June 2007 Moms ~ Welcome to October - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-16-2007, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ughh, I'm having posting issues, it won't let me make anything bold! !@#$%

We're meeting with a geneticist (sp?) tomorrow afternoon to talk about what may have caused Evan's heart defect. There has been so little research on it because it is a rare defect so I doubt we'll get answers. Some say it is genetic, some say it is environmental, some say it is a complete fluke - so who knows! BUT there is a lady I've "met" online who has 3 children and all 3 have TAPVR We're mainly interested in the chances we have of it happening again. I've heard some moms were told that there is a 3% chance (average people have a 1% chance) and I've heard of other moms being told there is a 1 in 4 chance once it is present in another child. It ereally bothers me that there has not been more research done on this defect

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2007, 06:35 PM

good luck at all appointments!

Z. had his 4 mos check up yesterday too and he weighs 15 lbs 5 oz, 25 inches long. He had vaccines and this is his second round of dtap and hib and the same thing happened this time as last - he screamed for 1.5 hours last night. it was so so sad. I wonder if I can hold off on those the next time they come around.

also the nurse we had was really dumb. she measured him wrong at first. she also gave me a chart on starting solids. I was like "we're not starting till 6 months. that's what the APA recommends." I asked the doctor and he said they give it to everyone at 4 mos. It's sponsored by Gerber. Everything in that office is sponsored by a formula company or some advertiser. Ugh.

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 PM
acp

Sending good vibes your way, Steph! It's so exciting to hear that heartbeat.

I don't know if I'll be much help on the stroller - we've only used ours a handful of times so far. We have an Inglesina Zippy, and I do like it - it's pretty easy to fold up one-handed and is easy to maneuver. But I've also heard great things about the BOB strollers and the Phil & Ted ones. We also have a friend's Maclaren umbrella stroller that looks really nice and light, though I haven't used it yet. I agree that it mostly depends what you want it for - what kind of terrain, does it have to go in and out of the car, do you have to haul it up stairs, etc.

I feel so fortunate with how great DH is with Willa. He's really as comfortable with her as I am, which is great. I think in part it's because his work schedule is pretty flexible, so he gets to spend a lot of time with her, but he's also just great with babies. He's always loved hanging out with our friends' babies, even when they were infants. He just got back from a 4-day trip, so Willa and I had lots of alone time together - I loved it, and she was great, but it also made me appreciate how much he helps when he's here. And there have probably been 5 or 6 evenings already where he's watched her and fed her pumped milk and put her down while I went out with some friends - which has been incredibly reinvigorating for me. I think if you can manage it at all, it's so good to have just even a couple hours of doing something for you, without a baby to care for. I know every mama is different, and some probably don't want even a few hours away, but for me I find it energizing.

Of course, we haven't been able to take an evening for the two of us yet, and I'm hoping we get to do that one of these days. But both our families live too far away to watch her (I guess we did actually have one date night back in August when my mom was visiting) and I haven't felt comfortable hiring a sitter to be with her. Right now I'm just trying to look at our evenings after Willa goes to bed (she's usually down by 7:30 or 7:45) as our time together. Not quite like going out for a real date, but it is some good adult time, which I find is important for keeping our own relationship healthy.

Oh - forgot to add that Willa is also on track to be a very chunky baby! We don't have a 4 month appointment (our doc doesn't do vax for any babies until at least 6 months old), but at her 3 month she was 16 lbs, and she's been growing steadily since then. Crazy! My dad actually asked, in all seriousness, this weekend, if I was worried about her weight. I had to keep myself from laughing. I explained that at this age, and with all breastfeeding, it was very healthy and I wasn't worried about her weight in the slightest. Then my mom dug out an old photo of my brother at 4 mo to show him - even fatter than Willa.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:50 AM

We heard it!!!!

