April 2007 babes - November HAS ARRIVED! - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i don't think so...i've done that when i was really sick and kaylo wasn't. is that your schedule all the time?? b/c of work?
Yup, my husband works the night shift. In some ways I like the quiet of living in the night but it gets lonely too.
#602 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Sleep? What's that? THe kids get up too early for me, I always wish I could just spend another hour in bed with no one else in it.
I thought I had the only 7 month old who didn't sleep. We're miserable with the sleeplessness! Last night was the worst yet.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#603 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Yup, my husband works the night shift. In some ways I like the quiet of living in the night but it gets lonely too.
i think that'd be hard for me...but it's nice that you all have the same schedule. i just noticed you live in lansing () i grew up in the grand rapids/holland areas and have fam in lansing.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#604 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i think that'd be hard for me...but it's nice that you all have the same schedule. i just noticed you live in lansing () i grew up in the grand rapids/holland areas and have fam in lansing.
oh cool! If you're ever visiting, I'd love to hang out I'll even wake up in the day for you.
#605 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 09:19 PM

hey you Michiganders, I grew up in **********, Mi, Detroit suburb.

Mom, grandma and bro went to MSU and stepmom is from Grand Rapids! Maybe we can meet up next spring!
#606 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 09:38 PM

I am so extremely behind....I have just managed to finish reading all of the posts, but I am so overwhelmed, I don't even remember anything I just read!! :

to everyone not sleeping! I am not very often, but it is mostly because I am working. Occasionally when I get home at 12:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m., he will wake up to nurse, realize I am there and think it is time to party and catch up. On one hand, I enjoy the smiley baby time, but on the other, I so regret not getting those couple of hours of sleep the next day. I miss him terribly while I am at work, but I think that I am becoming a better mommy because of it....I can hope at least. There seems to be more smiley times, but I don't know if it is because he is getting older, or if it is because we are enjoying the time we have together more because there is less of it.

You can count us in on the mobility crowd...Micah has been inchworming around for a couple of months. I have been surprised at the lack of progression in his crawling -- it has become faster, but the style hasn't changed much. I looks similar to what a person might do while swimming the butterfly-stroke. About three weeks ago, he floored me when he began standing up. He has taken a few spills, but he is getting better at the getting down part. Are we supposed to get them down? Or, just let them figure it out? For those with wobbly standers (if there are any -- hanno's little one makes Micah look developmentally challenged), do you have things the can climb on that are safer? I don't really have any baby-friendly pull up things, but I don't know what to get either.

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#607 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 09:42 PM

Oh, yeah....kewpie -- how have you been dealing with the "I am almost asleep and my gums hurt so I am going to bite you, but I won't stay asleep with out your nipple in my mouth" baby. You mentioned a couple of times in your posts that Scout was doing that, and Micah has been doing the same. But, I have no clue what to do about it!! If you or anyone else have any advice about this, I would love to hear.

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#608 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hoping to go to bed in a min, but checking in here! My day at work wasn't so bad - my kids (7th graders) got to watch videos, learn to use an exercise ball for sitting, and have free time - its an alternative school, so lots of behavior and adhd so I'm hoping that 2 exercise balls rotating as chairs will help them focus.

Being exhausted is weird for me - I can easily stay up 36 hours and function, but chronic sleep deprevation gets to me: DD1 slept fine from the beginning, so this is a new experience. I'm not liking it.

Off to bed! Wish me luck!:
#609 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 11:28 PM

Hey dudes
Quote:
Ion seems to be feeling quite a bit better today, but now I have the sniffles. He decided to wake up to full wildness at 8am even though we go to bed at 5am : There was no way Kamrin and I were going to survive on 3 hours of sleep so we grabbed our pillows and slept on the playroom floor while he wore himself out in a safe place. Eventually he crawled in between us and slept until 2pm. My back is killing me but at least we slept. Is it terribly irresponsible to do this?
I don't think so! You do what you gotta do- sometimes I'm totally irresponsible and put the tv on for axel and snuggle in bed with him to catch up (yes, we have a tv in our bedroom):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
{{{hugs}}}

I gained 63 lbs when I was pregnant : and I still have a lot of that to lose. I was up to 238 when I delivered her, got down to 217 very quickly....then somehow shot back up to 238!!! : I've been on Weight Watchers for 6 weeks and I'm down to 226. I want to get down to 150 or 145. Gosh, that seems soooooo far away!
but you look great in your pics!
I don't own a scale either but I can tell that my clothes are loose on me from before I was pregnant. It's so ridiculous that I go up and down with nursing and pregnancy. (ok, not ridiculous in a normal sense, but to me, I stay within 5 lbs or so since I was about 16). I'm so sick of having nothing to wear! My little tummy is just about gone. Some people nursing seems to really make them lose weight, others, not so much. I wonder why?

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#610 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Oh, yeah....kewpie -- how have you been dealing with the "I am almost asleep and my gums hurt so I am going to bite you, but I won't stay asleep with out your nipple in my mouth" baby. You mentioned a couple of times in your posts that Scout was doing that, and Micah has been doing the same. But, I have no clue what to do about it!! If you or anyone else have any advice about this, I would love to hear.
I wish I knew what to tell you, but she did it for like a week and then just STOPPED. (I shouldn't jinx myself, though - I think it's only been a few days days since she last bit me) :

Hi jenger! nice to have you back! kwym about being paranoid about baby picking stuff up and choking on it. I keep our floors *relatively* clear of debris, but once in a while a stray screw from one of the computers that DH is constantly taking apart will find its way to the floor or I will see a fruit sticker or sliver of packing tape on the carpet. Freaks me out.

