Babee Tenda - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-26-2007, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any of you have a Babee Tenda feeding table?
#2 of 8 Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Baby Bargains has a pretty low opinion of Babee Tenda products, and the company seems shady to me. They don't distribute products in stores, just through "safety seminars". I don't like the sales tactic.
#3 of 8 Old 10-27-2007, 02:25 AM

I got roped into one of those "saftey seminars" during my pregnancy. The guy totally turned me off to them, even though they might be useful. He went on and on and on and on and on about how you could put your kid in the table and just walk away. And this one time when his kid was 6 weeks the sitter got sick, so she just lived in the table all weekend. And somehow I was supposed to be impressed?

I guess take my opinion of the table with a grain of salt, as I came for the fablous gifts (what a joke) and was trapped with Mr. "Dougie Houser had a feeding table if you buy one you're kid will be a dr. too" for 2 hrs.
#4 of 8 Old 10-27-2007, 05:43 AM

I prefer the look and the idea behind the Trip Trapp. Completely different from what you're looking for, but take a look and consider it. A lot of women here use it.

http://www.stokkeusa.com/tripptrapp.htm
#5 of 8 Old 10-27-2007, 06:30 AM

We got roped in when we had our 1st baby in 1995. Iirc, the seat was wipe-down vinyl but it had fabric (cotton?) piping as trim and that got really gray and filthy looking. It also ended up costing hundreds of dollars and was sort of bulky and awkward to use. Run, don't walk, away!
#6 of 8 Old 10-27-2007, 06:56 AM

a different view, if you're interested...

We have the table. WE LOVE IT!!!!! ya, it's a little bigger than your typical high chair. and it is pricey. but we looked at it as an investment. we never would even consider putting baby in it and walking away. but we have used it with 2 kids now. now that they are both out of that stage we used it for a while as their "station" in the kitchen (put snacks out for them that were readily available and they thought is was fun to eat dinner there). now it is used as their craft/activity table. so for the price, we have used it on a continuous basis for 4 1/2 years and still using it. and will continue to use it as our feeding/craft/snack table until we are done having kids and they are all too big to sit at it.
#7 of 8 Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Actually, we have one and love it. It's incedibly stable and portable around the house. My six month old is content to sit in it and play with toys, look out the window, eat her food, etc... And I like that it can be used for more than just a feeding table as she gets older.

My mom had one that she used for all eight of her kids, and some of the grandkids. It lasted for more than 20 years in good shape. I checked it out because of that.

But thanks for all of your opinions!
#8 of 8 Old 10-27-2007, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
IMO very shady sales tactics. They make you feel guilty and a bad parent if you don't spend $$$ on the table or the crib.

You can find them on e-bay if your really interested, though. BTW we don't have either.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page