April 2007 babes - November HAS ARRIVED! - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 626 Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow we have some cuties in our ddc!

BIG announcement....<drumroll>

Abby pulled herself up to standing last night!

Here is how it happened. DH called me downstairs as I was getting DD1 ready for bed. He told me to come QUICK. I ran down, and Abby was on her knees next to the dog food bowl (which is a raised set up and filled w/ dog food stored in the bottom - very sturdy). As we watched, she sat back down on her butt and then got on her knees again. DH and I then watched in amazement as she started pulling herself up to standing. Our jaws dropped! Then DH ran in as she started playing with the dog food.

I am completely floored. DD1 didn't do this until she was 11-12 mo. Abby ois not quite 8 months...
#542 of 626 Old 11-28-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post

Congrats to Abby on standing!

As predicted DS dlept horrible last night he was up every 2 hours or less and was up for the day at 9am, ugh. Hopefully he'll take some decent naps today, because he is never up this early when it is just him and me home.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#543 of 626 Old 11-28-2007, 12:33 PM

I'll start responding to posts later, but Hanno, you've got to be kidding me?!!! Ion is INSANE! And the weird walking-crawl he has, that boy is hilarious! Romi can crawl, but slowly! Ion is a fast one!
Romi's been pulling up to standing for about a month now, but nothing near Ion's accomplishment.
#544 of 626 Old 11-28-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I'll start responding to posts later, but Hanno, you've got to be kidding me?!!! Ion is INSANE! And the weird walking-crawl he has, that boy is hilarious! Romi can crawl, but slowly! Ion is a fast one!
Romi's been pulling up to standing for about a month now, but nothing near Ion's accomplishment.
And this is why I can't keep up with anything. He only normal crawled for a few days before starting the funny monkey thing. This kid doesn't care what I'm ready for, he has his own ideas. It's been like that since his birth when I told him to stay in there 2 more weeks to get big!
#545 of 626 Old 11-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
Wow we have some cuties in our ddc!

Here is how it happened. DH called me downstairs as I was getting DD1 ready for bed. He told me to come QUICK. I ran down, and Abby was on her knees next to the dog food bowl (which is a raised set up and filled w/ dog food stored in the bottom - very sturdy). As we watched, she sat back down on her butt and then got on her knees again. DH and I then watched in amazement as she started pulling herself up to standing. Our jaws dropped! Then DH ran in as she started playing with the dog food.

I am completely floored. DD1 didn't do this until she was 11-12 mo. Abby ois not quite 8 months...
someone to join in the insanity!
#546 of 626 Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#547 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 AM

I showed dh Hanno's video. He thinks she lied and Ion is really 10mths old. I tend to believe him. I mean, do we really have proof that she gave birth in april??

food for thought.

Oh and speaking of food, this is what I fed Romi for lunch:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mx-e4NSj...page=1&t=t&f=b
#548 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
I showed dh Hanno's video. He thinks she lied and Ion is really 10mths old. I tend to believe him. I mean, do we really have proof that she gave birth in april??

food for thought.

don't put one of those pricey diapers on her !

My camera wasn't working during the birth...I swear!

Also your accent makes me miss mtl so much it hurts.
#549 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 09:54 AM

hanno-- to the standing and the quick-as-lightning moving! he's fast. my chunk lays on his tummy with his arms and feet off of the ground--quite the opposite movement, i'd say.

doudat--romi is so sweet looking. i love that she loves beet salad (i do too!) but hanno is right--unless you like purple! it's an easy way to dye diapers.

arismom-more standing! good thing zenon seems so well adjusted or he'd have some issues. all his birth buddies are so advanced.

queenanne--zenon is happy to know he's not alone!

wildthing--it's nice to see you! kyra does sound like the perfect 9th child...i'd imagine having such an easy one is extra important when you have that many and you are so busy! i love that you are training to be a midwife...how long have you been apprenticing??

tabrizia--cute pics!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#550 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:

food for thought.

totally agree! but for the record- I called her out on that last month- said he must be older! I think it's a plan to make our babies look delayed! he really is a marvel! I wonder what your others will be like, Hanno- you'll always be comparing them to Ion- however, maybe you breed superbabies!

cute video-actaully your accent is much milder than my grandparents'- I'm jealous that my kids will not be bilingual. I really wish I was fluent in another language. Would there be any point in sending them to french immersion if we only speak english at home?