Scout army-crawls pretty fast now. Not regular crawl - just on her belly. And she lifts her butt up in the air really high and does a sort of inch-worm thing. She is pulling herself up and standing on her knees, but not all the way up on her feet yet. But I think it's coming soon. :
#611 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
Being exhausted is weird for me - I can easily stay up 36 hours and function, but chronic sleep deprevation gets to me: DD1 slept fine from the beginning, so this is a new experience. I'm not liking it.

Off to bed! Wish me luck!:
Oh, have a good night mama, hope you catch up!! I can't imagine working!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#612 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 PM

Here's some new pics of Pippa:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pa/novpip1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pa/novpip2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pa/novpip3.jpg

She's teething so badly right now. She has slept awfully for the last two nights and today has only taken cat naps -- but I have to lay in bed with her for an hour to get a 20 minute nap out of her. And she's still awake now, which is not good. Except maybe she will sleep tonight...fingers crossed!
#613 of 626 Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama View Post

She's teething so badly right now. She has slept awfully for the last two nights and today has only taken cat naps -- but I have to lay in bed with her for an hour to get a 20 minute nap out of her. And she's still awake now, which is not good. Except maybe she will sleep tonight...fingers crossed!
Oh, she's beautiful and so sweet !! Hope you have a good night too!
A

#614 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 AM

Pippa's so cute!! She has a very sweet smile.

So dh and ds are in the bedroom having their play time and I put Scarlet down to crawl around, and she crawls right to the bedroom to see them. I love it. And I love to listen to dh and ds talk. Then Max has to come out and tell me everything he says to daddy. Ahh, hanno, this is one of those moments, too.

Off to look for an eggnog recipe, mmm.
#615 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 12:56 AM

Here's a few pics of my sweet butterball!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...ovember205.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...ovember211.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...ovember009.jpg
the last one are her new(er) wcw longies that I just 'love', they're called 'sunrise' and they remind me of when she was born!
and of course, goes w/o saying, the middle one is a goodmama
A

#616 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 01:04 AM

great photos, queen! sak...
#617 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 01:04 AM

Wow! I just love those yummy legs!
#618 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 01:18 AM

Quote:

My goodness, Pippa's adorable! I hope her teeth feel better soon.
#619 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Here's a few pics of my sweet butterball!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...ovember205.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...ovember211.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...ovember009.jpg
the last one are her new(er) wcw longies that I just 'love', they're called 'sunrise' and they remind me of when she was born!
and of course, goes w/o saying, the middle one is a goodmama
A
I love every little roll...that nose in profile is so kissable!
#620 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:
My goodness, Pippa's adorable! I hope her teeth feel better soon.
Thanks, Hanno! She's getting her two bottom ones at the same time. A mom at swimming the other day told me that her friend's baby got seven teeth all at the same time and died from the pain. Isn't that the loopiest thing you ever heard?!
#621 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Hanno! She's getting her two bottom ones at the same time. A mom at swimming the other day told me that her friend's baby got seven teeth all at the same time and died from the pain. Isn't that the loopiest thing you ever heard?!
Was she serious!? I know it hurts a lot because Ion cries way more about teeth that he did about the severe burns on his hand.
#622 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Was she serious!? I know it hurts a lot because Ion cries way more about teeth that he did about the severe burns on his hand.
She really was serious. She is a real exaggerator, so I don't know how much truth is in that. Having said that, DH once tattooed a pediatric nurse who said that if adults went through teething pain, we wouldn't be able to handle it.
#623 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 02:41 AM

That whole death-by-teething thing got me curious, so I googled "die teething pain" and found a site with this excerpt:

"John Hunter and Joseph Hurlock both wrote works on teeth. In 1742, Hurlock wrote his treatise Upon Dentition. He was convinced that many more children died from teething than was generally believed. In his view, many of the deaths from convulsions were also a result of teething. Both Hunter and Hurlock tried to encourage the lancing of gums to prevent these deaths. Hunter 'would lance a baby's gums up to ten times'. Hurlock advocated gum lancing for every childhood disease or ailment, irrespective of whether the tooth was evident. There do not appear to be any records of problems caused by lancing. John Hunter's view was that lancing was never attended by dangerous consequences.

Marshall Hall, (1790-1857) a physician, stated that he 'would rather lance a child's gums 199 times unnecessarily than omit it once if necessary' and instructed his students to do it, before, during and after the teeth appeared, sometimes twice a day.

By 1839, 5016 deaths in England and Wales were attributed to teething. The English Registrar-General report on teething of 1842 discussed infant mortality: 4.8% of all infants who died in London under the age of 1, 7.3% of those between the ages of 1 and 3 and 12% of all deaths under four years were directly attributed to teething."

How weird. People had some crazy ideas back then!
#624 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 02:43 AM

forgot to add the link to the blog where I got that quote:

It's only teething... A report of the myths and modern approaches to teething"
#625 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 03:05 AM

Just started a December thread. Come on over!
#626 of 626 Old 12-01-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
hey you Michiganders, I grew up in **********, Mi, Detroit suburb.

Mom, grandma and bro went to MSU and stepmom is from Grand Rapids! Maybe we can meet up next spring!
cool! my sis lives in detroit and my bro in ann arbor. there must be some way/time we could meet up!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page