will come out though - I can't say I really know how to sew I just want cute dipes that I can't afford

kewpie-o- I left Johnny with my brother last night and he hasn't been taking a pacifier anymore so I was little worried but my bro said after he finished the bottle he just kept sucking on the nipple (he removed it from the bottle) which realy suprised me!

Babe went to sleep in his crib and stayed asleep for a while last night so DH and I got some quallity time together - felt like falling in love all over again...
Old 10-19-2007, 06:05 PM

I think my milk supply is dropping.

I nurse her like crazy, and all night long, but I haven't been able to pump a full bottle all week. Usually I can pump at least one full one, most of the time even more. I have been blessed with an over abundance until now. I wasn't regular with pumping for a while...I just got the flange thingies on my pump replaced, so maybe if I'm a little more regular about it, it will come back up. She's been wanting to nurse more lately, and I haven't felt 'full' in a while. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have about a month's supply in the freezer, but still.

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 10-19-2007, 06:24 PM

Oh, I hope not! Did you start solids or something? I wonder why this would happen all of a sudden? Pumping doesn't always correlate with production, but still, the change is odd. Hope it's okay.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 PM

Hello, everyone!

I kind of forgot about this thread! Sorry!

My Oliver was born 4/19/07 in a surprise C-sec due to being a surprise breech!

Our issue right now is teeth. He is getting the two top fronts (bottom fronts are already in), and he is miserable no matter what. Nursing strike! My first nursed to soothe himself, but Olli won't have it!

Anyway,
Old 10-19-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttimepreggers View Post

I nurse her like crazy, and all night long, but I haven't been able to pump a full bottle all week. Usually I can pump at least one full one, most of the time even more. I have been blessed with an over abundance until now. I wasn't regular with pumping for a while...I just got the flange thingies on my pump replaced, so maybe if I'm a little more regular about it, it will come back up. She's been wanting to nurse more lately, and I haven't felt 'full' in a while. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have about a month's supply in the freezer, but still.
Are u pumping and nursing at the same time and/or when you feel a let-down coming on? Both of those always helped me. i always have to trick my body into letting go of the milk-already! Have u started fenugreek (i think that is the right herb)?

Also remember @ 6 months is growth spurt time. So + demand = + supply. Good luck! You probably know all this already.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Are u pumping and nursing at the same time and/or when you feel a let-down coming on? Both of those always helped me. i always have to trick my body into letting go of the milk-already! Have u started fenugreek (i think that is the right herb)?

Also remember @ 6 months is growth spurt time. So + demand = + supply. Good luck! You probably know all this already.
Good thing you mentioned growth spurt, I was worried too because I've only been able to pump an extra few ounces a day.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Good thing you mentioned growth spurt, I was worried too because I've only been able to pump an extra few ounces a day.
I have supply issues when pumping and my supply was really down when AF showed up for the first time (~1.5 months ago). Just a thought. I hope its the growth spurt!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:19 PM

For sure growth spurt. I don't pump but romi has been nursing like crazy. It's exhausting!!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:06 PM

just 6 more posts! who is going to be 500??
Old 10-19-2007, 11:18 PM

Old 10-19-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
just 6 more posts! who is going to be 500??
Here's one more
Old 10-19-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:

Ohhhhh- that's why she's been up twice a night! :
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 10-19-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:

Oh, I hope not! try to think positively...can you drink some nursing teas just to be on the safe side?
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 10-19-2007, 11:37 PM

Almost 500!!! Yay!!!

I put Johnny in his first 9mo outfit yesterday - it was a little big but close enough that it didn't look sily on him...crazy I really can't believe they are growing so fast!

Since other babies are nursing a lot...is anyone's nips sore? I'm on a mission to find a way to make the pain stop or convince myself it's temporary...

