Mothering Forum banner

April 2007 babes - November HAS ARRIVED!

15K views 625 replies 39 participants last post by  4lilfarmers 
#1 ·
I get to start! The one compensation for getting up at the crack of dawn (well, before - 5 am). And this is late compared to last year!

Any other working Moms just SICK of working? We need the $ that I earn beyond the kids daycare, but I am hating it. Plus, Abby has to have 1 bottle of formula a day at daycare because I have tried everything and nothing is bringing my supply up. Any ideas to save me from working hell?

Abby is about ready to really crawl!

Happy November!!!

See less See more
#129 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Toys and slobber- actually I don't mind toy sharing at all, unless the other kid is sick or weird looking. (just kidding- that was a dumb no-sleep joke)
you know you mean that!
just kidding

i let my kids share toys unless kids are obviously sick. kaylo is in a group music class and zenon always chews on the instruments...but i can tell by the looks we get that not all the other mamas like the idea of sharing toys.

#130 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
So true!!

I wanted to comment on the dh things too- I think Kewpie-o was saying she came home to a diaperless baby because her dh couldn't figure the pockets out. That would sooo be my Chad! I swear- sometimes!
But I just let it go- it's not worth it to me. He was a lot better diapering Axel, actually, maybe he felt he had to prove something.
And doudat with her hubby's job- that sounds familiar. Sometimes dh doesn't have the patience I do, especially if he's stressed or tired from work. (although your dh's job sounds cool). Chad is a conctracter, and goes 100% all day long. He gets frusterated easily too. I notice when Axel is bad, he's more aggressive/threatening than I am, like the way his dad probably was, with warnings and 'told you so's' and 'serves you right'. It's not that he's a bad parent, and I don't want to always step in, but I find the way I deal with Axel is usually very effective. I don't know, model what works? Or let him deal the way he does, as long as it's not harmful of course(which it's not, dh is an excellent dad). But he puts himself in the authoratarian position, or opposing Axel rather than working with him. I suppose lots of kids have parents that parent differently.
A
Dads definitely parent differently. In fact, my ds told dh how much easier it is to get things from him (treats, toys) than from mommy.
But I love to see dh and dh together, and I just let them do their thing, unless Max seems to be getting out of hand and dh will ask me to step in - like when Max isn't listening at all.

On other topics, Scarlet has bitten a couple of times and I usually let out a big "ouch", which startles her and then I just put her down - she's done and playing at that point. And what a grip that girl has, pinches like crazy and yanks on my hair. Oh well, she's a strong one and that's fine by me.

#131 ·
oh i forgot to say--i have a little mommy-crush on someone i met on train ride home. she was an adorable mom and i could tell she was ap the minute i saw her. sure enough, she was that and more. we were chatting about vaginal mucous 20 minutes after we met
: (my dh thinks i'm wacko)
it was a lovely connection though--too bad she wasn't headed where i was. but anyway--i don't meet neat moms that i can connect so well with everyday.

i'm getting hollered at by dh--gotta go.

i'll try and catch up soon!

#132 ·
So last night I went to bed pretty early (9:30ish) because G has been getting up at 5:45 for the day. She woke me up and I tried to feed her and get her back to sleep, but she was acting like it was time to get up (laughing, cooing, rolling around). I felt like dog-poo but figured...well, I'm just always tired, must be time to haul my butt out of bed.

Take her in for dipe change, and it's barely wet....I'm thinking...this is SO weird....normally she SOAKS it by morning. Look at the clock. Yep. It's midnight. And I was fully prepared to start the day.
: No wonder I felt like crap. Then I had about an hour's worth of calming and relaxing to do b/c G was pretty pumped after the dipe change and thinking it was playtime.

Gotta go address the dipe laundry while G is still napping.

#133 ·
just subbing. I'll catch up later.

I stayed up 2 day/nights straight doing school work. I finished the project. Now its time to do another
: Anyway, lilmama83 asked what i was majoring in - well, it may sound like an easy major but it's one of the more stressful ones (at least we (we being classmates & myself) think so) - Interior Design. I'll post pics of the project when I get it back so you can see but ... i can't put into words the time and effort it takes to do. It looks like it would be easy but it is soooooooo time consuming.

