Mothering Forum banner

April 2007 babes - November HAS ARRIVED!

15K views 625 replies 39 participants last post by  4lilfarmers 
#1 ·
I get to start! The one compensation for getting up at the crack of dawn (well, before - 5 am). And this is late compared to last year!

Any other working Moms just SICK of working? We need the $ that I earn beyond the kids daycare, but I am hating it. Plus, Abby has to have 1 bottle of formula a day at daycare because I have tried everything and nothing is bringing my supply up. Any ideas to save me from working hell?

Abby is about ready to really crawl!

Happy November!!!

See less See more
#154 ·
Where oh where are all of us! What a slow group we are the past couple of days!

We've had conferences for the two older girls. They went well.

S doesn't have her wcc until the 26th. She was a week late for the other and then with me going on a work trip and Thanksgiving, we had to move it till then.

Guess what Sophia did last night! She banged two toys together!

And then she cried and cried for the sitter last night and wouldn't take her bottle. The night before she cried for me and wouldn't nurse at all before falling asleep. Over stimulated? Other thoughts? We'll see what tonight brings.

#155 ·
Warning: HUGE VENT!

Ugh, girls, I'm having a rough time! I'm still sick, and Evangeline got up 3 times again last night, I'm sosoo tired I'm going to actually have a nap today! And not until she settles down, though. Axel has been a hellion too- he peed in his pants 2 x today, and every single time I ask/need him to do something it's a struggle- either plain old ignoring, defiance, running away, doing something else or 'in a minute!'. He gets crabby and whiney too when he doens't nap, and it drives me insane. I feel like I don't geta true break. I can't keep up with the house and I have no freaking desire to. Sometimes when Axel doesn't listen I get madder than I want to, and then that gets frusterating. I'm so tired. The house is a mess, even though the cleaner came on Sunday. Painting hasn't being going well, I'm frusterated, and can't get into it, and I'm sick of having people over at my house every day (co-op student and friend) and the pressure that goes a long with that. I spent too much $$ on diapers and I'm pissed about that bad decision becuase I've spent 40 in shpping for 3 diapers, I haven't even received them yet. I missed Evangeline's appt today
:, that's 2 missed appts the last couple months! I feel disconnected, and like I waste half the day. Ok, i obviously need more sleep. I don't know- like what is my problem?! I love being a mom, and right now I'm not enjoying anything, I feel moody and frusterated and tired. I don't want to join this club (the frusterated overtired mommy club)!
A
:
that doesn't even feel better!

#156 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

Ugh, girls, I'm having a rough time! I'm still sick, and Evangeline got up 3 times again last night, I'm sosoo tired I'm going to actually have a nap today! And not until she settles down, though. Axel has been a hellion too- he peed in his pants 2 x today, and every single time I ask/need him to do something it's a struggle- either plain old ignoring, defiance, running away, doing something else or 'in a minute!'. He gets crabby and whiney too when he doens't nap, and it drives me insane. I feel like I don't geta true break. I can't keep up with the house and I have no freaking desire to. Sometimes when Axel doesn't listen I get madder than I want to, and then that gets frusterating. I'm so tired. The house is a mess, even though the cleaner came on Sunday. Painting hasn't being going well, I'm frusterated, and can't get into it, and I'm sick of having people over at my house every day (co-op student and friend) and the pressure that goes a long with that. I spent too much $$ on diapers and I'm pissed about that bad decision becuase I've spent 40 in shpping for 3 diapers, I haven't even received them yet. I missed Evangeline's appt today
:, that's 2 missed appts the last couple months! I feel disconnected, and like I waste half the day. Ok, i obviously need more sleep. I don't know- like what is my problem?! I love being a mom, and right now I'm not enjoying anything, I feel moody and frusterated and tired. I don't want to join this club (the frusterated overtired mommy club)!
A
:

you'll have better days

#157 ·
Quote:

A
:
Oh, poor Queen, you had my yesterday today. I had a little crying jag last night and that felt better. When Max doesn't eat he gets REALLY cranky, but sometimes he just refuses to eat, so what can I do? Today is much better so far, but my floors still need mopping and we're still knee deep in apples. I feel like just when I get caught up, dh has another mess for me to clean up. Yes, dh, he gets on a roll with these projects and doesn't seem to realize it makes more work for me. Oops, now I'm ranting. Sorry, hope you feel better soon.

