April 2007 babes - November HAS ARRIVED! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 626 Old 11-16-2007, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
all the diaper chat is making me : lol reminds me of when I was trying to figure out "what kind of dipes will we use!?!?!??!" dilemma of the century. We used kissaluvs in the beginning with a bumpy wool cover, they were fine (so cute) she just outgrew them super fast (could be that she was already the size of a 2 month old from the start. didn't see that one comin)

We use BG and and so far, so good.....y'all are making me nervous! They are a little leaky at night, but I think that has a lot more to do with heavy wetter+lazy mama=soaked dipe in the morning. I put a towel on our bed to catch breastmilk and other related fluids so, whatev.

G's sleep is insanity right now. She "went to bed" at 6:30 pm for half and hour. Then didn't go down again until 9:30. Up at 1:30 until about...oh, close to 4:30. Up again at 8:30 and here I am. She's a loon. I kept telling myself, "it could be worse, at least she's not screaming crying"

I told DH last night that I have made peace with her bizarre sleep schedule and I'm just going to try to roll with it. I'm going to blink and she'll be all grown up. Although my prayer is that for the next...mmmm 20 years...I'll have either a babe in my arms or in my womb (or what the heck...both!), so maybe that will take the edge off of that fact that Gianna will grow up one day. Maybe not though
#302 of 626 Old 11-16-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
wow! i have had ours for 5 months never leaked! my velcro actually is supper strong and sometimes i have to pull really hard to get it off the laundry taps!! those taps are still in great shape! the only thing i see that you said is that the stretchy tabs are getting a bit pilly oh and the inserts arn't my fav i use hemp joey bunz instead i hate micro fiber it feels icky to me!
i haven't used them on a toddler but my friend that convinced me to try them uses them on her monster 2 year old that is at least 30 lbs and she swears by them
and on top of it all i use fitteds at home my pockets are for going out mostly. i only have 3 bg's tho rest are FB's which is what i used soley with ds but am not so into this time, i like the velcro! but hated happy hineys lol

now i am broke and can't afford diapers so stop talking about them people!!!
okay, maybe I exaggerated a smidge about how they are looking. But we have had leak problems. They leak through the stretchy tabs. And the velcro still sticks to the laundry tabs, but not to the part on the front. That's usually on ds1 though and i think it's just because they're too small. Anyway, I wouldn't be so peeved if they hadn't been $20, yk? And for that price the inserts should be good too. *sigh* Maybe I should just get different inserts.
It's so funny because people either love or hate the BGs!

Both my kids are sick today. Arlo is dealing with his first fever, poor little guy. Anyway, we had a pretty sleepless night so I'm feeling like a zombie today. Finn is already watching cartoons and i can't get motivated to stop it:.
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#303 of 626 Old 11-16-2007, 12:19 PM

what ratio of vinegar to water would you use? I was thinking of putting some vinegar and water in a bottle and spraying on her diaper area, but wasn't sure how much to dilute it.
#304 of 626 Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM

From the dr Sears site (for your boobs, but the same ration could be used on Scout's bum) :
Quote:
White vinegar – mix a solution of one tablespoon white vinegar in one cup of water. Keep the bottle next to your nursing chair. Dab a bit onto each nipple and let air dry after each nursing.
#305 of 626 Old 11-16-2007, 03:25 PM

Thanks!!

Scout has the sniffles today. I guess I should be very very thankful that she is almost 7 months old and this is the first time that she's even had a runny nose.

I am really trying not to be paranoid in social situations during this cold and flu season, but last night at choir practice everyone kept touching Scout's face and hands and I wish I would've had the nerve to speak up and tell them not to. They do it even when she is snug in the sling. There's just no good way of saying "please don't touch my baby and get in her face" without sounding rude. Next time, I am just going to have to get bold and say something. It's not one single person it's EVERYONE. I know they don't mean any harm by shaking her hand or patting her on the cheek, but it grosses me out. Maybe I'm just being an over-protective first time mommy.

How do I find a balance between being wise and careful and being neurotic and paranoid??
#306 of 626 Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
doudat - great minds think alike!! I just washed a load like this:
wash on hot w/ a little detergent.
cold rinse & spin
wash on hot with added boiling water at TTO
cold rinse with vinegar
hot boiling wash again
cold rinse and spin again

I know that's probably overkill, but I want to annihilate every last cootie in my dipes

ETA: thanks for telling me boiling water won't hurt my pockets. I was afraid I would have to treat them special for some reason
maybe i missed this in all of the diaper talk but sun works wonders to kill yeast (and bleach dipes--kill other things too i bet ) we have battled yeast on and off since zenon was born.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#307 of 626 Old 11-16-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_anne78 View Post
I'm going to blink and she'll be all grown up. Although my prayer is that for the next...mmmm 20 years...I'll have either a babe in my arms or in my womb (or what the heck...both!), so maybe that will take the edge off of that fact that Gianna will grow up one day. Maybe not though

So, how many are you going for? like....10?

