April 2007 babes - November HAS ARRIVED! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-06-2007, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BIG news-Noah rolled over on Sunday!

He gets really intense and chomps on me if I don't pop him off first. He works up to it by tensing his whole body and grabbing my sweater and grunting. I did the smoosh the face thing w ds1-as a babe and it worked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 02:49 AM

No biting here yet, but pulling hard while unlatching, so when Romea is done ddrinking, she just moves on and pulls my nipple with it hardcore, ugh!! I feel it's been strtched about 5 inches sometimes

Another thing she is doing is scratch me while nursing, constantly clenching her fist on my skin, thereby scratching over and over again. And the she starts to caress me too, I guess that would be my favorite part.

She is on organic formula too and today I ran out of that stuff. So we drove all over town to find it, but I think the manufacturer has a backorder or other problem, there is no Earth's Best dairy formula anywhere, only soy.
So I got a bunch of things together to make my own baby formula, hopefully tomorrow I can get the rest and try it out. I'm just really afraid of allergic reactions as we had with dd1.

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
Old 11-06-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenie View Post
So he didn't want to nurse when I offered it again. I don't want to discourage nursing... just harming my nipples. Sigh.
Usually I get bites when she's done eating and just playing... After she bites, I take away the boob and sometimes give her a toy (to check to see what she's actually interested in). After a couple of seconds, when I offer the boob again she's usually not interested.
I don't think stopping biting discourages nursing (unless you're really angry or have a really sensitive baby, maybe) -- I think, from their perspective, practically everything for 6+ months has to do with milk. Now that they are starting to learn, play, grab, explore, etc. we just have to teach them that their two favorite activities need to be separate sometimes. For our dear nipples' sakes!

One other thing: I have one "personal grievance" about some nursing advocates: Ya know how some people say "You can't feel their teeth when they are really nursing, you can't get bites." There is at least one situation where that's a lie... Tongue-tied babies. We've know she was tongue-tied since she was born, and most of the time her tongue barely reaches to cover her gums. I now know that she CAN also nurse with her tongue pulled back revealing her teeth. TRUST ME! I have red marks to prove it
I'm not really peeved tho, I would rather have advocates "white lie" to women who are on the fence about nursing than tell them the truth and scare them away. I'm bad! in a good way!
Anyway, yeast infection in the breast/on the nipples hurt me WAY worse that biting. Count your blessings if you don't have that experience.

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Old 11-06-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I think it's the age... Romi has taken to taking handful of my boobs and pinching them. Painful. And I can tell she gets really short-fused with nursing. no more nak'ing for me. I need to be completely concentrated on her. And no talking!
Sophie can be like that too! Anything will distract her! So annoying, especially if I'm a bit full.

Hello! If you turn your head to gawk at your sister you get milk shot straight into your ear!!!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:18 AM

Good morning girls!
I * think * we slept better last night- maybe not up until 4??? I can't seem to remember, so that's a good thing!

I haven't had any problems with biting, although I remember Axel doing it once or twice, again, while he was playing. I just reacted and took him off. She's a horrible scratcher though, and grabbing little fists of my boob- so I started wearing a necklace, any elaborate beaded necklace and that helps. Or, I'll grab her hand and play with it, which leaves me scratch free. She sure tries to look around too, and repeatedly pops off, but luckily she unlatches and just hangs upside down for a bit. However, it leaves me very exposed!

Glad to see you made it MM! Sounds like it wasn't fun, but I bet you're so happy to be there! I was actually wondering how often other people were still babywearing, we're not as much, just when we go out and stuff.

I found a secret for dealing with Axel. I was starting to have a lot of trouble with him- he was getting defiant, unruly and over-the-top. I was getting very frusterated, and not happy with how I was parenting. I realized he wasnt' getting as much attention- so I stopped bringing the comp to the breakfast table, just one thing, and guess what? That first day, all day, I had a sweet, compliant, happy energetic little boy! I wish it were always that easy!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post

Hello! If you turn your head to gawk at your sister you get milk shot straight into your ear!!!
So true!!