168 BPM!!!

I feel so much better now **Sigh**
Old 10-17-2007, 12:57 AM

yay!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 10-17-2007, 02:12 AM

Hi All! Mind if I jump in? I am Mommy to Joey (6/10) and loving it! At last check (last week) he was weighing in at 18 lbs 9 ozs and is 24 in. long, so mommy's milk is making him big and strong! I am calling myself crunchy in training. Dh is a chiropractor and is forcing me to educate myself in the way of crunch! So, hope you don't mind, but I'd love to be a part of a group where I can share Joey's milestones! Here's a pic of my little man: http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...=joey26006.jpg
Old 10-17-2007, 03:27 AM

Welcome Jeannie! Such a cute baby!

Congrats Steph on a strong heart beat!

Raspberries -- yup! We are blowing lots of them. He really gets the drool going and I have to mop him up afterwards. Sean is definately still into his hands. Loves to reach out for things. Today it was big sister's nose and my mouth. He can roll from back to side, but no full rolls yet. He can manage to spin around though. I put him on the bed with his head towards me, and when big sis came in he scootched around so head was towards her. She is getting so proud that ds recognizes her and always smiles when she is around. Its actually made her act nicer to him.

Wombatclay -- we had LOTS of jealousy at the beginning. It made me soooo unhappy to have to protect ds from dd. No problems now. Big sis is 5 though, so maybe it will take longer for a toddler to work through this stage. I'm sure it will happen though. Just keep giving her lots of love and catch her being nice to Ro. Eventually things will cool down. And as far as GD goes, I had to resort to timeouts with DD so I wouldn;t lose my cool and yell at her or be overly rough. I know it wasn't GD, but it helped us through the rough spots and allowed me to keep my cool which is important. We haven't needed a timeout in weeks now, so I guess we are back to GD again.

We are hitting the pumpkin patch this weekend to pick a few. Anyone else?
Baby's first pumpkin?

Mom to :, , and :
Old 10-17-2007, 04:02 AM

wow!! all these big babies! anyone else have a peanut? lulu wasn't small at birth (7lb 15oz and 20.5") but she's only about 12.5-lbs and 24" or so now at 4 months old. should i be worried? both my first two had doubled their birth weight by now so i'm not used a slower than average growing infant. i wonder if she's going to slow down once she gets mobile like the first two did. if she does, she might be a 15-lb 1-yo. zoiks!!

lulu also loves to blow raspberries. she especially likes to do it in her car seat. i much prefer it to the crying she does when not blowing raspberries, but i always need a change of clothes for when we get where we're going as she soaks herself.

steph, congrats on hearing the heartbeat!! so very exciting!! woohoo!!!

welcome to all the mommies just joining us!! this thread moves fast, but jump in whenever/wherever you can. i try to read it all when i'm nak'ing, but i usually forget half of i want to respond to by the time i can get back with both hands free to type.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
Old 10-17-2007, 01:15 PM

Steph: Congrats!! You must have been so excited and relieved.

Welcome Jeannie, your baby is a cutie!

MomtoKay: Evan is on the small side too, but he was tiny at birth weighing only 6 lbs 4 ozs. He's 13 lbs 9 ozs now, so I guess that is pretty small. DS1 was a giant.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 10-17-2007, 01:21 PM

welcome all!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 10-17-2007, 01:43 PM

Welcome Jeannie! Cute baby!

My LO is kind of on the small side... 14pds 25inches @ 4 months
Old 10-17-2007, 02:03 PM

Aww! Thanks for the welcome! Joey started out at 7 lbs 2 oz so he has just grown and grown! I can't believe it!

Joey is a raspberry blowing machine! It's so fun! He's a sopping wet mess, but oh well! Too cute!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:25 PM

Welcome Jeannie!

Congratulations on the heartbeat Steph that is so exciting, i am so glad you are keeping us updated, it is so sweet!

I still need to make an appointment for Jolie's 4-month check. I am still debating about vaxing, it scares the HELL out of me! But then again so does whooping cough! I know I will not be doing all of them, only the important ones. As it is that time of year here for Pertussis I think I need to buck up and do it.

