April 2007 Mamas - It's October! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2007, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitii View Post
I can set something up on my web site if anyone is interested.
i actually had been thinking about this, i think its a good idea and it would be cool if someone here could do it! i thought of bugging Dh to but that would be a pita lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Hey mamas,
I will try and make this my last bummer post...
So I have been trying to find some help for the ppd and in doing so ended up with CPS at the door yesterday. Apparently they were just there for support, but they still looked through everything and now they are keeping tabs on me. I have an appt. with some doc today so we'll see how that goes, but basically I'm going home. I just booked my flights today, so we leave on Sunday. Dp is a little ticked I think, but is trying to be understanding.
I just want to feel like me again! I will be going to my family doc when I get back east and I will feel much safer about that since he knows me and won't over (or under)react.
*sigh* I can't wait to be with my family!
A
btw Arlo is doing great...he is so easy going! A real love of a baby
Oh, my goodness! I totally can't even believe that happened, it's just so crazy! What does it even mean? Good grief...what a way to freak a mama out...and how exactly does it happen? Arne't appointments with dr's confidential? Oh Anika, I hope you get some real support and help at home. How long are you going for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesax View Post
I have totally fallen off the face of the planet, and have decided I need some more "mom" time on here!
Welcome! Your girls are freaking adorable! Love the 'snow white, rose red' looks!!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 PM

Ummmm, what's with all these babies standing up on things. Like are we having a contest or something? Standing is not allowed, especially pictures of standing. Rolling, and crawling, whatever, I haven't seen any visuals of this so I can brush it off. But standing??? Nope. not having any of it.

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 10-02-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Up all night-again!
Boy is the house a mess. Poor Noah has that sick, whiny raspy cry.

He sure lights up when Dada comes in, it is so precious.

I just gave away a bunch of longies, booties, baby clothes, etc... on DS. I LOVE that website. I have been shut out of MDC TP-bc I posted too many ISOs before Noah was born. We live in rural MT, where else am I gonna find this kind of stuff? I can't believe I would be shut out-I have over 700 posts! Just irks me.

Have a sunny day! Enjoy the fall colors!
I like you're hair! It's cute. I got my bangs cut for the same reason, I was always putting it up.
And that's so weird about the MDC tp- I didn't even know that could happen!
A

Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 PM

Hi, this is my first time posting in this thread.
My sweet lo was born April 22, 2007. I also have a 22 yo DD and am also in the procsess adopting my 13 month old twin neice and nephew (whom we have had since they were 3 weeks old) as well as my 9 yo nephew and 11 yo neice. In the past year our family has grown from just hubby and I at home to a family of 8 (with three of them under a year old)

It has been quite an adjustment, but I am loving every (well, almost every ) minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
montanamom-maybe bigger babes are slower...zenon is close to 20# too, i think. i'll find out for sure soon...
I do think the bigger babies are slower. WIth our twins Camryn has always been smaller than her brother Carson. Right now she weighs 21 pounds and he is 25. She was crawling and walking before him.

Mom to, Cassi,, 25 yo daughter, 4 yo twins, Carson & Camryn 3 yo Caitlyn and my wonderful 14 yo neice, Carlie
Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 PM

: It's official. Everybody, Romi is my favourite. After my own achievent of perfect offspring, of course. And her taste is impeccable.
:
But her mama drives me batty. shame, shame, buying all those expensive things for a wee little baby, dressing her up like a little doll! So my own dear daughter says things like, 'where's my crankypants, mama? Why don't I have a set of crankypants?'
Ech. keeping up with the ddc'ers. :

