Tell me about your 6 month (or there about) old! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 07-27-2003, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just curious how everyone else is faring. My Dylan Juliet was born Jan. 20th. SHe was 15 days late. She's becoming an amazing little entitly and I am just overwhelmed by my love for her. SHe is almost 18 lbs (6 and a half at birth) and she has bright strawberry blond hair. I was planning on waiting until about 9 months to introduce any solids, but she's been helping herself for a couple of weeks now. She has only had fresh fruits and veggies as well as whole wheat teething biscuits and cheerios. Actually, she did get into the hummus last night, and loved it! She has her two bottom teeth. They came through with out a problem. She can sit up unsupported and roll around both ways, but no crawling yet. She still wakes to nurse once or twice a night which is fine with me- we cosleep. She loves cats and other babies. She also enjoys playing in her baby pool with her parents. We gave her her first paci at three months and are trying to wean her off of it. I only give it to her in the carseat. She outgrew her infant one, so we bought a convertable that will allow her to be rear-facing till about 33 lbs. SHe is so strong, she can pull herself up to standing. She even uses my hair to help her acomplish this feat (ouch!). She is the most wonderful little person and I am soooo glad she is my daughter! So, how is everyone else? Lets all kiss our babes right now!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#2 of 41 Old 07-27-2003, 10:16 PM

I know exactly how you feel. It's so amazing watching DS become his own sweet little person. No teeth yet, but he is LOVING his veggies and cereals...no taste for fruit as of yet. B/f is still going strong. He's rolling and sitting! He was 18 lbs. 6 oz. at his 6-month checkup.

The sad thing for me is, my maternity leave was 6 months - so I go to work tomorrow . I was thinking how it's so wonderful that I got to take so much time off, to get to know him and love him, but it makes it all the more sad to leave.
#3 of 41 Old 07-28-2003, 08:26 AM

Anna is 6 months old. She was born 1/23/03. She's a wild little girl. Loves to move. Not sitting yet.. no interest. Constantly rolling and rocking. She can now rock and lunge her way to objects. Adores her exersaucer (she has reflux so we use it after feedings to keep her upright). Loves the wind and thinks kitties are the most funny things. She is almost 15lbs and is almost 28 inches long. She still has severe reflux and will not eat awake (or aware of it) for more than 2 ounces a day (normally). We're hoping she outgrows this soon. She just started liking food and loves squash, but we'll have to stop since her bottom got a big ole' rash from it. Haven't found a gentle enough food for her yet... once she clears up we'll try again with maybe avacado. Oh.. loves to rattle and babble and squeal and get the mail (or attempt to eat the mail ). Still loves her sling - which makes me very happy.
#4 of 41 Old 07-28-2003, 10:31 AM

Lucien was born on January 25th he was exactly 2 weeks late. He's round about 22 or 23 lbs and about 27 inches long. He has no teeth yet but has been teething off and on since he was 3 months old. He loves to try whatever i'm eating (as long as it's not a really allergenic food) though he just licks it. he has eaten some banana, plum, and mashed potato. it sort of makes me sad, i was planning on waiting till much later to introduce solids but he had other ideas he pivots and rolls all over the place or lays on his back to scoot up. he shows no interest in crawling right now but loves to try walking. he can sit up really well now, is getting really close to cruising. he's using both hands together, is playing cause and effect games. HE'S WAVING! and he's really babbling with intent these days. I love him ssooooooooo much. he is really becoming a little man
#5 of 41 Old 07-28-2003, 04:16 PM

Elizabeth was born 2/02/03 so she's just shy of six months. I can hardly believe it! She is the absolute joy of my life and I am so proud of her.

Elizabeth is still exclusively BFing. I'm not at all anxious to start her on solids but I think she would really enjoy some banana someday soon! The doctor wanted me to start giving her rice cereal at 4 mos but I didn't want to. Breast milk is way superior and what's the rush! She is not yet sitting unsupported but is very strong and easily pulls to standing.

