April 2007 Mamas - It's October! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Anyone having battles between toddler and daddy? DH gets all upset when ds is bratty and I wish he didn't take it so personally, ds is bratty to me all day. Then dh gets upset if I "defend" ds, that's not the right word, but anyway. The kid is only 3 and has a new baby sister and wants to still be the baby even though he is really a little boy, and is still potty learning, it's all making me crazy and I wish I didn't have to deal with it!
Nah...he has to take care of her for that to happen! He spends time with her for about an hour a day, and that hour is amazing-magical-daddy-you're-home-and-different-from-mommy time....she doesn't really ever fuss for him, because she doesn't have the time to!! Our problem is when she grabs at his face, he insists that she's trying to hurt on purpose...and raises his voice. : I'm REALLY trying to teach him not to do that.

On a different note...we are trying to have Hannah sleep in her crib all night tonight for the first time. I have a body pillow between us (me in the bed, and her in the sidecarred crib) and I'm hoping that I will be able to sit up and nurse her, and then put her back to bed. So far I haven't been to succesful at keeping her in there...she just rolls right onto the bed, or I pull her out without waking up! :-[

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
ok, I feel like it's taking me forever to get my posts up, legitamately. why can't i break out of 600??
A
that's funny...b/c i'll glance at peoples post numbers sometimes and i was surprised yours was in the 600s b/c i feel like we've probably all posted that many times in our ddc alone

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#183 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
DH just rushed Claire to the ER last night.

The girls tried on their costumes this evening. Claire looked so cute wagging her tiger tail. She fell asleep with it on and woke up screaming! She is itchy and full of hives. She's also having an asthma attack. DH had just left to go to the grocery store so I nebbed her while waiting for him to rush home.

She didn't have to stay long in the ER. They nebbed her again and she perked up for them. She's home on steroids and did well all night. DH and I didn't sleep well because we were in and out of her room checking on her. (Sophia's been up since 4:30 just because so I'm ready for a nap.)

I called her lung doctor today to see if he wants Claire to be back on her steroid inhaler. She has an app't with him on Tuesday so that works out well as a follow up.

It's just crazy to think about how fast things change for her.
that is frightening

#184 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
ha ha-I am an MDC addict also. In fact, my mom and dh make fun of me too. I am also addicted to DS. I just completed my first stash buying deal for another local mama. Man, did it feel good! I pretended it was for me, I mean us. I don't actually wear the diapers. Boy, if we had an income...watch out! It is probably a good thing we don't. In some ways.

So, Noah is officially SITTING up!!! 2 minutes-unassisted. Still no rolling. Still very quiet and stoic. I remember Andy being this way. In fact, we called him Stone Face.

My other internet addiction is abc.com-streaming shows. It takes 2 hours to get Noah in a deep sleep at night, so I knit and watch a little boob-tube...literally, have any of you seen The Bachelor? It is appalling (sp?).
congrats on sitting, noah!!
sounds like a nice night..knitting, tv

#185 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
OmG, I so missed MDC today! My dh thinks I'm a little nuts, when I giggle to the computer. Then he says, "oh, mothering...". Yep, my silly mama friends help me make it through the day. Time to stand and read, but no time to sit and post. Finally all are asleep here, too.

I picked up a flyer at the library today for a knitting class, but it's at 6:30pm til 8, I don't think I could swing it with the kids. Who am I kidding, I have no time anyway. I just can't keep up with you gals. Can't knit, don't paint, don't have a babyhawk, what is a girl to do!

I told dh today to hold off on canning(he brought home three buckets of apples!!!!), I wanted to have my kitchen clean for a day. So he swept the floor for me today and lo and behold, the kiddos napped together (never happens), so I got to mop and vaccuum. Amazing the things one gets excited about these days.

Anyone having battles between toddler and daddy? DH gets all upset when ds is bratty and I wish he didn't take it so personally, ds is bratty to me all day. Then dh gets upset if I "defend" ds, that's not the right word, but anyway. The kid is only 3 and has a new baby sister and wants to still be the baby even though he is really a little boy, and is still potty learning, it's all making me crazy and I wish I didn't have to deal with it!