Old 10-02-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Hey mamas,
I will try and make this my last bummer post...
So I have been trying to find some help for the ppd and in doing so ended up with CPS at the door yesterday. Apparently they were just there for support, but they still looked through everything and now they are keeping tabs on me. I have an appt. with some doc today so we'll see how that goes, but basically I'm going home. I just booked my flights today, so we leave on Sunday. Dp is a little ticked I think, but is trying to be understanding.
I just want to feel like me again! I will be going to my family doc when I get back east and I will feel much safer about that since he knows me and won't over (or under)react.
*sigh* I can't wait to be with my family!
A
btw Arlo is doing great...he is so easy going! A real love of a baby
that is so rough! i'm glad you are going to go be with famly.

i think romi is a doll in those crankypants...but i can't believe she is standing up!

montana mom- i love your haircut too! makes me want one...i've been tempted to donate some hair (haven't cut it except an occasional trim in ten years)

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Ummmm, what's with all these babies standing up on things. Like are we having a contest or something? Standing is not allowed, especially pictures of standing. Rolling, and crawling, whatever, I haven't seen any visuals of this so I can brush it off. But standing??? Nope. not having any of it.

A
It is a good way to see those crankypants in action ! Seems that you get a fat baby or you get a super active baby for fairness. Unless you're doudat and you get both at the same time.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:

A
Agreed!

Old 10-03-2007, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj;
i actually had been thinking about this, i think its a good idea and it would be cool if someone here could do it! i thought of bugging Dh to but that would be a pita lol
I just finished setting up the basics of a forum where we can talk in real posts on my web site.... at http://ddc.greyskies.org - someone try it out and see if it works ok

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 AM

Quote:
I have an appt. with some doc today so we'll see how that goes, but basically I'm going home. I just booked my flights today, so we leave on Sunday. Dp is a little ticked I think, but is trying to be understanding.
Finnsmama, I have been in the same situation, although not with PPD, just regular plain old depression, but moving home was such a welcome relief for me. You need to do what will keep you sane.

Quote:

A
I thought the same way when I saw Hannah doing it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkRotts View Post
Hi, this is my first time posting in this thread.
My sweet lo was born April 22, 2007. I also have a 22 yo DD and am also in the procsess adopting my 13 month old twin neice and nephew (whom we have had since they were 3 weeks old) as well as my 9 yo nephew and 11 yo neice. In the past year our family has grown from just hubby and I at home to a family of 8 (with three of them under a year old)
Wow! Welcome, and kudos to you for taking on such an adventure! I'm sure you're going to have fun!!

Quote:
: It's official. Everybody, Romi is my favourite. After my own achievent of perfect offspring, of course. And her taste is impeccable.
Oh, what-EVER!!!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 10-03-2007, 04:18 AM

finn'smama- that has got to be the worst, I would be so upset and wanting to go home, too. I'm sure it will be great to get the hugs and support you need IRL.

AkRotts - Wow, superMom!!! Welcome to you and the other newbies. The more the merrier.

Is this standing for real or just a momentary pose to show off?

Krismarie- OT - are you still canning like crazy? I did clean my stove top finally, but apples are coming next, yikes! Enjoy the extra hands, that must be really nice. I only wish a family member would come visit, it's always me having to travel east with the children.

I am STILL pulling my hair out, literally. Are you gals still shedding?

Here are some new fun photos. Max took the one of Scarlet sans clothing and the one of us.

chunky http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...07/t_=91799807

scooted backwards to Max's toys
http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...07/t_=91799807

sitting up with bro
http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...07/t_=91799807

me and babe
http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...99807_91799807

new raincoat
http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...99807_91799807
Old 10-03-2007, 04:21 AM

Quote:
I just finished setting up the basics of a forum where we can talk in real posts on my web site.... at http://ddc.greyskies.org - someone try it out and see if it works ok
I was unable to access it.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:52 AM

Oh yeah, Scarlet has a cold. Red eyes, runny nose and the cutest little cough and she still smiles all day. What a love
Old 10-03-2007, 05:00 AM

E - Your haircut is so cute! I cut my hair about a year ago, over a foot off and the hair salon donated it. However, dh was sad and told me I could never cut my hair again. So, it's growing back, but man it was so long and hard to manage before I cut it all off. I called it my sassy cut. Have fun with it.