On an up note, Scarlet is asleep, I got the buckets of chicken feed out to the shed and it's relatively quiet. Oh, and the house smells of yummy cinnamon, as Max put some cinnamon sticks in the kettle on the wood stove.

He said a funny thing today, we'd been vacuuming: "Mom, I love Scarlet so much, I think she should have her own vacuum. Mine will be black and hers will be red."
The kid loves to vacuum!

Yay, Sophia! Mclisa, post some more pics of her, I can't remember what she looks like. (sorry)

#159 ·
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted too much to our thread, it seems like by the time I ever get to it it's already several hundred posts long! So I start reading and then I never get to actually post.

Valerie will be 7 months old on the 16th of this month. Hard to believe how fast time is moving. I'm exhausted this week, we have company (MIL and GMIL) and it's been busy here. Valerie is teething I think. She gnaws on her hands or mine constantly.

Last night I dropped her on the floor. I was sitting in my chair and nodded off. She pushed off of me with her feet and ended up going over backwards somehow and landing on her head/back on the floor. I still feel like such an @ss. I slept very poorly because I was worried about her. She landed on a carpeted floor from the height of my lap, but I couldn't help worrying just the same. The screaming was terrific. She wouldn't nurse right away either, she was screaming too hard. I held her and walked with her and sang to her and she stopped screaming, then after a few minutes she seemed OK, sitting on the floor while her sister made funny faces and sounds to get her to laugh. She doesn't have any bruises or anything and seems perfect today but I keep my eye on her watching for anything unusual

I hope everyone else is doing well and has not had any baby mishaps. There is nothing like the feeling that your baby might be seriously hurt and you're the cause of it.
:

#160 ·
PajamaMama:
These things happen, I'm sure she's fine. Romi falls on her face so many times a day, all I do is comfort her... But I've been rolling my eyes at her a few times, she's just so clumsy!

Queen: Welcome to the terrible 3's!! Liam is a hellion too, I'm so grateful for daycare. I feel like i don't know how to parent him anymore. When he hurts his sister yet again, when he throws his milk on the ground on purpose, when he slaps, kicks, yells in my face... It's trying to say the least. Combine that with a baby that doesn't want to sleep, and trust me, waking up 3 times is nothing. Try 6-7 times, yep Romi's there too. It makes for a grumpy mama. And my house is a mess too, I don't cook anymore, or when I do, it's huge accomplishment for me and I feel as if dh should be kissing my feet for it, but he's ignorant and just says thanks
I have no energy to neaten up, when romi sleeps, all I want to do is R.E.L.A.X.

As for diapers: I know. You got sucked into the GM craze
: Stay away from DS!!! Although I'm at the top of the crankypants waitlist now... Anyday!! And I bought 5 bamboo prefolds, covers (Bummis is in Montreal and they have 50% seconds on their covers, woo-hoo! Oh if anyone wants some, I'm going there this weekend again, oops am I enabling?), a GM, and an Oh Naturel fitted this week alone. So I should just offer
and keep my big mouth shut.

#161 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
I was dealing with hellion toddler yesterday. Scarlet has another tooth! Top one, and the other top will come through any day now. Funny, she will NOT let me touch them.

She's fussy, gotta run.
Seems like everyone's in the same boat here!

#162 ·
Okay, I only made it to page 4 and I have to hurry because I'm at the library and I only have 14 minutes left online!
We moved and are settling in great at our new house. I am feeling so happy about the decision to come home.
Arlo is as cute as ever and some day I will post new pics! He has two teeth on the bottom and I think he may be already getting two on the top!!
: He is sitting very steadily now and has started to get down on his belly so he can crawl. He doesn't crawl yet and has actually been pretty cranky because he's so frustrated about now being mobile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Oh, and speaking of milk....Johnny has started pulling down the necklines of other women's shirts - especially if they are larger or have cleavage showing - part of me think it's cute/smart of him; but I am a little worried about embarressing someone (so far everyone has just said somethign to the affect of, "oh I don't have any milk for you, only your mama does"). Which also reminds me that last night he pulled DH's shirt down and tried to latch on sort of - he would put his mouth on the nipple, laugh, and repeat I'm not sure if he was hoping to get somethign or just making a joke

At least he's still little! Finn was asking everyone to nurse him when I was weaning him a few months ago. It was so embarrassing! He would reach down my friends shirts or try to lift them up and he was over two! It was hiliarious but still

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nani View Post

Is anyone else having sleep issues with their babies? Romea wakes up about 3-7 times a night...
That's what our nights are like right now too...it will pass, but it sure is tiring!