I should have posted twice, one for good stuff, one for vent, to up our posts! Oh well, doing the best I can here.
sometimes i just have to let the house go and use a rare occasion (like them napping at the same time) to knit or do something else!

yes, ds1 and dh have battles...mostly b/c dh loses his cool really fast and ds plays off of it and throws crzy fits. not cool.

apples this weekend?? i should, we'll see if it happens.

#186 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 10:29 AM

regarding all of these adorable costumes i'm hearing about--i'll need to see pictures! a lobster? a penguin? how cute!

my mom got zenon a tiger costume. it says 9 months but is actually rather large, so it fits him.

#187 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
We can still post silly little things to meet our 500 post quota.

My silly little thing:
I'm selling off a bunch of random things on diaperswappers for money to purchase this super cute hanging pail wetbag that matches Scout's room: http://www.thegoodmama.com/index.php...roducts_id=300

....except I really want 2 of them so I can have one clean while the other is in the laundry....but I don't think I have enough stuff to sell to by 2.
I LOVE my goodmama bags. We have 2 of the stick fairy ones. I bought the first and it was so much easier to use than my old one that I bought a second for upstairs! Great value, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I am excited about it!! I have tried looking for some links backing up self-feeding to share with people IRL so they understand, but I haven't found much....If you come across something, will you share?

I have also read posts about cereal being unnecessary and void of nutritional value. Does anyone have any research that backs that up?
I can't remember where I read it, but cereal took off bc babies on formula were not getting enough iron. Iron was easy to add to cereals, so the recommendation was given to have babies start cereal at 4 mo for iron.

I had some leftover rice the other day and blended it up for Abby, but ut sure is messy. Its just easier to breast feed than spoonfeed. She loves gnawing on carrots, so maybe we'll just self feed.

BTW, Abby is 6 mo with two teeth, working on her second cold, scooting around, sitting up briefly, and she can roll either way and get across the room (10 feet) in about 5 min by rolling and scooting.
#188 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Can't knit, don't paint, don't have a babyhawk, what is a girl to do!

I should have posted twice, one for good stuff, one for vent, to up our posts! Oh well, doing the best I can here.
Ya but you can can, that's something I would love to do!

I notice ds is a lot more 'daddy daddy' and I try to encourage more time with him. I think this is the age where they go from 'mommy' to 'daddy'. I think ds is more 'bratty' when he doesn't get his daddy time.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#189 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
page 5, longies and soakers, spots corner
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.ph...810&vid=200001
I went to bed last night
ooooh, cute!!!! I really like that colorway! I like how the green warms it up (or is it yellow?).
Eva can do a 6.5" inseam? I'm already at 8" for Romi. But she is really tall.

ETA: I wanted to say: careful on Spot's Corner, lots of mamas got scammed there. ALWAYS CHECK FOR FEEDBACK!!
This one has feedback so I'm not saying that for this transaction, but I just wanted to warn everyone
#190 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 11:03 AM

Thank goodness the site is back up! I was so board while pumping yesterday! I had to resort to reading the local paper's website. Even the sports.

My parents babysat Sophia on Tuesday while the rest of us went to "Go Diego! Go!". She now has a tooth. I blame them.

She has been paying more attention to us while we eat, but she still doesn't sit well. She's nearly crawling though.

I'm not in that big of rush to feed her because of Claire's allergy issues. Poor Sophia won't be getting anything for another month. I'm skipping the cereals all together. I've heard the same thing about them with the iron story. We'll be doing pears first which is suppose to be one of the least allergic foods out there. Turkey is too and I'm thinking by the time I feed her it will be thanksgiving time.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#191 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
My other internet addiction is abc.com-streaming shows. It takes 2 hours to get Noah in a deep sleep at night, so I knit and watch a little boob-tube...literally, have any of you seen The Bachelor? It is appalling (sp?).
I'm looking at Perezhilton.com :. Scarier than the Bachelor. But ooooooh, so addicting! Bad Britney

Yeah for sitting though!!! It's fun to see them have a new perspective!

