June 2007 Moms ~ Welcome to October - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 361 Old 10-07-2007, 12:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Everyone,

I have only posted once but have been reading up on how everyone is doing.Cute baby pictures. When I get a little more computer savy I might post one as well.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Vanessa and I hope it all works out for you.

I don't know about everyone else but my ds hasn't been sleeping well day or night for the last 2 to 3 weeks (it's a little blurry as I'm so sleep deprived).
He wakes up every 2 hours or less at night and during the day he has little 30 minute catnaps...therefore I can't even look forward to a nap when I wake up exhausted.: I have to say I'm a little jeleous when I read that some of your babies are sleeping over 4 hours.
Other than that the little darling is doing great and growing like a weed.

Onto the sex thing...my dh and I tried it once and it hurt alot. I guess the
3rd degree tear would cause that but I didn't know it was going to hurt like it did. Haven't tried it since...

I have been wearing my ds in a sling since birth and my shoulders are hurting big time. I've tried my Ergo a few times and he immediately gets grumpy. He weighs a ton and I'm hoping him and Ergo will become friends very soon.

Elizabeth, mom to two beautiful boys and wife to my handsome hubby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 361 Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 AM

hi everyone. vannienicole - very sorry for what you're going through.

is it a fact that at 4 months sleep patterns change? Z. was so good until just this past Tuesday. Now he refuses to fall asleep. He won't nurse. He fights his swaddle. Once he's sleeping and in his crib he wakes up screaming. And he's waking up multiple times overnight and I can no longer nurse him while sleeping because he turns his head and unlatches every 5 seconds! What is going on???

As for babywearing...I'm going to try out an Ergo, but I did get a Mei Tai and really like it for longer carries, while the ring sling is still good for in and out!

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
#63 of 361 Old 10-07-2007, 03:43 AM

vanessa - that's too much. especially the dh part : hello, you just had a baby. the world does not revolve around him right now. sorry - it just irks me he would pull that on you in the midst of the stress about the weight issue. babies can really put a strain on relationships

ebin has a terribly stuffy nose too and it is making him so mad.

and i feel so bad. i took the 2 boys in for pictures together. and then i wanted some of ebin by himself in his diaper. so i reached down to wipe up some drool and accidentally scratched his face with my nail. and it looks terrible! i still don't know how it happened. poor guy. he wasn't too bothered by it but everytime i look at it i feel terrible!

another mdc mama just mailed me a 2-shouldered carrier (i don't know if there's some generic name for those...the chinese style carrier). i'm borrowing it. i wore ebin for a while and it was comfy and then tried nursing with him in it and boom...he was asleep! then i untied it and layed him down in his crib. perfect i've been using the ergo to run errands the past few days but the shoulder straps slide off a lot with him in the front.

i should go get some sleep while i can......
#64 of 361 Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 PM

I have a question about the Ergo, JStar you said it slides off your shoulders if DC is in front? I have a small generic carrier with a simular style and the straps fall on me. I was going to get the Ergo thinking it would be better, now I am not so sure?

~Steph
#65 of 361 Old 10-07-2007, 01:25 PM
acp

The straps never fall off me on the ergo. You fasten them behind you in back with a clip, and I pull on the strap there to tighten it (if that makes sense) to keep them close together. DH needs it at almost the widest setting, but I can pull it pretty tight and keep the straps close in. I've been going back and forth the last few days using my wrap (which i like if she's awake since she can face out in it) or the ergo, and while i like them both, the ergo is in general much easier, quicker and more comfortable to use.
#66 of 361 Old 10-07-2007, 02:46 PM

It can also help to pull the "shoulder strap connector strap" ( ) up higher on the shoulders... With Laia I usually had the connector strap around the same level as my bras strap but with Ro it's comfier/more secure with the strap just off my shoulders, about the height of the neck of a boat neck top? That way I can use the sleep hood too (L hated it, R loves it).

DH has to let the strap out almost all the way as well.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#67 of 361 Old 10-07-2007, 06:59 PM

Phew, I finally got caught up on the end of last month's thread as well as this month's. Work keeps me away all day so when I'm home, it's all baby time.

Vanessa, hugs to you. That attitude is NOT what you need right now.