I wanted to comment on the dh things too- I think Kewpie-o was saying she came home to a diaperless baby because her dh couldn't figure the pockets out. That would sooo be my Chad! I swear- sometimes! But I just let it go- it's not worth it to me. He was a lot better diapering Axel, actually, maybe he felt he had to prove something.
And doudat with her hubby's job- that sounds familiar. Sometimes dh doesn't have the patience I do, especially if he's stressed or tired from work. (although your dh's job sounds cool). Chad is a conctracter, and goes 100% all day long. He gets frusterated easily too. I notice when Axel is bad, he's more aggressive/threatening than I am, like the way his dad probably was, with warnings and 'told you so's' and 'serves you right'. It's not that he's a bad parent, and I don't want to always step in, but I find the way I deal with Axel is usually very effective. I don't know, model what works? Or let him deal the way he does, as long as it's not harmful of course(which it's not, dh is an excellent dad). But he puts himself in the authoratarian position, or opposing Axel rather than working with him. I suppose lots of kids have parents that parent differently.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 11-06-2007, 01:12 PM

um, wow. i don't even know where to start! you were all busy this weekend! so we're we we packed in as much as nyc as we could for two days and it was a lot! so easy to do though---very walkable! zenon was great and we got some great shots of him around the city which i will eventually put on my blog.

anyway--have to go help dh right now but wanted to say hi.

it's nice to see you back, montanamom!
and you too, monkeyprincess (oh and adorable pictures of katey!)!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 11-06-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
I'm a little late on Halloween photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/littlere...92113308846370

http://picasaweb.google.com/littlere...92117603813682

Have more of her standing and crawling, but hubby has the camera. She crawled outside yesterday, then fell off the step (short one) right after I told her to come inside, already not listening to mama!
cute pics!

you are crzy turbo! if dh and ds1 are gone for the day, i'd prefer to sit and knit

Old 11-06-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Toys and slobber- actually I don't mind toy sharing at all, unless the other kid is sick or weird looking. (just kidding- that was a dumb no-sleep joke)
you know you mean that! just kidding

i let my kids share toys unless kids are obviously sick. kaylo is in a group music class and zenon always chews on the instruments...but i can tell by the looks we get that not all the other mamas like the idea of sharing toys.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
So true!!

I wanted to comment on the dh things too- I think Kewpie-o was saying she came home to a diaperless baby because her dh couldn't figure the pockets out. That would sooo be my Chad! I swear- sometimes! But I just let it go- it's not worth it to me. He was a lot better diapering Axel, actually, maybe he felt he had to prove something.
And doudat with her hubby's job- that sounds familiar. Sometimes dh doesn't have the patience I do, especially if he's stressed or tired from work. (although your dh's job sounds cool). Chad is a conctracter, and goes 100% all day long. He gets frusterated easily too. I notice when Axel is bad, he's more aggressive/threatening than I am, like the way his dad probably was, with warnings and 'told you so's' and 'serves you right'. It's not that he's a bad parent, and I don't want to always step in, but I find the way I deal with Axel is usually very effective. I don't know, model what works? Or let him deal the way he does, as long as it's not harmful of course(which it's not, dh is an excellent dad). But he puts himself in the authoratarian position, or opposing Axel rather than working with him. I suppose lots of kids have parents that parent differently.
A
Dads definitely parent differently. In fact, my ds told dh how much easier it is to get things from him (treats, toys) than from mommy. But I love to see dh and dh together, and I just let them do their thing, unless Max seems to be getting out of hand and dh will ask me to step in - like when Max isn't listening at all.

On other topics, Scarlet has bitten a couple of times and I usually let out a big "ouch", which startles her and then I just put her down - she's done and playing at that point. And what a grip that girl has, pinches like crazy and yanks on my hair. Oh well, she's a strong one and that's fine by me.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:22 PM

oh i forgot to say--i have a little mommy-crush on someone i met on train ride home. she was an adorable mom and i could tell she was ap the minute i saw her. sure enough, she was that and more. we were chatting about vaginal mucous 20 minutes after we met : (my dh thinks i'm wacko) it was a lovely connection though--too bad she wasn't headed where i was. but anyway--i don't meet neat moms that i can connect so well with everyday.

i'm getting hollered at by dh--gotta go.

i'll try and catch up soon!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:25 PM

So last night I went to bed pretty early (9:30ish) because G has been getting up at 5:45 for the day. She woke me up and I tried to feed her and get her back to sleep, but she was acting like it was time to get up (laughing, cooing, rolling around). I felt like dog-poo but figured...well, I'm just always tired, must be time to haul my butt out of bed.