I'm not sure of her size but I'm guessing she's 15-16 lbs and around 27 inches.

Elizabeth doesn't care much for naps but she sleeps well at night (once I can actually get her to sleep).

There's thunder out so before the power flicks. . .
#6 of 41 Old 07-28-2003, 06:08 PM

Ian was born on 1/31, so he's 6 months this Thursday. He had his first bit of banana last night -- he made so many faces I almost peed my pants laughing & crying! :LOL He had a couple bites, then he was done - fine with me!

Technically, his first food was on Saturday, though. My dh's grandmother wanted to give him a bite of her ice cream (not even the good stuff -- it was some cheapo soft-serve at a buffet!), and the dh said okay. I got back in time to express my *less than excited* opinion, but everyone was so excited that I figured one lil taste wouldn't scar him (okay...me) for life. It went in, he made a nasty face, & it went out! That's my boy!

We're probably going to skip the rice cereal all together -- I don't see any point (other than to familiarize him with spoon use), what with bfing being so much better for him. He is rolling over CONSTANTLY. Especially from back to front. He scoots a little bit to reach for toys, & chews on them all the time. We just bought him a johnny jumper that he loves - - we've been waiting for months to buy him this & he jumps & laughs, & laughs & jumps &.... It was soooo worth it!

Daddy is loving this stage, as it is much more fun that the previous "bump on a log" stage, :LOL Ian is almost 15 lbs, and about 24 inches. He loves being slung when we're walking, and is starting to get used to napping by himself & we're working on a transition to a crib...eventually.

Well, that's about it for now...it's so nice to meet you all (who have babies so close in age).
#7 of 41 Old 07-28-2003, 09:46 PM
G&K

Katie was born Jan. 6th, so she is about 6 1/2 months old. Let's see, she is just over 20 lbs (10lbs1oz at birth!) and is is almost 28 inches long. We just tried a few solids the last 2 weeks - probably about 4 or 5 times so far - she wants nothing to do with it! Everyone kept telling me to feed her earlier because she is such a big girl, ha! I was right, she just wants her mommy milk

She isn't sitting up for long yet - she can do a minute or two before toppling. She always starts arching her back because she wants to stand. She rolls like crazy. She has been crawling (belly down style) for about 2 weeks - she is fast as lightning! She does half of "so big" - the left arm only and she loves to give big, open mouth kisses. Oh, and she got her 2 bottom teeth at 4 1/2 months, and got all 4 top teeth last week.

Her sleeping pattern seems wonderful because her big sister was (and still is) the worst sleeper ever, but in reality she's not so great either. Her naps are fine, at least 2, sometimes 3 a day. ONce in a while I can put her down awake and she'll get to sleep herself with no crying, that amazes me! Night time is a different story. She wakes up ALL the time, at least 4 or 5 times each night if not more. She starts out ina crib in our room, then at her first wake up I bring her into our bed and sleep with her the rest of the night.

She babbles a lot, especially to her big sister - "la, la, la, da, da, la." She makes this grunting noise when she tries to get your attention and she laughs and laughs when big sis plays peek-a-boo or dances for her. She is a total hip baby - wants to be with me all the time lately, no more playtime on the floor. Ineed to learn to use the sling for the hip-carry- I never got the hang of it when she was a baby but still have it in the closet.

She is the sweetest most even tempered baby ever - I love her to death, even at 1, 3, 5 and 7 a.m.!

OK, I guess that is enough!!!
#8 of 41 Old 07-29-2003, 01:23 AM

Annelise was born 1-23-03 so is just over 6 months old. I love her to bits..can't imagine life without her now.

She weighs 16 1/2 lbs and I have no idea how long she is. Just starting on solids...we've tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes and banana. She's pretty keen on the banana. Alot of it comes right back out again, but she seems to really enjoy the process.

She sits pretty well now, only topples over once in a while. Rolls both ways and is making some crawling moves, but not getting anywhere yet. She loves her jolly jumper and has really started splashing in the bath.

