April 2007 Mamas - It's October! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd start this month's thread since I'm up late! This is the only time I can get anything done! DS is a night owl like myself and doesn't go to bed until 10:30-12AM. It makes for one tired mama.... especially since he is also very high needs during the day AND because we BF so much. ZzzzZZzzz (-.-)

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#2 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 AM

Ok we have 31 days this month, let's see if we can get 500 posts!!!!!!!!!
#3 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 09:49 AM

I'm awake. Not by choice.

Public utilities was banging on our door at 7:40am to ask us to move our cars. For a non-emergency, scheduled workday that they've not notified us about. Oh, and they're turning off the water.

DH normally gets up at 9am. The babe and I sleep in.

Grrrr. Argh.

They didn't even start working until an HOUR after they woke us up.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#4 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 10:03 AM

i can't believe its october!!! its crazy, our babies will be 6 month this month how on earth has it gone so fast??

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#5 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 10:05 AM

good morning girls!

well, last night was unusual for us too. Axel had gone to bed late, but we heard him occaisionally talking to himself until after 11. The baby slept until 6 am ! But Axel was up at 5 am and after dh spending a bit of time with him he brought him up to our bed. weird.

Happy October! I also miss our ddc.
Evangeline has found her tongue, and is always sticking it out in funny ways. I'll have to get a picture.

Oh- Serenitii- hey, you should keep drawing! It wasn't until I had Axel that I started to do it seriously- because I had LESS time. Looks good!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#6 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 10:08 AM

Oh- guess what I bought last week. Can you say addiction?
2 Elbees!
Am I freaking nuts???!!!:
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#7 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 10:23 AM

i think Caroline might be coming down with her first cold she was kinda rough sleeping last night, she never fully woke up but she seemed to want to be latched on all night long and kinda snorty ( all signs my others had when might be starting something ) and this morning she has a bunch of boogies lol i hope it doesn't get bad!! my other kids haven't been sick but i am betting its was brought home from school.

so she has been rolling back to front for about a month but not often, then the other day she rolled from front to back but just the once and NOW she is rolling to her tummy every time you lay her down and she hates being on her tummy!! tho it is getting better. but yesterday every time i laid her down asleep she would at some point roll over and wake her self up! i guess though i am lucky that its just rolling, because dd2 was crawling at 5 month!!!

#8 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 AM

Hi, first time posting in this forum. DS2 was born 4/27/07, and I have a 17 yo DD and 6 yo DS1. Evan is sleeping through the night, but up for huge stretches during the day and gets a bit difficult to entertain. He's rolling over and tripoding for short bits, on the verge of sprouting a tooth for over a month. I just love this age of babyhood, and I'm pretty sure he's my last (of course, I've said that twice before ), so I'm hanging on to every sweet moment!
#9 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris' Mom View Post
Hi, first time posting in this forum. DS2 was born 4/27/07, and I have a 17 yo DD and 6 yo DS1. Evan is sleeping through the night, but up for huge stretches during the day and gets a bit difficult to entertain. He's rolling over and tripoding for short bits, on the verge of sprouting a tooth for over a month. I just love this age of babyhood, and I'm pretty sure he's my last (of course, I've said that twice before ), so I'm hanging on to every sweet moment!
welcome! my Caroline and your Evan share a birthday!

#10 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 12:55 PM

i fell off the thread from last month, it got too fast to follow, plus nursing strikes and teething and I don't even know how we made it to October. : woo.

Anyways, the weather is gorgeous and Little G has gotten GREAT with her feet....gets them both in her mouth and just sucks away. Cracks me up.

I love how I'm mildly interesting to her, but everything daddy does is SO. DANG. FUNNY. She laughs and laughs at him no matter what, but I've got to be practically standing on my head to get even a giggle.

She has graduated to 9-12 month size clothes. Sigh. She's so ridiculously long....and she'll only be 5 months in a few days.

