April 2007 Mamas - It's October! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You all are giving me the traveling bug!!! Stop talking about it right now! I've always wanted to see Montreal....it's on my list.

Love the longies! I'm just trying to decide what my family would say it my kid showed up in those.

Off to figure out supper.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 07:29 PM

But one last thing since I need to boost my count up by just 2 more posts.

I took 3 of my girls (Sophia was sleeping so she stayed home with my BIL who was watching football at my house) and his 3 girls and we drove around the neighborhood. (Please don't ask how we fit them in the mini-van We stopped at 2 open houses that I wanted to see in the neighborhood. The realtors' eyes all bugged out. I looked at one and said "I had to leave the baby at home because she was sleeping". More stares! It was fun snooping through the houses.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#243 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 07:30 PM

One more to make it to 3700

thanks all for indulging me

#244 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 08:01 PM

Si turned six months old on the 3rd. He's SO BIG. He's trying to crawl. I keep trying to talk him out of it. He's been a back sleeper since birth. Now that he can roll he apparently MUST and he gets mad and wakes up when he rolls to his tummy at night.

He's cutting his 3rd tooth. Other than waking a lot and needing some extra snuggles, he's been okay.

I cannot believe it's been 6 months. His personalyity is great. I'm not ready for a mobile baby though. He's grabbing and swiping and mouthing oh my!
#245 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
One more to make it to 3700

thanks all for indulging me
Next goal: 4000. Go to it woman!!
#246 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 08:17 PM

What's with all the teeth-cutting? I thought teeth normally come in at around 8 months. You all have precocious babies.

We went to Ikea today and Romi was amazing. She was a big flirt with everyone. We overspent as usual, but got some lovely fabric for the house : We bought this house a year ago but built an extension that dh just finished today. It's so nice to see it finally done
#247 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
You all are giving me the traveling bug!!! Stop talking about it right now! I've always wanted to see Montreal....it's on my list.

Love the longies! I'm just trying to decide what my family would say it my kid showed up in those.

Off to figure out supper.
You haven't lived till you've visited Montreal. it's fabulous :
#248 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 08:20 PM

I'm up'ing my post count too :

neetling: your tag (under your user name) made me
#249 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 09:18 PM

Darnit!!! Doudat I wish I would have known you were going to Ikea. We want to buy a Latex mattress and Ikea sells them. I don't know if it is comfy or not. If you go back, could you lay down on it for me??

Or anyone else that wants to can...

Who lives in the NW US? We need to do a meet-up out here, somewhere.

Yea-Noah! He slept 4 straight hours last night. DH said he was worried about SIDS and had me check often. He slept from 7-11. ahhh. so relaxing! but dh had to study so no lovey snuggles.
#250 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Too bad we are scattered around the continent....And I think I am the farthest from anyone (in the south)
i'm in the south - mobile, alabama.

i would love to visit canada - i've only been to vancouver area - but it's way too cold for me to live there!
#251 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 10:20 PM

So, since we live in the south, and it's still summer here, we went to the beach today. And Oliver got sunburned. I have no idea how - I'm not using sunscreen on him yet, but he had a hat on and was under the umbrella the whole time, except when he took a nap in the stroller. I lived in Miami for 3 years and Cecilia NEVER had a sunburn. I feel terrible - my poor little guy.
#252 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 10:25 PM

Poor guy! I asked my pediatrician this summer, and she said it was okay to use sunscreen (Evan was 2-3 mos. old). Then, I used a sunblock terry top and bathing suit, hat with side flaps, velcro sunglasses (so cute!), a baby tent, all under one of those thingies (I'm blanking), you know, a cabana (?). Hey, he's a red-head!
#253 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Queen, I've been wondering how you heat a straw bale house (same for a yurt, do you have a fire in the middle, like a teepee?). We live in an old log cabin, so it's wood heat for us, no place to put central heat.
Yep, we heat with wood. You can also heat with radiant in-floor heating, which we have in the addition. We also designed our house so it gets great passive-solar heat in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post
I cannot believe it's been 6 months. His personalyity is great. I'm not ready for a mobile baby though. He's grabbing and swiping and mouthing oh my!
Ok, can you explain your quote unde your name to me? I didn't get it. My brain went with my placenta. I guess I should have eaten some of it.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#254 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Yea-Noah! He slept 4 straight hours last night. DH said he was worried about SIDS and had me check often. He slept from 7-11. ahhh. so relaxing! but dh had to study so no lovey snuggles.
Yay for Noah! Funny you had to include 'no lovey snuggles.' I don't know why I think it's funny that no one else is getting any sex. I just can't imagine my husband chosing anything over sex! I guess it's baffling how I ended up with such a horn-dog. Oh well, me and McLisa. I guess this puts you out of the running for 'first to have next baby'! I still bet on Maximom, though. I just have this feeeeling.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#255 of 810 Old 10-07-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I'm in southeastern Tennessee, but you were close!!
:

That's a gorgeous part of the world.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#256 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 12:37 AM

Queen-are you saying that your dh is always ready? I think my dh is too...it is just that when I am lactating I am not so ready...I guess my libido went w MY placenta. I guess it is Nature's Birthcontrol.