She naps pretty well during the day...we just take her for a buggy ride and she's usually good for 1 - 2 hours. Nights are another story. She's up 6 - 8 times. I have no idea why!! We co-sleep and I nurse her when she wakes, although sometimes I just give her the soother and rock/bounce her back to sleep. I now dread nighttime and just look forward to the morning when I gave her to dh and I go back to sleep for 2-3 hours. I am very lucky that dh is home, otherwise I'm sure I'd go crazy. I'm just living on hope that this is a stage through which she will pass.

During the day she's a happy, smiley baby. Starting to squeal a bit, but usually pretty quiet. Still spends some time in her sling, but is beginning to enjoy being with dh in the backpack. She actually fell asleep in the backpack the other day!
Pinches and scratches and wriggles constantly when she nurses...anyone elses babe do that? But when she looks up and smiles with the nipple in her mouth, it's all worthwhile!

Maybe we could keep this thread going? I've often looked for a "mamas of Jan/Feb babes" thread and couldn't find one.
#9 of 41 Old 07-29-2003, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Island Mommy
Pinches and scratches and wriggles constantly when she nurses...anyone elses babe do that?
Definitely! She arches her back and kicks too!

You know what else my crazy girl does? When she plays with toys (or any other non-toy object), after a couple minutes she will cry incredibly hard-- the kind of red-faced, holds her breath to get it out, screaming cry. I'm not sure what it is that frustrates her so much. Maybe she wants to eat the toy, maybe she wants to hold it a certain way-- I don't know. It's really sad though.

One life saver that I've found is holding Elizabeth while bouncing on a big ball. It's like a yoga ball or a birth ball but mine came from Toys R Us. It's great for when she's fussy for no apparent reason or she's tired but won't nurse. It's not quite as magic now as it was but I definitely still find it helpful.
#10 of 41 Old 07-30-2003, 12:19 AM

my babe was born 2-9-03, he'll be 6 mos in a week or so. He' s a little more than 20 lbs and 27 inches.

But when she looks up and smiles with the nipple in her mouth, it's all worthwhile!

I just wanted to add that I know what you mean, but as he smiles the nipple starts to slide out of his mouth so he clamps down with his gums to keep from loosing it.

he grabs and scratches a lot and it is really starting to bug me. he really got my breast today and when I yelled OW!! it scared him and he started crying and I felt so bad. but it really hurt.
#11 of 41 Old 07-30-2003, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, the scratching hair pulling nursers! I have one as well! She's such a rough and tumble little scrapper, loves to bite and pinch. She's still my bundle of joy!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#12 of 41 Old 07-30-2003, 07:28 PM

I was just talking to a friend about the scratching, hair pulling, etc. She said she'd just gently put her baby down when she did that. Do you think a 6-month old would have any idea why you were putting her down?!
#13 of 41 Old 07-30-2003, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Island- Honestly, no. I think that they don't realize it hurts. I also don't think they make the connection, "Hey when I do this mama puts me down." Instead they probably just wonder why mama put her down. Also, with my baby anyway, she seems to go into a 'nursing trance' I don't think she is even really aware that she is scratching. We have begun to hold hands while nursing, she likes it, and its a sweet feeling. I don't like it when she cranes her neck to look around while latched on. I feel like Mrs Acordian Boob Woman when that happens!
Last night while I was at work she called for 'MAMA', dh and the neighbor who was over insist she wasn't just babbling, but she was looking at a picture of me and wondering where I was!

#14 of 41 Old 07-30-2003, 10:28 PM

Gr8tfmom -- talking already! awwww! I guess I should be thanking my lucky stars that Ian unlatches to look around & even to chew on my shirt or something for a minute! He's only tried to "bite down" on me once, and my nipple was out of his mouth in a flash!! :LOL
#15 of 41 Old 07-30-2003, 10:36 PM

My 6 and a half month old DD does the pinching and hair pulling too! But now she's got two bottom teeth -- so add teeth into the nursing contortion nipple twisting positions -- OWIE!