Quote:

A
:
gah! I just had one of those days too. I actually ran out the door and came to the library as soon as dp got home. I couldn't spend one more minute with either of my children
:. Finn was a monster today right from the get go and Arlo was whining all. day. long.
If I knew your # I'd call you right now,
, just so we could bitch together! As it stands, I only have 6 minutes left online so I must go and answer emails. Plus I probably should go and nurse the baby. What I really want to do is go for a beer and a smoke (I don't smoke anymore, but I used to, and I want one right now
). Alright, I miss you guys! I'll have internet next Tuesday, so try and slow down a bit so I don't have so many pages to read!!
A

#164 ·
DH is soooo ready for a break when I come home. I'd bet he truly understands your pain more than I. In fact, as soon as I came home he left to go running 6 miles. He likes a beer for a break too.

#165 ·
I've always enjoyed everyone's baby pics but never posted any of my own yet... here are a few of Chloe and my other kids (Zack and Sophie):

http://morticia.cs.dal.ca/~bongo/images/Fat%20legs.JPG
http://morticia.cs.dal.ca/~bongo/ima...20laughing.JPG
http://morticia.cs.dal.ca/~bongo/ima...in%20pants.JPG
http://morticia.cs.dal.ca/~bongo/ima...y%20Sophie.JPG
http://morticia.cs.dal.ca/~bongo/ima...%20costume.JPG

Hugs to everyone having a rough time with no sleep - we're going through this too (more that C wakes up a bunch and then wants to start her day around 5:30am but my oldest isn't getting to bed until 11pm or so... this makes for a short break from the kids).

No crawling here yet - my other two never crawled so I'm curious to see if Chloe will do the same as her siblings. No teeth yet, either. I'm sure these will make an appearance soon enough!

#166 ·
Thanks, everyone for all your encouragement and commiseration. It actually does help! I had a nap with the kids, and I felt a lot better. I made dinner and folded laundry, then dh took the kids down to my fil's, and I did all the dishes, tidied up and swept. whew. but it feels so much better! I'm actually glad to hear that this is an age thing with the toddlers though- it makes me think it's not my parenting, but that he'll grow through it.

welcome pajamamama! my kids have fallen too and no worse the wear- but you do worry don't you!
and mizliz, cute cute kids! the eyes on your babies!

finn's mama- nice to hear from you- too bad we won't hear again until next tuesday! it's so great to hear you have a new house, and you're glad to be home.
Lilmama- did you remember the other thing?
that made me laugh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Queen: Welcome to the terrible 3's!!
Try 6-7 times, yep Romi's there too. It makes for a grumpy mama. And my house is a mess too, I don't cook anymore, or when I do, it's huge accomplishment for me and I feel as if dh should be kissing my feet for it, but he's ignorant and just says thanks
I have no energy to neaten up, when romi sleeps, all I want to do is R.E.L.A.X.

As for diapers: I know. You got sucked into the GM craze
: Stay away from DS!!! So I should just offer
and keep my big mouth shut.
Ok, I won't complain about 3 times. But let me tell you, I 'encouraged' that rutabega in her mouth today! who says you can't subtly pressure with self-feeding too? 'here, let me push all that into a neat little pile for you, just so you can grab it all up in your cute little fists and smash it into your mouth. oh, you want more?'

ya, I got sucked in.
:big time. they had better be worth it! I actually do need to stay away from ds. it's like a big black hole. I'm limiting myself to evening- I HAVE everything I need! but she IS growing out of her fitteds. and I DO need to sell some....

oh, and ps, well what are you going to do with 2 crankys?

A

#167 ·
#168 ·
mizliz, your kids are gorgeous! I love chloe's halloween costume!

I have no room to gripe about being tired, since I only have the one child and no wild toddlers around, but I just feel like I need a break.
: Tonight was my 4th Weight Watchers mtg and DH was supposed to watch Scout, but had to work late so I had to take her with me AND take her to church choir practice (which I really don't want to be a part of, but am obligated for various reasons
. Keeping her occupied and happy at both meetings was exhausting. My legs and back ache from slinging her and being on my feet for the last hour and a half. If DH would've gotten an earlier start today, I bet he could've been home to take care of Scout. But he was goofing off with his new toy (a motorized scooter) this morning instead. I don't think he realizes how exhausted I am. But if I complain at all, he plays the card that I'M the one who had been wanting a baby for so long and finally talked him into it. He says it half-jokingly, but if makes me so made because it's just like saying, "Well, I didn't want her, why should I have to take care of her??" I know he loves his daughter soooo much and doesn't really feel that way. But I just feel very alone when it comes to parenting duties. I also feel like I have no right to complain because he IS the bread-winner and I feel blessed that I get to stay at home. He's so tired after work and I just can't bring myself to nag him into being an active parent, kwim?