No raspberries here, and she is only rolling back to front, I am a little worried, I don't think I should be, but you know that mommy worry sneaks in sometimes. Got to go, babe waking

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 PM

Yeahhhh, Stephanie!!! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay View Post
wow!! all these big babies! anyone else have a peanut? lulu wasn't small at birth (7lb 15oz and 20.5") but she's only about 12.5-lbs and 24" or so now at 4 months old. should i be worried?
Joseph was a good size baby at birth (8lbs 15 oz and 21.5") but is a slower weight gainer and is only 12lbs 9 oz right now but 26" long! He's a long, skinny guy. I was concerned since I was seeing all these big babies here, but our doctor said there wasn't anything to be concerned about since all babies are different. (I love our Dr.!!!)

I've never posted any pics, but I finally got some organized yesterday so I'll share now.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...LlsxcZ&notag=1
There are a couple from early on and a few new ones.

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
Old 10-17-2007, 03:58 PM

Dropping in to say - LOVE all the pictures. We make cute babies, don't we?

A vent: we had a 4 month appt yesterday and I've been sort of selecting vax but doing DTaP, hib, and pcv. We aren't doing polio or hep b yet. Dr. fed on my already guilty mommy feelings, saying that I am choosing to 'give more shots than just going with pediarix' which sounded weird to me but whatever, I ignored her.

until I got home and looked it up, pediarix doesn't include hib or pcv. So, um, we'd still have had three shots anyway. sure it saves on the hep-b and ipv when we decide to do it, but still she made me feel like there was another option at 4 months and as far as I can tell, there isn't. whatever.

I have a sleep question: ella wakes up around 7 ish but then goes back down by 9 for usually 2 hours. is it normal to need a nap that early? she goes to sleep around 8:30 pm. Been wondering if I could put her to bed earlier and encourage her to keep sleeping through to 7, maybe then she wouldn't need the nap right away??
Old 10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
acp

rock_dr, I think that's actually pretty typical from everything I've read/heard from friends. And Willa is definitely the same way. In fact, she still is usually ready for a nap even later in the day after she's been up for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. But always in the morning she's ready for one after just being up for a couple hours. She usually gets up around 7 and goes down for a nap by 9. If she sleeps in till 7:30 (like this morning) sometimes I hold off on putting her down for a nap until 9:30 unless she acts sleepy.

One general rule I've sometimes heard (though obviously all babies are different in their sleep needs) is the 2-3-4 rule: first nap 2 hours after waking up, second nap 3 hours after getting up from first one, down to bed 4 hours after getting up from second nap. I think that might be for when they're slightly older, because Willa definitely still needs three naps a day, generally, and I'm not sure she could make it a full four hours of awake time without getting fussy, but it's sort of a generic guideline that I've heard some parents use when their kids are typically taking a couple naps a day. I don't know why they seem to need that first morning nap so soon after sleeping all night, but many babies do!

All the babies are so cute. Here are some of the latest ones of Willa: http://web.mac.com/joshuarollins/iWeb/Site/Oct.html.

Oh, and she's been a very strong, very active baby from day 1, but she's still not rolling over front-to-back yet either. I think they just do it when they're ready, and definitely no need to worry at this age. They all work on different things. She's much more interested in grabbing/holding things, moving them to her mouth, than she is in rolling or getting mobile that way.

On vax, we haven't had to make any decisions yet because our doctor won't vaccinate any babies until they're at least 6 months old. He said he picked that age because they're no longer truly infants, it's easier to tell if they're sick, etc. He's happy to delay longer if we want, though he does recommend the DTaP one (that's the first one he does. He waits to do the Hib a little later). I still haven''t made a decision, but I figure I'll talk with him more at our next appointment in a few weeks. So hard to figure out with so much conflicting information!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 PM

Welcome Jeannie

I love the pics of the babes. I finally have downloaded my photos (computer issues resolved). Here is a recent one of the new little babe!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_Gr6Lx7GOcfA/...h/IMG_0632.jpg