Take her in for dipe change, and it's barely wet....I'm thinking...this is SO weird....normally she SOAKS it by morning. Look at the clock. Yep. It's midnight. And I was fully prepared to start the day. : No wonder I felt like crap. Then I had about an hour's worth of calming and relaxing to do b/c G was pretty pumped after the dipe change and thinking it was playtime.

Gotta go address the dipe laundry while G is still napping.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM

just subbing. I'll catch up later.

I stayed up 2 day/nights straight doing school work. I finished the project. Now its time to do another : Anyway, lilmama83 asked what i was majoring in - well, it may sound like an easy major but it's one of the more stressful ones (at least we (we being classmates & myself) think so) - Interior Design. I'll post pics of the project when I get it back so you can see but ... i can't put into words the time and effort it takes to do. It looks like it would be easy but it is soooooooo time consuming.

Ash is almost sitting...

ok, i gotta run again. I got a dental appt and Elijah is having his hearing tested. I will get back and do personals later...if i can keep up
Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM

I'm still cleaning my kitchen from the other day, and we've got 6 more buckets of apples! :

hbak, oh yeah, about babywearing at home, i stll do it. helps me get things done and scarlet usually smiles when she sees me putting the sling or mei tai on.

now, nak...

Had a funny episode in the grocery store yesterday. It was very crowded and the old ladies like to talk to and sometimes touch Scarlet. Max shouts "no!", so then they turn their attention to him, which he does not like either. Later he tells me, "I don't want strangers touching me or baby." I agree! What a good protective brother.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:34 PM

you all are talkative! I spent my pumpimg time reading. Will be back later to comment.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:40 PM

Lately, Scout thinks that 3 AM is a good time to play. : I woke up to her pinching my nose and getting up on all fours while rocking back and forth and smiling at me. It's all very cute, but not at 3 AM. I'm pretty sure it's because I did not move to my own bed after I nursed her to back to sleep at midnight. I guess I was lazy and just felt like snuggling, but I should know better by now that my presence seems to make her feel like it's okay to stay up all night. :

I thought since we were up playing from 3 to 4:30 that she might want to sleep in a little later. Nope.

krismarie - that's funny about your mommy crush. I recently had one too - she ended up inviting me over for lunch and we have hung out a couple times since then. She's really nice and I enjoy her company a lot. She's got a brick 'n' mortar cloth dipe business, works part time at a hip little espresso bar, and is pretty active in all the natural parenting group/ LLL stuff in the area. She's my "coolest" friend. (Well, aside from YOU LADIES! )

queenofmycastle & maxismom - My DH has a short fuse w/ DD sometimes too. Not like mean or rude, but just impatient like you said. I know it sounds way old fashioned and backwards to say this, but I think that we women are just hard-wired to be the nurturers and men are (in general) pretty crappy at it. How's that for a broad sweeping generalization? :

Well, he's installing our new diaper sprayer right now as I type this, so I guess I shouldn't be so hard on him.

I can hardly get anything at all when I pump and it's making me mad! I had a decent freezer stash and no need for it, so it all expired and then I got lazy about pumping and I just can't get near as much as I used to. I like to add breastmilk to Scout's baby oatmeal and at least have enough for one bottle a week for DH to give her when I'm at my weight watchers meeting. I am struggling just to get that!! :
Old 11-06-2007, 03:03 PM

Desmond is doing the pop off the nipple thing at the moment, he hasn't bitten yet, thank goodness, but he loves popping off, which hurts. It is always because he is distracted by something, and it even happens when no one is around, sigh.

He is starting to recognize his baby signs now, he definitely knows eat and milk, though he isn't using them himself yet. Hopefully he'll pick up some more soon, though to be fair eat and milk are the most often used ones.

Our plane trip last night went well, I nursed him for take off and landing and he slept the whole trip, which worked out nicely, we are using disposable diapers right now and they kind of scare me. I just don't like them, but I figured with Georgia's drought, I could use them during the day, I brought his night diapers with me so at least he has a fluffy bum at night. His butt is so flat in them, that his pants keep falling down, it is really strange looking after being used to the fluff butt. Our Mei Tei also worked wonderfully while flying, I wore him to the gate and then let him out to play since we were there almost 2 hours early, and then I wore him through Atlanta's airport, which was extremely useful, I won't have wanted to deal with a stroller there. Over all our trip here worked out nicely. I do have to say a queen bed seems really small after a King, even with just me and DS in it and no DH, it will seem even smaller when he gets here this weekend.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 11-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Tabrizia - I'm glad flying w/ babe went well! That is encouraging because we will probably be flying to my parents' house for Christmas. Hooray for babywearing!

