April 2007 babes - November HAS ARRIVED! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
queen_anne: how did it go last night? were you finally able to get her settled down okay?

maximom...mmmm...coffee..I may have to make some too.
#482 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 12:36 PM

We have some serious sleep issues here as well with Romea, she is used to taking in about 12 oz or so of liquids at night and she is WAAAY to excited to be eating in peace during the day, especially since she is about to crawl in a day or two.
Here is a link to Sophia's 3rd Birthday pictures, I still haven't figured out how to make the link live, so you might have to copy/paste the link to see the pictures :

http://gallery.mac.com/visionsmith#100008

We are just getting off a long series of sickness rounds, it was truly bad, Sophia's eardrum ruptured with an ear infection and the Romea also had an ear infection, and her fever spiked at 105.5 F. I held her really close for 5 hours, so I could monitor her breathing, I was pretty scared. That was after her first dose of ABX. With SOphia I tried to hold off on ABX, but then her fever came back and her ear drum burst, and lots of puss and fluids came out Poor little love.

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#483 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM

queenofmycastle - i forgot to congratulate you on Evangeline's long stretches of sleep! :

Oh, Nani, that sounds just awful!! Hope your sweet girls are healing fast. Those pics are just too cute. Sophia makes a gorgeous little faerie!
#484 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

queen_anne- oh, hugs girl! I wouldn't know what to do...good grief. actually, you know what I would do? I'd give her medicine. know, I would totally bow out and be the bad mommy. Good for you for hanging in there! let us know how the rest of the night went!
You too maximom- what an early morning!

A
well. finally gave her some tylenol, I didn't know what else to do. I can't tell if it made any difference. She finally fell asleep at about 1:30, it was so weird, I was going to try ONE MORE TIME of side lying nursing on my left side (normally not her fav side but every once and awhile, she prefers it over the right. and I was about to see if she wanted to latch on, and I was butt-patting her and realized...she was drifting off to sleep. I was like, PRAISE GOD I am sleeping now, too. I THINK she slept straight until 7 am...but I can't remember I do know I did not switch her to the other side until 7 and my right boob was HUGE. She ate and we went back to sleep and finally got up around 11. I feel pretty good but now....I mean is she going to be up until 1am again tonight? Crazy. I have two books being sent over to our library that I am praying will enlighten me..."Sleepless in America" and Jay Gordon's book. We've already done No Cry Sleep Solution. And the Dr Sears nighttime parenting. Whatev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani View Post
We have some serious sleep issues here as well with Romea, she is used to taking in about 12 oz or so of liquids at night and she is WAAAY to excited to be eating in peace during the day, especially since she is about to crawl in a day or two.
Here is a link to Sophia's 3rd Birthday pictures, I still haven't figured out how to make the link live, so you might have to copy/paste the link to see the pictures :

We are just getting off a long series of sickness rounds, it was truly bad, Sophia's eardrum ruptured with an ear infection and the Romea also had an ear infection, and her fever spiked at 105.5 F. I held her really close for 5 hours, so I could monitor her breathing, I was pretty scared. That was after her first dose of ABX. With SOphia I tried to hold off on ABX, but then her fever came back and her ear drum burst, and lots of puss and fluids came out Poor little love.
yuck....I hope your girls feel better soon, and that you get some sleep!!!!!!!!!
#485 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 03:12 PM

I have nothing to report. Romi woke up 4-5 times last night. So now I'm officially jealous of Queen (not Queen78, nope, not jealous of you!!). Liam has yet another cold. We gave him a bath at around 11pm since he was crying and coughing. Then he slept like a log. We installed humidifiers everywhere, but Romi's nose isn't stuffy, it's runny. And she has the biggest reddest dry cheeks. She looks miserable. I'm thinking that daycare is the culprit, Liam's bringing back all kind of germies from there. I HATE WINTER

I have nothing to eat in the house and couldn't go out this am since the stove repairman was coming by. So I'm stuck eating the rice puffs we all spoke about. Yum.

Oh Kewpie: showed dh the pictures of the fried snickers/twinkies and he said "gross, but I want some now". I guess he saw the appeal
#486 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 03:16 PM

Nani: Sophia is just an absolute doll!!
Rupture eardrum sounds terrible, I hope she's ok. Poor thing.

Queen_anne78: we're in the same boat. I gave some Tylenol yesterday too :

Kewpie: I officially crown you the smiley queen of our DDC :
You really have a talent for putting smileys in all the appropriate places, your posts always make me smile
#487 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 03:27 PM

No sickness here yet, thank goodness. Hope everyone's little ones are feeling better though.