Oops - sorry for rambling on like that. I just wanted to jump on the "I'm pooped and frustrated" bandwagon.

Hugs to all you other mommas who are having a rough go of it lately.

#171 ·
MizLiz....WOW Chloe's eyes....beautiful.

Queen--Evangeline is so cute.....and I absolutely love her name. Everytime you post about her I think to myself "What a great name!"

Hugs everyone.....It's HARD to be a mom, isn't it?? So joyful and crazy at the same time. There are days when the only thing that gets me through is praying constantly for patience and perseverence. And even then I feel like I've been through the ringer

G has her 6 month check up today...she's laying on the floor rolling around and squealing...I should probably go play with her
She is OBSESSED with my Nalgene bottle. So weird.

I hope everyone has a good day today!

#172 ·
that will be fun to hear how big Gianna is!

I love all of the baby pictures. I hope our kids appreciate how good our cameras are because my baby pics are quite crappy. Or maybe we all are just better photographers.

I'm taking all 4 tomorrow (while DH goes hunting with his dad and brother) to my sister's house. It's about an hour away and on a farm. This will be the first time Claire has been there in a year. DH is super anxious because we've never been that far from an ER before. I'm sure she'll be fine. It's not like she is going to go play in the barn.

My sister is having a purse party. Not my thing, but a good excuse to make the trek out there.

OK, must go feed Sophia and help DH get the girls dressed for school before I leave for work.

#173 ·
Quote:

ya, I got sucked in.
:big time. they had better be worth it! I actually do need to stay away from ds. it's like a big black hole. I'm limiting myself to evening- I HAVE everything I need! but she IS growing out of her fitteds. and I DO need to sell some....

oh, and ps, well what are you going to do with 2 crankys?
I have one GM coming to me, and it better be worth it as well!

As for the Crankies, well the Jolly Rogers is now too small for Romi now
The inseam is fine, but the rise? Forget it. I see like 2 inches of diaper above the waistband... The girl has a looooong torso. So these will fund the next pair. That's what's great about crankies, they don't lose value

#175 ·
Kewpie: sucks that your dh makes you feel like you have sole responsibility over parenting... I don't think he realises how much harder it is to care for a baby than going to work. I told dh so many times (when Liam was a baby) how I'd trade for his job in a second. He got to relax on his commute, he got lunch breaks, he got to speak to adults all day. Being a mom is a hard, ungrateful job. So I don't feel sorry that dh goes to work and his tired. I'm way more tired than he could ever be!

#176 ·
Quote:

Kewpie: sucks that your dh makes you feel like you have sole responsibility over parenting... I don't think he realises how much harder it is to care for a baby than going to work. I told dh so many times (when Liam was a baby) how I'd trade for his job in a second. He got to relax on his commute, he got lunch breaks, he got to speak to adults all day. Being a mom is a hard, ungrateful job. So I don't feel sorry that dh goes to work and his tired. I'm way more tired than he could ever be!
It is soooo much easier to be at work just as you've posted. I miss my lunch hour and adult conversations on weekends.

#177 ·
Quote:

lol this is pretty true. Back right after Gianna was born, she was sick (throwing up every hour. it was awful) and I kept having to change her clothes, my clothes, sheets, doing dipe laundry, etc and my husband called from work and I listed all the things I was doing and he could hear G crying in the background and I was saying how I'd not had more than 4 hours sleep in a row since the tuesday before she was born (which was a Thurs.) and I hadn't eaten all day (it was like..4 pm) and he was real quiet and then he just said, "Huh. I think my job is easier than your job. If I had your job, I'd be in the fetal position sucking my thumb, and G would be butt-patting ME."

#178 ·
aah, we're on the third page!

Weekends are usually slow, so I thought I'd give a little boost.

Miss Scarlet is trying to stand up without holding on to anything! Doesn't work very well, which makes her mad, but she's trying. Also grinding her new teeth, wonderful sound. She now has two on top broken through.

Kewpie - Way to go on the weight loss, that's alot in a short time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.