kwym about using sposies. I have gotten really used to Scout's big butt so disposables look weird. I'm thinking that my mom may not be on board with letting me do diaper laundry in her washer (I may be wrong about that, I dunno) so I may be doing sposies at christmas. Plus, we will probably need all the suit case space we can get since we will be trying to bring home all our Christmas presents!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM

Hey - I just realized that I know you and your adorable little boy from The Pin. Duh! I just looked at his pic and thought...Desmond...why does he look familiar??? (I'm teewa on The Pin)
Old 11-06-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Hey - I just realized that I know you and your adorable little boy from The Pin. Duh! I just looked at his pic and thought...Desmond...why does he look familiar??? (I'm teewa on The Pin)

Hi teewa, I recognize that name .

I am really glad that Desmond is a good traveller, yesterday was his 5th plane ride and we have 3 more to take this month (one back home and then round trip back here and home for Thanksgiving). He does well on the plane which is so nice. I am lucky in that my Mom doesn't mind me using her washer for diaper laundry, since she use to cloth diaper me and one of my sisters and did the laundry for us, though back then her routine involved a lot of bleach.

Not sure what we'll do for Thanksgiving, though we may go with cloth again, I hope, since we hold that at the lake house, which is not on Lake Lanier water's system so the drought hasn't affected that area as much. May do disposables again too, since we'll need the suitcase space for gifts to, we exchange Hanukkah gifts at Thanksgiving since we know everyone will be there.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 11-06-2007, 07:59 PM

He keeps falling on his head!! I don''t know what he is trying to do but he keeps getting up on all fours (meaning his feet and hands) straightening his legs and lunging face first onto the floor!!!! This is the first day he's done this...I have no idea what he is trying to accomplish - but I am sure he is not purposly landing on his little forehead! Do you think I should stop him? He's out with DH right now (aparently still up to it according to what DH said on the phone). This morning I stopped him sometimes and let him do it sometimes...I don't want him to get hurt but I do want him to experiment and explore...OH he also grabbed and tried to pull up on a dangling electrical cord today (this was not at our house) - I think my ideas of plopping my cute little blob on the floor and going on with whatever I am doing might be reaching on end... do you even bother telling a 6mo "no" or trying to "explain" that something is dangerous? Yikes-- I'm off to put the outlet covers in...
Old 11-06-2007, 11:57 PM

S was just pounding two toys together! I'm so excited to see her patty cake soon!

Old 11-07-2007, 03:41 AM

G went to bed at like 6 pm tonight. Slept off and on until about 10 mins ago. She's rolling around on the floor like a lunatic right now.....I really hope she wears out soon. I want to go back to bed :
Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 PM

just a quick note-- new pictures of kids and our mini-trip on my blog-- beesbeetsandbabies/blogspot.com

Old 11-07-2007, 04:47 PM

Sigh I feel like a bad Mommy, DS just fell off the bed. I was getting a new diaper ready for him and watching him, but he reached for something on the nightstand and tumbled off the bed just as grabbed for him. Sigh, on the plus side the bed is much lower to the ground then ours at home, and he just seemed startled more then anything else, since he is playing happily now. Poor baby .

Old 11-07-2007, 05:01 PM

Oh poor Desmond!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:08 PM

Awww, poor guy! Don't feel bad, though...I think we have all done it at one time or another.

I am, as I write this, having a walk-away-before-I-get-too-frustrated moment. Hannah has been fussing and fussing today. Why is it that when they need us the most is the most frustrating for us?? She must be going through something, but I just can't do it for the next few minutes. I have checked everything, changed, nursed, teething tablets, let her play by herself, etc. etc., and nothing is working. *sigh* I really think she's teething. I hope this gets over with soon.

Oh, btw...she is laying in her crib (we put the side on it because I was getting beat up at night, and she started rolling off the bed) and just talking right now. She'll fuss for a second, and then start playing with her toes or something. Oh, to be in her cute little head!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM

My parents gave me an Ergo today for my birthday/Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I washed dishes and made dinner and Johnny didn't cry!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
My parents gave me an Ergo today for my birthday/Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I washed dishes and made dinner and Johnny didn't cry!!!

omg yay!!! you will LOVE it!! (forget what i said about becos today lol, i still love my ergo!)

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 AM

bump!! seconded page and i am the last one to post?? where is everyone!!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3

User Tag List