Remedies for cold - 9 mon old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-31-2003, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well the subject line pretty much says it...

dd has a head cold with mostly a non-productive cough...no fever, I suspect a headache since I think I'm getting it too and I have a doozy of a headache. She's real fussy too..

TIA

Kathleen
#2 of 3 Old 08-01-2003, 10:51 AM

I would start by bringing her immune system up. Vitamin C and Echinacea (sp?) can be given. At our health food store here we get a herbal cold kit which has goldenseal, echinacea etc. in it.
Both these things help a lot as well as giving lots of fluids and preferably bm and as little solids as possible (unless she really wants some) to give all the energy to the body to do heal itself.

Hope this helps and you both feel better soon!

Christa (mom of Kirsten 09/02)
#3 of 3 Old 08-01-2003, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Christa - we have an organic grocery in town that I think would have something like that...

She's maintaining today, just sleeping a lot, which is really good. I was already dropping the solids for the day to make sure she got enough liquid (bm).

Thanks for your well-wishes...got myself some OJ, Vit C drops, etc.

You know what started this all was a patient brought her dc to see me with a temperature of 102...I ended the session soon as I saw goosebumps...I was really upset with the parent for multiple reasons - jeapordizing their child and then more selfishly my child and me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page