April 2007 Mamas - It's October! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2007, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
just posting a quick update...(and i just copy and pasted from the ppd forum, so i don't have to type it all out again )

So Sat i called a crisis line hoping to connect with some resources and got the # for public health and that they did ppd screening. i called the next day and spilled my guts to, including that i had thoughts of harming my toddler. They put me in contact with mental health who proceeded to give me more phone #'s (all i really wanted was the name of a doc with some experience with ppd) and i kinda broke down crying. anyway next thing you know cps is at the door.
Now apparently they were only there to assess the safety of the kids and to offer resources, but I was freaked! We co-sleep, non vax, no wbv etc and we just moved across the country, I've been depressed so you can only imagine what the house looked like.
I did find a doctor who finally got it and prescribed medication. I am hoping to feel better in a couple of weeks.
So everything is fine, except i had a bit of a reaction to the meds she gave me, so just working out the kinks now.
We are moving back east permanently, and that has already made me feel better.
So, onward and upward.
Thanks for all the kind words and support girls!
Now off to check out our new forum!
A
i wish i could come with queen and bring you choc and soup...(that is actually what i do do with new mama friends around here ) i'm so glad that things are onward and upward for you and that you are moving back and that is making you feel so much better

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
And Montreal for all!!! We should do a big april 2007 DDC meetup here, everybody's invited!!! It would be so fun. We could knit, and vent, and boast
ooh that would be fun. it's only fair that you share your amelie-land with all of us!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 10-04-2007, 12:43 PM

Hi everyone, I had Valerie on April 16 and was participating in the due date club but haven't been keeping up. Like finnsmama we moved cross country this summer and I'm trying really hard to adjust. I miss my friends and feel very lonely sometimes. This week my husband was on a business trip (he came home last night) and I cried every day that he was gone from feeling overwhelmed with all the children alone. I finally found a dentist and made an appointment (but it's in November!) because I lost my only filling (it's not a big one) and I keep getting peanuts stuck in the little space.

I also read Fast Food Nation and that was a mistake. I'm having some major food issues now...like I can not eat anything that I have not made with my own two hands from scratch anymore, and I am often too busy to cook.

Geez, rereading this it looks like I'm doing pretty bad. I am not, overall. I'm just in a sort of difficult adjustment period to new life and new baby. Too much for sure! I'll be fine in a few months I think when I've made some acquaintances and the baby isn't quite as needy.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:06 PM

We can still post silly little things to meet our 500 post quota.

My silly little thing:
I'm selling off a bunch of random things on diaperswappers for money to purchase this super cute hanging pail wetbag that matches Scout's room: http://www.thegoodmama.com/index.php...roducts_id=300

....except I really want 2 of them so I can have one clean while the other is in the laundry....but I don't think I have enough stuff to sell to by 2.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:15 PM

Ahem. Does anyone remember me? LOL. I fell of the face of our DDC planet.

We are doing well. Busy little bees. I quit my job in August and we are SOOO happy to have me staying at home. Baby #3 and the first time for me to be SAHM. (OK, I put ina few hours at my store when big kids are at their fathers, but still....)

Bodhi turned 6 months on the 1st (remember myt April fool baby?) and is crawling, sitting up, and talking up a storm. Whenever dh gets up b4 me, he puts a bunch of pillows, etc y his side of the bed in case B wakes and rolls around b4 I get up. This morning I woke up to B laughing and talking standing up holding to the side of the bed!!! He was on a Blues Clues "thinking chair". I have to think he just was lucky to land there, and didn't actuallly pull himself um but..,.:

Anyone else have a moving baby that seems bored half the time? I think he is about to hit a growth spurt. He is nursing more, and has been getting cranky easier. Still no teeth.

He LOVES being on my back in the Mei tai though. OMG, seriosuly, he would stay there all day long if I could handle it. Maybe I should just wear him more through this transition period., hmmm

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Old 10-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
We can still post silly little things to meet our 500 post quota.