Now, are some of you trying to get PG??
#257 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
I dreamed of that too...and I have neighbor mom who is I think stalking me (she sent her husband to tell my husband that I should go over and talk to her and take walks with her LOL) but she leaves her child in a stroller almost all day and pretty much chain smokes (I'm not trying to offend any of you if you are smokers - but I do not smoke and try to avoid regularly having the baby around people who do). Oh well...you can't have it all!!!

Maybe you can convert her to our perfect ways lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#258 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Queen-are you saying that your dh is always ready? I think my dh is too...it is just that when I am lactating I am not so ready...I guess my libido went w MY placenta. I guess it is Nature's Birthcontrol.

Yep, it's the truth. Too bad it was drilled into us in premarital counselling 'do not deprive your spouse...' Can't argue with the Bible! I agree with you about my own libido though...but hey, I figure lovin' is good for ya anyway.
And, well, I don't think anyone is trying to get pregnant, but we were wondering who would be the first! You know, so far we've all missed the 4-5 month 'oops!' so I guess we're doing pretty good as a ddc!
A

#259 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Yay for Noah! Funny you had to include 'no lovey snuggles.' I don't know why I think it's funny that no one else is getting any sex. I just can't imagine my husband chosing anything over sex! I guess it's baffling how I ended up with such a horn-dog. Oh well, me and McLisa. I guess this puts you out of the running for 'first to have next baby'! I still bet on Maximom, though. I just have this feeeeling.
A
Hmm...ever since I got AF back I've felt like we were honeymoonin again LOL but DH is always tired from working 60hr weeks with 3-4hrs of commuting time each day....and the whole co-sleeping thing....but we concieved him during the day so I guess our sleeping arrangments don't matter LOL

Does anyone plan for sex? I seriously am thinking we might have to plan for it the next SAturday DH is off work...
#260 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 01:21 AM

wow i was gone for 2 days and you all where BUSY!!!!

#261 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Hmm...ever since I got AF back I've felt like we were honeymoonin again LOL but DH is always tired from working 60hr weeks with 3-4hrs of commuting time each day....and the whole co-sleeping thing....but we concieved him during the day so I guess our sleeping arrangments don't matter LOL

Does anyone plan for sex? I seriously am thinking we might have to plan for it the next SAturday DH is off work...
Hmm, I really don't want a reason to look forward to af back!
DH plans for sex, I agree sometimes b/c it usually means I get some time off, which is understood before. We negotiate.

On another, more innocent note, we had our Thanksgiving here today, and during he meal I set Evangeline up in a high chair at the table. She was very happy playing with a tag for awhile, then I gave her a small lump of turnip/rutabega, which she loved to play with. She may have gotten a lick or two in, but I was please to see she couldn't figure out how to get the mush to her mouth, or maybe she just enjoyed the feeling in her fingers. She got a taste, b/c she was sucking her fingers, but maybe a pea-sized amount. What a nice day to have her first 'meal'!
A

#262 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 01:40 AM

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that scheduling sex is the only way we are going to get things fired back up again. Ha! We both just wait until we're way too tired to get around to it. Sometimes we fight the tiredness and MAKE ourselves do it. But I hate it when it's forced like that, kwim? It's always nice and all, but sort of boring...because when you're tired, you just do the "basics" and go through the motions. Uugh. We BOTH need a libido boost.

Maybe we can schedule a "date" a couple times a week where we make time during DD's daytime nap. That way, we are not exhausted. But then....it will still feel forced. Sheesh.
#263 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:

My Dh is always ready, too. I got back to my pre-preg weight by my 8 week check up, and so DH was so cute...following me around saying "Oooh hot mama!!!" To him it must have looked like I was "back in business" but even now, I have to really focus and concentrate to get into lovemaking. I think my libido is low from the nursing hormones, too. It seems to be getting better though.

As for trying to get PG...we're not trying or avoiding. I COULD start charting again, but I'm too lazy. We're just doing the ecological bfing thing. I would not mind getting PG again right now...we want a large fam. the only thing that worries me is losing my milk supply. Other than that...it's whatev
#264 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Eva is so cute! And KM, I love the pics you posted on the our other forum.

