April 2007 babes - November HAS ARRIVED! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-22-2007, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had to chime in and say (my apologies to queene_ann) that Evangeline slept too!!!! She went from 10:30-11 ish to 5am! Woo hoo! I am a new woman! There IS a light at the end of this tunnel!

We woke up to lots of snow today, but the house was warm. Our little home and fire are so cozy on these first days of winter.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_anne78 View Post
lol thank you for posting that!!! I needed something to laugh at

I want to be pregnant again, too! I miss it.

I also miss SLEEPING. Sigh. Gianna woke up about 10 mins ago and just refused to nurse back down....she sounded stuffy so I used that horrible bulb syringe thing with some saline and got a bunch of gunk out, but she still sounds crappy when she tries to nurse. That and it totally woke her up so now she's rolling around on the floor and I feel like a wet noodle. Blah. That and she cried FOREVER when we got home from DH's uncle's this evening, I don't know what was wrong with her and I am all paranoid that she's going to get sick from her 18 month old cousin's shedding vaxes that she got on Monday. : If that made any sense. I need some sleep.

your welcome

and i know what you mean about shedding vaxes! my dad got a flu shot yesterday and i am all scared hes going to give it to Caroline tomorrow... i know its not likely but scares me

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 11-22-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
I just had to chime in and say (my apologies to queene_ann) that Evangeline slept too!!!! She went from 10:30-11 ish to 5am! Woo hoo! I am a new woman! There IS a light at the end of this tunnel!

We woke up to lots of snow today, but the house was warm. Our little home and fire are so cozy on these first days of winter.
A
Snow and ice here today. A day to stay indoors for sure. I wish I had a fireplace, or rather a nice woodburning stove. Aaaah, the dream. Instead I have an electric baseboard that makes a weird on-off humming noise.

Romi went back to her old antics last night, woke up at around midnight, nursed, then woke/nursed at 2am, 4am, 7am. Oh well. At least she slept between nurse-a-thons
Old 11-22-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
this isn't my april baby but i had to share this with you all! i had to get lemons today at the store and ever since then he was begging to eat one! i told him later when i make pie and he kept asking so i finally just cut one up for him i knew what would happen so i got my camera out and got this little clip! enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQFA5BzUZI
oh sammy... that was so cute!

Oh and mama of Romi and Liam! Such Sweet Adorable Pictures!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Old 11-22-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
oh yeah, i forgot to mention before I posted on this thread I went to the April 2008 ddc. It was a bittersweet visit. I was remembering where we were this time last year with our pregnancies.: Every now and then I miss it, but not too much.
(And I'm here visiting you to see where I'll be next year! )
Old 11-22-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicavocado View Post
(And I'm here visiting you to see where I'll be next year! )
hihi, it'll be sooner than you think! enjoy your big belly mama, it goes away much too quickly
Old 11-22-2007, 08:09 PM

I'm going crazy, two kids, no napping, one absolutely nutso, big show in 9 days, looooosing it!!!!!!!!
:::::::: dizzy::::::::d izzy:::::

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I'm going crazy, two kids, no napping, one absolutely nutso, big show in 9 days, looooosing it!!!!!!!!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 11-22-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
wow, that is actually making me dizzy!

Old 11-22-2007, 11:01 PM

doudat: how does romi do with her rice puffs? Because of Claire's allergies, that is one food that she can have and is the only thing that I was planning on letting Sophia have (ie: no cheerios or gerber puffs) so as to lessen the confusion. I haven't tried them with her yet because I wasn't sure she could handle them. I have seen her trying out rice cake crumbs that Claire has left around and she's done fine. She had a bit of turkey to suck on today and liked it and also has been doing well with pears.

How much does one actually shed with the flu virus? Maybe I should post that over in the vax forum.

We had a bit of flurries today and the edges of the river are frozen over.

Any black Friday shoppers out there? I'm working (I volunteered so I wouldn't have to shop with my sister!)