I have a few other photos on my blog - if anyone is interested (or knows how to rotate a picture on blogger)

www.somewhere-close-to-home.blogspot.com

Sibling rivalry - any comfort, my eldest was absolute nasty towards my 2nd child (now 5 years and 3 years) - scratches, blood and hitting. The two of them are now close as can be (very adorable). She got a lot better around 6 months of age (so just over 2 years) - I called it the action/reaction syndrom. Once the babe starts resonding, the bad actions stopped. She is now simply wonderful with all her brothers. She even fed Sean is first bottle today - he loves her, and laughs at her all the time. [They aren't so nice to the 21 month old - but that I can understand, 21 month olds can be a bit boisterous!]
Old 10-18-2007, 12:19 AM

MomtoKay: Evan is on the small side too, but he was tiny at birth weighing only 6 lbs 4 ozs. He's 13 lbs 9 ozs now, so I guess that is pretty small. DS1 was a giant.[/QUOTE]

Little Ron is not real heavy either. He is 13 lbs 2 oz and 27 inches long. So he is just long and thin! He was 4 weeks early and was 6 lbs 9 oz at birth.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:23 AM

Okay, so I am obviously still learning how to reply to someone's post using the quote option!! I apologize for my failed attempt above! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:48 AM

gosh, i love having a place with all these babies the same age as lulu!! thanks so much for the reassurance that she's not the only small baby! i'm feeling much more relaxed now.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 AM

how do you guys comfort your babies if they don't want to nurse? I am used to just putting Z to the breast if he fusses, but lately he's been refusing to eat and getting more upset, unless he's just woken up, is almost asleep, or I guess is actually hungry (I'm hoping he's still eating when he needs too...). But I don't know how to soothe him when he gets upset if not through nursing him!

Old 10-18-2007, 02:45 AM

Dara. When nursing doesn't work, I pop Sean in the sling and walk around outside. It has always worked.

Oops...was going to write more but someone is calling... :

Mom to :, , and :
Old 10-18-2007, 02:57 AM

this thread moves so fast!!

Steph: congrats on the heartbeat!!

MomtoKay: My LO is only about 13 lbs now, maybe a little less

dara: L has gotten like that lately too. If she won't nurse, I pretty much just have to distract her. The two things that work the best at calming her down are going outside or playing in the bathroom sink--she loves water and loves the mirror. If neither of those work, I usually just have to cuddle/walkaround/bounce through the fussing until she's ready to nurse again

I've been having a rough couple of days. I can't put L down for more than 2 minutes at a tine anymore, and she usually wants me to carry her and not wear her. (I have a pouch sling, moby-style wrap, and a mei tai and she won't let me uuse any of them when she gets really worked up. She used to be great while I was in the shower--she loved the running water. Now she fusses through that too. She wakes up immediately if I put her down--I used to ar least get 20-30 minute naps sometimes. I can't get anything done and I'm starting to wonder if she will ever sleep on her own. Dh and I may never have alone time again. I adore my daughter but I'm going to pull my hair out soon.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post
cjanelles- I have a similar situation with DH. He works (it's the commute that 's the killer) & travels a lot & I rarely get a break from DS. DS is a great baby, but I just need a break sometimes. I feel like DH feels like it's a chore to watch DS sometimes. Unfortunately when DS is fussy it's in the evening when DH is home & is tired. I wish sometimes on the weekend, he'd just say "let me take Ian, why don't you do something for yourself". I can ask, but I'd like the offer sometimes. Oh well. It's so hard b/c DH works so hard for us, I don't want to get on his case.

I really count myself lucky because I landed a partner that doesn't think he's "babysitting" when he's home alone with the kids. He actively *wants* to be home with the baby and is often very upset that his schedule is so crowded that he's usually either working or asleep, so he doesn't usually balk when I say, "Hey-I'm leaving Miss Priss home while I go to the store" or whatever. I *know* how lucky I am with that. My problem was actually asking him to care for the kids while I left because *I* didn't want to put the burden on *him*, knowing how tired he is, etc. etc.