Sleep, I'm so very jealous. Owen has it firmly in his head that night time is a great time to make up for havving to suffer through bottles of mommy milk during the day. He's back to nursing every 1.5-2.5 hours all night long. during the day he's so active and exploring that he doesn't eat much at a time, and doesn't want to nurse that often. Night though... If we weren't cosleeping, I don't know how I'd make it. We rearranged the bedroom for cosleeping, at last. Now the long low dresser runs along my side of the bed. Owen sleeps next to the dresser, then me, then DH. A much better arrangement for everyone involved than trying to keep O in the middle. some DH's worry about rolling over onto babe, my DH was TOO aware of him and just wasn't getting any sleep at all.

Owen is growing like mad. He actually put on 6oz in one week. No wonder my arms are tired. He's discovered the fun of holding my hands and pulling himself into a sitting position. He looks so much older sitting up like that. Today he totally blew me away. He held my hands and pulled up like usual, but then kept pulling until he was standing. Eep!!! Why do I think I'm going to need to baby proof sooner than I'd thought?

Here's a link for pictures, for anyone interested.

Owen Pics
#68 of 361 Old 10-07-2007, 09:54 PM

Awwww... he looks like such a laid back loittle dude. May he sleep-happy soon.

My first week back to work kicked my butt...literally. It's a half hour walk home each day and on Tues I'm already walking over an hour taking Laia to and from play school. My tear is healin but OUCH! I have really done a number on myself.

We're preparing the house to sell...we meet with an agent on Wed (well, dh will. I'll be at work till 10pm). We looked at a great little house today though and we'd love to make an offer contingent on sale of our house. The only problem is the size... we'd like something in the 900-1000 sq/ft range but this is 856 sq/ft. It's possible, and in spring we could build an addition but... it's really small!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#69 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 02:10 AM

Hmmmm.... shoulder strap issues. I have them too with my beco. I don't feel like I can tighten them anymore, and pushing the back strap higher on the back doesn't seem to help much either. Do I have mutant shoulders or what? It's not too annoying unless I'm trying to also carry a purse like object or bending over a lot. Oh well...it wont keep me from using it, as it is way more comfy then the sling for me. Maybe I will get better at adjusting it soon.

Keep the pictures coming! It is so fun to put faces to names.

Mom to :, , and :
#70 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 03:23 AM

well i love the ergo for the back carry but i can't reach the chest clip to close it when it is on my back (and babe in front). so the shoulder straps fall off too easily. maybe i need to try again and see if i can do the clip? i think it is too high up between my shoulder blades.

cute owen pics

we have our 4 month wbv tomorrow. i should go to bed soon so i'll be rested to get up and out with the 2 kiddos.
#71 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

No time to write, really, but wanted to poke my head in and say "hi".

gurglebaby-- Don't be jealous of my baby's sleep habits. I've gotten three nights in his life of a single 4/5 hour sleep stretch, and my first was even WORSE. Exactly like you described, actually--S. would sleep typically 45 minutes at a stretch, with some as short as 30 min and the longest stretch about 2 hours. God willing, my second will continue being a bit easier than THAT. I feel for you! It will pass someday! (I didn't drive for over seven months--I was that tired, all the time. Ugh!)

Wombat-- Good luck with the house hunting. Are you looking in the same area or further out of town? You never got a second car, right?

Oops--someone needs to nurse, NOW!

--willo
#72 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 01:57 PM

I keep forgetting to sub to this thread!

Vanessa: I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I hope you get some answers on the FTT soon. Do you have a hospital grade double electric pump? Maybe you can rent a medela symphony, they are great. Ask about fortifying your pumped breastmilk, that is what they do in the NICU when babies are not gaining. They did it with Evan for the first 2 days after surgery. Does your little man have any other "symptoms"? Does he get tired at feeding? Does he feed often? Any breathing issues?

Evan is still a horrible sleeper I'm exhausted, but it will pass....right? I keep trying to change things looking for the magic fix. He's back in the swaddler and it helps a little.

Standing babies and teeth?! OMG! These babies are growing fast! It is all going by so fast, I already look back on the newborn pics and wonder where my baby went. I can't believe Evan is 4 mos :

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#73 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 02:19 PM

#74 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 02:25 PM

If you can get a note from the pedi then WIC should let you use their breast pump for free. My sis had to pump for her little guy and WIC let her use the pump for a month.

I should be doing homework and housework too, oh well :

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#75 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 02:32 PM

Hi all!!!

