MAY 2007 It is October already - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#481 of 680 Old 10-22-2007, 09:12 PM
 
meesa143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just don't personally believe in eating meat at all. Just my preference.
meesa143 is offline  
#482 of 680 Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter
 
mum4boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
I'm searching for us under MDC and May 2007 but to no avail....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5636489435

Heidi
mum4boys is offline  
#483 of 680 Old 10-22-2007, 10:41 PM
 
dancebaraka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 1,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks for the help mama!

Grace Comes.

dancebaraka is offline  
#484 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 01:37 AM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
I love it!

We got back from my dad's last night. Why did we have to pick opening weekend of the deer hunt?? I've never seen so many deer carcasses in my life :Puke We pulled into a gas station and I commented on yet another one and DD said "I wanna pet the deer!" How do you explain that people make a game out of killing animals? Anyway, rant over. :

They took some great pics of the kids. Here is a sweet one of K in the sling (the nursing necklace I made is in that pic too) and one of him in his halloween costume
I love that pic of Kade in the sling!

about the hunting- I understand people hunting for food, and I am not opposed to that. But SOME people kill animals for the fun of it and do make a game of it I don't know how I will go about explaining that with my ds.. I think that's a question for the veg*n forum though.

----

ETA: I wanted to share this link of us SLC gals at the applebees nurse-in on mothering! http://www.mothering.com/sections/ac...-pictures.html

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#485 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 AM
 
ex-stasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
But SOME people kill animals for the fun of it and do make a game of it I don't know how I will go about explaining that with my ds.. I think that's a question for the veg*n forum though.
I'm starting to have to think about these things with my DD (2.5)... it's hard. I want her to be aware of what happens with animals in this world, but I don't want to hurt my family, all of whom eat meat.
ex-stasis is offline  
#486 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 11:05 AM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We face this issue for sure. My dh and I and ds don't eat any meat. My SIL is a chicken/pork farmer (organic, sustainable, the most ethical farmer I know). Ds is okay with this - he seems to be able to understand that they are domesticated animals and she is very nice to them and he deals. My dh's family, though, are deer hunters. They eat the meat (well, much of it at least) and so I am fine with this.

BUT, they decided this year to have two of their recent kills stuffed and mounted on the walls. DS completely freaked out and was all about how they were stupid and mean and he was sobbing. He LOVES animals (like he says all his best friends are animals, he has 2 donkeys at my moms farm and when our friend's house died her creid for days and wanted to have a ceremony and such). He loves these 'cousins' (they are really something like second cousins) and it was so, so hard for him to come to terms with loving people but not liking what they do. It's a valuable life lesson in tolerance, though.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
#487 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 AM
 
Synchro246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
about the hunting- I understand people hunting for food, and I am not opposed to that. But SOME people kill animals for the fun of it and do make a game of it I don't know how I will go about explaining that with my ds.. I think that's a question for the veg*n forum though.
A friend of mine and I were recently discussing even the differences in people who hunt for food. Some respect the animals, some do not. My dad was one who respected the animals. He was equally (if not more) angered by sport hunting than a lot of MDC moms. Then there's various family memebers on DH's side who DON'T respect the animals. Sure, they eat them as I think they should, but they do various things that make it worse for the animals .
I guess it's a little like the differences in farming methods. You can do it and respect the animals or you can do it and disrespect the animals and it's impossible to lump them together, IMO.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Synchro246 is offline  
#488 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 04:50 PM
 
Maggirayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in that bright land
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You all are so neat. I was a little worried I'd get flamed for saying I hunt. : I mean, that's not a normal MDC thing, right?

I wasn't crunchy at all til I got on here. At least I didn't have any real reasons to be.