Ok, I officially change my vote from Maximom to queen_anne the be THE FIRST!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#308 of 626 Old 11-16-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

A
Well, I think it'll be one of the queens for sure

#309 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Well, I think it'll be one of the queens for sure

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#310 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 03:40 AM

Quote:

A
Hooray!
#311 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 10:34 AM

well i was right.... my period started this morning bahhh! at least i made it 6 months it was only 4 months with the other 3.

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#312 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 11:57 AM

ultimateserj - : I guess my period just started too. But it's just the faintest pinkish and has been for about 5 days. I was hoping it wouldn't start back up for quite a while.
#313 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:

A
Well my "official" answer is that we are leaving up to God....but I sure hope he is very generous with his blessings! We daydream about having enough for our own soccer team

I def have pregnancy/baby fever....everytime I see a pregnant woman or a newborn I get this AAAAAAACHE to be pregnant and give birth again and hold a tiny newborn Although I think it might be awhile, since we are ecologically bfing (G's choice, not exactly mine lol. she won't take a bottle which I am ok with, since I am way too lazy to chart my cycles).

On a more serious note, I wish I could bottle her energy and sell it to power a small country. She napped for 45 mins total yesterday, and then went nuts when we went out to dinner with the ILs, finally nursed to sleep for about 30 mins...woke up REAL mad so we came home. I thought FOR SURE she'd be down for the count as soon as we got home...nope. Went to bed at 9:30, woke up at 3 for about an hour 15. At least she didn't wake up for the day until 9:30 but I feel like I've had all the air sucked out of me I better go, ILs are coming to pick us up for her 6 month pics.......sigh. I really hope she is in a good humor. She'll be ready for a nap right about when the pics will be. Should be a good time to be had by all. :
#314 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 03:04 PM

Hmm I hope my period doesn't start soon, the no period thing is one of my favorite things, I have a feeling it maybe though. Then again I thought it was back in September too and nothing happened, so maybe it won't. I would like it back by April or so, since we're planning on trying for our second around then.

Desmond didn't sleep that well last night, sigh, he was up every 2 to 3 hours again, rather then the nice 5 hour stretch. Oh well hopefully he'll sleep well tonight. I have a baby free hour or two right now since DH just took him to Gymboree. It is kind of nice to have small breaks from him after being with him 24/7.

Yesterday he got better about standing without support, eek, he can do it for 2 seconds now, which is really starting to scare me, since it means he maybe walking soon.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#315 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 07:10 PM

All I can say is welcome to the club.....

Queen-Anne, we are "sort of" leaving it up to God for the time being anyway - I am charting though...and trying to hold things off until Johnny is older and my PPD goes away completely. We do want a good sized family - DH has 4 siblings and I have 7.

Johnny met his other set of great grandparents today for the first time! And then we went to our first holiday meal YUM- I bet I gained 5 at least!

Ok- off to make dinner my brother is visiting, so I should probably cook something halfway decent!
#316 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 PM

queen_anne78 - you'll have to let us know how the portrait studio thing went...hoping she didn't get cranky on ya.

tabrizia - hooray for baby free hour!!

Thurs night DH watched Scout while I went to weight watchers again. Afterwards, I was going to swing by the house and to get her and take her to choir practice w/ me 'cause I knew DH had a lot of work to do. I was already running a little behind and when I got home, Scout was in a diaper and nothing else and there was poop all over the potty, the prefolds I had on the changing table, and on the clothes I had her dressed in - all on a pile in the floor. And the sposie that DH had on her was practically falling off of her. Needless to say, I was pretty late for choir.
#317 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 10:18 PM

is it too late to join this thread? My babe was born April 26, 2007
will you still be my friends? :
#318 of 626 Old 11-17-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulyluna View Post
Welcome!!!!! That was my babe's EDD - I guess he decided to leave it for your baby
#319 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Thurs night DH watched Scout while I went to weight watchers again. Afterwards, I was going to swing by the house and to get her and take her to choir practice w/ me 'cause I knew DH had a lot of work to do. I was already running a little behind and when I got home, Scout was in a diaper and nothing else and there was poop all over the potty, the prefolds I had on the changing table, and on the clothes I had her dressed in - all on a pile in the floor. And the sposie that DH had on her was practically falling off of her. Needless to say, I was pretty late for choir.
lol it seems like my dh has a disaster every time I leave the house too! at least you had a good excuse!

Quote:
Welcome!! we'll be your friends!