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:01 AM

Wow - I've never heard of this "vax shedding" you all speak of. : Guess i should look it up.

doudat - I loved the pics of Romi and Liam on the snowy day. Even when your kiddos are sick, they look absolutely adorable. I just want to kiss Romi's rosey red cheeks!

ultimateserj- LOL! Sammy was so pleased and excited as you were handing him the lemon wedge...and then so grossed out. That'll be a fun one to show him when he's older.

yes, I agree - we must all get pregnant at the same time next time. That would be something! I don't think my DH will go for it for quite a while, though. : Maybe if any of you are planning on waiting 4 years until your next baby, we can be pregnant together.

We went over to our friends' house for Thanksgiving today and deep fried a couple of 18 lb turkeys. There were only 4 adults and one baby at our little get together - I don't know why we made so much food!! My DH and my friend's husband went nuts and fried everything they could get their hands on. I'm ashamed to say that I have now tried deep fried funnel-cake-batter-dipped oreos, twinkies, and snickers bars. They were all sickeningly sweet and disgusting. Gotta love Thanksgiving!

Scout doesn't do well with naps if we are not at home. She only had one 45 minute nap when we got home (we came home earlier than we really wanted to just because Scout was so extremely exhausted and needed a nap so bad). When she woke up after 45 minutes, I was like, "Are you freaking kidding me??" Then she stayed up until 11:30 PM. :
Old 11-23-2007, 06:28 AM

So, Scout has a bunch of nice wooden heirloom quality toys now and she'd rather play with a piece of plastic that came with the baby gate mounting kit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mb4ezYDyyzQ
Old 11-23-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
So, Scout has a bunch of nice wooden heirloom quality toys now and she'd rather play with a piece of plastic that came with the baby gate mounting kit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mb4ezYDyyzQ
How cute is she!!! Love the hair! Funny cause Romi is doing the same thing while I'm watching Scout, same noises everything and she ignores her expensive german toys too and prefers liam's plastic crappy toys. Oh well.

And I didn't even know people would deep fry a turkey?? That sounds unreal to me. How much oil do you need to do that? It must be local cuisine right? No one here does that... Turkey are always roasted. And you deep fry candy and cake? I'm like, totally shocked, can you tell?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
doudat: how does romi do with her rice puffs? Because of Claire's allergies, that is one food that she can have and is the only thing that I was planning on letting Sophia have (ie: no cheerios or gerber puffs) so as to lessen the confusion. I haven't tried them with her yet because I wasn't sure she could handle them. I have seen her trying out rice cake crumbs that Claire has left around and she's done fine. She had a bit of turkey to suck on today and liked it and also has been doing well with pears.)
I buy the organic rice puffs at the local market and they're not hard like rice crispies, they're crispy but kinda soft... Does that make sense? So they melt in her mouth (and in her hair, on her hands, it turns to mush!). So it's a fun activity for her as it makes her practice her pincer grasp.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:44 AM

loved the video of scout! so cute, and so funny about the toys.
happy thanksgiving everyone American. guess it'll just be us Canadians around here this weekend?
i had a bad night. eva was up like 4 or 5 times between 11 and 7. :
my mom is coming out to rescue me. praise the Lord.
A

Old 11-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Scout is a doll.

Queen - Sorry you didn't get sleep last night. I hope your mom will be a big help AND this phase will soon pass. oh and hang in there with the show. It will go fabulously. I just know it!!

I'm curious about the "vax shedding" myself. I may have to check into that to find out details ... unless any one knowledgeable wants to share :.

Doudat - those rice puffs sound pretty cool. You've got me wondering if I can find any around here . I'll have to check into that.