I just need to vent a little and I know it is safe here... As everyone knows I am pregnant again. I am used to the idea now and it is fine, but OH the reactions I have gotten! Just plain RUDE... From "Oh my you will have your hands full" TO "Maybe this one won't stick"!!!!
WTF?
I lost 3 babies before having the wonderful one I have now and would never ever wish that on anyone... Why cant ppl just be happy for us or say NOTHING?

Ok.. Rant over... I guess I just do not need to be told that this is really soon, thanks I know that and now with the first trimester almost over it is time to move forward!

~Steph
#76 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 02:37 PM

#77 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 02:43 PM

Vanessa: Thank You very much... I can not believe this pregnancy seems to be flying by also, but I agree with the baby in the house making time fly! I feel mostly fine, sickness has all but gone and really my only issues right now are I am hungry and tired, but I think I would be all that with just Perrin

I hope things get better for you soon! I am still very sure your babe will be fine and you will find a great solution for the FTT if there needs to be one, Perrin gains very slowly also, but he is doing fine

~Steph
#78 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 PM

Steph- I'm so sorry you're getting comments like that. I've never understood how people can be so rude. Grrr. But, wow! Time is going quickly-I can't believe you're almost through the 1st trimester already! And, you'd definitely be tired and hungry with just the one! I feel like I eat all day (maybe that's why I'm hanging on to a few extra pounds ).

We had our 4 month WBV today. Joseph has only gained a pound in the last two months. 1 pound! And he eats all the time. But, our doctor wasn't at all concerned since he is an active, happy little guy.

Does anyone else have a LO who would be happy to stay latched on all the time? I swear Joseph would stay latched on all day everyday if he could!

We had an 8 hour stretch of sleep last night. Actually, DS and DH had 8 solid hours of sleep. I couldn't sleep. : I was up 3 times and spent half the night wide awake. I was actually wishing Joseph would wake up so I could nurse him since I can sometimes fall asleep while nursing.

DH is home!!! And his presentation went really well. I'm just glad to have him home again-the bed wasn't crowded enough with baby, dog, cat, and myself!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#79 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 06:26 PM

Willo, thanks I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with sleepless baby!

Steph, I am in complete shock that people would be so utterly rude!!! First of all who are they to even comment when it's none of their business. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Well it's Thanksgiving here in Canada and we went to the in-laws for dinner. DS cried for pretty much the whole time because he woke up 10 minutes into his nap and wouldn't go back to sleep. My lovely dh wouldn't leave until I pulled him out the door because he kept thinking ds would fall asleep again. As soon as we got in the car to go home he fell asleep...and continued to sleep after we got home. Just another lovely family dinner!
After all that stress my dh "needed" to go golfing this morning and left me to deal with sleepless baby. Oh it must be nice to be a man sometimes.

OK I'm done complaing for the day. Ds and I have had a nice morning together but now he needs me. By for now.

#80 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 PM

Happy thanksgiving... I hope it gets better!

Wow, I can't believe someone would say something as thoughtless as "Maybe it wont stick". What the heck? That's just horrible!

I turned in my resignation today and am feeling a bit down. So I ate some ice cream anw I have a tummy ache on top of it all! urgh.

#81 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 06:41 PM

Congrats on your pregnancy, Steph! That's so exciting! I wish I had a sibling close in age!
#82 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 06:49 PM

Sorry Barefootscientist, it took me a while to respond to you

Any way, we are hiking on the mt. sanitas trail, if you take Mapleton all the way west, past all those beautiful houses, past the hospital, it is on your right, I really reccomend the hike. Also I would love to get together, I go to a play group of 0-5 yr old at "beach park" up near "the hill" on thurs, and also to the "Parenting place" on Mondays another 0-5 yr old group. PM me and we should meet up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
herbmama-

You live really close to me! We should get together sometime so I can try your Ergo. Where were you hiking in that pic?

Uh-oh, munchkin awake.

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#83 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurglebaby View Post
Willo, thanks I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with sleepless baby!

Steph, I am in complete shock that people would be so utterly rude!!! First of all who are they to even comment when it's none of their business. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Well it's Thanksgiving here in Canada and we went to the in-laws for dinner. DS cried for pretty much the whole time because he woke up 10 minutes into his nap and wouldn't go back to sleep. My lovely dh wouldn't leave until I pulled him out the door because he kept thinking ds would fall asleep again. As soon as we got in the car to go home he fell asleep...and continued to sleep after we got home. Just another lovely family dinner!
After all that stress my dh "needed" to go golfing this morning and left me to deal with sleepless baby. Oh it must be nice to be a man sometimes.