I was one of the mama's who actually got some goodmamas last night, only to not get them b/c of the cart crash! waa.

delivering paintings today. woo hoo.

Evangeline has only been getting up once at night. last night it was 5 am. I'm only sad that bed sharing or sidecarring doesn't work as well for us as I would like it too. However, fwiw, she's napping better too, and seems more well rested. and so do i!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#551 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Also your accent makes me miss mtl so much it hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
totally agree! but for the record- I called her out on that last month- said he must be older! I think it's a plan to make our babies look delayed! he really is a marvel! I wonder what your others will be like, Hanno- you'll always be comparing them to Ion- however, maybe you breed superbabies!

cute video-actaully your accent is much milder than my grandparents'- I'm jealous that my kids will not be bilingual. I really wish I was fluent in another language. Would there be any point in sending them to french immersion if we only speak english at home?

I was one of the mama's who actually got some goodmamas last night, only to not get them b/c of the cart crash! waa.

delivering paintings today. woo hoo.

Evangeline has only been getting up once at night. last night it was 5 am. I'm only sad that bed sharing or sidecarring doesn't work as well for us as I would like it too. However, fwiw, she's napping better too, and seems more well rested. and so do i!
A
First of all: what accent?! I didn't even know I had one
And my kids aren't bilingual. Yet. Liam scared us by being a bit delayed in his language skills... I'd totally do the immersion program, that's how my ex learned to speak english even if his family didn't.

I saw your post on DS. Too bad for the GM goodness, but I'm sure you'll get some next time around. I had to bow out cause I have 4 and no paypal funds. So I decided to take a breather. Plus last night my @!!$#@! FL washer freaked again. The thing is just slightly over a year old and I've had it repaired 3 times. Piece of junk. My GM where prisoners stuck inside the broken machine. Dh figured out a way to patch it so it would finish the cycle.

Romi woke like 20 times last night. Because of that I can't imagine getting her out of our bedroom. Maybe, when they're both healthy and in good humor, I'll try and put her to sleep in Liam's room. For now he's super cranky. He cries uncontrollably every 10 minutes because he's coughing, because he "tastes the cold" in his mouth, because the cover is not on his shoulder, because the "noise" is too loud. You get the picture. And he wakes Romi from across the hall, so imagine the horror if they're both in the same room?

Hurray for finished paintings, you must be so relieved!
#552 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:

food for thought.

I agree...Hanno and Ion have been placed in our midst to make us feel unevolved

CUTE video She's a doll...those cheeks!
#553 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 02:03 PM

doudat- my son said Romi makes pretty noises.

Scarlet stood on her own for a moment yesterday. I think she must have seen Ion yestereday and wants to chase after him, he's so cute.
#554 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
doudat- my son said Romi makes pretty noises.

Scarlet stood on her own for a moment yesterday. I think she must have seen Ion yestereday and wants to chase after him, he's so cute.
Aaaah, how cute :

Romi stood unassisted for a few seconds this morning as well!! Ion has inspired the masses here, who knew a video would have such an effect?
#555 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 04:01 PM

I'm missing out because I can't pull up the videos at work! Must do that tonight!

I've been reading along, but it's been busy at work.

My supply took a hit last week, but seems to be coming back.

Keep up all of the pictures! I love them!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#556 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 PM

I have been loving all the videos...I need to figure out how to post some!

Johnny has just learned how to go from laying down to sitting up which is making his life better...he does not enjoy laying down at all.

Oh and Ion is messing with my head - I dreamed last night that Johnny just took off walking everywhere independtly

Are any of your babies only napping with boobie in their mouth? This is driving me crazy!
#557 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Are any of your babies only napping with boobie in their mouth? This is driving me crazy!