When we finally talked about it, AND I gently pointed out that he was *choosing* to spend a lot of his "free time" at places away from the family (friend's house for football, golf, etc), he really took note and changed his behavior almost immediately. As a matter of fact, I actually got to go to my friend's house tonight with NO kids!!!! AND DH took our 10 yo DD to play golf with him and his best friend on Sunday. So, he's trying...AND trainable!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Banned

Am I the only one here whose baby doesn't have much of a napping schedule?

I can usually count on Willow going down "for the night" between 11p-midnight. She doesn't usually wake up until almost 9 a.m, but some days she's up at 7 a.m. and others, she'll sleep until 11 a.m..

Once she wakes up, she's up for about an hour to an hour and a half, then she goes back down for about an hour. When she wakes up from that nap, she's usually up for at least 3 or 4 hours, and then will sleep for another hour or so (around 3 p.m. most days). Around 7 p.m., she'll get really sleepy again and take another nap that will be between 1-2 hours. And then, once she's up from that, she's up until midnight or so...and then we start all over again.

Because I SAH, I just don't really pay attention to the clock or try to really get her to lay down for a nap unless she lets me know she's ready (rubbing eyes, yawning, etc).

Do you think I'm creating a problem? I don't mind being up late with her as I'm a nightowl and it works out well for me. Plus, she's awake in the evenings when DH is home and can spend time with her. AND since she sleeps in our room, DH can go to bed as usual (around 10 p.m.) and get good and asleep before I go to lay her down after 11 p.m..

Am I just being lazy? Or do you think it's something to worry about?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
how do you guys comfort your babies if they don't want to nurse? I am used to just putting Z to the breast if he fusses, but lately he's been refusing to eat and getting more upset, unless he's just woken up, is almost asleep, or I guess is actually hungry (I'm hoping he's still eating when he needs too...). But I don't know how to soothe him when he gets upset if not through nursing him!
DH will take DS outside and watch the cars go by. I will open the front drapes and we will "check the scene" in the front yard.

Warm baths are nice, so is infant massage...

He likes to suck on just about anything, but usually he finds his fingers. Do you use a paci? We never used one so DS learned to use his fingers to comfort himself if he needs to and doesn't want the breast.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 AM

Cjanelles: Evan doesn't always have a regular nap schedule. I waited and let him set his own schedule and he usually went to sleep around 10 am so now around 10 am I try to get him to sleep. It doesn't always work, especially when we're on the go and he's in the car @ 10 am. I worry that I'm setting him up for bad napping too. DS1 just did not nap period, I gave up on him ever napping around 18 mos.

We met with the geneticist yesterday and it went well. The average person has a .5-1% chance of having a baby with a heart defect and we have a 4% chance of having a baby with another heart defect (not just TAPVR). Those are odds that I feel comfortable with. They will have to do a fetal echo while I'm pregnant in any future pregnancies. I can still have a HB or a birth center birth (as long as the heart looks ok)!

I've been thinking and thinking about what could have caused it and I remember I went apple picking when I was 4-5 weeks preg (before I even knew). I ate apples without washing them and I also ventured into the roped off sections of the orchards to sneak some pears and peaches. I wonder if they were recently treated with pesticides? Pesticide and lead exposure in pregnanct women have been loosely linked to heart defects. The heart is fully developed by 8 weeks preg so the exposure has to be before then. Exposure in men doesn't do anything but kill healthy sperm.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:04 PM

thanks for the replies. no Z doesn't take a paci. he'll just choke and spit it out. he does suck his thumb but it doesn't comfort him too much! I'm trying to keep track of how often he's eating today. I'm a little concerned because he didn't poop yesterday either. he did sleep all night though, so he can't be too hungry!