OK I'm done complaing for the day. Ds and I have had a nice morning together but now he needs me. By for now.
Gurglebaby, LOL, I know what you mean about your "Oh it must be nice to be a man sometimes" comment. DH and I have had issues with that lately too! They just don't get it sometimes, I just wish I could feed DH some of the hormones that I have so he could breastfeed, feel all the emotions etc, etc... It is MUCH easier for them to get out, or have a night/day away than it is for us. Even if DH gives me a day, hour, etc, I still feel the worries, and pull to be home caring for my babies, not to mention if I am gone for a feeding then I am getting engorged and my let down soaks my bra. DH was complaing that he doesn't get to do the things that all his single friends at work do, like go for all weekend bike trips, camping etc...I was so fed up with hearing it, I just had to tell him to let it go! I was loving and actually said I understand how he feels, but it is a part of his life he has to "morn" and realize that it is never going to be that way again. I Also highlighted that this is a VERY special time for the kids, they are never going to be this age again and "we" need to learn to love living in this moment in order to portray that love to our kids. You know kids aren't dumb, they will know if we are wishing we are doing something different, I never want my kid's to feel like a burden.
I am kind of ranting, but I hope you are getting what I am trying to convey. Dh was very receptive to what I was saying, I think the "morning" what he has "lost" and celebrating what he has gained really hit home with him. I have so many things I want to be doing right now, but have had to realize that this is a "season" in my life that requires so much of me, that I must give to the best of my ability. I can pursue my dreams in a few years when I have more time ( hopefully). Now I have to get a PT job, this is going to be hard, how do you moms do it all? I will have to learn I suppose. Just being a SAHM I feel like I have ZERO time. I guess it is all time management, like not writing a novel on MDC when you have a moment, right?

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#84 of 361 Old 10-08-2007, 08:18 PM

Wow, this thread moved fast! I have been lurking for a while to try and keep up with everyone. Then I went to Door County, WI for the weekend only to come back to page 5 of the Oct. thread!

Steph - How terrible for people to say things like that to you! I went to an art fair this weekend and saw a woman with a very small child and a big pregnant belly. I felt happiness and compassion for what she may be going through at this point. Remember that you were meant to be the mother of 2 children so close together and your and your dh will be wonderful a it!

Vanessa - I hope that things will get better for you soon! I do agree though that you need to voice your feelings to dh. I think that it just might help him understand where you are. Maybe you cen think of ways to be intimate without sex.

DS needs to cuddle so I have to go for now. Hopefully I can get back to write more later.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#85 of 361 Old 10-09-2007, 12:34 AM

I have been lurking but not adding much lately

Vanessa - so sorry about your dh's place, that is unfair.

Steph - I am so use to getting comments (I have four kiddos in five years - bigger gap than yours though). I cannot go anywhere with four kiddos and not have at least one person say something. My dh is still amazed at what I hear each and every day. In general, though - most people say odd things but don't mean any harm. They just can't register the idea - it is tough having lots of little ones close in age! I also think many many people are envious of my little gang (and yours too!) Having them close will be simply awesome and don't worry about any comments - just smile, giggle and say how awesome it will be.

Some of my comments ... "well loved, not well planned", "now I know what causes this" - with a lot of laughs too! You will be a spectacle (especially if you add a third or fourth) but I still think it is the best way to go!

Sleeping - alright - don't shoot me, my child is unusual. He goes to bed at 9pm and wakes up at 6-7am. He sleeps in a cosleeper so he is very close. None of my others did this - so I find it so odd. He also only has one nap - 1pm to 5pm today (not normally quite that long). If any of you are feeling a big short-changed, don't worry - the 21 month old gets me up most nights. I sleep on a bean bag in his room!

Happy thanksgiving to the other Canadians!
#86 of 361 Old 10-09-2007, 01:26 AM
acp

Are any other babes sucking their thumbs a ton now? Willa can't get enough of hers. She's actually pretty much traded her pacifier (which she never used much in any case - mostly just to help her get to sleep at times) for her thumb. And she seems so enamored of it. Sometimes she starts to suck on it when I get ready to nurse her and I have to practically force her to trade it for the nipple!
She also discovered her feet recently - the foot grabbing is so cute. All sorts of fun developmental things going on lately.