I hope everyong is enjoying the arrival of fall with their babes!
#11 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 01:25 PM

Happy Fall!!!

I can not believe our babes will be 6 months....how did that happen??? :

Abby is slightly sick. Austin did bring home a cold from school & so now she has a slight cough & green boogies. I also have a raspy throat & clogged head.

Has anyone's LO changed sleeping patterns? Abby used to go down pretty easily in her side car, stay there until about 4-5am & then nurse till about 8am. Now, she is up until 12am, will not go down unless she is nursing all night long. I can sneak away...but don't I dare move her to her bed. Thing is, I do not get deep sleep that way. Oh well....this too shall pass.

I hope all cold's pass soon! Happy Fall!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#12 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 02:03 PM

Welcome, Susan! Queen_anne, I know these threads move so gang fast! It's hard to keep up! Nursing strike...uughh...that does not sound like fun at all. You may already know this and probably don't need this info at this point if you are over the strikes, but I have heard that momma and baby laying nekkie in bed often is good for making baby want to take the breast for some reason. A few people I know have had great success with it. Not sure why it works.

A - Oooohh! Elbees - I am jealous!!! I thought about snatching a few from the momma who is selling a whole bunch on diaperswappers right now (they may be all gone by now - haven't checked the thread since yesterday), but I keep talking myself out of it.

My sis and her DH and their 3 kids are staying at my house right now. We are having a great time. Scout LOVE to watch the kids (all under 6 yrs) play. She's all smiles and she has actually let out a few belly laughs, which she had never done before. They are really messy and noisy...it's been a little nerve wracking for me because I am used to having a peaceful and quiet house. LOL

Here are a few pics:

Auntie meeting Scout for the first time.
Not happy.
Chillin' in the Jumperoo. :
#13 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 02:06 PM

Happy October! Happy New Thread!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#14 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Ok we have 31 days this month, let's see if we can get 500 posts!!!!!!!!!

I'm up for that challenge!

jocelyndale: yuck about no water!

Iris' Mom: Welcome! It will be interesting to hear your perspective on things with the wide age range of your kids!

Off to go look at new pictures!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#15 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 02:41 PM

Happy 6 month b-day to Hannah!! : I can't believe she's so big!! She's just getting so big. DH is always saying that she looks like a little kid now, instead of a 'baby'. I lurve her...she's got sooooo much personality,and she can roll, wiggle, scoot her way around so well...I bet she'll be crawling any minute now. She's still drooling like a champ, and has had the same little white spot on her gums for months. Last night, DH set her up on our gigantic ottoman...and let go. She stood there for about a minute and a half, holding on to the ottoman!! She is just so awesome!!!

Iris'mom, Welcome!! I can't imagine having 3 in the age ranges you've got! Kudos to you!

Look at scout all cute with her little Pebbles pony tail!! I wish I could do that to Hannah's hair...it's so fine that it just breaks right off!

I am TOTALLY up for the 500 post challenge!!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#16 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 03:26 PM

happy fall momma's

It's my first time posting in the April mommies thread too (I think) I was posting in the DDC but this thread gets cruising and huge before I ever get to it.

Caitlin was born 4/28 (we almost didn't make it in April). I can't believe how much she's grown, I was looking at pictures this weekend and nearly cried remembering how little she was. She sitting up now and she's cutting her second tooth: I feel like it's all happening so fast and I just can't get enough of her.

She really wants to crawl, she keeps trying, mostly she just squirms backward. And she really wants to eat, this weekend she grabbed at my dinner, nearly got it for herself too.

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)
#17 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 05:57 PM

#18 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 07:13 PM

subbing!
I've been going a little nuts with renovating an old house and watching out for my newly crawling babe! Having him mobile is kinda scary. We now sleep on a mattress on the floor and he can get off on his own if we're not careful.
#19 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 09:46 PM

I have been admiring our babies pics! Both babies and mamas are looking great! Babies look so "old."

Hanno-- Wow! Crawling!

So here are some photos from this weekend...