My silly little thing:
I'm selling off a bunch of random things on diaperswappers for money to purchase this super cute hanging pail wetbag that matches Scout's room: http://www.thegoodmama.com/index.php...roducts_id=300
Knowing how easily swayed we are by diapering products, you would post this? You are evil.
Off to check out Goodmama's website...
Old 10-04-2007, 01:43 PM

KrisMarie - We'll be making apple butter and apple pie filling this year. We did both last year and they came out great.

Finn'sMama- Glad to hear you're feeling better already. Being home again will be great. Happy mamas make happy families.

Montreal in winter sounds fabulous, wish we could just fly through cyber space!

I've got to try Scarlet on my back in the Mei Tai. She likes the front alright, but she chews on it, practically squirms out trying to turn around and definitely has not fallen asleep in it. And sometimes it's hard to see around her big head! I do like it as an alternative to the sling though.

Welcome back April mamas!
Old 10-04-2007, 02:53 PM

Sigh...I am a bad mom. I have Hannah caught up by the boob tube right now. Something I never thought I would do. She is just so content watching Go Diego Go that I can't resist letting her be!! Bad Mama...BAD Mama!!

On another note, Hubby put in for a PCS (or transfer, for those who are non-militarily inclined! ) To Cherry Point, NC...I can't find ANY info on it from my other Marine wives. I guess none of them are stationed there.

Yesterday, my 1 year old, 'fixed' cat sprayed on my $2100 couch...that we got 5 days ago. : : : Thank God for the protection plan, but I am REALLY hoping that the 'stain' protection includes smell, because when I called, they said to not do ANYTHING to it, so it's drying and smelling worse every minute. : :

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
And Montreal for all!!! We should do a big april 2007 DDC meetup here, everybody's invited!!! It would be so fun. We could knit, and vent, and boast

will you still let a virgin knitter in?

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:34 PM

DH just rushed Claire to the ER last night.

The girls tried on their costumes this evening. Claire looked so cute wagging her tiger tail. She fell asleep with it on and woke up screaming! She is itchy and full of hives. She's also having an asthma attack. DH had just left to go to the grocery store so I nebbed her while waiting for him to rush home.

She didn't have to stay long in the ER. They nebbed her again and she perked up for them. She's home on steroids and did well all night. DH and I didn't sleep well because we were in and out of her room checking on her. (Sophia's been up since 4:30 just because so I'm ready for a nap.)

I called her lung doctor today to see if he wants Claire to be back on her steroid inhaler. She has an app't with him on Tuesday so that works out well as a follow up.

It's just crazy to think about how fast things change for her.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
will you still let a virgin knitter in?
Of course, you are after all the best May DDC spy around . You are my #1 accomplice. So what you may lack in knitting skills, you gain in shadiness, and that my friend is priceless. Montreal will thus welcome you with open arms
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM

On the other hand, is it your dd's costume that cause some type of allergic reaction? Scary stuff. At least she didn't have to stay in the hospital for too long. Nothing is worst than a sick kid.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Firsttimepreggers: eeeeeeeeeeeeew!!! Cat stink!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 PM

mclisa that is so scarry!!!!!! I am glad she is better. Do you think it could be the chemicals the pump into those costumes to make them fire proof that effected her???
Again I am glad she is ok!!! Scarry....Scarry & not the good Halloween Scarry!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 10-04-2007, 07:43 PM

Mclisa's post had me thinking....are you dressing up your 6 month old for halloween???

We are. I am buying baby scrubs & Abby is going dressed as her Dad...They look so much alike!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 PM

mclisa- so scary glad she is doing better and I hope the can figure out why it happened...

We are dressing Johnny up - but people have given us several costumes for him...I'm not sure if I would or not otherwise..
Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 PM

we have a pumpkin costume from the other kids that i might pull out and put on Caroline, but my mil got her a little outfit from carter with a witch on it and pants have a little black cat and i think that might be all she wears, she will be in the cozy/sling/ergo so its not like people are really going to see her anyway

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
we get those to all over the side of the house! but ours come in spring i haven't seen them in fall
Lucky you.
We only have boxelder trees so we get them all spring, part of summer and part of fall.