And to answer my own question about how I found MDC, I picked it[duh, the magazine] up at the library and liked it. I had read about slings online. I found out about EC through Mothering and had Sears books given by a cousin before that, just hadn't read them and fallen in love w/AP. I've been for GD since I was a kid and hated spankings. I wrote an essay titled something like "Why I Won't Spank" or "When I Am a Mother". I hope it still might be in my boxes of childhood stuff. I know I had it, and it wasn't with school stuff. I really want to read it again now I'm a mama! My mom was mad at me when I wrote it, and still doesn't get even the idea of GD. *sigh* Someday when my kids are grown and "perfect", she'll understand. : I'm totally being sarcastic.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Maggirayne is offline  
#489 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds has been vomiting for 3 days (the 5 year old). LO is cranky and bored because we can't leave the house and big brother won't play with him. My cat just puked on the kitchen run. Dh unplugged the crock pot for no reason and so my beans are uncooked. And he forgot the library movies when he left so we will get a fine. URG. Today is not my day!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
#490 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 05:08 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
You all are so neat. I was a little worried I'd get flamed for saying I hunt. : I mean, that's not a normal MDC thing, right?
As a vegetarian, I personally would rather someone hunt thier own food, than buy it from the store in a nice little plastic container. A lot of people don't even realize they are eating an animal because they are so far removed from the origin of it (because they don't kill, skin, and package it themselves). I don't have the heart to kill something, so I don't think I should eat it. That's just me.. I would imagine a lot of MDC mamas hunt as well. I'd just be careful where you find them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
My ds has been vomiting for 3 days (the 5 year old). LO is cranky and bored because we can't leave the house and big brother won't play with him. My cat just puked on the kitchen run. Dh unplugged the crock pot for no reason and so my beans are uncooked. And he forgot the library movies when he left so we will get a fine. URG. Today is not my day!


I had an off morning too. DS fell off the bed this morning : He is just fine, but now I am freaking out because he is so mobile now!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#491 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter
 
mum4boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
My mom was mad at me when I wrote it, and still doesn't get even the idea of GD. *sigh* Someday when my kids are grown and "perfect", she'll understand. : I'm totally being sarcastic.
When I was in the 5th grade I wrote a letter to the editor about spanking and how it preyed older and stronger on littler and weaker and it was all about controlling another person. My father was mortified that I wrote such a letter.

Heidi
mum4boys is offline  
#492 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
 
mum4boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
My ds has been vomiting for 3 days (the 5 year old). LO is cranky and bored because we can't leave the house and big brother won't play with him. My cat just puked on the kitchen run. Dh unplugged the crock pot for no reason and so my beans are uncooked. And he forgot the library movies when he left so we will get a fine. URG. Today is not my day!
HUGS HUGS HUGS.
My 9 year old is pretty sick right now. I had to take him to the doctor first thing. I cannot believe I admitting this out loud. I got to the dr. went to put something in my pocket and realized I put my pants on back wards. Um I can say I have never ever done that before. It is quite warm and I am in just a t-shirt no jacket. I had to go to post office, bank, drug store, grocery store after dr office get home sit down and realize my shirt is on inside out. Oh ya, what a day I out in public with my pants on back wards and my shirt inside out.

Heidi
mum4boys is offline  
#493 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter
 
mum4boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post


I had an off morning too. DS fell off the bed this morning : He is just fine, but now I am freaking out because he is so mobile now!
Glad he is okay.

We put our bed on the floor this weekend so no one gets hurt. My younger boys practiced falling off the mattress to make sure if Maggie did fall she would be okay.

Heidi
mum4boys is offline  
#494 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
 
meesa143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
My ds has been vomiting for 3 days (the 5 year old). LO is cranky and bored because we can't leave the house and big brother won't play with him. My cat just puked on the kitchen run. Dh unplugged the crock pot for no reason and so my beans are uncooked. And he forgot the library movies when he left so we will get a fine. URG. Today is not my day!
I hate those days

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
As a vegetarian, I personally would rather someone hunt thier own food, than buy it from the store in a nice little plastic container. A lot of people don't even realize they are eating an animal because they are so far removed from the origin of it (because they don't kill, skin, and package it themselves). I don't have the heart to kill something, so I don't think I should eat it.


I had an off morning too. DS fell off the bed this morning : He is just fine, but now I am freaking out because he is so mobile now!
Nicely put...I'm sorry about sebastian, hope he's ok...I'm sure he is though I forgot to buckle Saige in her high chair once and she leaned over and fell out I felt awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
When I was in the 5th grade I wrote a letter to the editor about spanking and how it preyed older and stronger on littler and weaker and it was all about controlling another person. My father was mortified that I wrote such a letter.