Scarlet has been SCREAMING in the car lately, on our way home from shopping trips to Vancouver (WA), then when we get home she nurses and falls right asleep. Guess she's just hungry? But I fed her before we left, who knows.

Queen, I've been wondering how you heat a straw bale house (same for a yurt, do you have a fire in the middle, like a teepee?). We live in an old log cabin, so it's wood heat for us, no place to put central heat.

I'm jealous, you're all fairly close to one another, I'm on the other side of the continent. We have spoken about moving to Vermont some day,
i'll check out the map and see where you are, km.

ooo, exciting! come to vt! there is a high concentration of ap-families here (i just haven't gone out of my way to get to know lots of them) my yurt-dwelling friends heat with woodstoves. my strawbale-dwelling friends heat with a pellet stove and a solar-thermal system.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#265 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Hmm, I really don't want a reason to look forward to af back!
DH plans for sex, I agree sometimes b/c it usually means I get some time off, which is understood before. We negotiate.

On another, more innocent note, we had our Thanksgiving here today, and during he meal I set Evangeline up in a high chair at the table. She was very happy playing with a tag for awhile, then I gave her a small lump of turnip/rutabega, which she loved to play with. She may have gotten a lick or two in, but I was please to see she couldn't figure out how to get the mush to her mouth, or maybe she just enjoyed the feeling in her fingers. She got a taste, b/c she was sucking her fingers, but maybe a pea-sized amount. What a nice day to have her first 'meal'!
A
we negotiate too. i always said that i wasn't going to "use" sex like that...but dh wants it ALL the time (and i DO NOT)...so i guess a little wheelin and dealin works.

that does sound like a wonderful first meal

#266 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Duh, as soon as I checked it out, I realised what a yurt is. It's "yourte" in french, so you'd think I would've had enough smarts to figure it out. But nope. Blame the mommy-brain.

I'll see how my longies turn out. Because if they're horrific, well I don't want anyone to see them!!

ETA: Burlington is like an hour away from here!!!
wow, only an hour!? than we are close...like 3 hours max!

#267 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 AM

occasionally i freak out about things ()...most recently lead. kaylo had a high lead level when he was one and we found out the bad spots in our house. we've been trying to keep them covered but it's hard. annnnyway. for some reason i really freaked out about it recently and i'm taking both boys to be tested again today (blood-draw). i hope zenon does alright...he hasn't been poked at all yet (haven't done vax...not sure if we will) i just hope that i'm not worried about it b/c my intuition is right and they have high levels.

#268 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 10:39 AM

hey mamas, this is the first time I've posted to this thread, just checking in
we JUST moved babe from our bedroom to her bedroom this week, so DH and I dtd for the first time in like 2 months! : it was a good time
Babe has good sleeping nights and bad sleeping nights you never know what you're gonna get
I have 10lbs left to get back to prepreg weight, I HATE the last 10lbs! I feel like it will be there forever!
I'm loosly training to run a 5k on Nov 4th! I hope I make it
Susan

~Susan
widowed from Marc Nov. '09(love you more babe) mom to Sophia (9) Emma (8) Lily (5) :

#269 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbound25 View Post
I have 10lbs left to get back to prepreg weight, I HATE the last 10lbs! I feel like it will be there forever!
I'm loosly training to run a 5k on Nov 4th! I hope I make it
Susan
What a great idea! I'm down to the "final four" pounds, but I actualy want tp lose 21 more after that. Plus my wieght has not budged for at least a month. I did buy new clothes recently and DH insiists I look slimer - but I don't see it Oh and I had been all proud when I went to motherhood maternity and baught bras a few months back because she said I was DD (I was a B pre-preg) but I just baught some at Playtex and they measured me a C and went on to say, "they only get smaller and smaller from here sweetie" - I'm so disapointed
#270 of 810 Old 10-08-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
What a great idea! I'm down to the "final four" pounds, but I actualy want tp lose 21 more after that. Plus my wieght has not budged for at least a month. I did buy new clothes recently and DH insiists I look slimer - but I don't see it Oh and I had been all proud when I went to motherhood maternity and baught bras a few months back because she said I was DD (I was a B pre-preg) but I just baught some at Playtex and they measured me a C and went on to say, "they only get smaller and smaller from here sweetie" - I'm so disapointed

lol no they get bigger with each child! lol i was a c before kids and haven't seen it since lol after sam weaned before i got prego with Caroline i was done to a d finally i have been an f or dd now for years i go between the 2 lol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page