I don't think she knows she is biting me, but I can't let her keep doing it. So I pull her off the boob after a biting and she is crying, and then I don't nurse her for awhile (and she is still crying during that time ). But what can I do to let her know biting is bad if she doesn't understand why I am putting her down?

So how is my dear dear babe doing? -- she was a healthy 18 lb (7 at birth), 27 in at her 6-month checkup. She sits without assistance, can launch into creeping from sitting -- and her latest is crawling up stairs (what a PITA!). She loves eating solids and drinking from her sippy cup. And she loves torturing the poor kitties. She says "mamamamama" and "babababa" but I don't think she knows what she's saying

Cathy
#16 of 41 Old 08-01-2003, 03:27 PM

Good post! It's a bragging corner for us...

My dd was born 1/3/03 and is now nearly 7 months old and weighs 22 pounds (I was happy to note there are other "squishy babies" out there. Despite her bulk, she doesn't each much solids. Cheerios here and there, sometimes peaches and some veggies, but doesn't eat solids every day yet.

She's been sitting up by herself since she was 4 months, she's trying to crawl (rocking and swiveling), and can stand up with the aid of the couch or stool for 15-20 minutes at a time.

She's very smiley, concentrates pretty hard, and is very laid back. She doesn't wave or play games or anything yet. She had been very quiet, but lately is doing more talking (just vowel sounds, no consonants or repetitive syllables)

She's amazing. I am so in love with her.
#17 of 41 Old 08-01-2003, 05:29 PM

I was also wondering where a Jan 03 thread might be! My little girl was born 1/5/03, ten days late (and would have been later if not for pre-eclampsia ) She is just amazing these days! When people say it gets even better at this point I just don't know how...I just want to eat her up!

She is 27 inches long or so and 15 pounds. She nurses at least every 2-3 hours still if I'm around, but if I leave her with DH to go to yoga or something, she's just fine until I get back and then she *must* nurse or she screams : . She's eating a lot...we were going to wait longer to give her solids but we started with banana and she went crazy for food! She eats lots of fruits and veggies and we sometimes mix in oatmeal in the morning, but she doesn't like cereal by itself even with ebm and so we're not going to push it.

Today she was laughing and laughing while my mom was playing with her, with a doll and some stuffed animals. So adorable--I never knew her little giggles would be so cute! She's been rolling for months and can creep across the room on her elbows. She's sleeping in a crib now...we started out cosleeping but when she started sleeping 8-9 hours we put her in a crib and she's doing great...comes into our bed to nurse in the morning and that's such a neat time with all three of us.

Wow that got long!! I guess we have a lot to brag about, mamas!
Peace,
Beth and baby Miriam, almost 7 mos old!
#18 of 41 Old 08-02-2003, 12:45 AM

My baby girl (Harper) was born 1/2/03 and will be 7months old tomorrow!!! She started to full out crawl just last week and we chase her round and round the couch while she giggles.

She weighs about 22 pounds (9 at birth) and we have just begun to give her some solids only because she starts grunting when she sees us eating. She loves avacados!

We have been fighting thrush for the last month but I think that we have gotten rid of it (fingers crossed).

She is also a scratcher when she is nursing and I have to cut her nails twice a week or else I am all scratched up.

She is babbling all the time which just started this week.

She has no teeth yet but is drooling ALL the time.

She only wakes me up once per night to eat and she sleeps late - like 9:00 a.m. which is VERY nice!

She loves her sling and will intently watch me working round the house (she did not like the sling until she could "hip-sit"). She also loves riding in the pack pack when Dh and I go hiking.

She LOVES playing in the water (baby pool) and her outdoor swing.

She is my sunshine. (I think I'll go give her a big smooch right now).
#19 of 41 Old 08-03-2003, 02:35 AM

I love the idea about this being a permanent thread for Jan/Feb babes

Ella was born on 10 Feb, weighing in at 7lb 4.5. I have no idea what she weighs at present as it's been ages. She is the happiest baby out of my lot, smiling and laughing all day, rarely cries unless very hungry or overtired.