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Old 10-05-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy View Post
Mclisa's post had me thinking....are you dressing up your 6 month old for halloween???
Do I look like a Mom who would dress her son up as a lobster? Do you think I'd really have checked to see if he fit in the large stockpot tonight? And really, would I have just priced a chef's jacket at the restaurant supply shop yesterday?

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
DH just rushed Claire to the ER last night.
That sounds horrific! Glad she's ok...what sort of conditions does she have?
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 10-05-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
Do I look like a Mom who would dress her son up as a lobster? Do you think I'd really have checked to see if he fit in the large stockpot tonight? And really, would I have just priced a chef's jacket at the restaurant supply shop yesterday?

that's hilarious! i was going to say 'no, i'm not going to dress up my baby (maaaybe my 2.5 yr old) becuase i'm a mean cranky old mom', but then again, that sounds like a lot of fun!!
hmmm what could i dress my fat baby up as???? a dinner roll?

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 10-05-2007, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post

omg i want to see pictures!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 10-05-2007, 01:18 AM

I bought Evan a penguin costume, size 9 mos. about a month ago, but now he's already wearing 12 mos. in a lot of things and I'm not sure it's going to fit him. The rest of the costumes are pretty picked over here; I may have to settle for a pumpkin bib.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
omg i want to see pictures!!!
haha, me too!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 10-05-2007, 02:11 AM

Well, it's official...Micah has his first cold. : : I know it is good that it is strengthening his immune system, but he is just pitiful. I will rock/nurse him towards sleep, and when he is almost gone, he tries to take a breath (imagine that!!) and he can't because he's all snotty When he finally begins to drift off, he has started doing this moaning/humming thing...I don't know if he is just fighting it or if it is helping him breathe.

I bought Micah a cow costume that he looked so adorable in a couple of weeks ago, but I think he has gone through a growth spurt since then, so who knows if it will actually fit come Halloween.

I do have a question about solids -- I haven't given anything to Micah yet. Just breastmilk and water...I want to wait until he has met all the milestones, but what is considered sitting up unassisted? 1 min? 2 min? 5 min? 10 min? And how do you test the pincer grasp?

mclisa -- sorry to hear about your daughter's trip to the ER!! How scary for you! I hope she is continuing to improve.

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 10-05-2007, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Knowing how easily swayed we are by diapering products, you would post this? You are evil.
Off to check out Goodmama's website...
I'm mean, huh? :
Old 10-05-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Well, it's official...Micah has his first cold. : : I know it is good that it is strengthening his immune system, but he is just pitiful. I will rock/nurse him towards sleep, and when he is almost gone, he tries to take a breath (imagine that!!) and he can't because he's all snotty When he finally begins to drift off, he has started doing this moaning/humming thing...I don't know if he is just fighting it or if it is helping him breathe.

I do have a question about solids -- I haven't given anything to Micah yet. Just breastmilk and water...I want to wait until he has met all the milestones, but what is considered sitting up unassisted? 1 min? 2 min? 5 min? 10 min? And how do you test the pincer grasp?
Ah the joys of only having one child. I remember liam getting his first cold at like 10 months!! Romi's on her 3rd. Yep. Liam brings everything home

As for solids... Sitting up unassisted means for a good period of time (not minutes). You'll notice he'll be sitting and able to grab things while sitting down. If he's sitting for a minute or two, he's on his way! As for pincer grasp, you need to get a fairly small item (as in cherios sized) and see if he can grab it using his thumb and forefinger.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:45 AM

Oh, and i bought romi a Gymboree flower bunting for Halloween. We are in MOntreal and it's gonna be cold come the 31st!! I don't know for liam yet, his will require more thought since he needs to wear it at daycare before trick or treating.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
I'm mean, huh? :
I'm just relieved none fit into romi's decor (her room is pink and black), so I saved myself from temptation!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
As for pincer grasp, you need to get a fairly small item (as in cherios sized) and see if he can grab it using his thumb and forefinger.
Should they be able to use their pincer grasp to put something in there mouth or just pick something up? Johnny wil pick up small pieces of avovado etc with his thumb and forfinger but then he usualy just shoves his the back of his hand into his mouth lol. then he gets mad and opens his mouth like a bird waiting for me to feed him.

User Tag List