Ash is almost sitting...

ok, i gotta run again. I got a dental appt and Elijah is having his hearing tested. I will get back and do personals later...if i can keep up

#134 ·
I'm still cleaning my kitchen from the other day, and we've got 6 more buckets of apples!
:

hbak, oh yeah, about babywearing at home, i stll do it. helps me get things done and scarlet usually smiles when she sees me putting the sling or mei tai on.

now, nak...

Had a funny episode in the grocery store yesterday. It was very crowded and the old ladies like to talk to and sometimes touch Scarlet. Max shouts "no!", so then they turn their attention to him, which he does not like either. Later he tells me, "I don't want strangers touching me or baby." I agree! What a good protective brother.

#136 ·
Lately, Scout thinks that 3 AM is a good time to play.
: I woke up to her pinching my nose and getting up on all fours while rocking back and forth and smiling at me. It's all very cute, but not at 3 AM. I'm pretty sure it's because I did not move to my own bed after I nursed her to back to sleep at midnight. I guess I was lazy and just felt like snuggling, but I should know better by now that my presence seems to make her feel like it's okay to stay up all night.
:

I thought since we were up playing from 3 to 4:30 that she might want to sleep in a little later. Nope.

krismarie - that's funny about your mommy crush. I recently had one too - she ended up inviting me over for lunch and we have hung out a couple times since then. She's really nice and I enjoy her company a lot. She's got a brick 'n' mortar cloth dipe business, works part time at a hip little espresso bar, and is pretty active in all the natural parenting group/ LLL stuff in the area. She's my "coolest" friend. (Well, aside from YOU LADIES!
)

queenofmycastle & maxismom - My DH has a short fuse w/ DD sometimes too. Not like mean or rude, but just impatient like you said. I know it sounds way old fashioned and backwards to say this, but I think that we women are just hard-wired to be the nurturers and men are (in general) pretty crappy at it. How's that for a broad sweeping generalization?
:

Well, he's installing our new diaper sprayer right now as I type this, so I guess I shouldn't be so hard on him.

I can hardly get anything at all when I pump and it's making me mad! I had a decent freezer stash and no need for it, so it all expired and then I got lazy about pumping and I just can't get near as much as I used to. I like to add breastmilk to Scout's baby oatmeal and at least have enough for one bottle a week for DH to give her when I'm at my weight watchers meeting. I am struggling just to get that!!
:

#137 ·
Desmond is doing the pop off the nipple thing at the moment, he hasn't bitten yet, thank goodness, but he loves popping off, which hurts. It is always because he is distracted by something, and it even happens when no one is around, sigh.

He is starting to recognize his baby signs now, he definitely knows eat and milk, though he isn't using them himself yet. Hopefully he'll pick up some more soon, though to be fair eat and milk are the most often used ones.

Our plane trip last night went well, I nursed him for take off and landing and he slept the whole trip, which worked out nicely, we are using disposable diapers right now and they kind of scare me. I just don't like them, but I figured with Georgia's drought, I could use them during the day, I brought his night diapers with me so at least he has a fluffy bum at night. His butt is so flat in them, that his pants keep falling down, it is really strange looking after being used to the fluff butt. Our Mei Tei also worked wonderfully while flying, I wore him to the gate and then let him out to play since we were there almost 2 hours early, and then I wore him through Atlanta's airport, which was extremely useful, I won't have wanted to deal with a stroller there. Over all our trip here worked out nicely. I do have to say a queen bed seems really small after a King, even with just me and DS in it and no DH, it will seem even smaller when he gets here this weekend.

#138 ·
Tabrizia - I'm glad flying w/ babe went well! That is encouraging because we will probably be flying to my parents' house for Christmas. Hooray for babywearing!

kwym about using sposies. I have gotten really used to Scout's big butt
so disposables look weird. I'm thinking that my mom may not be on board with letting me do diaper laundry in her washer (I may be wrong about that, I dunno) so I may be doing sposies at christmas. Plus, we will probably need all the suit case space we can get since we will be trying to bring home all our Christmas presents!