Well, Thanksgiving was OK. I don't really enjoy the holidays too much because my MIL takes control of them. They basically are her deal and everyone follows along. I tell you what though... Christmas morning is not for her. She expects we will be at her house between 9-10am and that just isn't going to happen. We live an hour away and it's the first year Peanut is going to be interested in the whole ordeal. She should consider herself lucky if we get there by 11am. Sorry for the rant. Ugh, I don't understand why she feel like she has to be so dominating and set the rules for everyone. Better yet, I don't understand why we have to conform. I feel like the whole Santa thing is for children and the adults can wait. Ok off the soapbox.

I have a freakin cold :

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I'm totally skipping Black Friday not much on crowds.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:10 PM

Queen. Hope your mom is able to give you some time alone to paint for your show. Must be hard finding time with a baby and a toddler. I know I have a hard time getting a break to knit (and it's for personal use, so no stress)...

Velvet: hugs to you too!! MIL can be such pains in the butts. I love to complain about mine, but dh is fed up of me doing it

As for the puffs, it's these ones
They have other kinds like Kamut and I forget what else. The price on Amazon is for a case though, it's about 3$ a bag here, so maybe 2$ a bag in the US?
Old 11-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
How cute is she!!! Love the hair! Funny cause Romi is doing the same thing while I'm watching Scout, same noises everything and she ignores her expensive german toys too and prefers liam's plastic crappy toys. Oh well.

And I didn't even know people would deep fry a turkey?? That sounds unreal to me. How much oil do you need to do that? It must be local cuisine right? No one here does that... Turkey are always roasted. And you deep fry candy and cake? I'm like, totally shocked, can you tell?
My mom's side of the family has been doing deep fried turkey for a few years now. It only takes a couple of hours! I personally prefer it roasted.

Quote:
Queen. Hope your mom is able to give you some time alone to paint for your show. Must be hard finding time with a baby and a toddler. I know I have a hard time getting a break to knit (and it's for personal use, so no stress)...

Velvet: hugs to you too!! MIL can be such pains in the butts. I love to complain about mine, but dh is fed up of me doing it

As for the puffs, it's these ones
They have other kinds like Kamut and I forget what else. The price on Amazon is for a case though, it's about 3$ a bag here, so maybe 2$ a bag in the US?
We sometimes get the kamut puffs. Isn't it weird that it's still more expensive here?? Considering the state of our dollar right now, you'd think we'd be getting some discounts. I just went to the local diaper store to see how much the FBs cost and they were still $20. So I ordered from an American company:.

Queen I hope you're getting some time to paint. I used to do hair when Finn was little and I can't imagine trying to do that with 2 of them! I am actually arranging to put Finn in daycare one day a week, just for the break.

Now this may sound really dumb, but what it Black Friday?:

Old 11-23-2007, 04:50 PM

only 39 more posts until I am a senior member!!

Old 11-23-2007, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Keep posting! I am uploading T-giving pics right now, so stay tuned!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Here they are! Let me know if the link doesn't work

http://nibbana.shutterfly.com/

You can see that Abby loves my Mom's homemade stuffing, just like me!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:

Scout loves to watch herself on video. Sometimes I wonder if it's really good for her...like it's going to put a kink in the space/time continuum or something. (I think I've seen Back to the Future one too many times. ) I wonder what she's thinking while she's watching footage of herself?? She just gets this huge grin on her face and waves her arms and kicks her legs while she stares really intently at the screen.

I *think* that deep fried turkey was first popular in the southern US and now it's catching on other places. Don't quote me on that, though. Where I live (Arkansas), you can walk into any hardware store or Wal-mart or similar stores and find propane-powered turkey fryers. We got one for Christmas last year and this was the first time we've used it. The peanut oil that we used to fry it is very expensive, so (among other reasons) it's not something that we would do all the time. Here's a little info on the deep fried Twinkie
Old 11-23-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Now this may sound really dumb, but what it Black Friday?:
Black Friday is supposed to be the biggest shopping day of the year. That is just what we call it here in TN. I don't know if it is the same in other places. People were actually camping in front of stores last night to be the first ones on deals. Some stores actually opened at MIDNIGHT. I was sleeping away at midnight. Last thing I was thinking of is shopping.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
Black Friday is supposed to be the biggest shopping day of the year. That is just what we call it here in TN. I don't know if it is the same in other places. People were actually camping in front of stores last night to be the first ones on deals. Some stores actually opened at MIDNIGHT. I was sleeping away at midnight. Last thing I was thinking of is shopping.
It is the day when many businesses go from being in the red to being in the black. It is a retail term used throughout the US. It is scary
Old 11-23-2007, 09:15 PM