Ok, can you tell everyone is asleep and I finally have free hands for the computer? Off to lurk on other boards...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:36 AM

Quote:
fun!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Krismarie- OT - are you still canning like crazy? I did clean my stove top finally, but apples are coming next, yikes! Enjoy the extra hands, that must be really nice. I only wish a family member would come visit, it's always me having to travel east with the children.

I am STILL pulling my hair out, literally. Are you gals still shedding?
cute pictures!

yes, but not quite as much... our tomatoes are pretty much done even though i want more sauce but, yes apples are coming! i've been trying to freeze some greens before it frosts here. a friend said she'd bring me some apples last week and i told her to hold off a week. it is a rare treat to have family out here...i'm luvin it. what do you do with apples? we only make applesauce?

and i'm still pulling out hair too...i hate it. there are long hairs all over our house!
my dh is the same way!! he doesn't want me to cut my hair.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
But her mama drives me batty. shame, shame, buying all those expensive things for a wee little baby, dressing her up like a little doll! So my own dear daughter says things like, 'where's my crankypants, mama? Why don't I have a set of crankypants?'
you're too funny

Old 10-03-2007, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom;
I was unable to access it.
What kind of error did you get?

Old 10-03-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I gave Daniel a mesh feeder with a frozen breastmilk cube in it (a boob cube! ) and he's in seventh heaven. It's hilarious.
Gianna enjoys this as well! Soooo messy....soooo worth it.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
What kind of error did you get?
This one:

You are using an Invalid IP to access this site!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
sooo
how many post each day to reach 500?

That was how it was w ds1, he finally slept thru for the 1st time at 2 years old!@!
We might be on our way there! Can you believe we're on page 5 and it's the 3rd!

my dd3 is not a very good sleeper until the last few weeks. She again slept through the night last night!!! I'm so amazed. I really do think that the omega's, probiotics, and steroid cream are making the difference.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:07 PM

Wow- so many posts!

MaxiMom- how do you post the snapfish photos individualy?

UltimateSerj and I saw each other at LLL today and Caroline and Johnny were so adorable! They totally noticed each other and smiled at each other and stuff - so cute! (sorry no photos - will have to get some next time they are together).

serenitii- thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post

UltimateSerj and I saw each other at LLL today and Caroline and Johnny were so adorable! They totally noticed each other and smiled at each other and stuff - so cute! (sorry no photos - will have to get some next time they are together).

serenitii- thanks!

it was so Cute!!! Johnny was laughing at Caroline and i was like she doesn't even notice other babies and then she gave him a big old smile!! oh i had my camera phone we should of snap a picture!! i think we will try to go to a park next week and make everyone come then we will get some pics!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom;
This one:

You are using an Invalid IP to access this site!
Can you try it now?

Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Wow- so many posts!

MaxiMom- how do you post the snapfish photos individualy?
I click on the picture I want to post, then copy the address and paste.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Can you try it now?
It worked!!! Cool.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:41 PM

we have double the may mommy posts!:

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
we have double the may mommy posts!:
woo-hoo!!! We win, we are better than they are, we have better babies and we are cooler : Ok, I'm lacking sleep.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
:
Mmmm, call me skeptical, but could you be buttering me up to eventually get your greedy paws on my crankies for future offsprings (knowing that romi is my last)?

As for being driven to battiness, I can't even tell you how many times romi has asked: "mama, where's my painting?" or "mama, why don't we have a Babyhawk?" or even "mama, why can't I speak english?" How do you answer to that? Of course I fill the void with crankies. Apologetically, she gets cool clothes. I do my best but I can't measure up to all of you. So I stalk the boards and every so often tell romi "if you stand up for the picture, mama will get you some cool longies" And she does. Because she is kind. And I am weak.

User Tag List