Tell me about your 6 month (or there about) old! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2003, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gr8flmom

I just checked your first post and see that you cosleep with Dylan...I was going to ask if she was in a crib when you say she is sleeping through the night. So, she cosleeps and sleeps through the night?! So not fair! That's what I want....and am not close to getting. Has she always slept well at night? When does she go to sleep, and how, and when does she wake up?

Also, you mentioned whole wheat biscuits. What kind is she eating? And she's OK with cheerios...no choking?

Also, to everyone, do you think we should start a new thread with the title "Jan/Feb 2003 babes"? Our babes are getting past the "6 months or thereabouts" stage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2003, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I do agree with the name change...moderator?

Well, she woke to nurse 2 times last night, but that was the first time in about 2 weeks, so we will just have to see what happens now. Actually, we have a crib (toybox!) and are thinking of sidecaring it to the bed. SHe rolls, kicks, scratches and pulls hair now, so it might be in our best intrest to move it into the family bedroom.

She's never choked on a cheerio, and she eats them atleast once a day. She gums them till they are really soft, and of course she is upright and supervised during all feedings. Her teething biscuits are Healthy Times brand. They're basically whole wheat flour and molasses, everything is organic in them. She holds one and gums it till she gets bored and throws it. Once, a peice did break off in her mouth, but I retreived it.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 08-18-2003, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Ack! I forgot to write her sleep schedule. First of all, she does go to bed rather late. We have 2 other babies in our neighbor hood and whenever we hang out with their families at night Dylan is wide awake soaking up the extra attention. Of course, those parents just put the babe awake with a bottle into the crib and leave the room. At about 9:30 she goes to sleep. If I am home she nurses down, if I am at work my dh snuggles with her until she drops off. She wakes up at about 6 am if she has slept strait through, if not she nurses around 3 then wakes for good at about 7:30. Last night, though, she woke at 12:30 and again at 2 am.

She started sleeping eight hour stretches at 6 weeks old. I was worried (and wet!) the next morning. My mother said I should movve her to her own room then. I didn't and she started nightwaking again at 3 or 4 months of age and has been until just recently.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 08-18-2003, 10:19 PM

Well, lots has happened since I last posted about Anna. She is 7months this Saturday (the 23rd). Anna has mastered crawling, she's pretty speedy when she wants to get somewhere, but she grunts the whole way so we always know when she's on the move . She learned to sit shortly after learning to crawl. We had a few tip-over's (couldn't put a boppy around her since she was already crawling!) and hasn't tipped for this past week. She can go from sitting to crawling and back to sitting. She's starting to pull up on short things and has crawled up on a short box . She says mamamamam and babababa and ppphhhhtttt. Blows bubbles and lips. She knows how to rattle rattles (I shake fist - so it's kinda a baby sign??) and has come to me when I shook my open hands for her. Her favorite toys are chewing on a binky, her toy piano, BOOKS!!!! (she likes to turn the pages and then eat them - it's very cute to see her turn the pages - no time for reading!!), sipping out of an adult water glass, peekaboo with playsilk, play keys, wooden ducki rattle, and a vibrating teether. She hams it up for all pictures - check out her website below - so cute!!! (there's one of her crawling!). That's Anna this month - it's amazing how quickly they learn things.

Anna has severe reflux and is on meds for it. She's doing much better this month, but still isn't interested in eating awake very much (this includes liquids - formula for her). We've started solids, but she gags a lot and sometime throws up with it. Our bed is our queen on the floor next to her elevated crib mattress. She sleeps next to me in this arrangement and crashes between 7 and 9pm and wakes between 5 and 6:30am. She doesn't really wake at night unless she's had a frustrating day, a bad reflux day, or is learning a new skill.

Oh! and her favoritest thing in the world is riding in the sling and chillin' out with a toy in there while taking in the view . Anna is 15lbs 9oz and is almost 28inches long.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:41 PM

Oh wow, Anna's hair is just beautiful. She looks so much older than my dd, although they were born the same day (and we were going to call her Anna, but dh and I compromised with Annelise)!

DD has a bit of hair, but not much yet.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:03 AM
C99

Also wondered where the January 2003 mamas thread was! I'm glad this thread was here, however, because I was just thinking how much I am in love with my little baby right now.

My Nathaniel was born on January 25 -- five weeks premature. There was no rhyme or reason for this -- my water broke at 35 weeks after a completely normal, low-risk pregnancy. My feeling now is that some babies need 40 weeks to gestate and my Nate only needed 35. He weighed not even 6 lbs when he was born, but was 18 lbs at his last pediatrician's appointment. He's kind of a compact little baby, however, at 26.5 inches.

He sleeps in his crib now and sometimes I have to physically restrain myself not to go in there and give him a hug -- he looks so damn cute and cuddly! He's cutting his first tooth, sits up unassissted on a soft surface, rolls in both directions, and laughs and smiles readily at me, my husband, and my mother. I love seeing his personality come out; it's not quite such a little one -- he is one strong-willed baby (just like his mama!).

He likes solids -- bananas, sweet potatoes, and pears -- but hates the cereals -- rice and oatmeal. We keep trying with the cereal b/c I am a bit worried about iron. I waited to start him on solids until nearly 6 months and I am so glad that I did because it's so fun to feed him. He sometimes wants the spoon to feed himself and it's amusing to watch him miss completely. He ends up sucking all the food off and losing interest in the spoon. But when he reaches for the spoon, it's like "Mom, you're not getting it in fast enough!"