We started solids yesterday and has taken to it like a duck to water.

She rolls everywhere, not interested in sitting unaided, and just today has gotten into the hands and knees position

She was sleeping through the night but is now waking once or twice again although I've read this is quite normal usually before a milestone. No teeth as yet, favourite time of the day would have to be bathtime. She enjoys books immensley and sits on my knee with my 2 yr old listening to my every word, taking it all in. We are still :bf too and we love our cloth diapers

I sometimes get a bit as she is my last baby and seems to be growing up way too fast for me
#20 of 41 Old 08-09-2003, 01:14 AM

OK, I want to keep this thread going, so I'll post something.

DD is biting me!! With those 2 sharp little bottom teeth. Boy, I hope I can break the habit soon.

Tonight for the first time in awhile she fell asleep without a fuss in her sling...it was heaven....for 1/2 hour. Then she woke, squirmed, cried, nursed, cried, nursed, tried to give me a hickey on my neck, finally burped, then I bounced her to sleep singing "itsy bitsy spider" slowly in a deep voice. Sigh. Whole process probably took 1 1/2 hours.

My breasts look like I've been assaulted. Bruises, scrapes, bite marks, hickeys. As of tomorrow I am getting much more serious about taking her away from the breast when she starts her routine. It's like she can't nurse unless she's scratching the breast with one hand and pinching my arm with her other.

Boy, I've got one placid baby. NOT! Still, she's such a cutey when she smiles. She happily plays on the floor with her toys now that she sits up well. Also likes her exersaucer for awhile. She really likes eating, but we're taking it slow because of her "immature digestive system". She's desperate to stand and will hang onto anything and hold herself up. She even held onto the side of her pram and pulled up to standing from the sitting position! Yikes. I'll have to watch where I put her now.

Oh, I guess I should brag that she does about 90% of her poops in her potty. We've been trying EC since birth. She's nowhere near out of diapers, because I think she pees every 15 minutes, but it's sure nice not having to clean up and wash poopy diapers!

So, now questions.
Are you feeding your baby cereal? If so, what kind? I know that some people say baby cereal is just empty calories, but dd really wants to eat and I think it's one of the easiest things for babes to digest.
How are you discouraging your babies from biting/pinching you?
#21 of 41 Old 08-09-2003, 01:44 AM

Hey Island Mommy:

Sounds like this biting/scratching/pinching thing is epidemic! I'm just at the beginning stages at some of that, so I'm glad I'm getting the heads up so I can stop it in the "well that didn't really hurt" stage.

I usually bf in a big comfy t-shirt, so Ian's hand clutches & pulls at that -- that pretty much takes care of the pinching, etc.

The biting is kinda starting, although he doesn't have any teeth yet. He looks away when bfing, but still has my nipple firmly clenched between his jaws. So far I've caught him almost every time (except twice : ). I just pull him him off & wait till he is a bit more interested in nursing to let him re-latch.

Ian doesn't seem all that interested in food, yet. Other than the whole "I want what you have" thing. Everytime he gets something, he makes a face & it comes back out. If you want to give your babe cereal, I don't think it would hurt -- just make sure it doesn't replace a nursing session. I would do it just a bit after nursing.

Congrats on the ecing thing. I tried it for one day & decided I didn't have that sort of dedication.

Ian is doing pretty well. Tonight is his first night in his crib, so we'll see how that goes. I already know he is fine sleeping alone -- but usually he sleeps best in our room, in our bed. The nursery is a whole different atmosphere, kwim? We'll see. My dh's gaming (on his computer) just woke him up so I'm kinda ticked, even though I know it was an accident & he apologized. I just hate when he cries & know that if we continued to co-sleep he wouldn't cry.