DS slept decently last night, he woke once not sure at what time and I just left him in bed with us. He slept in till 1pm today, which is good since it means he is getting back on schedule.

We wrapped up a bunch of baby presents last night so that we could do a photo shoot. It went well I got lots of cute baby pictures that I can use in my calender now. I'll try to post some of them later. I am so glad to be home and able to relax for the next week or so, before everything picks back up again.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#488 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 04:06 PM

Hey April Mamas!

I've been lurking around here a bit, but I mostly hang out in the blended family and tween area. My ds was born 4/9, and I finally got around to posting a photo in my siggy!!

Anyway, hope you all survived t-day.

Anyone else have a baby who won't eat? I'm not too worried, but I go to all the trouble of mashing, blending, pureeing, etc., and it is so unappreciated.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#489 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 04:18 PM

[/quote]We are just getting off a long series of sickness rounds, it was truly bad, Sophia's eardrum ruptured with an ear infection and the Romea also had an ear infection, and her fever spiked at 105.5 F. I held her really close for 5 hours, so I could monitor her breathing, I was pretty scared. That was after her first dose of ABX. With SOphia I tried to hold off on ABX, but then her fever came back and her ear drum burst, and lots of puss and fluids came out Poor little love.[/QUOTE]

aww poor things!! but once the ear drum burst they actually feel better all the presure is gone! my dd2 has had it do it a few times and i have had it also ( which is why when mine do get earinfections i useally treat them with abx because i know how fast they get bad glad they are feeling better now!!
your pics where so cute!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#490 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 04:40 PM

Wow, we're in rough shape these days at this ddc! All these sick wee ones and sleepless nights. 'Tis the season I guess. I will echo doudat with another I HATE WINTER! My boys both seem to be over there colds, but have lingering coughs which I doubt will go away until spring. I seem to be over my bout of strep throat too, so we finally got out of the house today.
I think we need one of these
Arlo is waving too! It's really funny, he gets very excited when we wave at him and it looks like he will fly away. He's also started dancing to any and all forms of music. He sits on his bum and bounces back and forth. Adorable! He also has been doing this thing where he clenches up his fists and stiffens his whole self and makes this funny face and than laughs and laughs about it! It hilarious, because we do it to him and he mimics and thinks it's the greatest game. Except for the sleep issues, I love this age!

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#491 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 04:41 PM

Welcome lunabelly! My baby won't really eat anything in the form of purees. He actually hates being spoon fed, although he loves to play with spoons! But he will happily suck on an apple or pear, or much around in potatoes or squash. He loves toast crusts and meat bones. We just give him stuff from out plates at mealtime and let him experiment. It's been great so far.
A

#492 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 05:50 PM

lunabelly - your kids are so beautiful!!

Uh oh - I don't know if I want the title of Smiley Queen....that's so much to live up to! :

Well, I cancelled our ped appt this morning. : It was cold and rainy here and that ped's office is almost an hour away. I just didn't feel like bundling Scout up and taking her out. Plus, the thought of taking a well baby into a germy doc's office was grossing me out. I was talking to my one and only crunchy friend at church last night and she mentioned that her 3 month old DD has never been to the ped and she doesn't plan on taking her in for any check-ups. I feel confused about what I want to do. We don't have insurance, so our appt would've cost $70-$80. And that just frustrates me because I know that the doc would've spent all of 5 minutes with us and all we get out of it is knowing how much she weighs. I need to find a doc that I like and trust...and that doesn't charge any money.
#493 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 07:58 PM

Thank you everyone who supported me and gave me sugestions on how to talk to DH about taking zoloft, he decided to let me take it. I wil take it at dinner so hopefully Johnny will be sleeping when the consentration is highest in my BM - if he wakes he can get a bottle of EBM or formula if it is around that time period, but he wil almost exclusively get BM from the tap

Here are some pics

This is the best boobie ever - 5000 nipples! (he sucked on each one )
http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...07/t_=90941907

AP's use strollers too....

Oh the horrible things I let my child do! :
#494 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
We don't have insurance, so our appt would've cost $70-$80. And that just frustrates me because I know that the doc would've spent all of 5 minutes with us and all we get out of it is knowing how much she weighs. I need to find a doc that I like and trust...and that doesn't charge any money.

I know so many people who don't have insurance, and it just stinks! It makes me : with US healthcare.

Dh and I love our ped, but we go round and round about whether or not to vax. We're in opposite camps, and it's a big bummer.

