Scared me to death... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-13-2007, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This morning, I got up to go to the bathroom and left DS on the bed while I was in there. I always leave the door open, and keep an eye on him when I am in there. The bed is only 10 inches high and on the floor, so even if he did roll off, he would be mostly just scared rather than hurt.

Well, I never thought about what could possibly hurt him other than rolling off the bed. I came back into the bedroom where I could still see his feet wriggling, and he had scooted all the way up to the top of the bed and was about to put his finger into the electrical outlet! I hadn't baby proofed yet, and I nearly paid dearly for it. I snatched up DS and we will not be going to bed tonight without covers in the outlets.

I feel like a terrible mama, and am so thankful that DS is fine. Today could have been a very bad day....

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-13-2007, 10:39 PM

:
#3 of 5 Old 10-14-2007, 12:32 AM

Oh - how scary!!!

Here's another scary story for you - on nights when Baby is cranky or something, I'll come out and lie on the sofa and watch some TV and sometimes end up falling asleep there with the little one. The other night, dh saw us sleeping there, put our big, fluffy pillows all along the sofa on the floor so if Baby happened to fall he'd land on the pillows.

HELLO??!! Thank GOD I woke up when I did, because ds was rolling off the sofa and falling onto the pillows - FACE DOWN. Would have suffocated, most likely, since he was still sleeping as he fell. I was terrified. I told DH that I DELIBERATELY never put any pillows there because I'd rather the baby fall to the carpeted floor and wake up than just fall into a pile of mush and suffocate.
#4 of 5 Old 10-14-2007, 12:41 AM

That must have been so scary, mama! I'm glad that he is okay. Never too early to start baby proofing, I guess.
#5 of 5 Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 AM

How scary! I'm so glad you caught him in time-- mama's intuition!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page