Severe baby acne = dairy allergy? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Life With a Baby > Severe baby acne = dairy allergy?
ATD_Mom's Avatar ATD_Mom 11:38 AM 10-24-2007
Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone finds it in a search.

I have been completely off dairy for two weeks now, and am happy to say DS looks a thousand times better. Now he just has regular hormone-induced baby acne.

http://www.kgspottery.com/October_2007/21/15.jpg

And he is no longer fussy at night from being obviously in pain with gas. Phew!

I'm going to attempt to re-introduce little bits of dairy - well, at least cooked butter - in a couple weeks. But for now we're happily sticking with the olive oil.

Tilia's Avatar Tilia 11:48 AM 10-24-2007
That is a good update! Just wanted to add that my DDs baby acne went away at 4 weeks after I switched laundry detergents to Dreft. She can't even handle Charlie's. When she was a couple weeks old, she started getting acne on her cheeks. It cleared up once I rewashed everything.
mtn.mama's Avatar mtn.mama 02:36 PM 10-24-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATD_Mom View Post
I'm going to attempt to re-introduce little bits of dairy - well, at least cooked butter - in a couple weeks. But for now we're happily sticking with the olive oil.

Hooray!!!! Nice job mama.... we've been off cow dairy for a couple of months now (although we also had to eliminate wheat and sugar for real success). We're able to have goat dairy and recently have been able to add in organic cow yogurt and organic cow sour cream both with live cultures. But no cheese or ice cream or butter or milk yet. I'm very very careful not to restart the problem by getting in a hurry with this. I want her body to forget that it is sensitive to cow dairy (and wheat and sugar) so that she doesn't end up with lifelong sensitivities.
msfidget's Avatar msfidget 11:28 AM 10-25-2007
my ds also had terrible acne at that age. and i was also *convinced* it was something more than just acne. i cut out dairy for other reasons...he was very fussy and the doc suggested he might be dairy sensitive. and his acne eventually cleared up. i don't know if it was the dairy, or if it would have gone away on it's own. but one thing i'm certain...ds never has diaper rash if i'm not eating dairy, but as soon as i start eating it again, his diaper rash comes back.
1  2

Up