Unfortunately, he will kick & turn in all directions & fuss & hit, etc... There just isn't enough room on our queen. The idea of dragging myself up & into another room isn't sounding all that appealing, either. Grrr... well, I'm fallin asleep at the keyboard, so I'm going to sign off & go to bed...'course who knows for how long. :

ps -- I love the name Anneliese. I'm sure I just butchered the spelling -- sorry 'bout that!
#22 of 41 Old 08-10-2003, 12:27 AM

this is a great thread because i was wondering if AP kids develop differently than other kids or if it is all hard wired in there... my personal experience is that my friends children who are raised differently seem to be developing at a different rate but this could all be very individual i know!

my cassia (or baby-loo) is 6 months and a few days. wow time flies. she's the berries and the bees knees. she is crawling, babbling, climbing stairs, opening cupboards and drawers, goes from crawling to sitting, pulls up to standing on just about anything and giggles at silly things we do. we started solids at 24 weeks b/c i mistakenly thought she was 6 months. i made her some sweet potatoes and other stuff to start. we added organic brown rice cereal a couple of days ago out of my desperation to get a bit more sleep. well, i mean cut down on the number of night wakings but i am not sure it is hunger... however, she has been sleeping in 3 or 3.5 hr stretches instead of 1 to 1.5 hr sleeps since we started with the rice cereal. coincidence maybe but the aquatots at the swim pool helps too i am sure!!!

it is nice to be able to brag without feeling guilty. sometimes i think ppl think i am making things up when they ask about dd and i tell them what she is doing. a woman at the gap (bad, i know) said to me " i NEVER heard of a baby crawling at 6 months!" and she had a 6 month old too. i felt so dumb i wanted to say, "should i get her outa the buggy and you can see?" oh yeah, she loves her buggy now too but it was only a very recent addition. she weighs about 17 pounds and is i think 26 inches long. i feel guilty kinda about the buggy thing but i cant carry her always on longer expeditions. dad often wears her still when we are out and she loves that.

this is turning into a soap opera. glad to chat with other moms!!

btw, she will pull hair something awful but is not biting or pinching. she did for a couple of days but seems to have stopped again. she did it while i was trying to rock her to sleep. sometimes she fights going to sleep with all she has and screams and cries and arches her back. this is with rocking and bf'ing. she put herself to sleep once between dh and i. sometimes i hold her on her back like i am swaddling her and sing her hush little baby.
#23 of 41 Old 08-10-2003, 01:09 AM

Well, I just joined the forums a few minutes ago so I'm so excited to come over and start bragging about dd right away, lol.

My sweet little Eve was born 1/31/03, two weeks before my due date. She was 7 lbs 10 oz at birth. These days she is long and lean, not too much baby fat except on her upper thights. She sure doesn't get her height from dh or I, b/c we are both on the short side. I'm anxious to see if she will surpass us there.

She's sitting up supported and rolling over both ways. She's almost gets up on all fours and I feel like she'll take off any day now, not that I'm rushing it. She babbles, smiles and laughs constantly. We can coax a laugh out of her so easily. Today, dh said "book" in a funny voice and she laughed everytime someone in the room said it for about 30 minutes. Such fun! There is nothing better than baby laughter. It stops me in my tracks and makes my heart jump everytime.

We started feeding her solids this week-bananas. She just loves them. She wakes up 1-2 times a night to nurse, then nuzzles up against me and goes right back to sleep. Overall she is a mellow, content, happy girl. She has the sweetest dispostion. She is the love of my life and the joy of my heart. It couldn't get any better than this.

Thanks for letting me rave!
#24 of 41 Old 08-15-2003, 11:46 AM

hi everyone I was wondering how you were all doing. Recognizing some familiar faces from our pregnancy months. I havent been too frequent lately due to visitors and holidaying.

My lil update...

my son (2nd child) was born 14.01.03...

He is now 7 months (yesterday!). He been rolling quite early on...starting crawling backward about 6 months and then forward at 6.5 months... and now sitting at 7 months! (My dd was so opposite...at 5 months she was sitting and didnt crawl till she was 10 months).

My ds also wants to eat everything...well mainly tast everything that is on hand... so not really hungry but so easy to interpret it for that. I do give him some banana and apple to gnaw on but he doesnt really eat them. my dd didnt eat till 13 mos so wondering where it will go with this one.