Steph, I can't believe anyone would say anything so thoughtless and cruel - that's pretty staggeringly rude. Honestly, while i know it wasn't exactly what you were expecting, I think there will be all kinds of benefits to having kids so close in age, and how fun for them - it gives them a chance to be really close siblings.

Willa's had three good nights in a row now - hopefully it keeps up! I feel like I'm pushing my luck still up and at the computer at 10:30 at night. definitely past my normal bedtime.
#87 of 361 Old 10-09-2007, 01:31 AM

Hi gals.....popping in to say "hi" as I have been only about once a month.

My Isaac is doing well. Gaining slowly but steadily. I am pretty sure I won't have any more kids so I've been wearing/holding him like crazy and co-sleeping of course.......just taking it all in......the good with the bad.:

DH and and I have tried to dtd maybe 4 times now. My goodness it hurts! I feel so sore inside. I don't know what that's about. I didn't tear. Oh, and when I got my pap at 12 weeks my mw had to insert the speculum at an angle so it wouldn't press on where it was sore (just under the front part of my pubic bone.) Not sure if this is something where I should leave it alone and let it heal or keep trying to dtd to toughen things up.

Steph-where in CO are you moving?
#88 of 361 Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 AM

I was wondering where the Happy Thanksgiving was coming from! Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

On sleep - Annie sleeps soooo much better than Will did. It amazes me how different 2 kids can be. So I can't really complain in that area.

Milestones - Annie started rolling over almost 2 weeks ago. Will never rolled over until after he was crawling. I was so excited at her accomplishment that I screeched and scared my little bug. Oops!

Teething - I too think that Annie is teething. So far I don't see any signs of a tooth but she chomps all day long.

Annie has loved her thumb since birth! I also have to pry it out of her mouth in order to nurse. I love the way she hooks her thumb around her nose when she is sucking. I think that she is an easier babe to take care of because of it. It's nice to have one less thing to remember to pack when we leave the house.

Marital things - Dh and I are seeing a counselor as I previously mentioned a while back. It is pretty casual but is really helping us get our communication in line. We've only been married for 3 years so I know tht it will take sometime to jive completely but I think i will be better to have it happen soon rather than later. Since our sessions have started we are much happier and more aware of eachother.

As for S-E-X we just passed a 5 week stretch of nothing. Life just got the better of us. I do have moments that I feel bad for not giving DH that part of me but I also feel that he has to realize where I cam coming from. When I am physically and emotionally in the mood I let him know. I think the men have to be more understanding. Our babes are coming on 4 months of age but we still have tons of hormone changes still going on.

I sooooo want Fall to be here! I am in Wisconsin and we just had a weekend of blazing hot temps! So much for the frozen tundra.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#89 of 361 Old 10-09-2007, 02:01 AM

We have a thumbsucker here! He's been gnawing on everything that comes his way too. My daughter thinks its hilarious to get close to Sean so he will "latch on" to her nose and suck.

We went to our local Oktoberfest last weekend and did some polka dancing. Here is a pic of me, ds, and dd. I'm sportin' the beco, complete with loose shoulder straps.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...s/100_1318.jpg

It's not a very good pic, but so far, its the only one I have with this new carrier. Had a pretty good fit at Target today. Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Steph -- I can;t believe some of the things people say. SOmetimes I wonder if people even hear themselves. Sheesh!

No rolling here yet, unless you count from back to side in order to suck that thumb with more vigor. We also have a WBV tomorrow. I have such a nice ped, I kind of look forward to visiting her. On the other hand, this will be the first time I will have dd in tow also. She doesn't like not being the center of attention, so we'll see how that goes... Her behavior has actually gotten a lot better lately.

One last thing... The house 2 doors down from us caught on fire last night because a 6 year old was playing with matches while the family slept. No one was hurt, but the house was totalled. Just a reminder to keep those matches out of reach for those of you with older kiddos. I;ve never actually seen a house of someone I know burn down. It's tragic.

Mom to :, , and :
#90 of 361 Old 10-09-2007, 02:02 AM

Molly- Thanks! I think I'll do the same and have a conversation with dh in a loving and understanding way. So far I've complained and told him everything he is not doing. It hasn't worked!

Megan- what's up with pain during sex? I thought the pain was bad the first time and maybe it wouldn't hurt the next time but after what you've said I don't think I want to let my dh near me for a while. I think I need to ask my mw about this. Is this something that happens to alot of women after giving birth?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page