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...07/t_=90941907
#20 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 09:50 PM

To be fair, the official on-your-hands-and-knees crawling is slower and often ends up on his face so he usually does a kick-fall forward scoot because it's really fast. He is really excited about traveling, see flickr
#21 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
I have been admiring our babies pics! Both babies and mamas are looking great! Babies look so "old."

Hanno-- Wow! Crawling!

So here are some photos from this weekend...

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...07/t_=90941907
What a pretty good looking family! I'm guessing they're your parents, and you have some neices and nephews there? But mostly your sisters and brothers?
A

#22 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 10:50 PM

It's freakin' me out how 'big' and 'old' all the babies are looking! What!?? They're still tiny and newborn!!
A

#23 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 PM

lilmamma- johnny and his cousin look like they are twins!! wow its nice to see all your family lol i have met you mom and few of your siblings ( your brother that i met is sooo freaking tall!!! lol)
I love the pics every one!

#24 of 810 Old 10-01-2007, 11:58 PM

what!!?!! crawling!!

Noah is still just a blob. A BIG 20 # blob. Are bigger babies just slower? hmmmm....

He also has a cold and nights have been LLLOOOONNNNGGGG!!! Yuck! I am tired. DS1 is behaving better though, and to be honest that makes all the difference!

We close on our house on 10/22. DH has a 3 day break and we move in. Then, of course, I have to find a job. To support the mortgage. bleh!
#25 of 810 Old 10-02-2007, 12:00 AM

sooo
how many post each day to reach 500?
sorry to tired to do the math. Maybe one of you mamas that has a baby that sleeps all night....I can't even imagine what that would be like. For me,

having baby=exhausted!

That was how it was w ds1, he finally slept thru for the 1st time at 2 years old!@!
#26 of 810 Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 AM

500/31=16.12903225806 lol sooo we have to post 16 times a day i think we can do that!!
we are already ahead of that at 26 post in ONE DAY! we rock!! lol

#27 of 810 Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Banned

Dang page 2 already! I am going to be behind on this month as well... wish I could keep up better with you wonderful mamas! But Sophie has decided to be a crap napper and crap sleeper and I am trying to read a book and progress to a nap when she naps instead of being online during naps

Seriously, she wants to be ON the boob all night long, so I'm awake every hour at least, trying to not fall asleep on top of her... SIGH. She is doing some longer naps, as long as I am right there with boob in her mouth... And I can't do that w/o using one hand and being awake pretty much. I would really like two straight hours of sleep at this point. She wasn't always this bad so I'm just saying it'll pass, it'll change, wasn't it nice she gave me a break for a month or two there between newborn sleep/lessnes and this?

She also has a cold now. Really stuffed and runny nose, poor thing.

She's sooo close to sitting up on her own-- she's done it for little stretches so I wonder if all of a sudden she'll just be able to do it for long times or if it'll still be gradual as she figures out how to reach for toys w/o falling and that she needs to stop trying to stand up while sitting

Ughhhhh Padres are STILL playing and DD's back up awake; at least DH is walking her now. This is my ONE stretch of not having to be on, like all night and all day, darnit! But I thought she was out and Pad's would be done and we'd actually have mommy and daddy time and watch TV or something SIGH!!!!!!! Just treading water here....
#28 of 810 Old 10-02-2007, 12:47 AM

My husband is convinced that Ronan has put his last two pounds on entirely in his thighs.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#29 of 810 Old 10-02-2007, 12:53 AM

16.129 posts per day... we're well on our way! I think we can do it.
i got Savannah to balance for about 30 secs to take this pic! i thought she looked so grown up for a lil baby!
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/HPIM1241.jpg
and here's a big laugh
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/HPIM1245.jpg
both from friday (sorry not october pics)
(also we were talking ages in the sept. post: I'm 22, DH is 25, with just DD, hopefully more later.)

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#30 of 810 Old 10-02-2007, 01:04 AM

oops

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page