So my trip to Atlanta has been fine so far, we leave tomorrow, and it will be nice to get home. My parent's lakehouse doesn't have internet yet, and the internet at my aunt and uncle's is erratic so I haven't been online much.

My parents lakehouse is nice, though it will be much nicer when they finish fixing it up and both floors are useable. Tuesday went well the plane ride was fine, Desmond played for a lot of it and slept for a bit of it. Getting the rental car wasn't too bad. We went out to dinner for my Dad's birthday and Desmond had sweet potato fries which he liked a lot (probably not the healthiest food ever, but that's okay). My Mom looks at me oddly though since I won't allow rice cereal but I will allow sweet potato fries.

Wednesday everyone was there and we hung out between my parent's house and my aunt and uncle's house. Thanksgiving was Thursday and went well. Fortunately my family is slightly crunchy, or at least is smart enough to know that making comments to me does nothing. I am glad they have learned after 29 years. Desmond loves pears, he didn't eat much at Thanksgiving though because he was way overstimulated with everyone there (and it was a small year this year with only 15 people).

Today we just hung out again, he hasn't had a really good nap though he just slept for an hour. He's likely to be pretty cranky this evening though. I can't wait to get home tomorrow, since I really don't like disposable diapers, and we've been using them again because of the drought. We did have some rain down here on Thursday which was nice, unfortunately it didn't last long. I think they are down 17 or 18 inches for the year, so more would be nice.

Overall it has been a nice holiday, but it will be so nice to be home.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 11-24-2007, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Get a move on!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:24 AM

doudat: those are similar to the ones we give Claire. Now I won't feel guilty putting a few on her tray while we are trying to eat supper!

My little sister dragged my parents out this morning to shop. I went to work instead, but while pumping found that gymboree had 30% off everything and then I used a coupon for another 20%. Shipping is only $5.95 which I figured I would have spent in gas and in exasperation at all of the other shoppers. I found some nice things.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:47 AM

Queen, hope you're painting like the wind!

Scarlet is up late again, those darn teeth of hers. She shouts and squirms and rubs her mouth on whatever she can. So I'm letting her crawl around while I check in here.

Pumpkin pie is so good, mmmmm.

Wish I could watch video on my computer - it stutters when it plays. :
Old 11-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
Here they are! Let me know if the link doesn't work

http://nibbana.shutterfly.com/

You can see that Abby loves my Mom's homemade stuffing, just like me!
Cute! I love the mess these babies get into when they're eating. And it's been so fun to watch Arlo experiment with different foods. I'm so glad I got turned on to the whole self feeding thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
It is the day when many businesses go from being in the red to being in the black. It is a retail term used throughout the US. It is scary
whoa, that does sound scary!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Get a move on!
ahhh, see I should have split this into 3 posts, but I'm too lazy! I figure I will get to 1000 by Christmas, !

Old 11-24-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I really don't like disposable diapers, and we've been using them again because of the drought. We did have some rain down here on Thursday which was nice, unfortunately it didn't last long. I think they are down 17 or 18 inches for the year, so more would be nice.

Overall it has been a nice holiday, but it will be so nice to be home.
That is about how we are here. I think we are down 15 or 16 inches as opposed to 17 or 18. Our well has been producing less water which has been kinda scary since we just moved in our house a few months ago. Atlanta is about 4hrs from here.

Anika - I took me forever to get to senir member. Years!!!

User Tag List