He'll delach once he's asleep, but he must nap on me. I can't put him down. He'll sleep at night without me, but naps no way. On the plus side it means more computer time for me, instead of me trying to be good and clean, so I can't complain too much .

Desmond slept okay last night, he did 4 or 5 hours straight, which was nice. He had lots of fun in Gymboree today as well, my biggest problem there is he's almost ready for the 10 month class and he isn't anywhere near 10 months old yet. I may evaluate in January and decide if I'm moving him up early anyways.

His favorite activity now is to push something across the room walking behind it, he's used baskets, a small chair, my desk chair etc. I am thinking I'm going to have a walker before too much longer, which really scares me a bit, since he is growing up so fast.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#558 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 04:51 PM

Ok I have not managed to get any pics of us on here so far...but I think I have it figured out

It's a snapfish album...I think if I just post the link, you guys can look at it?? I think.... I don't know, someone tell me if it works!

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...61/t_=78390861
#559 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 04:59 PM

Ftr, Eva is still in our 'room' (we have an open loft), just not side-carring beside me. And I could not imagine Eva and Axel together!

I do feel relieved, I think I'll break open a bottle of wine tonight!

Um, there was something I was going to say but can't remember now. duh.
pics, soon.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#560 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:

food for thought.

I would agree BUT dd2 Crawled at 5 months and walked at 8months so i believe her! lol

Romi is so cute...and your beet is better then what Caroline ate today....Fast food french fries!! opps lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#561 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_anne78 View Post
Ok I have not managed to get any pics of us on here so far...but I think I have it figured out

It's a snapfish album...I think if I just post the link, you guys can look at it?? I think.... I don't know, someone tell me if it works!

Finally!! Pictures and your family is adorable :
Daddy looks so proud with his little girl!

And is that a Zolo? We're Zolo sisters! I miss summer when I'd just grab my sling and go outside... Now it's hat, scarf, coat, mittens .. :
#562 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_anne78 View Post

to cute!! and your skinny!!!!!

#563 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

Oh nonono baby next time is going to be fat and slow and cuddly!

hurrah for your paintings being done
#564 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 05:44 PM

hi all! i haven't really posted in a few days Caroline is so ready to crawl i think she is getting so mad when she goes backwards instead of fowards! she is also pulling up to her knees i am sure to standing isn't far behind! shes also really vocal today!!! shes been a pain to get to STAY asleep, last few nights and nap times i have had to keep going and nursing her back down sometimes before i get out of the room!! blah she is finally over her cold, and tomorrow is her wbv i got mixed up and thought she would be 6 months at the end of november lol so its her 6 month one and she turned 7 months on tuesday..opps lol Can't wait to see what she weighs

i have some cute pics maybe tonight i will post them

#565 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Aaaah, how cute :

Romi stood unassisted for a few seconds this morning as well!! Ion has inspired the masses here, who knew a video would have such an effect?
:::

We've watched yours several times. Ion just thinks Romi is dreamy.
#566 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 PM

okay, I've been reading along and looking at all the cute pics and videos. I guess I better learn how to upload some video-you guys are setting the bar pretty high!
wildthing, it's so nice to hear from you and Kyra is beautiful!
Now, what is up with all these babies crawling and standing?? Poor Arlo, he thought he was so advanced sitting unassisted for so long now. Little does he know...
Queen I'm glad you got your paintings done. What a relief. And I'm so glad Eva slept for you. I'm getting *this* close to moving Arlo out, but we actually only have one bed (after the move) so i'm stuck!

Do any of you diaper addicts have a favourite type of pf? I have to get some more and i might want to try something different than the cpfs that I have. And I think I'm going to try out a biobottoms wool wrap. I'm currently knitting the woolly wonder wrap, but I think it might be a bit big...
A

#567 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 10:08 PM

#568 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 PM

only 20 more posts to go!!!

#569 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 PM

#570 of 626 Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
awwwww you and your boys are so beautiful!
awww, thank-you! even with my greasy 'stache??

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page