#495 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:

Uh oh - I don't know if I want the title of Smiley Queen....that's so much to live up to! :

Well, I cancelled our ped appt this morning. : It was cold and rainy here and that ped's office is almost an hour away. I just didn't feel like bundling Scout up and taking her out. Plus, the thought of taking a well baby into a germy doc's office was grossing me out. I was talking to my one and only crunchy friend at church last night and she mentioned that her 3 month old DD has never been to the ped and she doesn't plan on taking her in for any check-ups. I feel confused about what I want to do. We don't have insurance, so our appt would've cost $70-$80. And that just frustrates me because I know that the doc would've spent all of 5 minutes with us and all we get out of it is knowing how much she weighs. I need to find a doc that I like and trust...and that doesn't charge any money.
If you are worried about germs, you should ask for the first app't of the day. Then it is before all of the sickies have come in for appt's. I know a ped who always does her first 3 visits as well child checks so each has a clean room.

Sophia is 17# 14 oz. She's the 75 for weight and 50 for height. She's the size of E when she was a year! We're not used to such a chunk!

Here's my DH gripe: I had to meet him at the doctor's office. He dropped of Sophia and then headed home to meet Maddie from the bus. I specifically told him that if Sophia got dirty today, that there was a clean outfit laid out for her. When I was stripping her off for the scale: her shirt has a whole bunch of dried up rice puffs on it. Did you use a bib? Did you not see that she was dirty??? Oh how embarassing!

Sophia just woke up and i'm ready to nurse her!

bb later

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#496 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
If you are worried about germs, you should ask for the first app't of the day. Then it is before all of the sickies have come in for appt's. I know a ped who always does her first 3 visits as well child checks so each has a clean room.
That's a really good idea!

#497 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 09:38 PM

LilMomma83
Stroller? Jumper? Multi-nippled pacifier ball? You just lost your AP title. MDC would never let you keep it
#498 of 626 Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Thank you everyone who supported me and gave me sugestions on how to talk to DH about taking zoloft, he decided to let me take it. I wil take it at dinner so hopefully Johnny will be sleeping when the consentration is highest in my BM - if he wakes he can get a bottle of EBM or formula if it is around that time period, but he wil almost exclusively get BM from the tap

Here are some pics

Couldn't see your pics! But I'm sooo glad that you're going to take the meds and going to keep nursing- that's good news. I'm glad he came around, how are you doing?

Well, poor Evangeline had some exciting bm's tonight. The poor girl was having a tough time! :cry: She was straining and crying, and I was trying to put pressure on her tummy, and she would go red and hard, I tried cycling her feet, and doing tummy bends, oh the poor girl. It went on for 1/2 or so. She made some 'progress', but not a lot there! I felt so bad, poor little sweetie. She just cried, watery tears, angry scream-cries. Poor little bumbum.

I hate winter too. Just for the hate of it.

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#499 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:

Here are some pics

cute cute cute!
I'm glad you've got things worked out. You already "sound" better!

Quote:

I've only taken Arlo once to the doc at 6mo and only because I was going in for my ppd and my doc hadn't even met him yet! In all honesty, if I had to pay out of pocket I wouldn't go unless the kids are sick. I also hate bringing well babies into any health centre. Yuck! I take Arlo to the mw's to weigh him occasionally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
LilMomma83
Stroller? Jumper? Multi-nippled pacifier ball? You just lost your AP title. MDC would never let you keep it
:

#500 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 09:00 AM

I think my AP license needs revoked too. Yesterday I was scooting Scout around the house in a little baby chair while I did a few chores that are hard to do wearing a baby, in places that it wasn't really safe for me to let her down in the floor to play. :

Well, Scout woke up at 5:30 this morning, chipper and read to play. She didn't go to bed until about 11:00 last night, and she woke up maybe 4 times through the night (I lost count). I should've gone to bed when she went to bed, but DH and I relaxed and watched a movie together instead. As soon as he yawned and said, "It's time for bed." at 1:30 am, we heard her start crying over the baby monitor. (Aahh! Baby monitor! Another AP violation! I don't think there's a zombie smiley. There should be.
#501 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 AM

Well, if AP titles are at stake... I might have lost mine too. I let Romi play with a glass of water in the living room while I made myself a coffee. She was inthralled by the glass. We have concrete floors. You guys can guess the outcome.

On a happier note: I got me 4 Goodmama's yesterday!!!
I have to sell some stuff to fund these, they are so yummy! Love :

Liam woke up so many times coughing that Romi's not so bad night turned into a bad night anyways. I repeat : I HATE WINTER
#502 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 10:22 AM

Well, poor Eva's still working on it now and then. I'm worried that there's a blockage, a foreign object....