Jilian, I really don't think you did something to cause the heart condition. You're just part of that small percentage that it happens to! but if it was from the apples, well, you didn't know you were pregnant, so you can't blame yourself. I had a fetal echo this pg because I was taking paxil until 10 weeks along! luckily nothing was wrong, but I guess I would have felt awful if it was. because paxil was supposed to be fine, it was in my first pg!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:45 PM

sometimes i avoid posting b/c i feel bad for not responding specifically to everyones news/ questions/ challenges etc and the when i have some news or question of my own, i worry that people will be like "i'm not responding to her cuz she never responds to me". i know it's silly but i have social issues (junior high school leftovers maybe?) and still don't totally have the hang of this internet community thing. that being said...

what happened to my "great sleeper" baby? for the past week, carina has ababdoned her 2+ hour naps and now only stays asleep for 1/2 hour - 1 hour tops. and where she used to sleep through from 7/8 to 3/4, now she's waking up an hour after i put her down and then again at 12, 3 & 5. i'm not used to this. i got so little sleep over the weekend that i ended up with a crazy migraine on monday that didn't go away til tuesday. it was awful. thank god dp came home early on tuesday (after i cried on the phone) and took both kids out so i could sleep for a couple hours. could it be teething or is it just normal change in sleep habits?

i have to say, this is all new for me because we did "sleep training" with ds : and so i never really experienced the natural sleep patterns of a baby. i know more now than i did then and there's no way i could let carina cry as much as i let keon. it's tough to even think about. poor little guy. but the sleeplessness does get better on its own, right? i have to believe it will.

just wanted to get that off my chest. i'm definitely empathizing with others having sleep issues...and partner issues...and body issues...and pretty much any other issue i can think of.

steph - congrats on the
jilian - glad to hear you got good news from the doc
everyone - cute babies!
welcome new moms :

Old 10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
acp

dara00, DD pretty much never comfort nurses - she's only interested in nursing if she's hungry (and lately, she only gets hungry every 3 1/2 - 4 hours). She does suck her thumb, which helps if she's fussy, but the other thing that will calm her when nothing else will is walking around with her facing out - sort of over one arm like a sack of potatoes. I can't say it's the easiest for me - especially since she's so heavy! - but it's the position she seems absolutely happies when she doens't want to snuggle, or nurse, or sleep, or anything else. Luckily those occcasions are pretty rare...
The other thing I do (which pps already mentioned) is put her in the wrap or ergo and go for a walk. If I'm pretty sure she's not sleepy, I'll put her in the wrap facing out, and she usually stays pretty happy and interested (guess she's a facing-out kinda girl), and if I think she might be tired and that's why she's getting fussy, but she doesn't want to sleep when I put her down, i'll put her on facing in and she'll usually go to sleep within moments. My mom jokes that she's a "third-world baby" since she's so much happier sleeping on one of us, in my EllaRoo wrap, than she is anywhere else.

violetisadora, DD definitely fluctuated in her sleep patterns. At 7 weeks old she actually started sleeping 9-hour stretches (and 12-hour nights overall), and I couldn't believe what I'd done to get such a great sleeper. Then at 10 weeks it all went to hell and she started waking up multiple times a night, sometimes hungry, sometimes just needing to be comforted back down. It was hard since I'd gotten used to basically sleeping through the night again, and for a little while I sort of resented the multiple wakings more than I did the first few months of her life (when I expected them). And then, about a week ago, she just started spontaneously sleeping 9-hour stretches again! I think some of it is just the natural changing fluctuations in babies sleep habits (and obviously some babies are more "sleepers" than others). I will say, I learned to stop going to her if I just heard a few soft barks/moans/grunts that sounded like she might still be semi-asleep and sort of moving around before she fell back asleep. Some mamas here might not be comfortable doing that, but for me, that didn't feel like CIO - it just felt like respecting her need to go through a more restless sleep cycle (the same way we do as adults) without startling her fully awake. I'd wait until I was sure she was really awake and needed something.

User Tag List