#140 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Hey - I just realized that I know you and your adorable little boy from The Pin. Duh! I just looked at his pic and thought...Desmond...why does he look familiar???
(I'm teewa on The Pin)

Hi teewa, I recognize that name

I am really glad that Desmond is a good traveller, yesterday was his 5th plane ride and we have 3 more to take this month (one back home and then round trip back here and home for Thanksgiving). He does well on the plane which is so nice. I am lucky in that my Mom doesn't mind me using her washer for diaper laundry, since she use to cloth diaper me and one of my sisters and did the laundry for us, though back then her routine involved a lot of bleach.

Not sure what we'll do for Thanksgiving, though we may go with cloth again, I hope, since we hold that at the lake house, which is not on Lake Lanier water's system so the drought hasn't affected that area as much. May do disposables again too, since we'll need the suitcase space for gifts to, we exchange Hanukkah gifts at Thanksgiving since we know everyone will be there.

#141 ·
He keeps falling on his head!! I don''t know what he is trying to do but he keeps getting up on all fours (meaning his feet and hands) straightening his legs and lunging face first onto the floor!!!! This is the first day he's done this...I have no idea what he is trying to accomplish - but I am sure he is not purposly landing on his little forehead! Do you think I should stop him? He's out with DH right now (aparently still up to it according to what DH said on the phone). This morning I stopped him sometimes and let him do it sometimes...I don't want him to get hurt but I do want him to experiment and explore...OH he also grabbed and tried to pull up on a dangling electrical cord today (this was not at our house) - I think my ideas of plopping my cute little blob on the floor and going on with whatever I am doing might be reaching on end... do you even bother telling a 6mo "no" or trying to "explain" that something is dangerous? Yikes-- I'm off to put the outlet covers in...

#145 ·
Sigh I feel like a bad Mommy, DS just fell off the bed. I was getting a new diaper ready for him and watching him, but he reached for something on the nightstand and tumbled off the bed just as grabbed for him. Sigh, on the plus side the bed is much lower to the ground then ours at home, and he just seemed startled more then anything else, since he is playing happily now. Poor baby

#147 ·
Awww, poor guy! Don't feel bad, though...I think we have all done it at one time or another.

I am, as I write this, having a walk-away-before-I-get-too-frustrated moment. Hannah has been fussing and fussing today. Why is it that when they need us the most is the most frustrating for us?? She must be going through something, but I just can't do it for the next few minutes. I have checked everything, changed, nursed, teething tablets, let her play by herself, etc. etc., and nothing is working. *sigh* I really think she's teething. I hope this gets over with soon.

Oh, btw...she is laying in her crib (we put the side on it because I was getting beat up at night, and she started rolling off the bed) and just talking right now. She'll fuss for a second, and then start playing with her toes or something. Oh, to be in her cute little head!

#149 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
My parents gave me an Ergo today for my birthday/Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I washed dishes and made dinner and Johnny didn't cry!!!

omg yay!!! you will LOVE it!! (forget what i said about becos today lol, i still love my ergo!)

#151 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
bump!! seconded page and i am the last one to post?? where is everyone!!!!
lol just hangin around here. Not much new going on...G has her 6 month WBV on friday....I am quite interested to see how much she weighs. I am guessing she's closing in on 20 lbs. I told her the other day she's going to have to start walking soon....she's getting heavy. DH helpfully pointed out that once G grows about 3 more inches, she'll be half my height. FANtastic
I can just see her, at age 12, towering over me, and saying, "I don't have to listen to you...I'm bigger!"

#152 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
bump!! seconded page

hmm don't know how to spell i guess lol seconded?? where did i get that from?!

queen_anne78- thats the only thing i like about wbv is weighing them! lol
i made a mistake and made Carolines 6 month check up for end of November because i can't count lol i am guessing 17-18 lbs my babies start to thin out a lot after 6 months, they are chunky things till then then get so skinny! my 9 1/2 year old is only 55 lbs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.