Is anyone else's LO going through another growth spurt or just mine? Kade ate 7 ounces for my SIL today. Usually it's 4-5 : He's been eating more often so I kind of expected it.
meesa143 is offline  
#495 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 06:07 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
HUGS HUGS HUGS.
My 9 year old is pretty sick right now. I had to take him to the doctor first thing. I cannot believe I admitting this out loud. I got to the dr. went to put something in my pocket and realized I put my pants on back wards. Um I can say I have never ever done that before. It is quite warm and I am in just a t-shirt no jacket. I had to go to post office, bank, drug store, grocery store after dr office get home sit down and realize my shirt is on inside out. Oh ya, what a day I out in public with my pants on back wards and my shirt inside out.
Hope he is OK

I've put my pants on backwards before too, but I didn't leave the house before I realized it I've also put underwear on inside out plenty of times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
Glad he is okay.

We put our bed on the floor this weekend so no one gets hurt. My younger boys practiced falling off the mattress to make sure if Maggie did fall she would be okay.
I asked DH to take our boxsprings out and put our mattress on the floor, but then he left town suddenly. So I am going to have to ask some friends to help me do that ASAP. Tonight I will put a bunch of cushions on the sides of the bed, just in case.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#496 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
 
mum4boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
:
Is anyone else's LO going through another growth spurt or just mine? Kade ate 7 ounces for my SIL today. Usually it's 4-5 : He's been eating more often so I kind of expected it.
I think maybe we did this last week. Had to make up for all Maggie was puking up. I wonder if we will ever slow down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Hope he is OK

I've put my pants on back wards before too, but I didn't leave the house before I realized it I've also put underwear on inside out plenty of times!



I asked DH to take our box springs out and put our mattress on the floor, but then he left town suddenly. So I am going to have to ask some friends to help me do that ASAP. Tonight I will put a bunch of cushions on the sides of the bed, just in case.
He has a sinus infection for sure maybe pneumonia. He is on breathing treatments, antibiotics and steroids. He was blue around the lips this morning from not getting enough air. I love our pediatrician. We have been with her almost 11 years. If he does not feel better by Thursday we will take him back for x-rays and blood work. Levi has not been on antibiotics or had to have a breathing treatment since 2003.

We left our bed on the box spring so its a little higher but I do not think I could make it totally on the floor. I am too old.

Heidi
mum4boys is offline  
#497 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are sleeping on a mattress on the floor also. My ds seems to be perking up a bit. Hopefully he will be feling better tomorrow. Heidi, that sounds scarey Hope he gets better really soon!

My beans are almost ready for hummus making now. The baby took a good nap. Thinsg are looking up around here

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
#498 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 08:02 PM
 
kdtmom2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post


dh has been the "babywearing lawn-mower" since dd1 was born! it's the fool proof way of getting a baby/child to sleep. (he still puts our almost 3 yr old in the framed kelty backpack to mow). i have a handful of photos of kermit mowing with a snoozing child on his back. it's his babywearing M.O. you definitely should do it!
I hope you are doing something to protect their ears... the noise from the lawnmower is hard on thier hearing.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
kdtmom2be is offline  
#499 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
 
mum4boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
We are sleeping on a mattress on the floor also. My ds seems to be perking up a bit. Hopefully he will be feeling better tomorrow. Heidi, that sounds scary Hope he gets better really soon!

My beans are almost ready for hummus making now. The baby took a good nap. Things are looking up around here
Thanks Meagan.

How do you make your hummus?
DH and I were friends with a woman in college. I will side track myself a minute because she was interesting. She grew up in a Mormon family in Idaho. Married a man from the middle east. He took her back there to live an where she was abused. They moved to Germany and the German's helped her escape with her two small children back to the USA. The thing was she forgot English. She was married less then 6 years. So she spoke with a heavy middle eastern accent even though she was raised here with parents who were from here. She converted to Muslim and believed in it 100%. The mosque she went to the men would terrorize her (that was my opinion). They thought no woman belonged in school and would say horrible horrible things about her characters, so anyway my DH and I were chaperons for her a lot. Anyway she made the best middle eastern food on the planet. I have never been able to duplicate her Hummus. It was so light and fluffy. After graduation her mosque married her away to a man in PA who had 20 children and just had lost his wife. She had negotiated what she believed was a lock tight contract for marriage. Her and her children got their own suite in his house with a tv (tv was very important and she had to fight hard for it) and he nor his children could ever lay a hand on her or her children. Anyway, we never heard from her again.