No period here, or any feeling of it! It's weird, b/c a few months ago I could have sworn it was coming. Then again, I was loving my 6 hour nights then too!:
Speaking of that, I'm torn between, 'it will pass, hang in there' and 'something has got to be done, I'm getting more and more exhausted and frusterated about it'. I'm worried that it won't 'pass', but that it's become a habit, not a stage or new need that will go away. Axel never went back to nursing through the night once he stopped. And I'm such a better and happier mommy when I'm well-rested. So what's better?
A

#320 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 02:24 AM

yay! thanks! so, do we share anecdotes about our babes? what is the main purpose of this thread?
#321 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 AM

Welcome, soulyluna!

Queenofmycastle - Hope you can get some rest soon. Too bad we can't store up sleep and have "roll over" minutes like with cell phone plans.

I'm so jealous of you mommas who have your DH's on board with the idea of having big families! I keep telling him that Scout will need someone to play with when she gets a little older. My sis and I were 22 months apart and we had so much fun and played together so well. I don't think he really appreciates the benefits of siblings who are close in age because he has 2 sisters - one 7 or 8 years older, and one 13 years younger. He wasn't/isn't very close with either of them.
#322 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 03:17 AM

Quote:
yay! thanks! so, do we share anecdotes about our babes? what is the main purpose of this thread?
I have been MIA and : lately (new job and crazy baby and all , but it is generally a free for all....anything you want to share about your babe and the comings and goings of your life. However, diapers and the next to be preggo come up a lot, too!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#323 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 03:30 AM

ZOIKS!!!!! Next to be Preggo????????!!!!!?!? Count me out! That sounds scary! But i guess if your resources, support networks and fertility faeries are all in line...Kudos!!!
#324 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 03:55 AM

Not me, that's for sure!! I think I am one of few who hang out here that are doing this solo, and I have PLENTY on my plate and have no intentions of having another anytime soon. (Not to say that Micah won't have a sibling one day, just not any time soon )

#325 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Not me, that's for sure!! I think I am one of few who hang out here that are doing this solo, and I have PLENTY on my plate and have no intentions of having another anytime soon. (Not to say that Micah won't have a sibling one day, just not any time soon )
well, i'm with you on the solo thing (although dds dad is very involved and loving with her) So i guess that's part of the reason for why the idea of another pregnancy right now sounds overwhelming...

maybe someday! ? ! ?
#326 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 04:11 AM

I was just looking at your pics of Loma...She is beautiful! I love her cheeks -- bet you just want to kiss on them all the time!!

#327 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Welcome!

Quote:
Speaking of that, I'm torn between, 'it will pass, hang in there' and 'something has got to be done, I'm getting more and more exhausted and frusterated about it'. I'm worried that it won't 'pass', but that it's become a habit, not a stage or new need that will go away. Axel never went back to nursing through the night once he stopped. And I'm such a better and happier mommy when I'm well-rested. So what's better?
A
i'm feeling the same right now. i swear some nights Arlo wakes every hour!: The difference for me I guess is that Finn was the exact same at the same age. And it did pass, thank goodness. I have been considering actually getting a crib and putting Arlo in it to start out the night just to see if he wakes less being a little further away. But we tried everything with Finn and only time made a difference. I don't know, but I hope it passes soon because I am tiiiiiiiiired.
A

#328 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I was just looking at your pics of Loma...She is beautiful! I love her cheeks -- bet you just want to kiss on them all the time!!
oh lordie do her cheeks get kissed
speaking of looking at pics, that growth chart of Micah next to the teddy bear is AMAZING!!! Such a good idea! I am really impressed with your website dedicated to him, and someday he will be too.

So, what kind of stuff are you working on with your sewing? I want to become a beginner seamstress, but becoming a beginning anything new right now feels so daunting. I just have all of these ideas constantly flowing through my mind of mini-projects i want to make, but i never even get started.

Send some inspiration my way!
#329 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Welcome soulyluna!!

finn'smama & Queen: can I join the I'm-so-tired club with you? It's funny because I thought the same thing, should I do something to nip this annoying behavior in the bud? Or is it just a phase? A month is too long for a growth spurt so I can't blame that anymore... But the waking every 3 hours thing is getting real old. Shouldn't a 7 mth old last longer than 3 hrs at night?
#330 of 626 Old 11-18-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
But the waking every 3 hours thing is getting real old. Shouldn't a 7 mth old last longer than 3 hrs at night?
I lay DD done every night by herself first, hoping that she'll magically put herself to sleep. And then stay asleep.
But alas, I am her "crutch" as some people say. I just figure I'd rather be her crutch than deal with CIO. It's seems too difficult for me.
I've made my bed, now I'll lie in it. Probably not sleeping.

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page