1 Year Old Nutrution... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 08-03-2003, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My "baby" is going to be 1 year on Tuesday... so he's not really a baby anymore but I refuse to call him a toddler! I don't want him to grow up! (but that's a seperate issue )

At 1 year he drinks 5 bottles a day of 8 ounces ea of formula.

He only eats about 4 ounces of baby food for two meals a day.

He'll eat cereal in the mornings...or the occassional cereal biscuit thingy.

He usually get's a yogurt or 2 a day for a snack(s).

He weighs about 21lbs.

With all that said...he sounds normal right? Not too fat...not too skinny? He isn't interested in table foods all that much...except for the occassional chocolate chip cookie that my mom has offered. : My question is though...IS he normal?

I haven't offered whole milk because I'm afraid he isn't eating enough "table" or even "baby" foods to get all the nutrion he needs. All my friends children (granted 5-8 months older than him) are all eating "square" meals and snacks in between...but they've been eating that since before they were a year. He just doesn't have any interest...I always try him with a food that I have. If he sees me eating it, he generally wants to try it...so a lot of things he does try and has liked...grapes, granola, etc, etc. But even then he just wants tiny tiny bites...nothing to "fill" himself up on.

I keep saying "he'll eat when he's ready", but I'm getting scared he'll be picky like this forever. I'd really like to get him eating... "normally" for lack of a better word, but I know he won't eat if he doesn't want to. I'm not into forcing him to take a sippy cup of milk either, he'll stop the baba when he's ready...

I'm just scared he'll never eat...and that maybe he isn't eating because I haven't been worried about forcing him to eat regular foods, or drink milk only from a cup...or only drink cows milk...I guess my basic question is...is it my fault that he isn't eating like toher kids his age? Or is he normal and eventually WILL eat?

Thanks for any info...ideas...thoughts...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page