Heidi
mum4boys is offline  
#500 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
 
mum4boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
I hope you are doing something to protect their ears... the noise from the lawnmower is hard on thier hearing.
PUSH LAWN MOWER.

Heidi
mum4boys is offline  
#501 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM
 
kdtmom2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I asked DH to take our boxsprings out and put our mattress on the floor, but then he left town suddenly. So I am going to have to ask some friends to help me do that ASAP. Tonight I will put a bunch of cushions on the sides of the bed, just in case.
Queen of safety today.. where's my crown!?
Try rolling up a towel and tucking it under the fitted sheet at the edge of the bed, it should provide enough height to prevent your LO from rolling off. Crawling over is another story but we're not quite there yet!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
kdtmom2be is offline  
#502 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 08:24 PM
 
kdtmom2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
PUSH LAWN MOWER.
erm, the one in the picture looks like it is gas or electric... not just human powered. otherwise there's no noise obviously... or very little at least

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
kdtmom2be is offline  
#503 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter
 
mum4boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
erm, the one in the picture looks like it is gas or electric... not just human powered. otherwise there's no noise obviously... or very little at least
Sorry, It is hard sometimes to be clear on line. I was joking when I said it because I do beleive there yard is too big for a push lawn mower. Of course thing of all the bonding her dh would get in.

Heidi
mum4boys is offline  
#504 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 08:56 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Queen of safety today.. where's my crown!?
Try rolling up a towel and tucking it under the fitted sheet at the edge of the bed, it should provide enough height to prevent your LO from rolling off. Crawling over is another story but we're not quite there yet!
Great idea!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#505 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 09:21 PM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My hummus is a mystery (like all my cooking). I do everything by feel - never by recipes. If I have never made something, I look at several recipes and make something up after looking. I never measure. LizzyQ might have a good recipe for you, though. She has a beautiful vegan food blog in her sig line.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
#506 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 PM
 
Synchro246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Great idea!
Ditto! If I had sheets that fit my bed I'd be doing that in a heartbeat. Neat one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
I do everything by feel - never by recipes. If I have never made something, I look at several recipes and make something up after looking. I never measure. LizzyQ might have a good recipe for you, though. She has a beautiful vegan food blog in her sig line.
Ditto! I'm getting ready for another pantry/no-spend challenge & I was asking DH if there's anything particular he'd want in the meal plan for a month. He said Chili. I said, OK, but I haven't made great chili in like four years. He said Use a recipe. My reply was "recipies & timers are for chumps"

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Synchro246 is offline  
#507 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 09:55 PM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
My reply was "recipies & timers are for chumps"
We are cut from the same cloth it seems I have no opposition to recipes in theory but I find cooking to be a sort of artistic/sensual/emotional experience and I loose track of all those little number so quick and find myself humming and adding and smelling and stiring and next thing you know I have something yummy.

Lizzy, I thought of you this weekend when I made a vegan thai-inspired pumpkin soup for dh. It looked just like the yummy things on your blog

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
#508 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 PM
 
kittn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a perpetual letdown
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i made home made 3musketeer bars! WOOHOO they were oh so good! we're doing the fiengold prgram so the real ones are out but my goodness these are GREAT!

nate is rollling both ways now and he can sit up all alone. hes scooching backwards and trying to pull up. we have yet to give him any food. we give him boobsickles in his mesh feeder though. is anyone feeding their munchkins yet?
what are the "readiness signs" for food anyway?

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
kittn is offline  
#509 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 PM
 
laneysprout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: left of center
Posts: 1,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
Lizzy, I thought of you this weekend when I made a vegan thai-inspired pumpkin soup for dh. It looked just like the yummy things on your blog
I have also been reading Lizzy's blog for inspiration! Our oven vent is busted, but I can't wait until it's fixed so I can try baking bread.

treehugger.gif
laneysprout is offline  
#510 of 680 Old 10-23-2007, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter
 
mum4boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
DH if there's anything particular he'd want in the meal plan for a month. He said Chili. I said, OK, but I haven't made great chili in like four years. He said Use a recipe. My reply was "recipies & timers are for chumps"
I hear ya there... when I cook I do a lot of dumping is what I call it a little of this a little of that.

Heidi
mum4boys is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off