Ok, dh is waiting outside with the kiddos. And i'm here typing. gotta go!
#192 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 11:26 AM

MonTanaMama: does your DH know what he wants to do once he's a PA? Does he want to stay general and work in a clinic or something else?

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#193 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 11:48 AM

Goodmorning! Wow- now I have to remember which forum I posted stuff on

We wait on the front porch for daddy to come home and as soon as he does Johnny laughs at him I mean, daddy is funny even when he is not looking at Johnny! The babe can fus all day with me and be perfectly happy with daddy too...not fair!!!

Oh, we let him chew on a celery stick yesterday and he adored it - I don't think he got any chunks but I am sure he got juice and it allowed us to eat in peace!
#194 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 11:49 AM

Hey- we're almost to 200 on day 6...
#195 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Hey- we're almost to 200 on day 6...
Oh no- I'm back from the other forum already and no new posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I'm so so bored today I think it's time to try out the water carrier I was given and get out of the house to be productive!!!!!!!
#196 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 12:21 PM

But surely trying to reach 500 is not unproductive! and niether is talking to oneself - I mean at least better here than at the grocery store, right?
#197 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Ok- off to stalk mommies at the local park LOL

You know what happened yesterday? I ALWAYS wear Johnny when out and the first time I go to the park with Johnny in a stroller I meet a mommy with a hotsling on LOL
#198 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Ok- off to stalk mommies at the local park LOL
Maybe I should do this...I don't have any mommy friends IRL

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#199 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Maybe I should do this...I don't have any mommy friends IRL
well I didn't make it yet because he's NAPPING!!!!! (so excited second morning in a row with a long nap!) So shouldn't I be working or cleaning?
#200 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 01:42 PM

So here is the instructions for stalking mommy friends:

1) Go to a public place (playground, grocery store etc)

2) Scan area for a mommies

3) Choose mommy you think you would most like to meet (BWing, BFing, has X amount of kids X ages etc) - this will be your conversation starter!

4) Make eye contact and smile

5) If she smiles back purposely walk "past" her or even towards her

6) Say "Hi," followed by your conversation starter for example: "Hi, how do you like your Moby?"

7) If you're brave enough exchange phone numbers or email addresses before leaving!

Hmmm....soo...do I have that way to thought out or what? I sound desperate LOL The sad thing is I actually DO that! And I HAVE mommy friends IRL and I'm always looking for more....
#201 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 01:43 PM

I had to seperate the last two posts to reach 200
#202 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:

3) Choose mommy you think you would most like to meet (BWing, BFing, has X amount of kids X ages etc) - this will be your conversation starter!

6) Say "Hi," followed by your conversation starter for example: "Hi, how do you like your Moby?"

7) If you're brave enough exchange phone numbers or email addresses before leaving!

Hmmm....soo...do I have that way to thought out or what? I sound desperate LOL The sad thing is I actually DO that! And I HAVE mommy friends IRL and I'm always looking for more....
I'm not very brave...a chicken actually : But at least I have the guidelines now!

#203 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 01:47 PM

I have actually just now started coming out of my lurking shell here! :

#204 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 02:41 PM

You wouldn't have too much stalking to do around here. Not alot of open bf'ng and rare bw'ng sitings.

Just wanted to let you know you aren't talking to yourself all of the time!

#205 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:

that's awesome! so funny, reminds me of the notes I took on 'how to flirt' when i was a young teenager!
I try to stalk around here, but once I joined LLL I found heaven, and a ton of potential friends. now my problem is trying to sound not too eager, like, i'm an artist, I have to be cool.

i thought it was funny that you were posting to yourself!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#206 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I went to bed last night
ooooh, cute!!!! I really like that colorway! I like how the green warms it up (or is it yellow?).
Eva can do a 6.5" inseam? I'm already at 8" for Romi. But she is really tall.