I went to a huge rummage sale today and people were amazed by the wrap - it was so fun to show it off..a lady (probably 30yrs older than me - not saying how old that is lol) even came running up to me (I was BF in it) and said, "OH! Are you BF???? You HAVE to see this nursing nightgown!! I wanted to buy it so bad but my babies aren't nursining anymore!!!!" it was cute!

eta- I can't post anymore I'd feel wierd being the 500th
Old 10-19-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Oh wait, check out my knit-by-me first pair of longies I finished this week!!! Woo-hoo, I'm sooooo proud! Notice the dirty house... Knitting = no housework.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2119/...deeada71df.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2109/...75943ce31c.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2098/...34a2e98367.jpg
Wow! beautiful!
I think eva's smaller than Romi now so feel free to send them along when she outgrows them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
So cool doudat! The longies, I mean, not the screaming babes.

And thanks for the Motherease tips, I'll check them out. I still think I need to sew one or two, or ten, I don't even want to buy another pack of sposies and I'm down to three or four left. Better get sewin'!
Yay! I think you should totally sew your own dipes- I think it would be great fun. The ones I've seen on ds that mama's have sewed themselves look great- and you could get them exactly how you wanted them- and not pay a fortune! let us know how it turns out!!
A

Old 10-19-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Almost 500!!! Yay!!!

I went to a huge rummage sale today and people were amazed by the wrap - it was so fun to show it off..a lady (probably 30yrs older than me - not saying how old that is lol) even came running up to me (I was BF in it) and said, "OH! Are you BF???? You HAVE to see this nursing nightgown!! I wanted to buy it so bad but my babies aren't nursining anymore!!!!" it was cute!

eta- I can't post anymore I'd feel wierd being the 500th
Hey- you looked great in those pictures with your wrap! What's contra dancing? And for some reason I couldn't see the one with 'daddy'
A

eta: OOPS! it was me!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Well, today was Micah's 6 month WBV, and our first visit to our third pediatrician. (The first said Micah would die if I didn't vax, and the second said -- well, nothing because I never laid eyes on him through TWO visits!!)

Then, he begins to pull back Micah's foreskin....and I guess the "mama bear" came out in me....:....I pretty nearly screamed NO!!! at him. He then proceeds to tell me that he isn't "retracting" it as he continues pulling on it and says he is just "stretching" it. As I scream you aren't supposed to do that!! He stops as I am lunging at my son to try to protect him. Tells me that it must be stretched or it will never separate : I then tell him that is not true that between himself and time it will separate just fine. I think he saw that I would not be backing off and moved on with his exam. I guess next time I will be presenting a mound of research (including the AAP) which states vehemently that it should not be messed with.

Oh, and I got the job I applied for!!
Holy, mama! What a crappy visit! I'm so proud of you for letting your mama bear out- I hope I would would act in the exact same way as you!! I think you're lucky for not getting pushed on the vaxing though- I can't say the same!
Congrats on the job!

Old 10-20-2007, 12:29 AM

Queen of my Castle

::

You are the winner!

post # 500!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:

Maybe you're pg?

(Just trying to get MaxiMom off the list!)

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:34 AM

OK, on to serious posting

No, I'll be back at some point. I need to get the girls to bed.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:41 AM

hi all!
been awhile. got some catchin up to do.

the longies look great doudat.

it's raining. i'm tired. we had our annual harvest bash tonight. i'm off to bed.

but i wanted to check in and say hi.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 10-20-2007, 12:45 AM

oh and i took zenon for his 6mo wbv and confirmed my guess-timate... he is 21 lbs (and 27 inches) kaylo was both of those at a year!

Old 10-20-2007, 12:59 AM

ooo and new picture of the boys in my siggy (taken about a week ago)

Old 10-20-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
ooo and new picture of the boys in my siggy (taken about a week ago)
Such sweet boys
You live in paradise!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:04 AM

YESSSSS! I KNEW I COULD DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Queen of my Castle

::

You are the winner!

post # 500!

Old 10-20-2007, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Maybe you're pg?

(Just trying to get MaxiMom off the list!)
Well ya, cuz you're second! 10 sisters...kids know, ya know??
A

User Tag List