In the last week or two, I've found so many things in Evangeline's mouth. Yesterday was a plastic bread tag, before that was a dead ladybug, a metal peice off a broken toy car, and my round burt's bees lipgloss, that I gave her to chew on : but propped her mouth open in an 'o', to which my attention was drawn to by her 'oo' 'oooh' protests. where's that hiding under chair smiley??

I don't wear Eva as much as I used to. I wish I did!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#503 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post

On a happier note: I got me 4 Goodmama's yesterday!!!
I have to sell some stuff to fund these, they are so yummy! Love :
Ohhhh, don't you just love them? What do you think, really?
I've been selling stuff to fund more too!

Eva loves to drink water out of a glass. I don't usually let her play with it though
A

#504 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Here are some pics

cute pics!! And I'm glad you got your medicine/nursing thing worked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

Eva loves to drink water out of a glass. I don't usually let her play with it though
A
G loves drinking glasses, too, but she is esp. obsessed with my Nalgene bottle...??? it's weird. Last night was WAY better.....I love my husband. He commented that obv on Sunday she just wasn't ready for bed yet and we were torturing ourselved trying to make her sleep when she wasn't ready so he suggested that last night we just go with the flow and watch her cues and hang out with her until she was ready to go down.

Around 11ish she was ready for bed, and we all snuggled up together and that was that. She did wake up quite a bit to nurse, but I'm cool with that since she went right back to sleep when she was finished. So much more peaceful. I still think it's silly she's on this late bedtime routine but...whatev.

ALSO I have spotted her first tooth coming in...I can barely see it, but it's there....I am NOT looking forward to the prospect of being bitten, and I am sad sad sad to lose her sweet gummy smile, but I am hoping that once this tooth comes through we can get some relief. :

Yay for a LLL meeting today in about 2 hrs!
#505 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 12:25 PM

You girls are funny

So yesterday my DH says the whole side of his face feels strange and his smile is crooked and all, so we went to the ER just to make sure he was ok (I wasn't worried) and he was - but has lime disease or bells palsy. But GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I hated having Johnny in the hospital!!!!! He hated it too, he wanted to walk on the floor but I couldn't let him because he puts his shoes in his mouth. My parents came by and watched him for a few hours which helped out then both boys fells asleep and I sat in a chair bored for like 2hrs - because they didn't know what does of meds to give him and had to call somebody or something (I think just because they are slow). This just makes me so glad we didn't go when Johnny had a fever last week (yes my MIL was freaking out telling us we should take him)..

Oh, and I went shopping yesterday also (well just exchanging some gifts lol) and Johnny did not want to be worn, he insisted on getting on the floor, so I let him down holding onto my hand or leg and he kept "walking" over to the shelves and pulling clothes off etc so I picked him back up and he screamed the whole time...DH asked if I wanted to come back another time and I told him no way because that would just mean dealing with a upset baby twice!
#506 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 02:06 PM

Kewpie! you are one of the best AP moms there are. You deserve an AP promotion! none of this talk about revoking!
#507 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 02:30 PM

hi everyone... hope you all had a good past week or more. i have been away from the computer. hopefully i get a chance to read what's been going on pretty soon!

just wanted to say hi

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#508 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 02:41 PM

Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I have you fooled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulyluna View Post
Kewpie! you are one of the best AP moms there are. You deserve an AP promotion! none of this talk about revoking!
#509 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 02:48 PM

ummm...i have 10 pages to read to catch up! i don't think that will happen!

hi lunabelly and soulyluna! a belated welcome

when is your show, queen?? soon-right? how is that going?

lilmomma--don't feel too bad-- zenon is getting heavy to carry a lot (22#)--i use the stroller a lot and he loves his jumper. but he has yet to enjoy that deliciously large boobie how is your dh??

doudat--did romi manage to stay clear of the glass? i once let kaylo play with a little glass burt's bee's salve (it was an small, empty container with a lid) and somehow it shattered! (it didn't fall..so i'm not sure how) but it was in pieces in his mouth!!! amazingly no cuts, no blood. it was scary though.

hmmm. not much new here. i donated my hair in honor of all the people i know who are dealing with cancer : so that's a big deal--i hadn't cut it in 10 years.

zenon seems like he's trying to crawl even though he still doesn't sit up.

we are shopping for houses/land around here. prices are crzy high, so hopefully something good works out.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#510 of 626 Old 11-27-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
hi everyone... hope you all had a good past week or more. i have been away from the computer. hopefully i get a chance to read what's been going on pretty soon!

just wanted to say hi
Hey, nice to have you back
Yep, the glass shattered.
I'm sure you look beautiful with shorter hair.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page