ETA: I wanted to say: careful on Spot's Corner, lots of mamas got scammed there. ALWAYS CHECK FOR FEEDBACK!!
This one has feedback so I'm not saying that for this transaction, but I just wanted to warn everyone
Hey thanks, I kinda bought them on impulse. I liked the colourway, which is why I bought them, i'm a bit fussy that way I guess. thanks for the warning, I didnt know about it and i don't shop there a lot.

But get this. So I've been on the search for the perfect pair of longies that fit into my budget, and the mission has been somewhat unsucessful, except for a couple pair. Well, a friends' mama can knit, and they've been hanging out here a bit b/c she's pregnant (the daughter-single young mom) and we talk diapers all the time. Well, the mother went home and started to knit, and today she came back with a hot pink/periwinkle purple striped set with a heart on the bum, Eva's perfect size!! Too freaking cute!! She gave them to me, and says there are more coming b/c my dh plows their driveway for fun. So here I have a perfect knitter, local, who whipped them up in a few hours, with awesome fashion sense, who will make them according to Eva's size FOR FREE!!! Did I just die??? that's even freaking better than knitting myself!
will post pics soon!
A

#207 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 04:45 PM

just checkin in..checkin things out.

Gianna is ACTUALLY SLEEPING ALL ALONE in our bed. She looks like an angel. I don't know what to do with myself. Should sweep the floor. Should clean the bathrooms. Probably won't happen. I haven't had time to myself in awhile so I think I might just hang out.

G started pushing herself up with her arms whiles she's on her tummy...So cute...little mini baby push ups. Mostly I love the grunting noises she makes Babywearing is getting much much better, for which I am extremely thankful. She actually fell asleep in my Rsling today while I was running an erand....amazing considering she generally has to nurse to sleep and it's a big production. Of course I only needed to be in the store for like...10 minutes (I'm FAST these days) so by the time she had nodded off I was like...uhhh well. Gotta put her in the carseat...I HATED disturbing her. I almost felt like staying in the store and wandering around for an hour while she napped. But then I thought I might get kicked out for loitering and I thought that might get awkward. So I left.
#208 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 06:14 PM

Maximom-do we have parrallel lives? brattiness...grrrrr...so easily frusturates dh.

lilmom...I, too, go around thinking...hmmm, she could be my friend. in fact one Sat @ farmer's market, I said \to m y friend Beth-look at that girl she looks like she could be our friend. And that very night, my dh had his new classmate-friend over and guess who was his wife?? The girl I pegged as my new friend! Such irony!

QueenA-now you are making me a bit jealous. Will you stop bragging already!!!??!! (JK)

Queen anne-I have done that very thing. Loitering isn't something a new mama gets to do much of!
#209 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Hey thanks, I kinda bought them on impulse. I liked the colourway, which is So here I have a perfect knitter, local, who whipped them up in a few hours, with awesome fashion sense, who will make them according to Eva's size FOR FREE!!! Did I just die???
A

No, I think you've entered knittin' heaven

#210 of 810 Old 10-06-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_anne78 View Post
just checkin in..checkin things out.

Gianna is ACTUALLY SLEEPING ALL ALONE in our bed. She looks like an angel. I don't know what to do with myself. Should sweep the floor. Should clean the bathrooms. Probably won't happen. I haven't had time to myself in awhile so I think I might just hang out.

G started pushing herself up with her arms whiles she's on her tummy...So cute...little mini baby push ups. Mostly I love the grunting noises she makes Babywearing is getting much much better, for which I am extremely thankful. She actually fell asleep in my Rsling today while I was running an erand....amazing considering she generally has to nurse to sleep and it's a big production. Of course I only needed to be in the store for like...10 minutes (I'm FAST these days) so by the time she had nodded off I was like...uhhh well. Gotta put her in the carseat...I HATED disturbing her. I almost felt like staying in the store and wandering around for an hour while she napped. But then I thought I might get kicked out for loitering and I thought that might get awkward. So I left.
I loiter quite often while Micah is asleep in my Maya wrap...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page