He's just such a clever, happy, huggable, kissable baby. I recently held an 8-week-old and quickly remembered how boring that age is. So glad to have a fun nearly 7-m/o to play with and love!
Old 08-21-2003, 06:22 AM

Hi again Everyone
Your babies all sound so gorgeous and doing very well.

Ella is just over 6 mths. Well and truly into the solids now, eating a wide variety daily. No reations to anything so far so that's good.
Started crawling backwards this week so that's very exciting. Not sitting yet though but I havent encouraged her at all. Sleeping through most nights which is great. Still having 2 goods naps in the day!

Take Care
Old 08-22-2003, 01:59 AM

hi! so great to read about all your babies! before oceano was born i would have never thought i would have gotten so much enjoyment from reading about and seeing pictures of perfect strangers' children!

oceano is a great little boy. this month his nickname is "luuuuuv bucket, my bucket of love!" he is seven months next week. at 6 months he was 28" and weighed 21 #, he's got little sausage link arms and legs and rolls o fat everywhere! well, there are pictures at the link below for the visuals!

we cosleep and i don't mind the (plentiful) night nursings at all. they usually barely register. he is starting to take up more room on the bed and occassionally rolling off the side (it's a queen futon on the floor) and when i put him in the middle he sometimes grabs at daddy while he's sleeping! he's got lovely homemade cloth diapers. ec interests me, but even though i spend every moment attuned to him, i can't tell when he's gonna pee or poop and have been squirted with both when his diaper is off. i carry him everywhere. at first with no sling, but he got heavy very quickly, so at about 2 months he did kangaroo in the sling, now always hip carry. he hates to be lying in it unless nursing, and always wants to be looking out away from me. he has never raised his arms to be picked up, but his naturopath thinks that's because he gets carried so much anyway. we are still exclusively bfing. we tried bananas from our yard at 6 mo, but he spit them out. i'm glad, i read after that babies excl. bf for 7 mo basically never are anemic at 1yr because of the superior iron absorption of breatmilk.

he doesn't crawl or slither, but occasionally rocks onto knees. he rolls like a champ, and walks when we hold both of his hands (he takes impossibly big steps that would throw him off balance by himself, but grins so much when we let him walk across the floor this way) he sits for a few minutes by himself, but often topples sooner. he says dadada, mamama, disss, and a bunch of other cute babbles. he's great at handling, sucking, beating together, shaking, etc his toys. we take him swimming a lot and last week he swam two strokes underwater from daddy to me! he was kinda a fussy baby until recently, needing to be walked a lot and i had problems trying to nurse him too much and he would fight it. always he has been easy to make laugh and smile though! now we are in a rythm and he's pretty well behaved, but is bored easily and really i should stop this and take him for a walk now! anyway, i can't wait for waving, crawling, pointing, and clapping. each new thing is amazing!

wish all our wonderful jan/feb babies could get together and play (or at least smile at each other and pull hair!)
Old 08-23-2003, 04:50 AM

Theadora Joy was born 1/17/03.
She's a big walker now. All she wants to do is hold hands and walk from room to room, although she's starting to do less of this and more pulling up and cruising. I'm trying to encourage her to crawl, but she has a 2yr old bro. and just wants to be big too. She's been sitting forever, like since 3mo or something, but not so into rolling. She does it, but not very often and not for fun.
She doesn't eat much. Probably would like to, but her brother is allergic, so we're taking it real easy. I give her crusts of bread and whole fruit to mess with. LOOOOOOOVes peaches, just buries her face in 'em and snorts and slurps.
Lots of dadada and mamama (actually its dladladla and mnamnamna - I took a workshop on the Nez Perce language this summer - which Joy attended as well - and I think it really sunk in!) and she says numnum, her brother's word for the breast.
She is of course the most beautiful chunk of babylove girl that I could ever hope to hold.

Good thread! Lets keep it up!
-Jenna
Old 09-09-2003, 06:15 PM

I thought I'd started a new thread for January moms, but can't seem to find it. Must have mommy brain.

Anyway, I'm bumping this thread to tell you I've started a new thread. Let's try to keep it going.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:10 AM

Jakob is 7 months old as of yesterday. I can't believe how much he has changed in the last month.

He doesn't pull himself to sit up yet, but if I sit him down he will stay sitting for quite a while. He is creeping, slithering, and rolling all over the place. He loves to roll himself under the coffee table and kick the underside of it...he gets a lot of laughs out of it.

He says dadada, dladladla, nana, bababa, wawawa, yaya, and other babbly talk. When I tell him, "Say mama" he justs laughs at me every single time! It's hilarious.

His solids intake is small but he's tried banana, avacado, pear, apple, carrot, peas, sweet potatoe, peach, and egg yolk. He loves all of it. He eats maybe a few tablespoons of solids a day. He breastfeeds a lot still of course.

His two teeth on the bottom are almost completely up...and get this he is currently cutting FOUR teeth on top. I can't believe it, he is handling it very well. Hyland's teething tablets are awesome though.

He tends to be breastfeeding a little less during the day...I think partly from teething and partly from spending lots of time exploring. He makes up for it at night though, but I'm able to get restful sleep regardless. It's never bothered me his nursing at night.

With a little help and supervision he is holding onto the side of the couch in a standing position and loves looking down at his own two feet.

Gosh, I can't believe how fast the time is going...before I know it he's going to be a year old.

User Tag List