He is still colicky at bedtime (massaging and bath helps if not then the sling). He is quite heavy already Harder to wear him in the sling for long period now...just started him in the stroller lately.

I am also tandem nursing my kids... been lots of hurdles and challenges to overcome there...

otherwise things going well with my lil one.

Keep in touch and hope you are all doing well. (we have been having incredible heat wave with humidity lately so been hard on us all, having to do indoor activities with my preschooler).

Big Hugs
stephanie
got to put ds to bed
#25 of 41 Old 08-15-2003, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Sooo much has happened since I started this thread....(scuse my bragging!)

Dylan
1. learned to crawl at six and a half months
2. has said "mama" and "dada"
3. has mimiked "hi" "bye" and "baby"
4. waves "hi" and "bye bye"
5. eats EVERYTHING (organic, of course )
6. sleeps through the night
7. gives kisses
8. pulls up on furniture

WOW!

#26 of 41 Old 08-16-2003, 10:36 AM

Gr8flmom

WOW

DD is doing none of those things...but I'm sure it's just a matter of time!
#27 of 41 Old 08-16-2003, 10:33 PM

Aren't baby kisses just the best things on earth? sometimes Lucien insisits that i just kiss him and kiss him. he rubs his whole face on mine so i'll kiss him all over the face. he giggles non-stop woohoo!
Well mine can't crawl yet but he can push up and get his elly off the ground and his hips are getting strong enough that he can stay on his hands and knees for a little while...i figure he'll be crawling anytime now. I really need to baby proof.
#28 of 41 Old 08-16-2003, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

She did all those things within a two week time period. It was a frusterating time for her (so much learning made her cranky-kwim).

Selissa, congrats on being diaperless for so long. We go back and forth on ecing, but I try to catch all poops even if she is wearing a dipie. I did miss one the otherday, and she ate the turd :Puke. I have a thread about it in the Elimination Comm. forum.

I love my 7 month old!!!!!!

#29 of 41 Old 08-17-2003, 01:37 AM

Jakob was born February 12th, so he is just a little over 6 months.
He is so different now from when he was born, it is amazing how his personality grows and grows. And he grows and grows too! He was 7lbs 6oz 20inches at birth. At his 4 month check up he was 19lbs 6oz 26inches! That was two months ago...I'm estimating he is about 28inches long, 23lbs now. He has his 6mos check up on monday, so we will see exactly then.
We've been feeding him some solids for the last few weeks. Not a whole lot, just a tablespoon or two at a time, once or twice a day, but not everyday. He loves avacados and banana. He also likes peaches and apple.
Jakob has been babbling since he was 4 months old:he's repertoir includes:ga, ba, la, da....lately he say dadada all the time. He rolled over from tummy to back at 4 months..surprised me! Went to the kitchen and came back and there he was on his back. Nowadays he is rolling from back to stomach as well, and scootches some too. He was able to retrieve a toy that he'd thrown by rolling and scootching to it today. It seems he'll be crawling within a few weeks. He sits assisted...he likes me to help him stand up and loves his jolly jumper and exersaucer. He also bounces in my lap when I hold him up in the standing postion. The last few days all he wants is mommy (so cuddly)...I have been slinging him, he likes the kangaroo hold and hip carry. Today he went about 4 hours between his morning and afternoon feeding. He is tending to go longer stretches between during the day, and more frequent in the evening.
He has his two bottom teeth, they came in about 3 weeks ago, and I think he is working on some more. Lately he has been making this squished face when he smiles,and with those two teeth showing, its so adorable...like a jack-o-lantern...
Gosh, I'm sure you mammas know I could go on and on.....he is my lovey dovey!

#30 of 41 Old 08-17-2003, 02:17 AM

Selissa,
You're right about those baby kisses! I can't get enough of them...and baby smiles and baby laughter...I love it all!
BTW, I love the name Lucien. It was at the top of our list if Eve had been a boy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page